Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blockade Job

Miktik jumped from the young womans shoulders and hopped across the floor on all fours. As he reached the door he stood up to full height on his hind legs. His ears perked up. "I could use a hand modifying the tugs," he said. There was alot of work to do. "I need someone who can lift heavy things...." he admitted slightly embarassed. His fur slowly changed to a grey color and his ears droooped to the ground. "Missiles and tubes are too heavy for me to move, and the loaders on the station are designed for big people." His eyes widened and pupils dialated as he stared at Jorus. "So I'll need some help," he continued.

"Or you could, you know, just ask."

Jorus crossed to Chloe and pulled back the blanket from the baby's pink face. "I'll take her to Gypsymoth when you're ready to make your move, Chloe," he said, looking down at the kid. "Be safe out there. I know I'll see you before then, but...be safe."

That done, he headed off with Miktik to start modifying things.

"Comm me, folks."

Sarge watched everyone split up - he had an idea. His ship wasn't here, and he couldn't just call for back up; however, the ships blockading them in were small picket ships. A smirk firmed on his lips.

"I've an idea Jorus. Just give me a... half hour warning before you start the fireworks."

With that, Sarge jogged from the room and presumably towards wherever he'd find what he needed.

Delila was still a little in the dark on the exact plan.However, this was probably for the best at the moment. It sounded like they were all making a suicide run to be honest. Shrugging ever so slightly, the Captain flashed a grin at her Galan friend.

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual. You don't always save me anyways."

Today may be different though. Delila could always be captured in the distraction and then her friend would have to come blazing back for her. Something she preferred to avoid. Watching Thessa and Deagan leave, the Captain was a little too focused on the pink Beefcake for her own liking. She quickly adverted her gaze, just in case Thessa saw. Her friend would never let her live down her ogling the Zeltron.

Turning to Chloe, she waited until Jorus said his goodbye before speaking.

"Do you have any ideas? Mine is to just fly head on and play chicken as long as possible. Til we're stopped and threatened to be blown clean out of the sky"

Miktik fiddled with the remote capabilities of the local tugs. Someone would need to pilot them, but at least from remote they wouldn't die. Well unless they failed and the ships opened fire on the wheel, but then everyone would be dead. "How are we doing Jorus?" The man was helping by carrying the large missile tubes and attaching them to vessels under the small engineers supervision. He gave a nod, and Miktik knew everything was going okay. Now that the systems were in place to pilot the tugs remotely he was arming them. Several disassembled missiles were rigged to the engines and fuel cells of the vessels, along with them being packed with mining charges and any other improvised explosive the diminutive engineer could find. He hoped that these flying bombs would be useful to the group. "We'll be ready..." he said letting his voice drift away, hoping he was right.

After a good few hours, Jorus threw himself down in the cantina deck, wiping leftover engine grease from his hands with a rag. He'd made various calls to his friends across the station, and he was plumb tuckered out.

"Miktik and I have the service ships all wired up," he said as people filtered in. He indicated a huge remote control apparatus ripped out of an antique flight sim trainer. "We're ready to push whenever. What sort of progress have people made? We looking good?"

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""] Deagan

[SIZE=medium]Anyone but the Zeltron, anyone but the….greeeeaaat. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Well beefcake, it’s Thessa, just so you know,” the quip left aqua lips that were turned upward in a slight smirk. Leading the way into the hangar she spun on her heels and pointed a spare hydrospanner at his chest. “Know how to use one of these?” Offering him the tool, she knelt down as she readied the lift to haul the astromech droid into the snub-nosed fighter.[/SIZE]

@[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Delila Castillon"]
tumblr_m76ub0vy5b1rqmypj.gif

"I'll be alright," Chloe told Jorus with a hint of a smile. Walking away, she turned over to Dels. The faint smile turned to a full blown grin. "Fly head on and play chicken?" there came a small half chuckle. "I can do that..."

A few good hours saw them each on their own aircraft. At the very least, she should be able to provide some measure of cover fire. And it was always best to fly in pairs. "Alright...." By now, all the other aircraft should have been retrofitted with the extra firepower. Now it was up to them to provide the distraction...

"How you doing over there?" Chloe's shot out to Dels.

@[member="Chloe Blake"]

Delila had been tweaking the vessel just slightly.Enough for a little extra speed and firepower. Of course some sacrifices had to be made.....hopefully those would pay off in the long run and not get her blown clear out of the sky. Talk about embarrassing, Thee would die just to come and laugh at her in the afterlife.

Wiping her hands on the rag near her box of tools, Delila nodded slowly. "I suppose so...I mean there is only so much we can do to begin with honestly. How about you?Doin' alright? Having second thoughts?"

The Captain had no problem doing this herself, she was trying to give the woman an out if she might have signed up in haste. Especially since they were so close to executing this plan into action.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

He took the hydrospanner with an avid smirk. "I've held one a time or two," he tossed back, his rakish grin beaming down at the Galen with a knowing look. "Where specifically do you want me to delve into first?" Oh here came the innuendos, of course, he couldn't help himself. It was who he was.

'Sides, had to have a bit of fun every now and then, he mused to himself, chuckling as he got to work alongside her before she answered. Whatever her response, they needed to get going. Time was a ticking, and that blockade wasn't going to run itself.

@Jorus Merill

"Alright, Jorus.", came the crackling voice of Sarge, "One distraction, coming on up." The station rocked momentarily as a bunch of detritus was ejected like missiles from a spare hangar bay, all pointed towards the blockade. Somehow amidst that mess was Sarge; clad in his experimental combat armor.

Smiling inside the suit, he angled himself towards the smallest ship of the line they had - it was essentially a souped up frigate. Plan? Take it over.

So it was he had launched himself into space as a one man shipboarding operation.

Gypsymoth Cargo Hold

"Hold on, Sarge, not sure people are ready and I'm picking up some comm chatter -- Sarge?" Jorus punched the console in frustration and grabbed the remote controls. The baby was crying, but he couldn't do a thing about it. Around the grounded freighter, small service vehicles -- armed with missiles and packed with explosives -- took off and left the station under his control. He'd meant to have them out earlier...

"Worst plan ever," he grumbled into the group comm. "Feth."

The service ships boiled out of the hangar, guided by his remote controls. There was no right way to do this, no good timing, and the sinking feeling in his gut made it hard to avoid leaving the remote and the hold, and trying to punch right through with this particular freighter.

"We shoulda stayed together. One ship. We coulda done it...feth, I'm an idiot."

The service ships orbited the station, attracting no fire...yet.

"Folks, it's time. If your stuff isn't ready, get aboard Gypsy. We're committed, I guess."

Miktik ran on all fours up to Jorus and then to the baby. He wrapped his soft bushy tail around the infant and cooed trying to get it to be quiet. "This plan will work Jorus," the Kushiban said to the man before rushing up beside Jorus. "It has to work." The small alien stood up on his hind legs and balled his paws up into makeshift fists. He struck a boxer like pose and asked, "Where do you want me? Flying the remote bombs? In the turret well zapping fighters? I want to help!"

"Thanks for taking care of the kid, Mik. Soon as the rest check in and get moving, I'll attack with the remotes I'm flying, then switch to the cockpit and get us moving. I'm gonna need you on turrets. Thanks for this, buddy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom