Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crystal Caverns | The Silver Jedi

crystal_caverns_by_cakeklis-dc8brhg.jpg
A long standing Jedi tradition was to bring younglings to the crystal caves within Jedi space for them to find their crystals that would eventually be made into their lightsabers. It was the first step from being a youngling to a padawan, and it was just as much a trial for the young as it was to the padawan that would be sent to oversee it.

For Kahlil, it was his turn. For the first time since he first joined the Jedi it was finally a chance for him to be part of the order. Start his trials to become a Knight. Despite his power in the Force, it made sense for him, an ex Sith, to still have the braid. He was idly toying with it as he stared out at the stars. The children had all gathered in the next room over, and soon he'd have to explain their trial. They were aboard an E'ron class starship, which made sense.

But for now they'll let them talk among themselves and enjoy the trip. Their trials would begin soon enough.

Calithea sat nervously in the room with several over Padawans. She sat towards the back, relatively alone as she fiddled with her thumbs. She hadn't met any of them, before, and in reality the idea of being out and on this quest for a crystal was nerve-wracking. Maybe she just wasn't really ready for all this? But, Calithea wasn't about to go back to her dads with her metaphorical tail between her tails.

She wore simple jeans and a sweater, which only made her feel out of place with the robed other younglings in the room. All she had to do was snatch a crystal, get through the day, and then she'd be well on her way back home so she could hide in her room. But despite her nervousness, it was exciting that she'd be getting a crystal.

Master Yuroic mentioned she wouldn't be using a real lightsaber for at least a year or maybe 2. Which Cali was more than content with, especially since she could practice with the practice saber anyway. But, nonetheless, she was still excited to grab the material needed to make it when the time was right.

With a sigh, she swung her legs on the chair as she waited for further instructions.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Eenia was most definitely not sitting with the padawans, she left them sitting in their little gathered room and that was that. But, the blonde wasn't sitting with Kahlil either. She was nearby of course, never far, but Nia was grumpy. From everything she had been told, everything she had seen, all of the other students she knew typically went off with their Master to get their crystal at some point. Some of her own class in fact - and she knew her sister had been ready to go off and do much the same thing.

And yet here Eenia sat, on a starship, with a bunch of younglings, sent by her Master to finally get her own crystal. Was that technically a bad thing? No. The blonde knew that these kids needed their crystals too, and everyone had the same goal in mind. However it was the fact that the whole situation made Nia feel somewhat babied. She had come a long ways in her training, and had overcome a lot to get to where she was now - especially physically! Yet here she was.

So, she was a little salty about it.

Naturally she would get over it, she never stayed salty about things long - well, nothing anyone knew about anyhow. But right in that moment, she was still pouting about it.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"], [member="Calithea Taff"]

Kahlil was nervous. I could feel it. Being an Empath allowed me to see just a sliver into how people operated. While the nervousness was not potent, it was there in a very small amount. Otherwise, it was idle. No real other emotions I could discern from the jumble that was this young Knight. It had been a long time since I had been able to do anything like this. I remember doing one such trip oh so long ago. As a child, I had found my own lightsaber crystal within a kinrath egg on Dantooine.

However, that was when the Silver Jedi had control over Voss, and had that as their home. Now that they have moved due to the impending Sith Empire, That cave was no longer there. I doubt half of what I had once considered a home was there. Instead, this group of Padawans and Apprentices will have the chance to do the same. Search and look for their crystal so that they may create a lightsaber, or even a force imbued weapon of their choice. One that will make an impact on their lives.

Mine did. Strangely enough, I carried the very Lightsaber that I found my crystal for. A yellow blade with the hilt that belonged to my father. However, the past is not what I needed to focus on. It was the present date. I found myself going back to my past, when in truth, the present time, and even the future, is what I should be worried and be looking forward too. Looking up to the younger man, I voiced myself to him.

"I hope you don't mind that I was sent along with you. I assume it was because they wanted to make sure the padawans were safe should anything come up."

[member="Calithea Taff"], [member="Eenia Vahn"], [member="Kahlil Zambrano"],

It had taken quite a bit of string pulling to come on this trip, the act of finding a saber crystal and under going trials was quite the sacred path for Jedi these days, times sure had changed since her youth. Ah, but that made it all the more interesting to document, to see how the order evolved, over came problems and adapted, just like a living organism when faced with a chance in environment. Heck that was the reasoning she put forward to the organizers of this trip, and though while such data would be quite interesting and make a nice addition to the museum the mains reason for her tag along were... private.

As the ship continued to make it's approached, the Dr's eye scanned the room once more, eyeing up the different students that would be undergoing the trial, certainly and older bunch this time around. Two were women, both in their prime, most likely Padawans finally looking to attain a saber, or at the least get the crystal, each in their early days of Jedi hood. One was a man, clearly the master leading the trip, a grey if their force signature was anything to go by, quite interesting, but not as interesting as the last person.

Among the small group, the last man, and probably the most eye catching was [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] of all people, a man whom she had met once while discovering an ancient Sith ship originating from when she was but a child. What was worth noting was during such a 'meeting' Elise had not put on the 'light side former Jedi' facard she had on right now. In that cave system the man got to feel her dark side energy, her true nature and, Sith adorned clothing a saber. It was quite the contrast to her current look, that of a weakened light sider, wearing a simple white shirt and jeans, an old green crystal powered hilt hanging from her belt. Yes quite the contrast, one she had many years to perfect, it would be interesting to see if memory of her remained in the mans mind, who could say.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Calithea Taff"] [member="Eenia Vahn"]

if they're watching anyways
Auteme was far from a Jedi. Still, when Kahlil had mentioned to her a little trip to the Crystal Caverns she jumped at the chance to get out of her little room at the temple -- she'd developed a bit of a taste for travel lately, and she hoped to meet new people on their way there.

Despite the teenager's best intentions, just being on the starship had made her nervous. Even her poorly-trained senses could pick up the power radiating off of the other people on the ship, even the other padawans outclassed her. After much deliberation she'd decided not to be scared -- but by then she could feel the vessel setting down. She stood up, testing the planet's gravity and making sure her balance was alright after all those hours of sitting. The act of standing boosted her confidence a little -- she was a little taller and older than the others. Then again, that just meant they were more accomplished at a younger age...

Her eyes wandered to another girl, who seemed rather sickly and small -- and Auteme could sense the same nervousness that had plagued her moments before coming from the other teenager. She paused for a moment, then moved over, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her red hoodie before stopping beside the girl, facing the door. "You're nervous too?"

[member="Calithea Taff"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Eenia Vahn"] [member="Elise Ike"]

On the wich of her master, Sigyn had agreed to join on this journey to find her lightsaber crystal. She wasn't especialy thrilled about it, as she still preffered to use her spear over a new lightsaber. But having the crystal couldn't hurt, at least. So after a short discussion, she had joined the group aboard the ship.

When entering the ship, Sigyn had seen mostly young jedi students going onboard. The information she had recieved had been lacking, but she understood that it was most common to take part in this journey at a young age. She felt awkward when she entered, recieving some strange looks from the younglings. But as soon as the ship took off from the ground, all the thoughts of that was blown away, as she ran to the toilet to throw up. Space travels was something she had not gotten used to yet, and probably wouldn't for some time.

When they had entered hyperspace, it eased off, and she walked out to find a place to sit. But sitting with the younger seemed... embarrasing. She had started her training only a short time ago, so they probably knew a bit more than her. Plus, she did not want to recieve those looks again.

Luckily, she found another room, where only one other girl around Sigyn's age With blond hair, sat. She hesitated for a moment, seeing the look on the other girls face, but decided to enter. She found a place to sit, on a seat next to the other girl. "Hey, everything alright? You look a bit upset. Are you not happy to be on this Journey?" She herself wasn't the best suited person to ask if someone wasn't happy to be there, but she did anyway.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] | [member="Elise Ike"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member="Eenia Vahn"] | [member="Calithea Taff"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Having another body come into the room didn't really phase Eenia all that much, if only because it was a space craft, and people were bound to be wandering about for one reason or another. What she hadn't expected however, was to be addressed, and it caused Nia to make a soft noise in her throat before she shift her attention to this other girl now in the room with her.

Right away the blonde knew that she had never met this other person before. In fact, she couldn't recall ever seeing her before at any point. Not to surprising, considering the nature of this trip, but still a little shocking regardless.

"Oh I am thrilled to be going on this journey," she answered in assurance, though her smile was a bit tight. "However, being tacked along with a bunch of younglings, and having to endure the weird looks? Not so much."

[member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Calithea fidgeted nervously in her seat. She was unable to find any comfortable position on the seat on the transporter. How much longer would it be before they arrived at the caverns anyway? It felt like they had been in the ship for eternity at this point. Although, right as she thought about it, it seemed that the ship landed on the planet. And now, it would just be waiting for [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], who was supposed to head the… Mission? Trials? Whatever it was called.

Nonetheless, she figured she’d… Somehow, enjoy it. Even if she felt completely out of ordinary here. She stood up, stretching her body from the long But, a moment later another teen came over who wore a red hoodie. It made the sweater-wearing Cali much more relaxed, in truth. Likewise, Cali felt like she had no idea what she was doing.

She gave a little nod as she placed her hands inside her jeans. “Kinda terrified, honestly,” she nearly blurted out to [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]. “I mean, yes. I feel really out of place. Have you ever done anything like this,” she asked much more quietly. Perhaps sharing a little too much, but considering she had rarely had to hold her feelings in before. Oh well.

"Haha... no, I haven't. And don't worry about it, we'll be fine." Her last comment was more reassurance to herself -- saying it to someone else just made it slightly less weird. Of course she was nervous, and of course this girl would be too. She still didn't fully know what they were going to be doing here, but surely the Jedi wouldn't give them a dangerous task to do... right?

Her hands emerged from the pockets of her hoodie and she tugged at the strings attached to the hood, her green eyes sliding away to scan the other padawans. Seemed like everyone was ready. "I'm Auteme, by the way," she said, turning back to the girl and offering a warm smile. "I'm pretty new to this whole Jedi thing, so I don't know what's going on, but... yeah."

[member="Calithea Taff"]

"Or to make sure I'm not a long game con to steal the new generation of Jedi." Kahlil chuckled to himself. Of course he wouldn't be alone in supervising the young, he hadn't earned that much trust yet. Of course, there were others that had him wary of the same thing. [member="Elise Ike"] had caught his attention early on. How could it not? A Sith Lord sneaking aboard a mission to find crystals for the young.

The only reason he kept quiet was the benefit of the doubt. Who was he, son of the Sith Emperor, to judge another who could very well be doing the same thing he was. Turning over a new leaf. For now, he'd give her the same trust the Jedi gave him.

"We're almost there though. Do you mind gathering them for me? I'm uh, still trying to figure out what I'm gonna say for the whole cryptic trial header." He laughed. Nervously. Not only was his own potential student here, but so was [member="Eenia Vahn"] . Hopefully he wouldn't give her too much for her to tease him over.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] [member="Calithea Taff"] [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Elise didn’t say much for the remainder of the trip, content with sitting to the side, calibrating some of the equipment she had brought. Still that did not mean the women was oblivious to the padawan sands their little conversation, was vein if it didn’t really turn out to be all that interesting. One this was clear though form group cheat, all of them seemed a little nervous about the coming trials, it was rather cute, then against most children were, the whole innocent and new to the world and nievety they held.

As the ship came in to land Elise rose from her seat, carry pak slung over her arm as she walked over to the younger Jedi. “Those that enter the caves in search of a crystal under go some sort of personal trail, be it over coming a fear, working on a lacking aspect or performing some other feat”. “They can be individual challengers which you alone must brave, or it could be a cooperative event that requires team work but I cannot say for certain what you younglings will find, each experience is different from one another”.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"][member="Auteme Denko-Durren"][member="Calithea Taff"][member="Eenia Vahn"]

Calithea sighed a small sigh of relief. With a small, more confident smile she gave a nod. Really, [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] confidence rubbed off on her. It was a lot less nerve-wracking when someone else, who probably was immensely more experienced than her, figured things would be fine. Calithea rocked on her heels, never able to really be still. “I hope so! I mean, it couldn’t be too dangerous or anything, right? It’s just crystals,” she said quietly with some hope escaping.

Cali gave a nod, with a big grin as Auteme introduced herself. “I’m Calithea. It’s great to meet you, Auteme. You have such a pretty name!” She exclaimed. “I am too. I… Just recently started training. You know, finally growing up some I guess.” She shrugged. Had to make her parents proud, right?

[member="Elise Ike"] appeared, informing the small group about what they may, or really may not, find within the caves. Cali’s former confidence slowly became that – former. There would be some type of challenge each of them would face within the caves? She gulped. What could that mean? She nervously fidgeted with her fingers as she pondered what exactly her experience would be. She gave Auteme a nervous look. Maybe if they stuck together, they wouldn't be in weird challenge things. Teamwork! Maybe?

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Sigyn heard by the way the other girl spoke that she really did not like being there, more than the words she used said. It was probably true that she wanted to go on the journey to find her crystal. Just not with a bunch of kids. Which Sigyn understood very well. "I know what you mean. Though I don't care all that much about the Crystal either."

The blond girl seemed to know more about the jedi and this mission than Sigyn did herself. All the fuss about getting the Crystals, and how to get them, confussed her. But maybe the other girl knew. "Um, what is all this fuss about the Crystals anyway? And I've heard that the way one gets a Crystal is a big deal, do you know anything about that?"

It was not certain the girl wanted to talk, but she'd probably say it if she did not. And a little talking while they waited for the leader to summon them would only make the time go faster. The ship had landed, so it was only to wait for Kahlil to brief them and lead them to where it would all take Place.

[member="Calithea Taff"] | [member="Elise Ike"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] | [member="Eenia Vahn"] | [member="Zephyr Priest"]

The Crystal Caves was an assignment set for Padawans when it came time for them to finally build their lightsabers. In this case, two of Josh’s Padawans would be undertaking this trial. [member="Eenia Vahn"] and [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] were an interesting case. As far as he knew, Kahlil already had a lightsaber. Was he perhaps here for a second? No, it turned out the Order had selected him to lead this one, to show the younger Padawans how it was done. Him being selected showed just how far he had come and Josh was proud of that for him. He was sure he’d keep it up.

With all of Eenia’s conflict, perhaps giving her such a dangerous weapon was a bad idea. But he couldn’t offset Jedi tradition just based on a gut feeling. He just hoped she would understand the responsibility that came with such a weapon while she overcame her own trials.

Believe it or not, Josh had come along. He had decided to oversee the proceedings. With so many force attuned crystals here, one never knew what could be attracted to them. Josh was here as a precautionary measure of his own volition, but he also wanted to see how his Padawans fared.

Of course, he was not here to upstage Kahlil. He was here to lead. Josh was just here to oversee and watch. So he hung back. He hoped at least his presence would assure everyone involved that they were safe.

Especially if someone like Elise Ike was on board. He didn’t know them, he didn’t know their intentions. But they were not a Jedi, and had no reason to be here, nor a reason to be around so many children and Padawans. And he could sense something from them that brought him at edge. His presence meant though, that if any were put in danger here, Josh would neutralize the threat. Immediately. Josh did not fool around when it came to the young.

Finley Dawson

F
It was that time again, for Padawans to descend upon Ilum for the Gathering. Long had the Knight completed this step along the Jedi path, but he always came back to help out as a chaperone and guide. He also used the opportunity to conduct periodic surveys to check on the progress of recovering ecosystems after centuries of constant strip mining.

The majority of occupants were understandably Padawans, but there was a smattering of Knights and Masters including himself. There was even a Sith Lord which was a curious development to say the least, but he didn't worry himself about it too much. He imagined if they were a credible threat then they wouldn't even be on the ship.

He hung in the back, giving all the new Padawan a chance to socialize among themselves in peace before the ceremony kicked off. However, he was getting board keeping to himself, so he tried opening up with some small talk with Master DragonsFlame who was also in the back.

"This will be my fifth ceremony. How about yourself? Did you come with an apprentice?"

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Sigyn Vanir"] [member="Calithea Taff"] [member="Elise Ike"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] [member="Eenia Vahn"] [member="Zephyr Priest"]

"Just crystals." Auteme nodded. She hadn't actually ever seen a lightsaber in person, much less a lightsaber crystal. Coming here to get her own was interesting. She wondered how she'd pick one out.

She didn't want to ditch Calithea for her own, though, and soon turned back to the girl. Auteme smiled. "Your name is really pretty, too. Great to meet you too, Calithea. And I'm sure this is nothing to be worried about -- they're just gonna challenge us, test us a little." That was to reassure herself, too -- her thoughts ran wild with what kind of challenge she'd face. Or perhaps, what they'd all face.

Her own mental musings were silenced as another person approached, explaining what this whole thing was. Trials... maybe cooperative. But her senses tugged at the back of her mind as she looked at the young woman. Weird feelings tended to come to her when she met people like this. She knew she had to focus on the task ahead, but first... "Um, hi... have you been listening to our conversation?" She raised an eyebrow at Elise. Manners.

[member="Calithea Taff"] [member="Elise Ike"]

So far her charade was holding up, not that it was very difficult to act it out, though times had changed certain things about the Jedi didn't. All she needed to do was draw on her old knowledge from her time as one and act the same way, even if that was a few thousand years ago. Still Elise kept a wary eye out, mainly on [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], though confident in her force hiding abilities just the fact she was an outsider was enough for him to be sus of her, she would need to be on her best behavior during their time on the ground with the Padawans, speaking of which.

​One of said initiates had addressed her, Elise turning attention towards the short haired girl, "ah, my apologies if I intruded upon you, just hoping to pass on a little advice before you under take your trials, I know they can be daunting and a few of you seemed nervous is all". A small bow came along with the apology, Elise stepping away from the group and towards the exit of the ship as they started to make a final approach.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] [member="Finley Dawson"] [member="Sigyn Vanir"] [member="Sigyn Vanir"] [member="Calithea Taff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom