Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dog Days Are Over

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | Yavin IV - Jedi Temple

Humidity wrapped around him like a blanket. His clothes were already starting to get drenched in sweat with the cursory look around the massive building. It had stood for well over a millennia, jutting out of the thick green jungle, the stone contrasting with the environment yet fitting in all at the same time. This latest acquisition was an interesting one. What began has a semi-bored bid had launched him into large swaths of land on Yavin IV, a Jedi Temple and a Port. Other structures and smaller land claims remained with various members of the Rekali Clan or their respective owners.

Part of him was amused, while another part was eager to take on the challenge and hard work that lay ahead.

However, there was the question of the Jedi Temple. It had stood for so long and would continue to do so in its current state, beyond any needed repairs of course. Yet...should it remain for the Jedi? Judah joked with [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] to turn it into something for non-Force users, again joked with [member="Danger Arceneau"] about a school for scruffy farmboys.

He wasn't sure what to do, if anything. Miss Blake had the most history with the Temple, or so he had been told. Ilias Nytrau was some famous or semi-famous Jedi according to his sources and would be joining the meeting on the fate of the current structure's use.

If you're a Jedi with a good reason to be on Yavin IV or have a solid reason about care its fate, please feel free to join this thread.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"You know if'n you're gonna go divin' headfirst into a jungle," a singsong voice would call out just to Judah's right. "I'd have reckoned a little less layers would come in handy."

Yeah, a sunshine smile. Glinting mischievous bright blue eyes. Hair a half mess at the top of her head, half grease stained white shirt and a worn pair of drab olive green mechanic jumper with the arms tied to her waist. It was none other than Miss Frozen Burrito loving Chloe Blake herself.

"Some might say," as she sauntered on over to him, eyes bright. " A bit over dressed!"

Sleeves of his dress shirt were rolled to the elbow, tie loose at his neck. Judah was aware he was overdressed for Yavin IV. He was also well aware of the fact he would be meeting with several Jedi throughout the day. No need to look like a casual bum. Despite the more formal dress, the sweat rolling down his back certainly wasn't going to help his argument.

"Your argument is valid." Judah gave a small shrug. "I don't plan on diving through a jungle again anytime soon.Still trying to recover from last time."

"How are you Miss Blake?"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

A cheeky grin flashed at the salvage entrepreneur. As did a waggle of Chloe's blonde brows and a wiggle of her nose in an amused tease.

"In Yavin, you don't jump into the jungle. The jungle jumps you!" she said in a quip, merriment shining in her bright blue eyes. The Warden came to a halt in front of the old Vagrant fleeter; another life, another time.

Arms went 'round before Judah could protest. Chloe had always been a rather cheerful hugger, friendly and carefree.

"Khasaan'l Judah," she sang in Olys Corellisi by his ear, warm and genuine in their delivery. She'd carry the scent of lemongrass in her hair, with a humorous edge of hydraulic fluid to top it off.

"It is good to see you!" she added, pulling back to get a good look at the man.

"Where is the kiddo?"

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Cautiously, almost with a hesitation he gave Miss Blake a small hug back. It was in the Corellian's nature to be a little overjoyed at everything in sight and always seemed to be well overjoyed about the smallest things. Judah always watched in amusement, curious to know why she was always beaming and happy. Part of him suspected it was some Jedi brainwashing.

"Its good to see you too. Been too long but then again we've both been busy. The 'verse is a big place after all."

Head dipped slightly at her pulling back, checking him over like some mother hen. Not in the same way Miss Arceneau tended to look him over with a critical probing eye. This was different. As if Miss Blake was assessing him as a new person each time they crossed paths.

"Makai is out with his Grandmother, my mother, on Tabaqui. He hadn't seen in her awhile so its good for the pair to catch up."

Judah made a move towards some shade created by the massive structure.

"What have you been up to? Besides crawling in an engine bay."

There was a bit of a stiffness to Judah, barely there for Chloe to pick up. Was he okay? Mild concern washed her features but she kept her bright smile anyways.

"Well there's always some fun to had in that." Chloe exclaimed, the agreement in that bloomed as a sunnier smile. The woman had been raised by her grandparents since she was young. Her father and mother had passed away due to sickness. It had been a stressful time, and certainly one of melancholy, but Chloe and her brothers and sisters had plenty of time to spend with them before saying good by. It was the will of the Gods, and regardless, Chloe knew that she would eventually see them again.

"Well... working with the Academy," she told him, hooking her thumbs along the loops of her jumper. She set to walking alongside him, moving over towards that bit of shade he'd started out towards. There were small creeks and chirps from frogs and birds nearby. Lots of sand. Yavin was a jungle yes, but it had some similarities to a beach covered in palm trees and ferns.

"Got to talking with the Clans... Ember had been a dear friend of mine." she said. Not to mention, her home had been the Lost City of the Jedi off and on when she came to visit the old timer. To a degree, Chloe had come to pay her respects.

"Thessa come with you?" she asked, that smile still bright against her friendly expression. She'd yet to meet her. "Been a while since I saw her last! It would be great to catch up!" The Galan had been a part of Vagrant Fleet and Chloe had seen her off and on.

Judah ducked his head for a moment, looking at the interesting bits of ground when [member="Chloe Blake"] mentioned his deceased wife. The sting was starting to hurt less and less, but it was still an awkward subject to broach. Especially with a person like Miss Blake. She was so bubbly and full of life, it would be hard for him to knowingly burst that bubble. Yet there wasn't much of a choice. She would keep asking. It wasn't something that would go away on its own.

"No, Thessa didn't come along. Uh...She sadly passed away a little while ago. Or at least I assume she did. Complicated story. I'm sure she would have loved to catch up with someone from Vagrant Fleet though. We had a lot of good times floating on in the black together."

There was a long pause, probably made worse by his demeanor right now. He had to rectify the situation and turn it into something better. It couldn't turn into some awkward pity contest centering around Thessa. It would just make the pair of them uncomfortable. Judah motioned with a hand towards the Temple.

"Why don't you show me around the place? I'd like a tour."

What was one to say to that?

Chloe's stride slowed, the crunch of sand under her boots coming to a standstill. Her smile began to fade, and in its place was on of genuine compassion.

"Judah." she began, voice low but steady in her tone. It offered no pity, but merely the echo of another human being understanding the sense of loss that came with a loved ones' passing.

Now it made sense. There was not mistaking the sort of hurt that was now etched upon Judah's face. The tightness around his mouth. The darker violet under his eyes. The loss of weight and the angular lines of his face. Oh Gods, what about his son? Wasn't he but a youngling?

He was showing all the signs of one feeling uncomfortable. A shuffle of his feet, the avoidance of her gaze. There's a word in Olys Corellisi, Aa'kua -- to respect personal space. Chloe wanted to respect Judah's own space, his privacy, but at the very least she wanted to show a measure of support.

Typically, she'd have drawn him into another hug and held him close. However, with him wanting to clearly move on beyond the topic of his late wife, Chloe did the best she could under the circumstances. If Judah needed anything, she would be there.

"If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know," she told him quietly, empathy in her body language and tone. With a deep breath, her head swung back to the temple, loose strands of blonde hair blowing across her face.

"...Well you're in luck," she began, doing her best to provide a measure of normalcy to the situation while suggesting in her stance that she'd go as quick or slow to Judah's pace.

"I can offer you the two credit tour..." a pause, then the slight upward curve of the left corner of her lips. A barest flash of a dimple." Or the five credit tour plus sandwich combo."

It was uncomfortable when [member="Chloe Blake"] offered her sympathy, her condolences and the offer to do anything. It was earnest and heartfelt, no doubt. Feelings were always stirred up when another mutual acquaintance of himself or Thessa found out about her passing. Anger and regret mixed in, along with sadness. A different feeling of loss always accompanied such a thing. A loss for himself.A loss for who he was. It felt as if his world was slowly crumbling around him, now he was floating aimlessly in a vast ocean with no anchor point in sight.

Hopefully he'd wash up on some beach soon, keeping one's head up in an ocean was tiring.

"Thank you. It means a lot"

It didn't take her long to skip to another subject, one a little more mundane. Eyes looked up for a long moment as the massive building. It was a bit much for one person to take on and the Jedi had a rather long history with the structure.

"Five credit. Sandwich not necessary."

tumblr_np1b8pQ1fR1rnpi4to1_1280.png

At that, Chloe gave a half cheeky smile. She brushed back the strands of blonde hair away from her eyes, tucking them behind her ears.

"Oh don't be too quick to say that," the Warden replied, a new flicker of mischief in her eyes. Keep it simple. Normal. There was support in simply working through the day and keeping oneself busy.

"This is a jungle... and a temple," she added, trudging on ahead of him a couple of feet. Grit and sand crunched underfoot, and up ahead was a massive break in the trees and underbrush. A few more feet and Judah would be able to come face to face with the ancient ruins of the reconstructed Jedi Temple.

"With hundreds... and hundreds..." her tone would deliver the news with notable amusement, free hand gesturing towards the many chiseled out nooks along the stone.

"...of steps." a half step forward and the woman spun on the ball of her feet. Walking backward, she tucked her hands inside her back pockets.

"You're gonna work up an appetite."

Time for the tour to start.

"Thank you for clarifying this is a jungle and a temple. I was a bit lost for a second."

He shot a weak grin in her direction. Stone crunched underneath his leather shoes as they walked, joining the chorus of birds near by. It certainly was a lively place, mixed with some odd type of peace. Judah could see why the Jedi decided to settle in the area all those years ago.

Eyes shot to [member="Chloe Blake"] at her mention of steps. A slight scoff came to rest between them. Judah did not expect to see a turbolift, at least not one installed within the last two centuries or so. Or in working condition. As they moved towards the Temple, Miss Blake was walking backwards, continuing her speech on stairs.

"Don't worry Miss Blake, I may be old and slightly out of shape, but I'm not going to die of a heart attack on your steps."

They stepped into the cool shadows of the hangar, the temperature dropping immediately.

"Lead the way. Just go slow, old bones."

A heavy unladylike snort followed suit. Enter the glance of disbelief from the blonde woman, flashing him an expression that said, oh please.

"Old bones?" the temperature fell as they stepped inside, but the noise level picked up. There were still a few students, workers, and Masters of the Jedi Academy within the premises. A few starfighters lined the far right side of the hanger, while to the left, the larger light freighters were being refueled.

This wasn't your typical Jedi Order Academy. Not in the traditional sense that is. The Jedi Academy was founded on the principles of being more tightly knit Houses of instructors, led either by experienced Knights or Masters. Houses were spread across the 'verse, while the main headquarters was situated here on Yavin, under the care of the Neti Headmistress, M'ta Eyal.

"You ain't old Judah Dashiell," Chloe drawled out, a chuckle following suit. Turning on the ball of her feet, she straightened her stride and matched him step by step.

"You still got plenty of years to travel the black in you." she added, turning to look at the Salaucami native with a faint smile.

"'sides, my granddaddy always said men get better with age." she'd inform him, pearly white teeth flashing as she added to her quip," Said they're more inclined to be less picky about what type of sandwiches they get!"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Well, beggars can't be choosers. Perhaps us older men have come to realize when a pretty girl offers to procure food we don't question it."

He offered a small smile to Chloe as they walked along in the hangar. Eyes took in the larger vessels being taken care of the corner. It was busy but it had an odd quiet about it. Judah wondered if they should have more students. Perhaps they were elsewhere. Maybe this was just a smaller academy. He knew the one of on Voss was massive, larger than life really.

"So, as for the Academy here. You know I'm not going to kick you guys out or anything, right? I've got no quarrel with a pack of kids tryin' to learn."

Chloe gave a small chuckle at that.

“Now you’re just complimenting to get a free sandwich!’ she teased him, moving along to gesture for him to follow her.

“We typically store all the freighters here. We’ve a starfighter hangar up on top.” she told him, moving to and fro in her half backwards walk that righted itself now and then.

“Some of the students learn more advanced piloting lessons here.” the young woman elaborated. When Judah mentioned that he wasn’t aiming to kick the academy out, Chloe’s smile softened.

“I reckoned I figured that already, Judah.” she told him, slowing her amble. There was a large staircase up ahead, that would lead towards the training facilities and the residence halls.

“You ain’t ever been one to look down on folk learnin’” she admitted. It wasn’t like Judah to be the sort to kick folk out of their homes. He was a good man, that she figured out a long while ago.

“We do lots of things here. Study the jungles of Yavin.. Horiculture.” she added, turning back to lead the way up the stairs.

“The Jedi Academy ain’t fixated to any Order persay… we just offer a place for folk to learn. There are smaller satellite Houses, and each tend to have a central area of study.”

"So basically a rag-tag group of kids? independents?Got it."

[member="Chloe Blake"] was leading him about in the way only Chloe Blake could. It was ambling and a bit inconsistent, but it clearly made since to the woman giving the tour. Besides, it was all flowing together. Hangar talk, Yavin jungle, and learning centers or 'houses' all seemed to blend in seamlessly as she answered his questions.

They hit the stairs and they slowly climbed, Judah assumed to a bit more quieter area. Library, residence hall, or classrooms were probably on their list. It was just a guess but he had toured enough schools when trying to place Makai in one to know how they were laid out. Boots made small scuffing noises as they continued to climb.

"What else should I know? I feel like I'm boring you or slowing you down....Please, if you have something else to do I can give myself the self-guided tour. I imagine I couldn't get too lost with these walls containing me."

"Don't be talkin' nonsense." Chloe waved his assumptions off with an idle gesture of her hand. She led him up the stairs. With an impish grin, she glanced over her shoulder.

"What? You fear my sandwich making skills that much?" she'd tease, turning to the right and then following the next set of stairs.

Judah was correct. Things were a bit quieter here. "We have the residence hall here, along with the mess hall," she told him, moving up further along the steps - she wasn't kidding about the steps - and then finally crowned a large stone archway.

There were a few more padawans and students here. The thing about the Jedi Academy was that it wasn't just Force users who took advantage or provided support to Yavin Academy. There were rangers, a few of the Rekali clan who were interested what lay here. Vahla witches and then your aggri corps.

Far more than just a typical academy. Once could say it was a miniature city in and of itself. With Port Witchtown not far off, it suited the Academy's needs just fine.

"Conference rooms are down that way." she pointed.

"Along with the training rooms."

"Sandwich making skills? I'm beginning to think its all talk and no delivery."

All in all, he didn't want to have [member="Chloe Blake"] go out of her way on his account. There seemed like a million things she could be doing, not giving him the five credit tour of a massive ancient Temple. Eyes moved up to the massive stone archway, taking in the craftsman ship of the building. It had all be lain by hand, stone by stone. Much of the Temple seemed as it was over a millennia ago. There was something to be said about being steadfast, not changing.

More students were appearing around the training room areas, bustling about to their next stop. He got a few curious looks here and there.

"Any problems with the supply chain around here?"

"Judah Dashiell, are you questionin' my sandwich makin' skills?" Chloe quipped back with humor, her blue eyes glimmering with mirth.

"Back where I'm from, that's grounds for some fightin'." she teased, tucking her hands back into her back pockets. With a small chuckle, she answered his query with a small nod.

"Comes and go," she admitted, tossing her head a bit to move the strands of blonde hair that kept tickling her lashes. Their path would lead them further along towards the mess hall and the residential areas.

"Folk need a special permit to come near this space; it was all screened by the Rekali's." What would happen now, Chole wasn't quite sure.

"Port Witchtown is handy for the bulk of the goods, but there ain't much beyond that."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Fighting words? I'd hate to get into a scrap with you. I hear Corellians fight dirty. I'd never have the chance to win fair and square. Heck, likely I'd end up needing medical treatment."

They continued to amble on, listening to the talks of supply concerns. Judah wasn't overly surprised to hear of some hiccups in the line. If the Temple ordered something and a permit was needed....well, it could turn into a real issue. Judah suspected Salacia vessels would have little to no trouble at all landing on a regular basis. Couldn't exactly enjoy one's purchase if vessels couldn't get to it.

"Whatever you want, send me a message. Even if I'm not coming through, a Salacia vessel can drop it off for everyone here. I can't imagine the prices being reasonable. Most of the time it'll be salvage crews getting what you need on their travels."

"Its the least I can do for you."

Chloe gave a mock gasp of aghast, turning on the balls of her feet to continue her backward amble. Jaw fell and she gave a dramatic widening of her eyes.

"Judah Dashiell, a Corellian doesn't cheat!" she exclaimed, hand coming to rest over her chest as if she couldn't believe what Judah said. The mirth reflecting in her eyes made it clear she was just poking fun, but the Corellian was also apt to defend her native kinsmen.

"Keep it up, and we'll be wakin' up at dawn ready to walk ten paces." she joked, crinkling her nose for a moment. A swing in her step and she righted her walk. They came to a more bustling part of the Academy; the mess hall.

"The Headmistress is at a meeting, but I figure you'll be able to stop on by later on this afternoon to talk to her if'n you like." Chloe elaborated, smiling at a few of the students who waved hello at her direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom