Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied The Bryn'adul | Quilxyn Rescript

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide a variant of the Quilxyn which will serve to disrupt teleportation in a broad area around it, thus securing defenses against a threat the Bryn'adul has faced on multiple occasions.
  • Image Credit:
  • Role: Stationary Base Defense
  • Permissions: Meta Permission
  • Links: Teleport | Quilxyn
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Quilxyn Rescript
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adul
  • Classification: Field Generator
  • Description: A stationary mutant variant of the Quilxyn, this creature performs a vital work, measuring the gradual degradation of the universe around it, and stamping out any attempts at exceptionally rapid entropy by means of particle stabilization at the edges of its invisible energy field. This variant of the Quilxyn is notably very squishy and lacking in any offensive or defensive capability.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size:Small
  • Unit Availability: Rare
  • Unit Experience: Trained
  • Equipment: N/A
  • Combat Function: To provide a stabilized energy field around a vast distance of up to fifty miles. Within this field, the Quilxyn patiently observes for signs of rapid entropic degradation and promptly corrects these occurrences by means of highly specific particle stabilization. Ultimately, this means that the creature does nothing whatsoever for most participants on the battlefield. Any attempts at teleportation, however, whether technological or through the Force will be intercepted by the Quilxyn, and whatever object, person, or entity is teleported will be shunted outside of its field. This does not cause damage to the teleported item but prevents its entry into the field.

The Quilxyn does not think about where it sends these objects but tends towards reflecting them in the general direction from whence they came. Hence, something teleporting from the sky will be launched upward, while something teleporting from the East will be sent to the edge of the field Eastward.
Strengths:
  • Anti-Teleportation Field - The greatest strength and function of the Quilxyn Rescript is the elimination of the teleportation threat within a massive generated field with an upward limit of roughly 50 miles. Any attempts at teleporting into or within the field will be shunted outward. In this way, the Rescript protects both its owners and itself.
  • Biological - The Quilxyn Rescript is a living being, and cannot be shut down by means of EMP/ION weaponry, nor can it be destabilized through slicing or other conventional or unconventional means of electronic or mechanical disruption.
  • Regeneration - If the Rescript is wounded, it may begin to slowly bind and heal its own wounds. This is not a particularly rapid affair, but allows for a single creature to operate for a longer period of time, especially if it is only exposed to occasional small-arms fire.
Weaknesses:
  • The Best Offense - The Quilxyn Rescript is incapable of protecting itself or of retaliating against opponents. It possesses no natural weapons, and while its hide can sustain some small-arms fire before it is mortally wounded, it is not a particularly hardy creation in most respects.
  • Stationary - The Rescript is incapable of self-perpetuated movement. As such, if it is going to be transferred, it must be brought to its new location by others.
  • Biological - The Rescript is a living and breathing creature. It must be fed and hydrated, given a homeostatic environment, and is susceptible to targeted viruses or bacteria. It is also impossible to revive a dead Rescript, whereas a destroyed shield generator can simply be provided new parts and maintenance.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

A difficult to counter threat and issue arose throughout the continued war between the Bryn'adul and the Silver Jedi Concord: In the midst of battles on Sev Tok, Nar Kreeta, and especially on the world of Yurb, the Bryn'adul came face to face with hostile Force Sensitives capable of teleporting throughout the battlefield and wreaking havoc, whether by means of launching themselves at opponents, decapitating the Baedurin warriors who were fielded, or even by the sudden bombardment of friendly regiments with entire housing blocks.

Seeking a method of preventing this chaotic force ability on future battlegrounds, the Aeravalin scientists of the Bryn'adul set about the work of experimenting on the most directly relevant creature under their control: the Quilxyn. Already the Quilxyn had been mutated and utilized in different ways in order to provide shielding for their vessels, bases, and even individual units. Now it became necessary to refocus the field of a select few Quilxyn in order to detect something that was inscrutable with the naked eye.

Working since their first encounters with the threat of teleportation, these scientists have only recently made headway with the introduction of the Quilxyn Rescript. Deployment has already begun of these creatures to super-constructs throughout the dominion of the Bryn'adul Crusade.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Osam Osam

I have a major concern with this as submitted. First this seems to be a variant of a species which does not exist in the original species submission. I also cannot find where that species is able to create an anti-teleportation field.

This variant should be subbed as a species based off the OP’s original submission, or a race of the species with this particular property.

I can either move this to pre-codex so you can change this to use the proper template, or I can archive it and you can start fresh with a species submission.

Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Ah. That's a shame. I had noticed a few creatures and such utilized in the NPC section that were fundamentally a variant of their species submission and had thought that it would be acceptable to do the same.

Archive this for me if you would. I'll just have to speed-run a Species Submission before the Invasion that happens today. :(

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Osam Osam

Yeah, I can understand. Codex and factory do not work on precedent however, and in the future if you do have a question about where something should go always ask a codex judge for advice on that. Just to give you some insight into how I came to my conclusion, I compared your submission with the originally subbed species, and not finding that the OP would allow what you were trying to accomplish anywhere... it seemed like that needed to be accounted for as a lot of Bryn tech is organic in nature. That means it REALLY needs to be backed up with a fully fleshed out species submission to justify the skills.

Since they are used in PvP, it is always a smart idea to be as detailed as possible and account for what you are trying to do in a species submission because PvP tends to invite reports.

I'll go ahead and archive this for you, and if you ever have any more questions, feel free to ask me. DM's here are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom