Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cosmos: Dear John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
kvh6BiK.gif

This made me cry....@DRe

[member="Dredge"]

Eh...I still feel like there are no true WAR styled threads on here, invasions should last weeks, and and seem like days, and such have passed, but I understand thats not really that easy to do, anyways, I cried from this, now Ima go suck muh thumb...LOVE YOU DREDGE!!!

[member="Silara Vantai"]

#MissYou,NoHomo

Dredge said:
You are by nature a big game of risk between angry brooding neck beards who have hated each other with an undying passion.

Way to insult a bunch of a member base. Have fun RPing with people that you feel inclined to insult.

Dredge said:
I feel that you try to come off as this omnipotent site that can cater to all forms of Roleplaying when that's not really the case at all. I feel that you cater heavily towards factions and certain people.
You can RP however you want with whoever you want if they also want to RP the same way. That is just the facts. If people do not want to RP the same stuff that you do then you probably just aren't an interesting RPer, or people just don't like you. Given your insulting nature that is not surprising. However, of course the site heavily caters to factions. Factions are large groups of RPers and the true essence of Star Wars. Watch, read, or play star wars and ultimately the no bodies get involved in the powerful factions, become their own important force, or are background characters. In a community it is even more important because those are the sub communities that make up the biggest demographics of the site. I'd like to see you run a site this successful and not focus your attention on the big collections of RPers.

Dredge said:
I don't want to believe that you cater more towards other people than the average joe.
Of course, they have established worth and value. Some don't and get a collection of idiots behind them, but the solid long term members obviously get better treatment. They've earned it.

Dredge said:
You don't care about the little guy who has to claw his way to get an idea noticed, you don't care about the average writer who has errors or can only stretch themselves too far.

The board does care. Know why? Vets leave and they need new blood. Tons of the "elite" as you call them make writing errors. They just aren't self concious enough to care. They don't live in this world of trying to be cool, hopefully at least. They just RP and in turn get others to RP with them because they are fun. So advice to the new people. Get out there, RP, and earn better treatment. Don't expect to be a king when you're a peon. That's life. Have a job yet in life? When you do you'll understand that.

Dredge said:
I hate that about you, I hate seeing good people go unnoticed or get pushed aside in a fight to stay relevant. You don't care if member Y throws out an idea for something new, but if member X throws out the same idea you throw them a god damn parade.

Member Y typically throws out a stupid idea if we're honest. Member X who is established likely knows what a good idea is. They have also earned the trust of the community when they throw out a stupid idea. New people don't have that trust yet. They also do not know member Y's commitment to that idea. Earn it. That's what this comes down to. Earn respect.

Dredge said:
I think that roleplay should be telling a story, win or lose it's about the journey, not the destination.
It is. So shut up and RP. Caring about other people's perception is clearly what is stopping you.

Best advice. Get out of skype chats. They're dumb and not what RPing is about 99% of the time. They are the real circlejerk.

Ozamu Tzang said:
My mistrust springs from an event with Tefka on my Vulcanus account that I won't retell out of decency for him.
I read this as. "I'm gonna call you out. You're bad guy because of this reason. Everyone should think you're bad for it. But I'm not going to disclose it because people might see through my cherade." Moving on.

Ozamu Tzang said:
I'll go first, obviously. I feel as if this site is ruled by fear of the almighty hand of God
Don't be an idiot. Don't do stupid things and you have nothing to fear. Done.

Ozamu Tzang said:
Why do you think most fanbased websites don't last? Like that guy's craftshop? In general its because you don't usually have true leaders running these sites and so it causes the downfall of them. So, you are probably asking, am I blaming staff for every problem on here?
That guy's craftshop lasted for well over 10 years, seeing people leave and have their sites die repeatedly. So you're using a terrible example. For all its flaws TGC was incredible at staying alive. They did that despite a leader who was out of touch with their community. Tef is not out of touch with this community. When you get over your victim mentality you'd probably see that.

Ozamu Tzang said:
A leader is someone who can inspire, mold and shape the future no matter how small the future maybe.
Seen the admins do this. But this is a hobby first and foremost. This is not a job. They do what they can when they can.

Beowoof said:
Some people on this site have specifically said that they judge whether or not they are willing to RP with a person based on their reputation number.

I have never met a person like this. And quite frankly. I would not take them seriously if I heard that. They're a tool and I would never cater to them.

Beowoof said:
My opinion is to ignore the system altogether. People don't use it responsibly. Popularity should not equate with reputation.
If you're paying attention that closely to likes you're looking at the wrong stuff. This is how the modern internet age is. I have literally never in all my time looked at someone's likes and thought it meant something. I have never cared about my own likes (I will admit getting a kick over how many notifications I got during my duel with the comics though) and you should not either. No one should. At most they should give you a small smile before you realize how insignificant and pointless they are.

In short. Get over yourselves and RP. It is the only way you'll be slightly happy because you evidently care way too much about popularity and perceived slights than you should.

I enjoy rounding up my likes like the little liking likes they like to be. A leash for each of them, a nice stroll through the park. Catches all the attention.

I took the original post as a candid reflection on a site that the member is a part of. They are entitled to it, just as everyone else.

Ozamu Tzang said:
I feel as if this site is ruled by fear of the almighty hand of God.

You guys can hate all you want, but I'm the reason quite a few of you aren't paying homage to either this guy or some other guy that rewrote the prequel trilogy with himself as the Chosen One.

There's a metric #$%*-ton of crazy out there on the internet, and no one is forcing you to stay here. Take your pick, and don't complain when the grass isn't greener.

Reverance said:
I took the original post as a candid reflection on a site that the member is a part of. They are entitled to it, just as everyone else.

It should be viewed as a candid reflection of a member's perception of the site, not on how the site actually is. Yes they are entitled to having their thoughts, however, not all thoughts are valid and grounded in reality. His perceived slights and grievances lack perspective. He can think what he wants. But he just as much can be wrong in what he thinks. I would posit that if he would take a moment to actually think of things outside of the emotional state that he is in, without feeling slights that hardly exist and are likely brought upon by himself and not others, then he might be level headed enough to see that his reflection is off base. He clearly cares more about popularity than RP. He's mad because he's not getting treated specially. He has to earn that though. If he is not liked that's not some conspiracy against him, that's his own fault more often than not.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Oh a cherade? Okay then Selena, if you want to know here it is.

Back when I had my old laptop and I was the emperor of the original Sith Empire, I asked Tefka for a duel. Keep in mind that is all I asked him for and nothing more. He responded back that he wouldn't mind a duel and then ASKED me if I wanted to kill his character (Tefarri) during the duel. So, excitedly, I said that would be awesome and we discussed the details.

Now, for those of you with half a brain and have been here long enough, will remember when the Sith capital was moved to Korriban and the Republic invaded. Me and Tefka had our duel in this thread and that was well known. What is not so well known is that on skype he frequently asked me to "please hurry up and end the duel" because he had "other things he wished to do". Keep in mind that this duel lasted about a day or two. SO I said sure and kept moving on along trying to get to the death scene. One night, I had insomnia really bad and decided that'd I'd get on my phone and write out a reply. This reply ended up being multiple pages long and in the end I killed Tefka. The next day I get on and he goes on a rant about how I f***ed up and how I was a bad RPer because if. I was in so much shock at first that I thought he was kidding and when I realized he wasn't I apologized and said I was just trying to end the duel like he asked. I offered to edit my post, gave a suggestion on how he could bypass what I said and still he wasn't having any of it. Eventually, a half-hour later, in a spectacular abuse of power he began to delete the entire duel that (may I remind you) was in a public invasion thread.

So maybe before you open your brainwashed mouth and say i'm lying you should use your brain and get the whole story first. I wish I still had my old computer so I could dig up the old skype chat but I have shown it to multiple people before. Ask Arcis , he saw the screenshots I used to ahve and even talked to Tef about it. Aaron has seen it i'm pretty sure, Logan (Graxin). So, all mighty licker of the staff boot what do you have to say now? Notice how your god-king owner didn't even mention that part in his reply?

I have no knowledge of the incident nor do I really care. Quite frankly, I imagine you're seeing this through some "injured" glasses and are probably exaggerating some aspects of it. Tef being busy and wanting the thread done, not surprising. He does have things to do. You RPing his death is still off base. Even if he wanted that to be the ultimate outcome in his character dying, it is still his place to decide how that happens. Not you. Ultimately that is GMing. You can't get out of that. And GMing the owner's character's death... that's kind of comical and I would definitely have also said "you don goof'd now." Yes, even if he had talked about you killing his character in the thread, it is still GMing for you to do it. Sounds like you goof'd and you know what. It is entirely up to him if he wants to respect the duel at all. That's true with so many other threads. He just is uniquely able to get rid of the posts. Does not bother me one bit.

And as owner of the board if he wants to delete posts that his decision to make.

Once again. Get over it and RP.

[member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Selena Halcyon"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Ozamu Tzang"]
Okay, this is getting out of hand. This wasn't meant for people to start yelling and disrespecting one another fighting over trivial things. Grass sometimes isn't always greener but isn't it our jobs as members and staff to build something better? Good sci fi and RP is like a good relationship. It's building a better future we both want. And I think we are all caught up on ooc conflict. So please everyone just try and relax :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom