Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dog Days Are Over

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"A Corellian doesn't cheat? Why would you tell such a lie? That's akin to sayin' a Hutt doesn't like food. You're really pushing the limits of reality Miss Blake and I'm beginning to grow concerned for you."

He let the threat of a shoot out hang in the air, slightly rolling his eyes. Corellians were also a dramatic bunch in his opinion. Always threatening to shoot something or in this case, cheat their way to the top. It was all in good humor though, poking fun at the blonde woman with wide, sweeping generalizations about her native homeland.

Judah watched a few students wave and smiled slightly. The mess hall was the busiest place they had been in all day. Likely due to the hour of the day, when most would take a mid-day meal. Gaze found its way back to Miss Blake.

"So what of this infamous sandwich I keep hearing about? I'm starting to feel faint."

He nearly didn't get through the last bit of his sentence without laughing, doing his best to tease her.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"Well, for that..." Chloe began, trailing off a bit as she brought her hand up to shield her eyes as if searching for something in particular. Setting those baby blues upon the entrance to the actual kitchen of the cafeteria, her face broke into a wide smile.

"It will require some finagling." the Corellian shot Judah a brief wag of blonde brows that would make one wonder just what the woman was up to. Mischief no doubt.

"Come on," she said, beckoning him to follow her. "We'll just take a small detour..." she added, leading the way. The young woman weaved in between various students, some of which called her by name to say hello.

"Chloe!" a teenage Bith student called out. She was in her early teens, wide black eyes shining with warmth. "Are you gonna be giving another class?" she asked.

Chloe laughed, and shook her head. "Not today, maybe some other time. Playing tour guide for the moment." she answered, much to the slight crestfallen look. At least, until the blonde woman mentioned that perhaps later on she would.

"Judah, this is Mie. Mie, this is Judah." she would pause to introduce them to each other. "Mie trained at the Levantine Astronautical Academy for a bit."

"Finagling? I knew this tour/lunch combination was too good to be true."

They started to weave through the crowds of students enjoying their meal. Most of them greeted Chloe by name, wanting to stop and talk or asking if she was going to be teaching classes later on in the day. Judah was certainly holding her up from such activities, the kids seemed fairly heartbroken over it. Apparently his friend was a popular teacher within the Academy.

Judah was lead to a teenage Bith girl, one eager to greet them. He extended a hand out, shaking hers in a greeting.

"A pleasure to meet you Mie. I'm sorry to have taken away your teacher for a little bit. I'll try to get her back to everyone by the end of the day. Miss Blake thinks I'm much too slow to find my own way around, worries about me wanderin' off into the jungle and dying."

"Did you enjoy your time at the L.A.A.?"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

The young Bith Padawan gave a nod, her bulbous head inclining to show her enthusiasm.

"Hello! And yes, I did!" Mie replied, giving a small giggle at the thought that the man would get lost.

"Uh huh, well that's what happens when folk go wandering off by themselves.. end up in a sand sinkhole." Chloe quipped in a joke, shaking her head.

"Okay Mie, take care. We'll talk later." Chloe said, clapping her hand upon Judah's shoulder to push him along.

"Try and see if you can save me a muffin, kay?" she whispered with a wink to the padawan, who only giggled and nodded again.

"Alright, you." Chloe would sing with charm, pressing her other hand on Judah's other shoulder and gave him a little push.

"Let's go, sandwiches don't wait all day, you know!"

Judah shot [member="Chloe Blake"] an odd look, as if he would wander off into a sand sinkhole! He didn't consider himself the brightest man, but walking into a sinkhole seemed beyond his scope of normal idiocy. Warm hand came to clasp on his shoulder, trying to push him along.

"Nice to meet you Mie, don't let Miss Blake boss you around too much."

He slowly started to make his way to the kitchen preparation area, well he was being pushed along anyways. Apparently he was reaching new levels of the guided tour, an extremely hands-on operation it seemed.

"Finally. Here I thought I was going to wither away and die."

A loud snort came from the Warden. Clearly, the blonde Corellian wasn't afraid to show a little bit of sass.

"Oh aye, I can see it already," Chloe quipped, giving him a once over. A blond brow rose, and she gave him an expression that said she hardly believed it.

"Withering away to a twig, poor you. " she managed to say, before a few new faces broke into smiles and welcomes.

There were a wealth of aromas that just tugged at the belly. With everything cooking and being prepared back here, it all melded into this cornucopia of flavors and smells.

"Hey Vie," Chloe shined her sunny smile at the head cook.

"Chloe!!!" the massive Houk spread his arms wide, thick like tree trunks that just encapsulated the smaller woman in a big hug.

"You're lookin' as handsome as ever, old timer." she complimented him, grin splitting her face as the Houk gave a mighty laugh. It resonated, coming from deep in his belly as he let her go from his embrace.

"Hahaha, I've been working out!" he insisted, patting his belly. They chuckled for a bit before, turning to Judah.

"Judah, this is Vie, head cook .. Vie.. this is Judah.. our new landlord!"

Following [member="Chloe Blake"] silently, he was being led along to a kitchen as she quipped about his twig-like state. Truth he told, he did lose a little weight, not that he had been trying. Somewhere in between grieving, watching over Makai, running Salacia and keeping up with any other engagements he had let his well being slip on the wayside. Logically, being the only surviving parent to his young son, Judah knew he had to get back on track. Just as soon as things quieted down. Yavin threw a wrench into those plans, but he put it on himself.

"Pleasure to meet you Vie." Extending a hand, he gave a hearty shake to the cook. "Chloe says you're an excellent cook. I'm sure you live up to your reputation."

"However....Miss Blake promised to make me lunch, not have someone else make it. If you don't mind not helping her, I'd appreciate it. I fully intend to make her work for these five credits she swindled out of me."

"Hahahaha!" Vie's belly full laugh resonated with jovial mirth. His eyes grew wide, and he gave a heavy clap at Judah's shoulder. The Houk had some strength to him so it may have a bit more power than he intended.

"Did she now?" He asked with a rumbling voice, his shoulders shaking with a chuckle as he spoke.

Chole gave a dramatic roll of her eyes, but her grin was fixated firmly on her face. They were all joking after all.

"Hey, I'm just doin' introductions here now," Chloe defended herself, "I had every full intention of makin' that sandwich!" she insisted, grabbing Judah by the shoulders to guide him over towards the small island with a few barstools for him to sit on.

"Gonna borrow your kitchen for a bit Vie!" she told the Houk, who only encouraged her with a meaty shake of his hand.

"You know where everything is," he said, his barrel chest turning to get on with the rest of his duties -- but not before he flashed a wink at the Dashiell.

"I'd have her eat it first to just make sure, eh."

Which of course, prompted a mock gasp of a front from the Corellian, who in turn gave the Houk a light smack on his shoulder.

"Vie!'

The laughter only became louder as the Houk walked away.

"I'll keep that advice in mind."

So far, things weren't looking good for his [member="Chloe Blake"] provided lunch. The cook was telling him to have her eat the food before hand, who knew if she actually knew how to boil water at this point. Taking a seat on the barstool, he rested against the small island, watching.

It was odd, sitting off to the side and not actually doing anything. Judah certainly wasn't used to it. He fidgeted slightly before settling back down, debating if he should get up and help. Leaning over the island slightly, Judah couldn't take it anymore.

"So.....what can I do?"

A finger jabbed out at Judah as if intending to poke his shoulder. A rather mock serious scowl followed suit from the Warden, as she warned, “Just sit there Judah Dasiell!” as if unable to hold onto it any longer, her face bloomed anew with that sunny expression.

“What sort of sandwich are you feelin’ today?” she’d ask, delivering the poke to his side anyways in mild amusement. The woman was touchy, that was for certain. Although it was easy to see that she meant it in a friendly way. It was just how she was; all friendly like, whimsical sunshine, and rainbows.

“Vie’ll let me gather what I need, “ she added, coming across the bar to plop down her chin in between her hands, shooting the CEO of Salacia a wide grin.

“Best part you can see me make it, so I reckon you’ve no need to fear for your life.” oh did the mischievous glint ever shine in those sky blue eyes.

He was thankful [member="Chloe Blake"] didn't poke him in his bad shoulder, just skirting around and giving her best scowl or glare. Judah couldn't quite make out what type of 'angry' face she was attempting, but it was amusing. Like a kitten trying to be angry. Eyes took in the kitchen, looking at the ingredients Vie had laid out previously as he attempted to work.

"I don't have a preference, although I'm not a fan of mayonnaise. Anything you make will be more than adequate however. Can't say I'm very picky."

Mild frown touched his face, more than a little disturbed that he wasn't the one in charge.

"How about you sit down and I make this? It ain't right."

Judah's response amused Chloe. It was a curiosity that he said that it wasn't right. Leaning forward, the blonde came in a little bit closer as if sharing a secret.

"What isn't right about making you a sandwich Judah?" her voice would tease, eyes twinkling in impish devilry.

"You saying I can't make a proper sandwich now?" that came with a mock affront, the woman leaning back and giving a slight chuckle. She paid no mind what he said, moving alongside to pat his shoulder.

"I can make a sandwich just fine you know."

[member="Chloe Blake"] was starting to wear his normally long patience thin. Frustration was starting to well up inside, disappointed by the fact Miss Blake didn't seem to understand and by himself for getting to the point of feeling this way. Certain things grated him differently as of late. Lack of sleep, lack of real meals of any sort, and being stretched thin at home and his professional life were taking a toll.

Taking a moment to remind himself Miss Blake wasn't at fault, he wearily rubbed his face, trying to snap back into a better mood.

"Nothing...No.....I'm sure it will be perfectly fine, thanks."

His frustration was amusing her. It was odd. Why was he so frustrated?

"What? Ain't used to having a sandwich made?" she teased, giving a slight chuckle as the blonde strode past towards one of the larger walk-in refrigerators.

"Sliced Nerfsteak okay?" she called out over her shoulder, fingers curling round the handle of the clear door to open up the preserver. Cool, crisp air met her then, and she went right in to gather the fresh veggies and slices of cheese and meat she'd need.

"Unless you wanting a grilled cheese sandwich!"

Judah was too serious right now. He needed some cheering up. Even if it was by teasing him over making a sandwich.

Was [member="Chloe Blake"] giving him even more grief over a simple sandwich? It was hard to tell if she was purposely digging at him or his frustration was skewing the entire situation.Maybe both. Eyes followed her movements as she danced about the kitchen. Delighting in his misery or her normal space hippy self?

"No......no I'm not used to having someone make me a sandwich."

Hand ran through his mess of curls, shifting on the bar stool. Realization was slowly dawning on him. He wasn't frustrated at Chloe, just the entire mess of the situation. His late wife should be making the sandwich. He should be in his own kitchen on Ceto, watching a wet Makai run in and out, asking if they were done yet. Judah was thoroughly pissed that had been taken away from him and was taking it out on Chloe. It wasn't fair. He only had himself to blame. If he had been home. Been a better husband. Her death rested on his shoulders.

Ducking his head down, eyes studied the worn butcher block of the island.Shoulders slumped, a deep breath. A mental reminder it wasn't Miss Blake's fault at all. Head came back up to watch her actions, hoping she hadn't noticed.

"Whatever you make is more than fine....so long as mayonnaise doesn't touch it."

Though most of the students at the academy had broken off to do lunch, the old-yet-not-elderly ginger was accosted by one of the newer knights with a list of questions and probing philosophical discussion points at least as long as Ilias was tall. The young Mon Calamari woman was bright, but her avid enthusiasm needed redirection, at times. Not as much as it used to, for she had grown in many ways, but habits were hard to break and only less difficult to alter. Nonetheless, he was able to extract himself from her attention and make his way to the cafeteria, and then its kitchen, where he found [member="Chloe Blake"] and [member="Judah Dashiell"]; smiling mildly in their direction, he went to a cupboard, and pulled out a canister of loose tea of one variety or another.

"Ah, Miss Blake, Mister Dashiell," he said with soft exclamation, closing the cupboard, and going on to retrieve a small teapot, cup, and saucer, "it's nice to have the option to avail myself of the company of those other than the students," and set it all down near the electric kettle, pausing to fix his attention on the two, "not that the students aren't fine company... at any rate, I apologise for the delay in my joining you."

He eyed up the ingredients that Chloe was carrying out of one of the walk-ins, before measuring loose leaf into the little teapot.

"Sandwiches?"

His stomach's curiosity was piqued.

[member="Ilias Nytrau"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Hearing the slight shift in Judah's tone, Chloe peeked out from the preservation box and studied him with slight curiosity. Recalling the loss of his wife, her expression shifted into on of compassion. Aware that he likely did not want to talk about it as he had requested earlier, the blonde gave a small nod, adding, "Okay no mayo!"

She brought out a small jar of it anyways, setting it in front of the Salacia CEO. Her smile was impish. "Don't worry, it's for me." she assured, placing the bread, vegetables, and slices of cheese along with the nerf steak.

Just then, one more figured appeared. Chloe's expression brightened.

"Ilias!" she cried out, waving her fingers and moving round to give him a hug.

"We were wondering where you were at!" she beamed out, "It's fine, " gesturing for him to sit. "Want a sandwich?"

Lifting his own arms out of the way, he was stunned for a moment as exuberant arms went around him; it was hardly uncomfortable, though, as he soon lowered his arms to reciprocate, pat the woman on the back, and release her as she motioned to a seat and made her offer. He chuckled lightly because of her spirit, it was always so bright.

"That would be lovely, Miss Blake."

He returned to readying his tea, by filling the kettle and setting it to boil. Perhaps that spirit was infectious - he was sporting a smile that was difficult to tame, and a little hum accompanied the brief task. Leaving it to work, he turned back to the two, and took that seat.

"So, how are you both? How is life at the Kathol Outback, how's business for you both? I trust yourself and the young Mister Dashiell are doing well?" he said, his gaze moving from Chloe to rest on Judah, the 'all things considered' being an unspoken implication, but any answer could suit the question. It wasn't often he saw either of them, though Judah was a more likely face now, given a recent transaction. He then looked back to Chloe a moment. "And that seer friend of yours? I certainly thought he would have come along. No matter. How is he doing?"

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

"Its quite alright, don't worry about the delay at all."

A small frown came to touch his features as Miss Blake intentionally placed the jar of mayo right in front of him. Worse yet, she had that same impish grin on her face, as if she was innocent as the day was long. However, he was forced to stop slumping and having his own little private pity-party once Master Nytrau walked in and took a seat close to him at the kitchen island. It would take a second but Judah forced himself back into a relatively pleasant mood, as if putting a mask back on.

"Both of us Dashiell men are doing just fine, thank you for asking. How goes everything in your life? Pleasant I hope?"

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

The sounds of the kitchen were a bit loud, but the trio was still able to hear each other in their little corner. With a grin, Chloe went back to making the sandwiches. First would be Judah's. Taking out two slices of bread, she set them on a plate.

Much to Judah's relief, she did not use any mayonnaise but set to adding the rest of the ingredients. A sharp knife and a cutting board would get to slicing a few tomatoes.

"Jan?" Chloe pipped up with a half smile, "He's off wandering around the temple I'm sure. Get his land legs on him again." another soft chuckle. The Jedi Master had taken to traveling with Chloe for some time now, bringing his padawan Choli Vyn with him. Nowadays Choli took to working with the Alliance and Chloe visited here and there in regards to patrolling the lanes. Jannik came and went as necessary, but they'd taken to spending most of their time down by the Kathol Outback.

Turning to Judah, she flashed him a wink. "Reckon spendin' too much time with two females ain't necessitates some time away to find others of his kind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom