Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Day the Stars Stood Still

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Thread Warning: This is a social thread. If you show up with a fleet or try and pick fights, you'll really harsh the vibe and make me sad. I'll probably ignore you if you do, so please don't be that guy.
If you do I might sic Domina on you.

Oldrepublic_27_103.png

Date: 900 ABY
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Asai Rayia Asai Domina Prime Domina Prime

The sound of drums filled the air on the massive city-tree. The cathar of Ran Dom Kuun were in a day of celebration. A story much older than even the eldest of Cathar, the day the stars stood still. The day the Mandolorians were defeated by the jedi, and the day the Denik could finally come out of hiding. While the days of the mando wars had long past, the celebration had become much more than that. A celebration of cathar coming to maturity, of a population coming back from extinction, of a culture surviving in spite of annihilation. What was before a massive sea of green high above the savannah to the north and jungle to the south was now covered in banners of tribal colors, of golds and reds and oranges, as the people within it's branches danced under the setting sun.

ABOVE:
Objective 1: Socialize, chill, and get fat on food.

Within the branches, the Denik people were outside of their homes, children running around, some painting the trunk of their passive tree, some getting tattoos from the elder tribe leaders. Mothers decorated, while teenagers mingled. Within the branches, some teens were competing in tree surfing competitions, while other elders offered buffets of local food. Kiltik steak, salads with local berries, broiled meat from local mammalian species, pasta bowls of cathar wheat mixed with unique spices.

BELOW:
Objective 2: Martial PvP and/or dancing. Come vibe and maybe get high.

Deep below the branches, massive roots circled and weaved above the ground, creating small arenas for male Cathar to test their strength. In other rings, the cathars danced, wearing loose fabric that showed off their tattoos, fire pits filling the air with the smell of fragrant smoke, the pits filled with herbs of tribal significance.

Objective 1: Socialize.
Jonyna_Chaos_Cathar_Shaman-portrait.png

Ever since returning home, Jonyna had been on the fence on how her people now saw her. Before she had went into the ice 900 years ago, she would've reveled in the glory of being a tribal leader within the branches of her city-tree. But now, now that she was the legend she had always claimed she would be, it felt unearned. She hadn't had her moment of triumph, her blaze of glory, no emperor overthrown. Rather, her tales had fallen in the myth. Her exploits fallen to the sands of time, twisted into glorious battles that had fallen to fantasy.

But she was never one to turn down the responsibility to her people. She exited her house, covered in tribal paint of local plants, wearing a cathar gown that had been given to her by her mother, and wearing her father's old cape, off the back of a Cathfiend, a local beast that acted as the Cathar's largest predator. On her head, she wore the feathers of the Komanga, a local avian that lived within the jungle, wearing the skull of a Gongoon, an ox-like creature from the savannah. She stood tall, looking to where her padawans had gotten off to, letting out a breath as a young cathar approached her, speaking in local catharese.

Objective: Partake in a day of importance
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Domina Prime Domina Prime

Rayia had been pleasantly surprised to be invited to one of the festivals that Jonyna's people held annually. Considering how early she was into her padawan training, and the fact that she hadn't met Jonyna in the normal way, Rayia thought it would be a great opportunity to bond with her mentor. And although she wasn't a Cathar, she found herself resonating with the story of why the festival was celebrated. She had survived the wildernesses of Weik, home amidst her tribe upon its savannahs. She respected the idea of a culture surviving through disaster. 'I mean, the Feral Queen's tribe exists due to disaster. If your ancestors hadn't crashed upon Weik, it would have never become your home. More than that though, the tribe would never have had to adapt in order to survive,' Rayia thought to herself.

In any case, the relaxing atmosphere was something she could appreciate. It dulled the ache of the constant emotional prickling that lurked in the back of Rayia's mind. Pairing that with the sensations her highly sensitive senses were capturing, and it was little wonder her beast had been so nettled when she had first arrived. In fact, she probably still would be if the emotional high of celebration didn't blunt the riptide of sensations. Her tail was detecting the motions of each individual as they disturbed the air, her nose and ears captured the scents and sounds of intermingled spices, herbs and raucous laughter and footsteps. One individual seemed more interesting than most, sharper, predatory, and easily more distinct, but Rayia had to pay her respects first.

'You're lucky they were so kind to you when you first arrived. You surely must have seemed a mess,' she thought. The thought brought the slightest twinge of guilt lurking in the back of Rayia's mind. She still hadn't told Jonyna about her people, or the circumstances by which she had fled Weik. 'We need to have that conversation at some point. But not on such an auspicious day,' Rayia thought, and glanced around to discern where her master was. She could hear the low thuds of bodies colliding and the excitement of the crowd walking that razor's edge between blood lust and the integrity of a fair fight.

The movements from those in the arena, and the grunting and chanting was familiar. 'They're holding a martial tournament?!' Rayia thought, ears perking with interest before drooping. 'No, wait remember what happened the last time your tribe tried to join such a tournament on Weik,' she thought remembering that the Felacatian became enraged with the opponent's taunts, transformed and nearly devoured their opponent and spectators alike. The tribe had a unspoken rule about tournaments after that, especially for those with poor control. And Rayia hadn't yet found that balance within herself yet. She couldn't yet rely on the beast within without losing herself to it.

Picking Jonyna out of the crowd, Rayia wandered over. "Hello Jonyna. Are you well? I appreciate your invitation to celebrate this with you. Do you have any suggestions? You remember the first time I visited? I wasn't exactly in any situation to peruse your markets or streets," she said as she appraised Jonyna's outfit approvingly.

Last edited:
Objective 1: Chill out and have some fun
Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Rayia Asai Rayia Asai Domina Prime Domina Prime Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
Outfit

Shan hadn't been directly invited to the celebration by Jonyna, but he had managed to overhear the discussion about it and so the Mirialan had decided to take his interceptor to go and visit Cathar. After the camping event with Nir, Shan decided it was going to be best to try and get to know the Cathar people better. After all, he hadn't exactly made a good impression with Nir at the end of the day. So going here would allow him to learn more and more about the Cathar culture. He didn't know much about it himself, though he had put it into his notes that he should start learning more about the other cultures in the Galaxy. As much as he was tolerant and understanding of people, actually knowing about people's culture was going to help if he wants to be more diplomatic than confrontational or aggressive.

He had landed his interceptor a small distance away from the city tree, wanting to make a good impression by walking there as opposed to just zooming in a starship. Part of him wondered if there was some kind of gift he should bring to the people. He wasn't exactly much of a craftsmen, and most of Mirialan culture revolved around the Force which would be hard for him to gift to the Cathar. So it was more difficult than he had expected to try and figure out what kind of gift he could use for the celebration. He decided it would be best to go with a home delicacy in the form of zoochberry dumplings in a bunch of what could be described as Tupperware boxes. The Mirialan used the Force to help him carry the various boxes of food behind him, using it as a way to also practice and train as the Mirialan walked into the city, looking around for Jonyna.

There was the sight of the fighting rings, where it seemed like some of the Cathar was testing themselves. In the past, the idea of joining would never have crossed the Mirialan's mind, but he had plenty of stress and frustration that he wouldn't mind getting out now. But that could come later, the Padawan wanted to help celebrate this day with the Cathar and make good relationships with them, so he carried on exploring the City Tree, carrying the boxes of dumplings behind himself, probably getting a few strange looks from a couple of Cathar at the sight of this Mirialan walking through the place to try and figure out where the Jedi Knight was...

Eventually the Mirialan heard the slightly familiar voice of Rayia, which then quickly lead to Shan coming across Jonyna and the Padawan hurried on over, panting a little bit. Carrying the boxes this far with the Force was starting to wear on his stamina. "Hello Rayia, Knight Si. Do either of you two know where I can drop off the gifts I brought?" He jabbed his thumb backwards towards the box of dumplings, keeping a grin on his face. It was already feeling nice to try and give to other people. He wasn't exactly a Master Chef or a Greedo Ramsey, but he was able to at least make some decent food in his eyes.

d1d430234228956e5bdf59fdeaa2ead1.jpg

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Rayia Asai Rayia Asai

Z9U36lL.png
“That’ll be 65 credits!” The merchant at the stand said to Kel Dor. Giving the alien a brief odd look. Not understanding why the Ko would want to buy such things. Nonetheless he handed them over the money and paid for it. Receiving a small airtight container of local herbs. He heard that the local feline people were very fond of them and have used them for teas. So naturally Ko had to try it for himself. He wondered too if his Master and fellow padawan under her would want to try it as well.

Stashing the herbs in the small pack he had with him he then began to search for where Jonyna was. For the rather conservative Kel Dor a lot of the more revealing tribal clothing made Ko mildly blush under his mask as he navigated through the locals among the massive tree. He had an idea of where Jonyna was at a different part of the tree. Near one of the wet branches he began to slide down it like Jonyna had taught him before. He did a good job, but at the end of his sliding he still slipped and fell on his butt.

Eventually he managed to find his master, sensing her through The Force some. There she was with her other student. Rayia, someone who he too had assumed as a cathar. He noted his master’s attire, which was no exception to the other more revealing clothes of the people around. But seeing it on someone who had rapidly turned into a surrogate mother figure for him made the mild blush under his mask deepen some. Along with his two cat friend, there was a familiar green teen as well.

“Howdy again you two and you as well Shan.” He said as he approached them. Hearing that Rayia seemed to mention the markets.
“Oh I literally just got back from there, was just picking up something for later."

Hello Jonyna. Are you well? I appreciate your invitation to celebrate this with you. Do you have any suggestions? You remember the first time I visited? I wasn't exactly in any situation to peruse your markets or streets,"
"Hello Rayia, Knight Si. Do either of you two know where I can drop off the gifts I brought?"
“Howdy again you two and you as well Shan.” He said as he approached them. Hearing that Rayia seemed to mention the markets. “Oh I literally just got back from there, was just picking up something for later."
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The three padawans before her, Jonyna smiled. "I take it you three came to socialize? You can drop the gifts off over at the buffet." Jonyna gestured to the massive buffet, another Cathar woman standing behind while a male stood in front of him, tearing headfirst into a big leg of some sort of massive beetle.

The small cathar girl that had followed Jonyna looked to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , curiously, speaking in her native language, thought Shan could tell enough to recognize she was asking a question.

"I came to learn more about your people, Knight Si." Shan lowered his head towards Jonyna afterwards. He was being as kind as he could to them, with Shan heading over towards the buffet carefully...Or well using the Force to hand the dumplings on the table. He was more interested in the Cathar girl that was trying to talk to him, as he crouched down slightly to look them in the face with a smile.

"I'm...sorry. I can't really understand you. I'm Shan though. It's nice to meet you" He put his hand out towards them carefully, keeping a bright grin on his face. This was a good way for him to try and forget his problems right now. Just talk to strangers, get to know more people and listen to the celebration of the people.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Asai Rayia Asai

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Domina Prime Domina Prime

Rayia's tail prickled as she felt movements through the air indicating individuals were walking towards them from behind. She spun around and broke into a smile as she saw Shan approaching. 'Well, it's nice to know some things remain constant,' Rayia thought to herself in response to the Mirialan's humble awkwardness. The mention of gifts caused Rayia's ears to perk with interest. The smells wafting from the small basket hovering behind Shan were certainly intriguing. Rayia didn't remember ever encountering a scent both simultaneously sweet and tangy on Weik. She took a few hesitant steps towards the basket, before shaking her head. 'Don't start drooling in front of the others. Control yourself! Though...' Rayia chided herself, biting her lip with one fang as she beheld the Cathar ripping fresh strips of meat from a beetle's haunch. A rough tongue quickly scraped over her parched lips. '...that Cathar does have the right idea,' Rayia had to admit.

Once again, Rayia turned before Ko had approached and golden eyes lit upon him with a smile. She'd only met her fellow squire, or padawan as the others referred to them as, recently. And the prospect of learning together under one mentor transported her back to her days as a kit under the tutelage of the tribe's arms-master. Or maybe a better reference would be her mother's training, given the fact that both herself and Ko were adults. 'At least, I think he is. It's hard to tell,' she thought. Something prickled at her nose, a sharp, sweet, refreshing scent. It smelled a little like mint. Whatever it was, Rayia could feel every strand of fur along her nape to stand on end. Even the beast within chuffed happily, idly lolling in her head as her eyes sharpened into slits. Within one heartbeat, Rayia had crossed the distance spanning between her and Ko. Her movements almost blurring as she stared Ko down. "What is that... fascinating smell you have on you, Ko?" She asked excitedly.

Jonyna's question appealed to Rayia's sense of honor and pride, and she managed to tear her attention back towards her mentor. "I am, Jonyna. I thank you for your invitation once again," Rayia said, adopting a tone of formality. And while it might seem as if she was casually using the Cathar's name, it held significance. It was a measure of respect to be referred to by one's first name within the tribe. It ascribed a measure of reputation that preceded the individual. Noting the outfit, Rayia thought it appropriate to ask for further details. Celebrations such as this festival weren't anything new to her. She'd conducted several herself when she had been one of the Feral Queen's daughters. "If I may, what are your responsibilities today? Are there any ways in which we could assist?" After all, if she simply let all the work fall onto Jonyna, she was a terrible hunt-sister. 'Everyone must haul their weight if the tribe is to survive,' Rayia remembered. Idly, her fingers found the three slashes where a fierce reminder seared the lesson into her skin.

Objective: Let loose and have fun

Vulpesen's last trip to Cathar hadn't been particularly calm or pleasant. Imperials had been involved. Peril had been plenty, and drinks had been few. Now, as he swigged a burning liquid from the flask in his cloak, Vulpesen approached one of the multitude of rings where he saw the cathar testing themselves against eachother. War was hell. It was a simple truth that he had lived with, but it and all its aspects were what he excelled at. And despite the hell of war, he still found that there were few things quite as fun as testing your mettle against someone in the ring of combat.

"Alright gentlemen, who's first to take on the outsider?
" A lopsided grin showed on the Wilder's face as he shirked off his cloak, setting it aside on a branch along with his saber and pistol. His daggers were a bit of a problem, requiring a minute or two to unbuckle, unsheathe, and remove from their hiding place. Still, he figured that with the danger of his claws, any prospective partners wouldn't be particularly thrilled at the idea of fighting a man laden with weapons.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Rayia Asai Rayia Asai Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Cathar was...a complicated place for Khamesi. Before becoming a Sith, she had never had a chance to visit. In fact, until today, the only other Cathar she had ever known had been her extended family, all of which were now dead or unfindable and thus probably dead. She'd grown up on a small mining colony built into an astroid in a backwater system not labeled on most starcharts. She'd never even been to a settlement with more then a few thousand people till her Sith Master, dead and burned he may now be (at her hand), had 'recruited' her as his apprentice. It wasn't until she had found her way to the Order after killing him and striking out on her own she'd ever seen a ecumenopolis, that many people was hard to wrap your head around.

No, she was at home in metal corridors and the void of space. She'd spent plenty of time learning to survive on planets, mostly by being thrown on them and told to live or die by her master who disappeared for months at a time on his own projects. Then there was Felucia with Domina Prime Domina Prime , a true test if there'd ever been one. She spoke Cathar, knew much of it's history and stories, but this was her first time here, and she could feel the stares and glaress. She was, after all, more than just a Dark Sider, a rarity among Cathar across their history, she was a full blown sith, and a Sith Lady at that. She did nothing to hide the cold darkness that clung to her, though she did not force it out as an oppressive blanket. She was many things, and a woman of her word was one of them. She'd promised not to start any fights, and not to intentionally cause problems with the light siders and Jedi that she could feel were abundant here.

More than that, she was a giant among Cathar. 170cm and 85kg (5'7" and 187lbs) werre average among Cathar, she was 220cm and 125kg (7'2" and 275lbs) and it was all natural. No alchemy or sorcery had been used to make her this size, while she had been far more lithe and twig-like before becoming a Sith, the muscle her frame now bore was from her own efforts. She stayed quietly to one side, eyeing the fighting pits but not getting involved quite yet. A Sith being here was already going to be contentious enough with the other Cathar, her getting in the pits when she was a martial artist more than a swordswoman could cause even more. Especially as she fought to kill most of the time, and holding back was rarely easy once her blood got pumping. Still, hopefully this trip would be nice and worth it, after all, Dima was around here somewhere. If nothing else, seeing that bundle of chaos was worth the trip.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Rayia Asai Rayia Asai Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Vulpesen Vulpesen

Z9U36lL.png
Ko himself wasn’t thoughtful enough to bring a gift to this unlike Shan. All he did was buy some local herbs. Perhaps he could argue he gifted the vendor with credits in exchange for it. What could be better than supporting local businesses?

He watched as Shan stepped away with a small cat girl following him. When Ko looked back to his master and fellow padawan he almost flinched as he saw Rayia was suddenly a lot closer to him and had an intense gaze. He cocked a brow over her question. Not really knowing what she was talking about. His antiox mask filtered out a lot of odors so he wasn’t aware of the possibly minty scent he carried with him.

Staring back at Rayia, the Kel Dor simply shrugged. “Umm, I don’t know. Maybe I was just at the market earlier, maybe I accidentally got covered in something?” He wondered out loud, now that he thought about it he did recall that a lot of the feline locals were giving him similar looks as he walked by. Which he attributed to just looking physically very different.

Then the next moment Rayia turned her attention back to their master and replied to Jonyna’s words. Ko followed up with, “Yeah Ditto…” He wasn’t really sure what he could help out with. Since he wasn’t too familiar with the customs of Cathar yet.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"..." ~ Basic
<<...>> ~ Cathar

Objective Two: The Fighting Rings

"Alright gentlemen, who's first to take on the outsider?"
A Sith being here was already going to be contentious enough with the other Cathar, her getting in the pits when she was a martial artist more than a swordswoman could cause even more. Especially as she fought to kill most of the time, and holding back was rarely easy once her blood got pumping.

Down below the hulking branches, the cathar men seemed happy to take in newcomers. Vulpesen Vulpesen was met with a 6 foot male, covered in tattoos across both arms, and speaking in a strange language of grunts and growls, wearing only a small loincloth to give what little modesty was required. His mane was dark brown, and his fur shined like gold.

"Ra'dah ri pya. Halo a' shar'viri. Ri uklan a' hure'u?"

In another ring, Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar found herself with a bit of a silent crowd, all the combatants silently watching as she entered the pit. The first to step forward was a smaller Cathar, a woman who was only standing at 5'3, but looked to be well toned, and built for speed rather than strength. She too was covered in the traditional Denik tattoos, some the sith could recognize as the marks of a warrior. But how could she be at such a small stature?

<<Don't see your kind around here very often. Did the Shaman let you in, or are you just looking for someone to knock you down a peg finally?>> The woman spoke a bit of a swagger to her voice, the other fighters a bit stunned at the bravado of the woman, challenging a sith.

"I came to learn more about your people, Knight Si."
"If I may, what are your responsibilities today? Are there any ways in which we could assist?"

Jonyna let out a sigh, shifting in her clothes like they didn't fit her right. "I don't take it either of you know how to tattoo, do you? I'm the clan shaman. To our people, it's one of the greatest honors. I am the one who declares those going through the tests of maturity adults, and I am the one who runs this whole ceremony. Right now, I'm on my way to meet with the elders about what this year's trunk mural is."

The cathar paused, sniffing the air and looking to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto "You'll want to take a shower soon. That stuff will have Cathar all over you if you aren't careful. That's Skuma Leaves."

"I'm...sorry. I can't really understand you. I'm Shan though. It's nice to meet you"

The girl frowned, tugging on his pants and pointing to his lightsaber.

Shan raised an eyebrow as Jonyna asked if either of them knew how to tattoo...and the Mirialan just held out his index finger...and pointed directly at his face, giving a small little smirk. "I may know...a thing or two about tattoos. I've obviously never done one for myself. Not yet at least. I haven't...proven that I deserve another one yet." The smirk faded from his face as the Padawan thought about the situation some more...before shaking his head to try and snap out of it, turning his attention towards the girl as she pointed at his saber.

"Oh you want to see my lightsaber? Okay. Just be careful, alright. It's not a toy." He lifted the saber from his belt carefully, igniting it away from everyone so the Cathar girl could see the green illumination from the saber before he switched it off. The Mirialan then fiddled with a few of the toggles on his saber before handing it over to the girl, making sure that she wouldn't be able to ignite it by accident. "There you go."

"..." - Basic
<<"...">> - Cathar
Khamesi looked at the smaller woman before laughing loud and full, and not at the girls expense.

<<"Got a pair on you girl, I'll give you that. For your information, I was invited. Sith or not, I am still Cathar, and I welcome you to try. Win or lose, you'll learn something from it.">>

Khamesi removes the loose grey cloak she wore, ever one big fo the blacks and reds of the Sith, and tossed it outside the ring. Not many scars adorned her body, by choice rather tha a lack of fighting. There was only a few she left, and each of those had...personal significance. For her part while it was clear she was built like a truck, that was in part because with as large a frame as she had, there was only so much one could do for speed. So she'd chosen power and technique, and she had trained and used a variety of forms. None were traditoinal for Cathar, but she had long ago integrated her claws into them regardless.

She wore simple clothes, clearly designed for exercise not day to day, and her knuckles showed clear sign of constant use. She was a warrior, and she carried herself as one, though she did have to remind herself that today was not a day to kill. Her opponent, if she stayed, would be smaller and faster, so it wouldn't be power that won her the day, but technique to get the right hit at the right moment. If she got her hands on the girl, it was unlikely that the girl could break from any grapple Khamesi could perform, even without enahncing herself with the Force. She carried no weapons, she'd left even her scattershot and lightsaber on her ship, and even in her eyes there was no intent to kill to be found.

<<"So if you think you have what it takes to 'knock me down a peg' come at me. I've fought everything from Lepi to Hutts to Trandoshans and even fought Dima to a draw. I know I can lose, and I have lost, I approach every battle, even against an Acolyte or Padawan as if I could lose, because all it takes is one mistake to lose the match. Sometimes one is all you need to lose the war.">>

Khamesi took a basic but balanced stance, one that favored Teräs Käsi as she herself did. She was not afraid of pain or loss, all losing did was, so long as she survived, let her learn her own flaws and where she still needed to train. Her gaze did not waver, nor did the dark side that surrounded her surge and spread out. She was still under complete control, an against fast opponents, it was often best to let them make the first move, alt their momentum in the first clash if possible. She already knew what she wanted to do for it, it just depended on what the girl would do. If everything worked as she wanted, the worst the girl would walk away with was a bruised ego, and maybe a dislocated shoulder, but plans arely survived contact with the enemy.

Domina Prime Domina Prime Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Vulpesen Vulpesen Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Asai Rayia Asai

Vulpesen looked up at the hulking brute that approached him in the ring. He had several inches on Vulpesen, and the bulging muscles made it apparent that this was not the largeness of one committed to gluttony. Still, Vulpesen had fought bigger, albeit with the use of a lightsaber. He shed off the upper portion of his cloak, revealing a body covered in a tapestry of scars. Burns, lacerations, punctures, and all other manner of injury told a story as their marks marred his skin. And on his back, a single mark could be seen, a tattoo of a black circle between two three pronged flourishes. The mark of the one sith. In truth, Vulpesen wasn't entirely certain why he never had it removed? Perhaps it taught him some lesson, or served as some reminder of what he'd been through. All he knew was that its place on his back wasn't a mark of loyalty as the emperor had thought.

"<Show me what you've got,>" He growled in response, the words rumbling as much of his throat and chest as they had his tongue. Having issued his challenge in his own native tongue, Vulpesen squared his shoulders and bladed his stance, his hands raising to display the claws that served as an additional mark that he wasn't quite human. In truth, the contest would likely mean he'd need to practice the fighting form of his planet's diplomats, which unfortunately, wasn't his specialty. Still, that didn't mean he was unpracticed. He simply preferred to strike at weak points rather than roll on the ground.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Domina Prime Domina Prime Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar

Rayia nodded sagely as Jonyna confirmed to Ko that he was in fact covered in a most intriguing scent. Rayia was equally mortified by the lack of smell professed by Ko. Scent was a vital sense. It told one about the world around them. And given that Rayia's people prided themselves on being excellent hunters, it was crucial to a crucial aspect of their culture. To be deprived of one's sense of smell was almost as if to lose a limb. Those unable to smell were unable to partake in the hunts lest they disrupt them. And Rayia knew well the consequences of that. Her shoulder burned as the familiar stinging pain coursed through the scars displayed there.

Rayia's ear twitched as Jonyna asked if she knew anything about tattoos. She supposed that Shan was right, that the boy would be best suited for the task. After all, the markings across his face seemed to match the elaborate patterns she could see on the other Cathar around them. But she would be ashamed if she did not offer to help. These markings seemed to belie the same significance as the scars on the members of her tribe. Little patterns given symbolic meaning. "How do your people scar themselves?" She asked, flexing the clawed fingers of one hand. Rayia was referring to scarification, which her tribe used to denote rites of passage and marks of discipline. "It can't be that different. I am sure I will learn quickly," she offered.

Rayia's eyes widened as she heard Jonyna admit to having a position of some authority within the tribe. "Wow, Jonyna. You possess such an honor?" She supposed that the elders would be the equivalent of the Queen and her daughters in her tribe. Those Felacatians who truly connected with their people and led them on the great hunts across the savannahs of Weik in honor of Illuna. Rayia winced mentally as a little voice needled, 'You would have had that too. But... you... ran... away.' Rayia smiled, though it was a little strained. "I suppose I should rather call you Elder Jonyna then, shouldn't I?" She asked, attempting a joke to mask her growing tension and alleviate a little of the stress piling up on her mentor.

Last edited:

Z9U36lL.png
Ko simply shook his head to his master’s question. “Nah I don’t really know anything about tattoos. I never imagined they’d do too well with my leathery skin ya know?” He replied before looking down at his hands. The padawan didn’t even have any idea what he would get a tattoo of if he wanted one.

Also Jonyna didn’t really soothe Ko’s concern over how he seemed to smell. Rapidly growing more and more self conscious. That was until the Cathar woman explained what it was. “S-Skuma Leaves?” That’s what the vendor said earlier, which Ko just thought was the cathar word for Tea. Not that it was what the actual herb might have been called.

“Ohhhh, yeah okay… W-What’s Skuma? Is it bad? Should I leave now? Am I gonna get into trouble?” He asked in quick succession. His mind racing now with worry now, not even really paying attention to Shan and Raiya. Scared that he might now be in possession of something he shouldn’t and offending all those around him with an odor he couldn’t even sense. Shan didn’t seem to even notice it either though. Or maybe he did and was just trying to be polite and not bring any attention to it. Jonyna saying that he was going to have “cathar all over” him gave the idea that he was going to be attacked now. Ko wondered if he just needed to stick close by his Master and Raiya to keep himself safe.

I'm living for the thrill of the kill, Yes It Excites Me!
Just might be the closest representation to god you might see

Pay honors like your mamma young sonna and take a right knee~

Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar | Rayia Asai Rayia Asai | @ Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Vulpesen Vulpesen | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Hey, Look! X9 Look!" A gleeful voice chimed, azure claws snatching a small, fluttering droid from the air and recklessly stuffing it against the view-port window of her ship. The droid strained, its core flaring with color as they drifted slowly into the orbit of Cathar. The surface below illuminated with colors that delighted the young xeno.

The length of that alien tail thrashed and thumped rapidly against the floor, smacking against the cockpit walls as all those alien eyes darted and twisted. Excitement swelled in her chest, the droid struggling in her grip and quipping back in agitation.

"Dima! Dima no! i can see just fine stop mushing me against the window!" X9 chirped, causing Dimas eyes to all pull from the distracting lights and fancy architecture to pull X9 away and loosen her grip on the poor droid, covered with claw marks and cuts along its steel.

"Oh, hush! Today is a special day, and this one even told her kitten about the festivities...do you think she'll come?" She cooed, leaning out of her pilots seat just to look around the grand city while her lower pair of arms remained on the control stick of the ship. "Do you think Kitten missed Dima?" She questioned, the droids central light flickering as if a bulb lit up. "Actually, don't answer, its a silly question. Of COURSE she missed Dima. This one is precious~" She cockily quipped with her droid giving the woman a cold look.

"Well today IS the day of festivities, but we're late since you can't focus! You spent WAY to much time chasing some gangster from nar shadda halfway across a system!" X9 scolded.

Dima gasped in disbelief and flailed an arm out. "HE HAD IT COMING THAT CHEATING RAT MOTHERFU-" The ship suddenly swerved off to the side which cut her off.

X9 noticing that the Xeno was probably far to distracted and giddy at the moment to be trusted with landing in such a populated and strict area. Knowing how she tended to fly, the droid linked systems with the ships auto-pilot and assumed direct control of the ship, steering her to a proper space without breaking the ship.

"Yeah yeah, ok, hold that thought." The droid cut Dima off as her tails tip began rattling in frustration from having the controls of her ship taken over and being lectured on her behavior, slumping back into her pilot seat and crossing all four of her arms across her chest in a dramatic pout.

"Uhhhhhgggg, X9 you are EMBARRASSING Dima~" She grumbled, simmering in agitation as the droid touched the ship down at the docking pays of Kestri.

"Quiet! Now look at me~" the droid demanded as Dima averted her gaze to the floor.

Dima did not, pouting expressively.

"Dimaaaaaa, look at me or i won't open the doors!"

The young xeno rolled all five of her eyes and finally locked her many optics to the tiny droids singular core.

"Good...now what are our rules of conduct? Repeat them, you know the ones~" X9 mused, wanting dima to say out loud what she was NOT going to do when off the ship.

The xeno sighed and kicked her legs in a mild tantrum as she begrudgingly spoke under her breath.

"No touching things that aren't Dimas, Don't eat things that aren't food, and uhhhhhhh." She rattled on in a bored expression.

"A scene. Don't start a scene~" X9 corrected the final rule, making Dima shrug.

"Okok WHATEVER! Can Dima go now?" Dima exclaimed.

X9 unlocked the ships doors and opened them, and before X9 could even say anything Dima was already off the ship and stepping into what looked to be a decently sized crowd of Cathar going about their business.

Unfamiliar with the festive delights around her Dima found herself completely enamored with the bright lights and the scent of delicious foods radiating in the air. Excitement was like lightning electrifying her bones as instinctive impulse elevated, those many eyes flicking back and forth over the bustling attractions.

Dima did not know many people, in fact, she could count her 'friends' all one her four hands! But that did not stop the girl from wanting to kick loose and party like a beast!

"Dima! Dima no wait!!" X9 shouted as Dimas tendrils spilled out her back. Causing many cathar who were around her to nearly topple over in surprise as the armored alien hoisted her body high above the heads of the crowd and used those tendrils to essentially just step her way over the crowd rather than being stalled navigating 'through' them and wandering around directionless.

It did not take long before she was looming bizarrely over a number of different booths that displayed all kinds of strange trinkets that sparkled and shined. Attracting The Spider like a moth to a flame as Dima immediately parted a path through the sea of bodies, her incredible height nearly toppling over several people as they quickly moved aside as to not get trampled by strange, stomping tentacles.

Her eyes were drawn to the many fancy items being sold by the countless individuals brandishing their goods. Curiously, the spider was drawn to the man with many faces. Standing unsuspectingly in the small Bazaar with a wide, toothy grin. An incredibly massive backpack strapped to his shoulders with countless items attached with rope and string. The man quickly caught the spiders gaze, grinning wide.

Instinctively Dima responded, her segmented jaws splitting slightly ajar as her teeth rattled and chittered against one another in amusement. Leaning in ever closer as the Spider examined the items on his booth before drawing her eyes to the bustling city only to notice many of them in fact were wearing their own clothing jewelry or festival things that each seemed very pretty to Dima.

"Fancy a souvenir from the festival? For a time of celebration for we Cathar~" The booth owner asked, slowly pulling down his glasses.

"Very pretty~" She cooed, gently as her five eyes scanned each possession of the booth, not knowing what most of them were but finding them interesting either way as a low purr erupted in her chest. The azure light from her scales vibrantly pulsing with color as Dima slowly began to pout. "Oh wait, But...Dima has no shinnies to trade~" She mused, her strange, bizarre accent making the salesman quirk a brow in amusement as his free hand rubbed his bare chin.

"Dima?..." The man echoed, squinting almost suspiciously and looking the towering alien up and down briefly as if he knew her. "A very sweet name darling. And ya know, i don't think that will be a problem~" He replied, slowly pulling the backpack from his shoulders and setting the thing down to open it up and dig inside. "It is my understanding Mandalorians have never been into such festivities traditionally, but sometimes, even warriors need a day of remembrance. Remembering battles won and soldiers lost, story or song your iron is strong hmm? Some stories however are told better by true warriors rather than an old jeweler like me. My grandfather was in love with a mandalorian, so i am...familiar with your people in a way~" He explained, revealing her could identify her armor and strange visor on her helm causing Dima to tilt her head curiously as he finally pulled out a small, purple box with gold inlay and engravings. "But for a sweet girl like you, its on the house. For the festivities~" He offered, opening up the box and revealing a beautiful music box in black and gold styling.

Dima's eyes flickered in awe as her ears perked forward. Looking at the box then back to the salesman and then back to the box again before smiling. "T...this is...the way? Yes?" She echoed his phrasing, the man chuckling warmly before closing the box and simply presenting it forward.

"This is the way~" He agreed, Her tail swayed in excitement as Dima took the small box and squealed in excitement, her legs fueled with energy as she began to hop back and forth between each hoof as she danced a happy dance.

"Oh happy days!! No one ever gives anything like this to Dima!" She cooed, happy to have a...'gift' as most lifeforms put it. The man laughed, lifting a hand and gesturing to the firework show near the center of the city.

"Enjoy the Festival Dima, Try not to get into trouble. If you hurry, you can probably still make it to the games! Combat trials and showmanship of physical prowess and daring! And you are a daughter of the Manda right? Any warrior worth their salt will be there~" He told the girl, resealing his backpack before giving the Spider a wave.

X9, after finally locking the ship caught up to Dima who was staring at the twisting little glass warrior inside her new box as music radiated from the strange machine. X9 looking at Dima then the salesmen she towered above via her back tendrils.

"Dima! What did you do? Where did you get that?" X9 questioned before drifting towards the salesman. "Did she take that from your booth? I'm terribly sorry about that she does not KNOW ANY BETTER" The droid spat while giving Dima a glaring look, making the Xeno flinch and lower her ears as the salesman shook his head.

"No! It is gift! music man thinks Dima is sweet and gave her a fancy song box!" She hissed, the salesman cutting in right after.

"It is customary for guest to receive a memento from cathar during such festivities~" The man mused, Dima sticking her tongues out at X9 when the stranger chimed in.

"Ha! See! It is known, Dima IS INDEED very precious~" She confidently mused, flicking her tail with sass and walking off again as X9 gave the stranger a look and sighed deeply.

"Course you did, i'm never gonna hear the end of this one~" X9 grumbled, taking the reigns and getting Dimas attention to lead her focus.
"Hey! X9! He says that there are GAMES being played by cousins and FOOD being shared!" Dima blurted out, the droid looking at Dima then the salesman. "C'mon lets go lets go before we miss it!" Dima sang childishly, bouncing away in an almost jolly-like skip as the insanely OUT of place creature made her way towards the heart of the forest where many others appeared to also be going.

The droid hesitated at first, but after seeing how insistent and excited Dima was to participate in the social events unfolding around them X9 just gave in and went along with the four armed girl.

"Alright alright, just stay close ok!"

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Khamesi took a basic but balanced stance, one that favored Teräs Käsi as she herself did. She was not afraid of pain or loss, all losing did was, so long as she survived, let her learn her own flaws and where she still needed to train. Her gaze did not waver, nor did the dark side that surrounded her surge and spread out. She was still under complete control, an against fast opponents, it was often best to let them make the first move, alt their momentum in the first clash if possible. She already knew what she wanted to do for it, it just depended on what the girl would do. If everything worked as she wanted, the worst the girl would walk away with was a bruised ego, and maybe a dislocated shoulder, but plans arely survived contact with the enemy.
"<Show me what you've got,>" He growled in response, the words rumbling as much of his throat and chest as they had his tongue. Having issued his challenge in his own native tongue, Vulpesen squared his shoulders and bladed his stance, his hands raising to display the claws that served as an additional mark that he wasn't quite human. In truth, the contest would likely mean he'd need to practice the fighting form of his planet's diplomats, which unfortunately, wasn't his specialty. Still, that didn't mean he was unpracticed. He simply preferred to strike at weak points rather than roll on the ground.
The tiny cathar took a low stance, while the male took a classic stance, digging his claws into the dirt below.

But before either pair could start fighting, a set of elders stepped into the middle of the pits, and spoke. Both wore headdresses that hid their faces, but any cathar worth their salt could tell these were elder tribal chiefs that were overseeing the processions.

<<This is traditional tribal combat. There shall be no wounds after other than bruised bodies and pride. You can use anything your body allows, whether that be the will of Force, or your own strength. No weapons shall be allowed other than what your mother has provided you. The first to knock out their opponent is the victor. If you shall break these rules, you will be exiled from our lands. Do you understand?>>

The elders looked to Vulpesen Vulpesen and Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar for confirmation they understood.

"I suppose I should rather call you Elder Jonyna then, shouldn't I?"
"Please no. I'm already struggling with being called Master Si. Elder? No. I haven't earned that title yet."

Elder Si. That was a title her father held. Being called that now? No. That felt...wrong. She couldn't take that title.

“Ohhhh, yeah okay… W-What’s Skuma? Is it bad? Should I leave now? Am I gonna get into trouble?
"No, it's just...a local drug for our people. We use it as medicine and as a relaxant. It's just....really pungent for Cathar, and-" She paused, looking off into the crowd.
Dima sang childishly, bouncing away in an almost jolly-like skip as the insanely OUT of place creature made her way towards the heart of the forest where many others appeared to also be going.
"...would you two mind following me?" She paused, looking to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond "...you three." She corrected, looking back to the crowd. "Looks like the guests have arrived."

The girl that had been talking to Shan shook her head, pointing to Shan's saber, then to Jonyna.

Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Asai Rayia Asai

Last edited:
Shan blinked slightly as the child pointed at his lightsaber and then over towards Jonyna as the Mirialan gave a confused shake of his head. "No. No. It's not her's. It's mine. I made it myself without any help. I just...well, I used to like to read a lot. I don't do that much anymore. There's too much going on for me to focus on reading." He sighed to himself at that, running a hand through his hair in frustration. It was annoying now that he thought about it. The Padawan used to love to read. It was what he did non-stop when he arrived at the temple, but the more and more he got introduced to how it was to be a jedi, the more and more it was getting difficult for him to wrap his head around. He needed to figure out how to regain focus on the path he wanted to take...Though Jonyna's words snapped him out of his thoughts as he asked her to follow him.

"Of course Knight Si." The Mirialan bowed his head towards Jonyna for a moment, before getting to wander with his fellow Jedi, brushing himself down. He needed to try and look some what presentable if there were guests. Even if he wasn't from Cathar, like Jonyna and for all he knew, Rayia, were, that didn't mean he had to give a terrible impression. He just stepped over towards Ko, since he felt like him and Ko were technically outsiders to the culture and the like.

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Deep below the massive branches, the festival was in full swing. Cathars danced to rhythmic beats, fire pits filled the air with fragrant smoke, and the buzz of excited chatter filled the night. Amongst the spectacle, Braze, the energetic Padawan, had been drawn to a ring where male Cathars tested their strength in unarmed combat. His eyes were alight with excitement, and his heart pounded with anticipation as he entered the tournament. He marveled watching others as they battled it out in good sport.

Ever since he'd been studying Echani martial arts and other combat forms, he'd been aching to put his new skills to the test. Though his Jedi Master, Jasper, had encouraged him to seek out other pursuits and focus on defensive and more protective goals, the urge to spar had proven too strong. He knew he should be enjoying the festival in other ways, but the allure of the tournament was just far too strong for the pale padawan to resist.

As the announcer called his name, Braze bounded into the ring, a playful grin spreading across his face. The crowd's energy fueled him, and he could feel the adrenaline surging through his veins. He didn't seem to mind any jeering sent his way either. He was ready for this, ready to prove himself.

But as his opponent emerged from the shadows, Braze's excitement turned to shock. A mixture of shock, embarrassment, and disbelief washed over him, and his excited grin turned into a stunned expression. He felt his heart skip a beat, and he felt his blood run cold. He felt a sense of unease settle in the pit of his stomach. Any and all color from his already pale features paled leaving him as white as a sheet.

Standing across from him was none other than Jasper, his Jedi Master.

"Oh, Frag... I'm in jeopardy, major...."
Braze muttered under his breath, his bravado crumbling. How had this happened? Of all the opponents, he had to face his Master, the very person he had hoped to slip away from. It seemed Jasper had grown rather wise to Braze's favored brand of escapades, and thought ahead.

Braze's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, his color returning as his emotions and expressions played out in full view. But he squared his shoulders, refusing to back down. He couldn't let his Master see his doubt, his fear. Swallowing his apprehension, Braze's playful teasing nature returned, and he flashed a smile.

" Fancy meeting you here..." He managed in a tone that betrayed just how anxious he felt.

Normally, Braze would be jumping at the chance to spar with Jasper, but this was different- This would take place on a rather public stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom