Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blockade Job

@[member="Miktik"], @[member="Chloe Blake"], @[member="Thessa Kai"], @[member="Delila Castillon"], @[member="Skye Mertaal"], @[member="Deagan Hunt"], @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - any or all of y'all are invited, and this thread is wide open.

The Wheel

Jorus Q. Merrill sat on the cantina deck of the space station, boots up on the windowsill, staring out at the blockade. Whose forces they were, he didn't know. They were close enough to the Sith Empire that those jokers might be responsible. But it didn't really matter at this exact moment.

It would soon enough, of course, when it came time to bust out. A Warden of the Sky couldn't stand for a blockade. The other tramp freighter pilots who were stuck here on The Wheel were getting restless.

Jorus kicked back his chair and stood, turning to address the room. People paid attention, in part because he was carrying a swaddled half-Zeltron baby.

"Ladies and gents, we've been pinned on this fething station for almost a week now over some idiot's financial gain. We need to find a solution."

Sarge was never stuck anywhere; not with the Syndicate to back him up. Controlling vast flows of information had its benefits, and being an assassin for the head had its benefits - like his armor. A faint hum heralded the appearance of the Force Null man behind Jorus.

"Ya know. Coulda said you wanted out sooner."

A smirk was no doubt plastered on Sarges face beneath that ruddy red visor and the synthetic muscle that made up his armor.

"I mean, really, Jorus. Breaking the rules is kind of my job."

Considering Jorus was currently standing with his back to a transparisteel window, Sarge's position there made the Warden flinch hard enough to set the baby crying. Half-turning to face both Sarge and the room, Jorus rocked the little pink bundle of joy.

"One day stuck here was fine. Two days was decent. Six was pushing it. I can break a lot of things - spines, hearts, promises, governments - but I can't take a blockade that size with just Gypsymoth. Not with the kid aboard. I'm looking for either creative solutions or a mass jailbreak."

Know how hard it was for Sarge to squeeze in behind Jorus to startle him? PRETTY KARKIN HARD. Looking to the baby, Sarge begins to laugh.. and laugh... and laugh, until he's forced to bend over and place his hands over his knees. "Right...", he manages between breaths, righting himself slowly.

"Love child."

He wags a finger. "Almost forgot about that."

Turning to look at the blockade, he rests his fists on his hips. "So, Jorus. Easy way or hard way?"

[SIZE=10pt]“Easy way,” she chirped up, leaning against the side wall, arms crossed, one leg bent at the knee, with foot pressed against the wall behind her. Swallowing the kelp leaf in her mouth, she zipped up her black flight jacket, passing an amusing gaze from Jorus to his baby and then to Sarge. It was hard to believe they still hadn’t talked…about…that night and… “I’ve got a good idea where they’re keeping the interdiction field powered.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A hand came up to brush the side of her nose before making a swooping motion down and up through the air, mimicking a star fighter. “I take my snub-nosed fighter, get in and out,” her hand formed into a gun, shooting invisible rounds into the small gathered crowd around the kid, and his kid, and the ground pounder, “and some peow peow, and we can leave. But I’ll need a distraction to get close.”[/SIZE]

Delila was off in another part of the Wheel and was wandering back around to where all the commotion was happening. She had been gazing out of the viewports and looking at the blockcade. This was ridiculous. She had a half a mind to take some type of vessel...well...all they really had was Jorus' ship and risk pretending being something she wasn't. Or just run through that thing and take her chances on getting blown to bits. Either way was better than being stuck here.

Rounding the corner, Delila heard her Galan friend talk about distraction. The Captain had missed most of the conversation but decided to chime in.

"Distraction is my middle name. Do I get to blow up something?"

A faint scowl of disapproval drew over Chloe's brow as Sarge's laughter only seemed to frighten the baby more.

"Here," she said in a soft murmur, "Let me take her." offering her arms over to @[member="Jorus Merrill"] to take the baby. Meanwhile, she cast a glance over towards @[member="Delila Castillon"]. "It won't be so easy." she said with caution, "And best if you don't do it alone. It would look to suspicious."

A pause, "I'll go with you."

@[member="Chloe Blake"]

No one had answered Delila on the possibility of blowing anything up. She had just got promoted to Captain and CO of the 73rd-what would have been a better what to celebrate?Perhaps another time...another place. The Captain arced an eyebrow at Chloe. While the woman was correct, Delila did not expect the girl to volunteer. It was easier with two but then Dells would be watching over the womans back.

"Sounds like a plan. If we create enough fuss it will more than buy Jorus and the others enough time to finish their tasks"

Still the blockade, why was there always complications? Nothing could ever really be so simple. It had been days, since the blockade was in effect, and it only made Kaia all the more impatient. Being a part of a family that was mostly always on the move, and never really, truly had a place to stay at for too long, made this all the more difficult. Six days she was here, six days the blockade was going on, and those were six days that she could have been off doing whatever else she wanted.

Right now, she wanted to be gone from here, and finish the job she was on. Although it was a smaller job, and mostly one to test her own mettle in the ways of smuggling, taking after her own father at least a bit in that regard, this blockade was setting her back. Enough was enough.

Standing beside one of the viewports, she looked out at the blockade, and shook her head, letting out a disgruntled sigh. "I want off of this station. If there's anything I can do to help, I would gladly assist." She stated, looking over to Jorus, and then to the woman who wanted to cause the distraction. Pulling her hood back up, and over her head, she turned her back around and leaned up against the view-port. Clearly, she was impatient, as she tapped her right foot hurriedly.

The blockage was good for business, at least in the first three days. All the various spacers took the opportunity to fix any little glitches and get their vessels in perfect condition. However as the blockade continued, no new ships were arriving, and those that sat didn’t need anymore maintenance, and thats why he had taken this job. Miktik sighed as he crawled through the duct. He had just fixed the stations communications to hopefully be able to send a signal past the jammers. he doubted it would work. Miktik reached the end of the duct and burst through the opening on four legs. His fur was black, irritated. “Why do you always make me crawl through the ducts?” he said with a cute little growl. Standing on his hind legs to gain height he stared Jorus in the eyes as best he could. “Well?”

Jorus looked around, then looked around again as he handed the bundle of joy to Chloe.

"All right, then. Thessa gets in close, Delila and Chloe stage a distraction. They don't have any people aboard the station that I'm aware of -- too many gunslingers willing to shoot back. So whatever distraction you put in motion, it's going to have to involve ships. Maybe boarding, maybe cannons.

"What are our resources? Miktik and I have Gypsymoth - who else has available ships? I seem to recall some of us..." He glanced at Sarge. "...having better resources. There's a comm jammer in the fleet -- maybe our distraction should involve that, if anyone has any friends that could get here in time to help."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Delila Castillon"]
Lightly, she cradled the bundle of Jorus's joy in her arms, gently rocking the baby until the whimpers faded away. Coming from a big family, tending to kids wasn't something that she unused to.

A curt nod went at Delila's direction, "Aye, and that's when she can come into play," there came the faint glance at Thee. Yet the pointed emphasis at Sarge drew her soft blonde brows to rise up.

"...Well this is going to get interesting then," she said with amusement drawing at the corner of her lips.

Miktik ran on all fours around the various peoples feet. He darted across the floor and climbed up Chloe’s leg and back coming to rest on her shoulder. Playfully he pawed at the baby. “He’s like a little person.” He said as the baby cooed with glee. Miktik purred playfully. “So while all this happening… what do you want me to do.” He perked up a bit on Chloe’s shoulder and then said, “I can fight too!”

Captain Deagan Hunt had quietly sat back and had observed the discussion with a rather laid back manner. In his right hand he gently kept rocking the low ball glass of Corellian whiskey, while his left rose to pluck the smoking narcotic out of his mouth, spicy white smoke rising in an acrid cloud, making the fire-sapphire eyes of the Zeltron squint.

He wasn’t one for blockades; hell, he was more than happy to run through one. This just took a bit of planning.

So the girls make a big boom, Sirena goes out and takes care of the indictator, we all break through… then what?’” he asked as a stream of white smoke fell from his mouth, a bushy black brow raised high.

His glass of whiskey went nodding towards Delila and Chloe, “Not that I’m questionin’ your talents ladies… just that we ain’t got no clue at who we be fighting. Something goes wrong with both of you… then what? ” he might as well state that now before Sal gets on his case about sending women into a dangerous area. The old coot had a soft spot for women.

Jorus grimaced. "You're right. We need people out there already -- potential backup. That means we'll need to be moving around already, in space. And we can't do that with our ships without giving everything away.

"Hey, Miktik. Between the two of us, and the rest of us, how long d'you think it would take to refit the station's maintenance ships with decent engines and some kind of payload?"

Chloe's lips thinned to a straight line, her attention darting over to Jorus as he spoke. "Hey Mik," she greeted softly, her cheek nuzzling the tiny space bunny in hello, giving him a faint smile.

She kept rocking the baby gently, murmuring soft words in Olys Corellisi to sooth the infant. All the while, her eyes kept darting up between Jorus and over to Mik. If anyone knew if what Jorus suggested could be done, it would be Miktik.

The Kushiban cooed a little bit when the young woman nuzzled his soft fur. Miktik thought for a moment, his ears perking up and swaying from side to side. "Two hours we could do some basic modifications," he said. "But if this blockade fleet has a decent fighter compliment, I wouldn't want to fly any of them, but the same could be said about the Gypsymoth. Fighters can tear most of our tramp freighters apart." His ears folded over in the center. His fur gradually grew lighter, slowly turning to white as his mood improved and calmed from thought. “But we don’t need to pilot them to use them.” Ears popped up straight into the air. “We could pilot them remotely. Filled with some mining charges, and ram them into the fighter bays.”

The baby grabbed his paw and pulled a little earning him a soft purring. “If we can find some missiles we can arm the freighters with some makeshift tubes to suppress the capitol ships?” He’d never had to think of strategy before. Normally the only threat on the spacelanes had been scattered pirate attacks. Miktik tried to sound confident but the truth was he didn’t know if the plan would work.

"I haven't showed you the special bay yet, have I. A stock YV-929's got enough missiles squirrelled away to outfit half the ships here, and Gypsy's got some extra punch on top of that. And I'm thinking Sarge knows where we could get some more missiles, too. Whose ships need more firepower?"

[SIZE=10pt]He’s like a little person.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]And you’re like, a little critter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Driftwood brows lofted in her silent amusement at Miktik, pushing off the wall. Her head went through the list: we got a little furry creature, Dells, the space hippie chick, the space hippie kid+baby, a moody teenager, the guy she had that one night thing with, and a Zeltron beefcake. Her hands rubbed together in anticipation at getting off this station and back into the skies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Alright. I’m good on the firepower. I’m gonna go down and prep my bird. Since communication is down, I’m guessing my signal to move in will be some sort of explosion. Or, I’ll know it when I see it kinda thing.” Iced-azure gaze traveled to Dells. “And please don’t make me rescue you. While multiple people can fit into the cockpit of an X-wing, I’d rather not be that close to you even though you’re my best bud,” a smile widened along aqua lips at the end of her deadpan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Can I get a volunteer to help me prep the bird?” [/SIZE]

@[member="Thessa Kai"]
Well when you ask so sweetly, he mused to himself with mild amusement, "I can do better. I can give you two, Sirena." he said with a teasing quip, glancing down to snuff out his cigar upon the ashtray on the bartop.

With a lazy grace, he came to his feet. "After you," he said with a wink, the corners of his mouth tugging up in mirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom