Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Conclave of Yutan: Return of the Jedi Order.

"You demand action from old men and children." Calder stepped over to [member="Arisa Yune"] , a frown plastered on his face. "The Silver Jedi stood and defended my people when Death itself came to burn them down, and for that you have my thanks. But those here now, we are not soldiers. You would thrust the young and naive into war where they would have to kill before letting them learn of true peace. You speak of Jedi who abuse their power, but is that not where the young will go when all they know is war and death? This Jedi Order will be a haven for Jedi, where they can learn of peace without being pressured to go to war." The large being would turn away from her, now focused on [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] . "We have just reclaimed this temple and are getting our bearings, let us at least begin to train the young before we send them to die in your wars."

The banter between the two master went over her head, she couldn't rally make heads or tails of what they where saying, to be honest it was more of an argument of ideology, which was not something she expected from Jedi. When [member="Calder Icehammer"] spoke his mine she could no longer stay quiet, what he said was exactly what she wanted in this order. "Knight Icehammer is right, learning war and not true peace right away might bring about the end of the Sith, but it can cause problems at home, wasn't it Revan who went after the mandalorian in the days of the old Republic, true he brought peace but at what cost, many Jedi fell to the darkside because of it and something like that could happen again. I'm not saying the SJO will end up the same but one should be given the choice if they want to go to war or not and I believe this order should value the helping of those who need it, teaching the young in the ways of the force without the pressure of the Sith and not getting involved in politics. I might only be a padawan but I should be able to have the choice on how I learn about the force, and if i want to focus keeping the peace on the home front or fighting the enemy face on". She wasn't entirely sure what she had said, it more of just came out of her mouth unexpectedly, 'i hope i didnt do anything rash' she thought.

[member="Calder Icehammer"]

Yuroic rose, grabbing his things as he prepared to leave. This meeting had gone past being productive and now those too scared to face the dangers that were present were hiding behind false dreams and ideology. Action was needed in his mind, not from all, it would be irresponsible to demand those not ready to fight to do so. But that wasn't what Arisa wanted, it wasn't what the SJO wanted, they were just seeking help from Jedi outside the SJO with the increase in the Sith threat. How was it so hard for these people to understand that. War was here now, people were suffering now, the time to wait and assess the threat had long passed.

Revan took Jedi to war against Mandalorians against the council wishes because the Republic was suffering huge losses, they were being cripple by a threat they could not conquer. We also now know that the only reason he turned to the dark side was due to the ancient Sith Empire, not the war against Mandalorians. Yuroic explained in a diplomatic tone, he had studied Revan with interest and his fallen but also change to the grey side of the Force, using both light and dark. There is a difference here as well, we know our threat. There is no secret Sith Empire pulling the strings, it is in the open and hurting people. Right at this moment people are being enslaved and killed, you want us to wait for the danger to rear its head at us. By the time the Sith come to this region it will be too late, no training will save you, they will be one army, one force. We aren't asking or demanding those not able to fight to do so, we want those willing and able to, join us. But this conclave wishes to wait until the Sith are done fighting one another and rear their ugly head at the Jedi, the Galactic Alliance, the SJO, the Iron Empire and the Commenor. If we wait they could end up killing us all. How will you feel then? Knowing you watched as your people died, knowing innocent lives suffered because it was more important to talk and assess a threat already assessed.

He wanted to spit on the floor in disgust at the inaction these people wanted, they were dooming the Jedi whether or not they accepted that fact. Turning to Arisa, he bowed his head. Master, I shall be outside if you wish to say anything more. His voice calm and respectful to her as he moved away and stepped outside the temple.

[member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"]

"Perhaps," The large bear began, looking to [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] , "We are all speaking of the same thing, and fighting over something we all agree upon. Do not misunderstand, we are not waiting for the Sith to rear their ugly head. We know it is there, and we will help. But this temple will not be a fortress of war. Instead of so passionately trying to dismantle our efforts pause and ask yourself, what is wrong with a safe haven for Jedi to learn? Some of us here already have joined the fight, and that's probably where the misunderstanding came from. We will fight with you."

Calder would sit back down, a sigh escaping his lips. "Let us move on from this misunderstanding. All we want is to create a place for Jedi, young and old, to learn in peace. Not war. So please, calm yourself. If you want to leave, feel free. We will continue to speak on how to make this place a place of learning, and you are always welcome."

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"Uh," Thom glanced between everyone present as they went back and forth, more certain than ever that this fragmented Jedi Order was far from the one he had heard about. There would be much rebuilding to do, and before that, he would have to formally request to join the order. If they even had a use for someone who was already his age.

"Excuse me," he raised his voice slightly, "excuse me!"

Everyone was so busy quarreling, bickering, and ultimately derailing what Master Arenais was getting at over semantics that he wondered if these Silver Jedi wanted to be allies, or just push an agenda. It wasn't his call to make, but he would have banked on the latter.

"So, I'm not really a Jedi," Thom stated up front, "not yet, but I have had it in my mind to be for a long time. What I'm seeing right now, this isn't exactly the Jedi Order I've heard stories about, and it's definitely not the same, strong Jedi Order that once helped maintain peace throughout the galaxy."

He sunk his head slightly, knowing that all the eyes would fall on him the instant he gave his opinion. Most people would write him off the moment he'd said he wasn't a Jedi. Others would think him out of line. He didn't care- they needed to know how they sounded, objectively. Was this really the message they wanted to send?

"For a bit there, I was starting to think I was in the wrong place," he admitted with a slight chuckle. "Militarization, taking the fight to the Sith-" his eyes flashed to Arisa Yune, the self-proclaimed Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi. He was not as impressed as she probably would have liked. "-with respect, isn't conflict exactly what the Sith want? Aren't these open wars and widespread chaos just playing into their galactic games?" He looked back to [member="Veiere Arenais"] now and gestured toward the Master. "The man has offered aid in what capacity he believes is right, and I feel like that's more than generous of him. He could just as easily refused anything at all."

Thom sighed. "I'm Thom, by the way," he greeted as he ducked Master Arenais' gaze. "Thom Arden."

Soryn listened to the back and forth for a few moments before Veiere asked for introductions.

"My name is Soryn Solimar a Padawan of the Order of Relentless Light. If you wish to know more about the Order then I will be glad to answer questions after the Conclave has concluded."

Soryn moved around the room some first stopping in front of Arisa Yune and looking at her but clearly speaking to the entire group.

"Knowledge and training is a wonderful thing. One that there is a great need for. I do however wonder what the point of knowledge and training if it is not put to use for the betterment of all."

Soryn moved on stopping in front of Calder Icehammer.

"Women and children are already dying and while it is good............and even recommended to train before sending Jedi out there is no substitute for experiencing the unfiltered truth of practical application. If you have anyone in this room or otherwise you wish to protect from the truth of the state of the Galaxy then do so. I will go in their stead."

Soryn moved on stopping in front of Veiere himself.

"It is true all life is sacred..........as it should be. However eventually everyone has to take a side. Everyone has to make a decision. Fight them in their home or own yours."

Soryn paused.

"There is nothing wrong with not wanting to seek out conflict. It will find you in the end. The question you have ask yourself is do you really want to watch the people of Yutan die just so you can sit on a high horse and preach about tolerance and understanding. Sure it is possible some can be redeemed. Those are not the ones that worry me and I am willing to bet they are not the ones that worry the representative from the Silver Jedi. What worry me are the ones that can't be redeemed. The ones that would murder and entire planet just to prove they are superior. Just to prove your ideals wrong."

Soryn turned away from Veiere making his way back to his original spot.

"Today and in this room you establish a legacy. What will that legacy be? A legacy of defeatism or a legacy triumph........the Jedi who finally brought peace and Justice back to the Galaxy. Either way before we die each and everyone of us will have blood on our hands. The question is who's blood? The blood of the innocents we could have saved but looked the other way? Or the blood of tyrants and murders who only wanted to watch the Galaxy burn."

Soryn paused.

"For me right or wrong I choose option B."

[member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Asheda Tyr"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Cambria Zadira"] [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Thom Arden"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Veiere Arenais listened to them all, some agreeing and supporting his views while others wanting more emphasis on taking the fight to the practitioners of the Darkside. Frustrated that his agreement to help seemed to have been completely lost and that they were now being accused of inaction in the face of adversity, he let loose a slow paced breath through his nose, his gaze falling to the floor in the moment to seek to find his center, to remind himself that such difficulties were to be expected. He had said it once already, the difference of opinions between Jedi were what had led them astray from one another, the inability to simply agree to disagree yet continue to support one another and co-operate, he had seen it at the last Conclave and was again being reminded of it here now within this one.

Somewhere along the way the purpose of this Conclave had been forgotten, yet not lost on them. The Temple of Yutan and the Jedi Order here would continue forward, not dictating the decisions nor ideologies that others wished to follow in, it was not meant to be the driving force behind what all Jedi should aspire to become in the Galaxy, Veiere certainly wasn't so annexed as to believe he had all the answers and what sat right with him didn't mean to say that everyone else was forced to agree with it. This place, the people here were to become a beacon of the Force, a place to welcome those who wished to visit and learn, to experience what it meant to be Jedi encompassing a wider view of all perspectives, not simply his, not restricted to solely the perspective of individuals but requiring an open mind and the will to be accepting of all peoples. Right or wrong often came down to a difference of opinion in the galaxy, justification could change depending on the side of which people aligned themselves and war was no different, both sides justified their actions somehow by fighting for their 'right'. Veiere sought not a place of difference for the Jedi here, but of enlightenment within the Force and from this, a place of harmony.

"The Jedi Order will not turn away from the people who are in need of us, this I have said. Nor will we judge those who disagree with our views as that difference and refusal to accept the views of others has been a crippling aspect of what's kept all Jedi from coming to co-ordinate with one another across the Galaxy. Those who seek to be pro-active in the fight against the Dark Side may do so while those who choose to focus on the needs of society will be strongly encouraged here as it is the path of all Jedi to preserve life. The Order upon Yutan will continue to move forward, to serve as a hub for all Jedi to live and learn the ways of the Force within the teachings and principles of the Jedi way. This arguing amongst ourselves must cease if we are to embrace the path of the Jedi set before us. Remember why it is that you have chosen the life of the Order for yourself, whatever your differences I doubt it was to be in-fighting and dismissing the views of your peers that led you down this road".

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]​

[member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Veera groaned. Folks always wanted to make it about themselves. About their beliefs. About their faction and got haughty when other folks declined to follow their own domgatic code. Part of the reason she had fled perhaps to the Order. She was a warrior yes, but not a soldier.

"I agree Master Arenais. Let us move forwards with the discussion of what we want, our, Order to be. I myself believe that Jedi are not Soldiers and we must guard against becoming so. The downfall of the Republic was because of just such a thing. The alliance Jedi are splintered and jaded. I know not of the Silvers, but I know I grew tired of the constant war hawk mentality."

She paused, straightening her cloak over her red and white striped blouse.

"Let's return to our roots. I mean deep to our roots. Back to the code, back to being Balancers of the Force, and Guardians of those who need it most. It is my personal wish to see an Order where upholding peace is the highest ideal. Where teaching and enriching the lives of the younger generation is a highest ideal.

Where we have trust.

Where we have cooperation.

Where we are the shepherds, rather than the lions or the hawks."

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] |

Yutan, where it had begun. Five, long years had passed since the end of the One Sith wars. It had ended in Ella Nova's beloved Republic's defeat, and victory for the heretical One Sith. Before the war had ended, on the back of the Republic's defeat at Balmorra, Ella had left the encampment led by [member="Mantic Dorn"] on Yutan to head deep into Sith space, accompanied only by her Lightsaber, Arsix and the Force. She had left Yutan in search of a much needed victory for a maligned and demoralized army consisting of broken soldiers and Jedi who had been at war for too long.

It had been Ella's objective to find a man that the Jedi had been fighting for neigh on a decade, since the formation of the Old Sith Empire out near the Sith Worlds. Kaine Zambrano, former Emperor and renegade Dark Lord of the Sith, had taken upon a new moniker since the end of the old Empire, becoming Darth Vornskr; and as he had done in the late 830s and early 840s, he had cut a path of destruction across the Galaxy in the name of an elusive and powerful Dark Lord, who was responsible for the Sacking of Coruscant in 844. If Ella was victorious, she would have finally ended Vornskr's tyranny across the Galaxy and brought to justice one of the One Sith's most powerful Sith Lords, perhaps returning some of the morale that had been last in the wake of countless defeats at the hands of the Imperial war machine.

But Ella had been defeated. The Force had not been with her, and as such, she had existed at the whim of the Sith Lord until... Well, that was another story, for another time. Five years on wards, upon the world that she had left for all the wrong reasons, Ella Nova had returned to find out what had happened to her former friends and allies in the Galactic Republic. Was [member="Mantic Dorn"] still alive, and if so, where was he? What of the other Jedi? She did not know where to begin her journey back to the Jedi Order other than Yutan, the last place she had known of to house the Jedi.

The Jedi Knight wore a black tunic and black, colorless pants from which her Lightsaber hung from a clip on her lip hand side. Behind her the Initium's shuttle bay doors closed and landing ramps retracted. Turning her back to the shuttle, Ella begun to make her way to where Jedi Master Veiere Arenais had called his meeting.

~
Ella entered the hall just as Karren Trask had finished her speech. She had heard most of it- the important parts anyway- and so as she came to a stop, she allowed herself to settle down and wait to be greeted. She had never met any of the Jedi in the room. No Mantic Dorn, no Sochi Ru, no Corvus Raaf or Carn Dista to greet. All, to her knowledge, lost in the wake of this era's greatest war. Instead of jumping into the situation, as she had done with Vornskr, Ella would be quiet and observant. Only spoken when spoken to. She was much wiser now.

Cambria stood to the side of the room serenely, well as much as one could on the hard stone floor for any length of time, with her hands clasped within the overly long and wide sleeves of her bronze-colored cloak listening attentively to those that were voicing their opinions. There were differences and agreements on the who, what, why and how of things especially now with the galaxy in such chaos... but really when wasn't it. The whole precipice of the Jedi and their code, their overall mission was complicated to say the least. People across a wide spectrum viewed the way of the Force and its uses in different lights. It was what it was. Could there ever be a balance? It was something to hope for and work towards, but a difficult task at that.

The main reason Master [member="Veiere Arenais"] had called this conclave of Jedi on Yutan was to discuss finding a middle ground between them all so they could become stronger as one, but it seemed that some were very set on their beliefs and the path they should take. It almost felt like if you weren't with them, then you were against them... and therefore seen as bad or cowardly. But maybe the Guardian was reading too much into just the words delivered. Without the context or knowing the heartfelt intent or true motivation, that is all they were. Cambria could not judge and would not without such.

"I am Cambria Zadira and I thank you all for speaking your hearts and minds this day," the blue-skinned Jedi Knight began with her thick Twi'lek accent prominent while golden eyes full of empathy gazed around the room at those gathered, hoping to instill some calm as tension filled the air within the hall.

"There are no right or wrong answers here. At the end of the day we are all Jedi. We must learn to agree to disagree when differences are great and compromise when we can. The Force flows through and around each and every one of us the same, we only need to embrace the warmth of the light to see that. I hope that in time all the Jedi will be able to work side by side as needed. Let us consider what has been offered today, and meditate further on it before decisions are made in aspects of how to come together for the greater good," she looked over to [member="Arisa Yune"] momentarily, still awe struck by the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi's odd choice of attire as if going to root for her team at a limmie match. That was not meant as a dig towards her merely just an amused observation, then gold-speckled hazel orbs returned back to the group as a whole and the business at hand.

"My hope is for the Jedi Order on Yutan to be open to all that wish to study and train in the Light side of the Force in a more traditional manner. I see us as peacekeepers, negotiators, and humanitarians at heart. Though if a call to defend those who cannot is heard or those of our brethren, the Jedi of this Order will always heed it," Bri finished with a cant of her head and a respectful twitch of her lekku ending her soft spoken speech.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Ella Nova"]

Yutan, a world in which Aarshlût had never visited, it was one of the ancient worlds of the Jedi if his studies into the Jedaii Heresy which had vastly expanded over the centuries was correct. This was the world where Aarshlût would start his journey. Where he would hopefully find a kinship among those present. Where he could follow his patrons wishes and become a Jedi. As he landed the slayer ship he’d been able to get his hands on Aarshlût whispered. On his command, the canopy of the starfighter peeled back allowing the air to assault Aarshlût’s nose. Smelling it Aarshlût took in the scent of his surroundings as the sun above fell on his gray skin bathing him in its glow. “I have arrived Yun-Zhaetor-zhae, may your will be done.”

Stepping out of the vessel Aarshlût inspected his robes, he hadn’t deemed it proper to wear full on Voduun Skerr Kyrric armor, if he had every jedi in the building would probably draw their sabers and ask questions later. Instead Aarshlût had settled for a simple robeskin fashioned in much the same way as the traditional jedi robes, even the hood was raised to hide his appearance from what onlookers there could be. Taking his first few steps away from the vessel Aarshlût was stopped when a faint hissing called out to him. “No, my friend, I’d never forget you.” Smiling and extending an arm to the cockpit of the vessel Aarshlût felt the cold scales of his Hydrastaff as it twisted and coiled its way up his arm.

All five heads of the creature swung to its master hissing causing the Vong to chuckle. “Yessss, I know you’re anxioussssSssso am I.” Lowering his arm to his belt Aarshlût allowed the creature to move wrapping itself around his waist. Petting the creatures head Aarshlût made his way into the entrance and soon the hall in which the meeting took place. The entire time his head was bowed low to shield his appearance from those that would pass. All except the glowing orange orbs that were his eyes. In truth, a biot but that was another story entirely. Standing outside the door hands pressed against it Aarshlût listened preparing himself. Taking a deep breath his chest rose before falling. The man who could run into battle without an ounce of fear now stood outside a chambers hall nervous of facing his peers. What would they think? How would they treat him? The Tales of the Jedi said they’d be kind, welcoming, but from what he heard on the other side of the door it was anything but. “Be with me Yun-Zhaetor-zhae.”

Pushing on the doors Aarshlût entered the room, a hand raised to his hood pulling it down to reveal himself to those in the hall. “Thissss one agreesss with the Twi’lek. The Jedaii are meant to be defenders, they act when necessary, they aid all walkssss of life. Even my own. Whatever would Yun-Yammka think of the division among the jedi of this day.” Stopping and reflecting on his words Aarshlût had to remember that they didn’t see the jedi of the past as he did. As their true forms. As the deities, they were. “I mean Luke Ssskywalker.” Having said his piece Aarshlût moved to stand in a corner of the room his back facing the wall. The Hydrastaff on his waste hissed at those attending, but with a few petting motions and a few whispers, the creature calmed itself.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Ella Nova"]

Arisa reached out and tapped Yuroic on the shoulder to stop speaking. Not because she disagreed with what he was saying, but because he was wasting his time. The aloofness and cowardice on display were enough to make her stomach turn. Their collective responses didn't even warrant a serious retort. It was clear to her in that moment that they cared less about helping others than being comfortable temple rats within the relative safety of the CSA, the GA right next door. It was the SSC all over again, just with a different paint job.

"I've seen enough," she told her apprentice. "Let's go."

She pulled back from Yuroic, picked up her things, and began heading out of the door. Already, the group had moved onto other topics like she and Yuroic hadn't even been there.

Outside, she gave the temple one last look, then continued on for the hangar. Hopefully, this would be the last time she would ever have to step foot on Yutan. There was nothing left for her here but bad memories.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Dane Teraan"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Veiere had come to the Jedi of the Republic during the later days towards its decline and while having heard of [member="Mantic Dorn"], he had regretfully not had the chance to meet either the Jedi Master nor [member="Ella Nova"] to his recollections; with her presence entering into the Conclave however, accompanying with it was the presence of the Force dense and surrounding her almost visibly in comparison to the others. A testament to her past experience and learnings of which Veiere could not ignore whilst standing before the others. He would not make a spectacle of her arrival though did bow his head in greeting and welcome to the woman before turning to glance back upon the others.

Master Yune had chosen to leave and this turn of events disappointed Veiere, yet she had made up her mind. He had agreed to offer them assistance as she had asked for and yet not satisfied that they had not given the her priority over the rest of the Galaxy, she had voiced he wish not to partake in further talks and thus turned what could have been a fruitful relationship between their Orders built up upon their mutual experiences of the past, somehow she had taken insult from their difference of ideologies and priorities; it had brought negative weight to the conclave and the attitude had been noticed by all. Watching her leave, Veiere dipped his gaze to the floor in silent thought, acknowledging her decision and turning back to focus on the others intent on improving the stance of the Order there, not creating further problems for it.

With those that had remained, another presence entered into the Temple. [member="Aarshlût Muyel"] of whom Veiere turned to gauge with a studious glance, a look of intrigue in his eye. It would seem that his announcement of the Conclave had brought fourth all types and he was humbled by the response he had received thus far. "Greetings to you who have just joined us now, please feel free to come closer, introduce yourselves if you'd like" He spoke to the pair, both the Vong and the former Republican Jedi Master; "I am Veiere Arenais" He introduced himself to them before explaining, "This meeting was called in order to call fourth support for the restoration of the Jedi Order here on Yutan. Will you be joining us?" He smiled warily, the strain of the former discussion still on the back of his mind though he would give his frustrations the due credit later on in the privacy of his meditation.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Ella Nova"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"]​

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | @Yuroic Xeriac | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"] |

Leaning her left shoulder up against one of the pillars, Ella folded her right left leg over the right and watched with her arms crossed. Her somber gaze watched as Arisa Yune stood up to her feet, after a brief exchange with her Padawan learner, and begun to make her way out of the chambers. She recalled seeing Arisa during her own Padawan days, back when she had been the Padawan learner to [member="Carn Dista"]. Although they hadn't spoken back then, Ella was pleased to see that someone from her childhood days had survived the One Sith wars. She did not acknowledge the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, however. There would be another time for that.

As Arisa left, Ella looked over her shoulder to see a Yuuzhan Vong enter the chambers. Reaching out with the Force, the Jedi determined that this one was not an enemy. Ironic, she thought to herself, recalling the legions of aliens that had served the One Sith. The Yuuzhan Vong had been instrumental in the Sith's war effort, tearing through the armies of the Galactic Republic like a hot knife to Nerf butter. To this day, Ella had wondered how the elusive, mysterious Dark Lord of the Sith- who had subjugated so many powerful, strong Sith Lords to his Order- had managed to subjugate the Yuuzhan Vong as well. This was a species, who had after all, rejected everything that the Sith believed in. The Force, technology, Imperialism- these things were what the Yuuzhan Vong hated, perceiving them to be blights on the natural way of things.

As Aarshlût made his way around the hall, calming the Amphistaff that had coiled itself around his arm, Ella leaned off the pillar she had been leaning upon and stood up to her full height as Veiere greeted her and the Yuuzhan Vong. Hanging from around the Jedi Knight's shoulders was a shoulder bag, battered and torn after decades of wear and tear. Lowering her right hang onto the bag, Ella begun to make her way forwards towards the Jedi Master whilst the other Jedi in the room watched on.

"Hello Master Arenais. Although we have never met before, I am hopeful you-" Ella gestured with her left hand to the other Jedi watching, "-Will be able to help me with something that I discovered during my exile from the Jedi Order." Coming to a stop near Veiere, Ella nodded to him and turned so that she was speaking to the other Jedi sat around her. "A long time ago I once lived in this temple whilst it was under the guidance of Jedi Master Mantic Dorn. This was during the last days of the Old Republic, when the One Sith were at their most powerful. We had lost so many battles together. Our soldiers were demoralized, and broken. Senators were sat bickering over who would be what in a failing and ailing Republic. For every world the One Sith took, the Republic would retreat to another world, and another world, bringing the Imperials and Sith Lords to the doorstep of people who had not been apart of the war, whilst the leaders of the Republic tried desperately to keep their ideas alive."

"I left Yutan to find a Dark Lord of the Sith called Darth Vornskr. I found him, and engaged him in a Lightsaber duel..." Ella averted her gaze to the floor, reliving the Lightsaber fight, hearing the clash of blue plasma on crimson red and the terrifying shrieks of Darth Vornskr as he brought the full weight of the dark side upon her. "I lost the duel. What followed was five years of investigation, as it were. I found myself in strange places, I met strange people, but I do have something to show for it."

Lowering her hands into the bag, Ella wrapped both of them around the ruby red, fist sized Pyramids that were resting inside. As Master Aranais and the other Jedi watched on, Ella pulled out Darth Revan's Sith Holocron and the Holocron of Heresies. Setting them down at the feet of the Jedi Master, Ella stood back up and folded her arms behind her back. "I want your help in destroying them."

Aarshlût was more than content to stay in his corner but knew that he had made himself known the moment he’d chosen to speak and enter the chamber. Eyes darting around to all the other jedi in attendance Aarshlût didn’t see any reaching for their weapons nor did any have looks of disgust of having a Yuuzhan Vong amongst their ranks. Not what he’d expected, especially not with the bad name his people had been given during the One Sith’s rampage of the galaxy and some of their participation in the acts of Sith like Vulcanus, and Dredge. Not wishing to appear like a rebel to authority or the jedi themselves Aarshlût stepped forward accepting Master Veiere’s offer.

“It isss a pleasure to meet you Master Veiere. I have heard much about you.” Bowing his head in a sign of respect Aarshlût came back up eyeing the master. The Yuuzhan Vong weren’t the types to show emotion on their faces the same as humans but years of learning how to tell ones mood simply from the eye sacs that his species carried allowed him to better notice the emotions of humans. With this Aarshlût looked at the master and could tell something was bothering him. Was it possibly the Yuuzhan Vongs presence? Had he made some mistake in believing he was welcome? Dismissing the thought Aarshlût continued. “I am Aarshlût, Priest of Yun-Zhaetor-zhae, or in your tongue Ganner Rhysode. I come to aid in the restoration of the jedi and participate in the fight against those who once used my people as slavesss, as toolsss and cannon fodder. Yet it is not war or battle that brought me here on this day as there is a time for battle as much as a time for peace and learning.”

Looking over to the other Jedi, who had yet to introduce herself but instead began telling her story Aarshlût drew on his memory and years of experience. Of course, the Vong had heard of Darth Vornskr, who hadn’t? His acts of depravity, obsession with power, and other traits too numerous to be listed had been the tales of legend among other sith and nightmares for those who stood against him. Aarshlût deemed most of it to have been over exaggeration but not even he could doubt the Sith’s strength in the force and the symbol he was to many of that order. Yet what Aarshlût hadn’t been expecting was the two pyramidal shaped objects she drew from within her bag. Nearly gasping Aarshlût took a step back. He’d seen far too many of those during his time apart of the One Sith. Holocrons, even the Jedaii heresy spoke of them.

Sensing the malevolent and dark aura that was seeped into the holocrons Aarshlût shook his head. Asss much as thisss one despisesss the Sssith, their teachingsss and culture as a whole we cannot ssssimply destroy those. To do so would be paramount of welcoming eminent destruction. Instead they should be hidden away.”

Aarshlût knew that if he offered to take them that he would immediately be called into question, but to simply up and destroy two holocrons significant to the Sith would surely bring them instantly down on the Jedi. A fight which from the looks of it, they were not yet ready for. “There isss a world called Myrkr, correct? We can hide them there, not only that but we can insert them into the belly of a Voxyn for protection. I’d be willing to even sssupply some of my people to watch over the beast. Yet to destroy them…” Looking to the Master and around to the other jedi Aarshlût hoped that they would see what he was saying. “Not even the ancientsss destroyed the holocronsss of the sith.”

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Ella Nova"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"]

Soryn looked as [member="Arisa Yune"] slipped out of the meeting with [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] in tow. Soryn quietly slipped out behind them waiting for a brief moment to ensure they were far enough away from the Temple before he called out to Arisa.

"Not exactly the Conclave you were expecting I take it?"

Soryn waited only a minute assuming Arisa would at least paused in her steps before continuing to speak.

"I must apologize. I knew exactly what the topic was going to be before I arrived. I have been trying to get an audience with all of the prominent Orders in the Galaxy but Commenor was the only one to respond to my requests. I came simply to get the point of view of the other orders that showed up to this Conclave."

Soryn would stop walking giving Arisa the chance to either keep moving or stop and respond to his statements.

Among them, those holding the position of Knight were few and the hierarchy of the Jedi Order of Yutan had yet to truly be established. Veiere had not yet found the Jedi that held the experience and aptitude to reside upon a leading body for what would later become the Jedi High Council and thus such a decision being presented to them by [member="Ella Nova"] with a weight of responsibility that would ultimately fall between the two. Remaining silent and observing of the Jedi Master who presented such immensely dark Holocron before their Conclave, his head lifted a little and his expression ran stoic, choosing not to show his concern for the Sith Artifacts before the face of his students and future Jedi. To his notice, it would seem that [member="Aarshlût Muyel"] too recognized the significance of this holocron and in his voice of caution Veiere found himself weighing the possible consequences. For every action there was a ripple effect within the force, every decision whether morale or otherwise spread out to the people around you, affecting their lives and often bringing back consequences that portrayed the nature of ones choices. Here, offered before them was the choice to rid the Sith of two sources of great power and knowledge within the darkside ideologies of the Sith Empire. To see them destroyed would deal a significant blow to the followers of the Sith, yet to hold them and secure them away from all, was for one, not his decision to make as they were in the possession of this Master Ella Nova, yet two failed to ensure the fact that these artifacts could escape the clutches of those that would use them for injustice against the denizens of the galaxy.

"I will admit that this is a most unexpected surprise..." He finally chose to respond, his voice calm and chosen somewhat carefully to remain neutral for the time, still wishing to hear the opinions of his fellow Jedi yet feeling as though there were only really one real course of action to take up as was his duty as a Jedi; "I'm afraid the Jedi Order has still yet to truly recover from the affect the One Sith had towards the worlds of the Galactic Republic, as you can see our numbers are little of what they once were and to my regret, Master [member="Mantic Dorn"] had been gone for a time since before my reentry into service back then. I know not of his whereabouts today which is a great shame as I'm certain the Order could greatly benefit from his experience also...". Turning the course of the subject back upon the holocron that she held in her possession, Veiere left a moment of quiet so that he might consider adequately his response, "There's a great deal of potential harm that these holocron could bring upon others had they to fall into the wrong hands if they are what you say they are; from the feeling I am getting being as close to them as we are, I'm inclined to agree with you...-There is however the opportunity to lock them away within the Archive vault here for such sensitive relics. The choice will ultimately be in your hands..." He spoke directly to Ella Nova still, ensuring that she recognize he was not presuming to take these items away from her without her consent to do so; "If dismantling them is your choice...-I will agree to helping you for the possible consequences that indecision here might bring otherwise. Know however that we can offer an alternative, a place where they can be secure as long as Jedi remain within this Temple".

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Ella Nova"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"]​

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"] |

Ella first listened to the Yuuzhan Vong, then she listened to Veiere. The beast within her smiled, enjoying the delicate and subtle manipulations she had wrought upon the Padawan, Jedi Master and the other Jedi watching on. Ella betrayed no hint of lying, however. She had been well trained. Meeting Veiere's gaze, Ella nodded and said: "I apologise, Master. I am yet to introduce myself. I am Ella Nova. It is just..." Lowering her gaze to the two Sith Holocrons, Ella said: "I have been safe guarding these for a long time, keeping them hidden from the Sith. I have already tried to destroy them, but I can only deduce that there is some ancient Sith magic that prevents their destruction. It is why I have brought them to you, and the other Jedi here, so I can seek guidance on what must be done."

Ella lifted her gaze back up to Veiere. "If you advise that they be kept hidden somewhere, then it cannot be Yutan. I do not know of this Commenor government you speak of, Master, but it is not right that we hold what is effectively two weapons of the Sith under their nose, and invite the possible wrath of the Sith Lords that are looking for them. If they are to be taken and guarded, then it should be somewhere more secure..."

"...perhaps the Jedi Temple on Coruscant?"

Veiere's gaze again shifted in a moment of consideration, the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance were far more equipped to deal with such a threat should one ever come from the possession of these two holocron it was true. Given the direction in which the conclave had taken, the very early days of the Jedi Order's foundation here on Yutan and the consistent hindrance from outside parties since their arriving upon the world, it seemed justified to find himself in agreement with the involvement of the Alliance. "Unfortunately you are correct, Master Nova" he soon responded to [member="Ella Nova"], "The Galactic Alliance have both the numbers and the foundations to offer you the appropriate measures in keeping these holocron secure". As far as the matter of destroying such relics went, Veiere was extremely gifted now in the practice of Force light and he could potentially nullify their darkside aura though it was difficult to say whether or not this would only be temporary as these holocron were immensely embedded within darkness and corruption that came with Sith Alchemy and their dark arts. "Perhaps this is the most advisable course of action..." He concluded, soon turning his attention to the rest of the temple, "It would be prudent to consider the risks to my students here and as you say, I'd wish no harm be brought upon them if it is within our hands. We can speak further on this in private following the Conclave.." Veiere concluded warily, wishing not to introduce the less experienced among them to deep into the artifacts of the Sith and the potential lure of the Darkside.

"I would like to move things back on topic for what this Conclave was originally called for however. The Jedi Order that we are to represent requires leadership by experience and integrity. As time passes on, I will be seeking to bring into the fold a Jedi Council for which as it was in the times of our tradition, will reside over the direction of the Order based upon mutual decision and majority consensus. Until we are joined by this Council, for the foreseeable future I will do all that is within my ability to train all of those who wish to seek enlightenment within the Force and the Jedi Path..." the position of Grandmaster was not one he had ever really held much a desire to hold, even long ago during the first conclave when those of the Republic had voiced their wish for him to take up such a mantle, he had voiced his concern around this and thus led them into further discourse, a mistake then that he was not prepared to make again. With their momentum moving back on track, he was determined to steer them down the path of peace in the light of the force. "As such I will be leading Classes in the immediate future, group lessons of which all will be welcome. Those who are trained will be encouraged to take on students of their own as I will eventually look to do so myself while offering my experience to you all. During these lessons, you will all experience the Force and what it means to be Jedi in your own ways, do not be discouraged if they differ from your peers, your experience will shape you all as individuals and we will work together as friends and fellow Jedi to pursue a course of restraint and honorable practice as we move forward...".

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Ella Nova"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"]​

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Thom Arden"] | [member="Soryn Solimar"] | [member="Aarshlût Muyel"] |

Ella nodded. "This is a decision that cannot be made just by us. Although our Order has suffered several schisms over the past decade since the advent of the Chaos era, I believe by involving other leaders across the entire Jedi Order would pave the way for further communication and unity. Ironic that two objects so potent with the dark side could serve as a means to further relations between the Jedi."

Kneeling down to the ground, Ella scooped up both of the Sith Holocrons and returned them into the satchel. I already possess the knowledge left behind by Revan and Andeddu. I do not need these Holocrons. But they can still be of use to me, if I can position them correctly. Like gravity, power is an attractive force for all those who follow the dark side; and who better to act as the object preventing such aspiring Sith then the Jedi? Everything has gone to plan so far...

After taking the Holocrons back into her possessions, Ella turned and walked back to the pillar to listen, and observe. She had achieved what she had planned to do here on Yutan, but the formation of a new sect of Jedi was interesting, if not predictable. As she stood there, listening to Veiere Arenais speak, she couldn't help but allow the shadow of a smile to creep across her features at the irony of it all. Seventy eight of us there has been, spanning almost three millennia... All to get me to this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom