Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Beating Heart | Succession on Alderaan {GA, Alderaanians & Guests}

Jace colis

J

i4xNFo5.png

image0.png

Tag: Lodd Grimmin Lodd Grimmin Lucas Gracin Lucas Gracin Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys
image0.png

The senator of had abbadon sat there he didn't pay Lucas any mind the comment was completely unneeded for the scenario at hand. He did stare down the minister and ransik ulgo coldly as he always did he listened to the ministers words it wasn't an admission of corruption nor was he denying it either well played. As he remained sitting he saw the duke and duchess step into the room wanting to greet them but he saw that they got swarmed rather quickly he turned his gaze back to jansik and the minister listening to ransiks rage enduced tirade angrily shouting will not intimidate me if you want to earn the right to rule this planet i suggest you play politics and garner favors and earn the other houses trust and faith if you try a heavy handed approach through the military i assume the alliance will have to step in and assist the elected monarch to squach any potential coup attempt. jace said staring at ransik coldly before standing up and walking over to alico and Amani he didn't walk right up to them he stood a bit behind everyone waiting for the crowd to disperse some.
image0.png

It was a touching reunion for all. Both the Duke and Duchess seemed to appreciate that the first to greet them were friendly, grateful faces. Inanna had hoped that would be the case. They deserved to be met with support, especially at a time like this.

"Thank you for coming. I was hoping the Maranathans would make it. How is life treating you?"

Inanna’s beaming smile was automatic, though she started to stifle it for fear of seeming conceited. Not everyone was so blessed as she. “I’m doing well.” The children were with their grandmother, and Cato was around here somewhere, hopefully not lost in the palace… "What about you and the twins?"

Before Alicio could answer Inanna’s question, someone else spoke:

"Nervous would be my guess."

Inanna turned toward the owner of the voice, a sharp “I wasn’t asking you” ready on her tongue. But when Alicio greeted the man with respect, she quickly thought better of it, letting her hands fall from her hips to her sides. He was introduced to her as Osiris Thul, another contender to the throne. How likely it was that he would become king remained to be seen. She’d done some research on the subject of Alderaanian succession, but still wasn’t even sure if Alicio would be chosen or not.

Alderaanians are some of the most kind and generous people in the galaxy, in my experience,” Inanna said politely, hoping that Osiris was not purposefully ignoring her because she was an outsider in his eyes. Or worse yet, because she was not of noble blood. Any concept of "the nobility" had long ceased to exist among the democratic Shi'ido, so she couldn't have been a noble regardless.

Wine swirled in her glass, a fine dry red from the local countryside, one of her favorites in fact. Sharp emerald eyes watched those in attendance, curious as to the inner workings of the current situation. Did one nearly declare themselves one with the throne? Duel to the death? Prove Faith had missing for ages on end and submit a case for rule?

Such things had never been her strong suit.

Dressed in a slinky black dress,carefully applied make-up, and flame-red hair curled loose around her shoulders, Delila enjoyed coming out to the planet despite not having a kathhound in the fight anymore. Being on a ship full of testosterone, she missed getting dressed to the nines and stepping out from time to time.

The old redhead had came to the event because she had done bodyguard and security work for Faith Organa long ago, almost a lifetime ago it seemed. Alderaan had quickly become a second home, which made her all the more curious as to who would now be the ruling class. Dells figured it was a great way to stay abreast of goings-on, scoring an invite by reaching out to an old security contact.

Finger tapped on her wineglass, eyes scanning the room for the newest potential ruler. Shouldn't be too hard, look for the sentient with the biggest audience around them.

Power always drew hangers-on like nerflies to manure.

Succession-Banner.jpg

Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian listened intently, he nodded once when she began to mention the Duke’s actions of saving refugees and his desire for peace. Actions that Damian admired in the man as well, it was what probably would make the Duke into a great king and leader for the people of Alderaan. He is quite different indeed, I could even say immeasurably so. Though Damian did take note of Knight Linahan saying how she never liked nobility, his right hand pulsed rather suddenly as a reminder or maybe simply attempting to confirm the thought that lingered in the back of his mind.

What did catch Damian off-guard was the comment of her being a part of the security detail, while it wasn’t uncommon for Jedi to act as protectors for valuable people, he normally could spot the difference between a guard and a guest at a celebration. Maybe I should get some SIA social training. With the amusing thought of learning spy-craft out of the way, Damian smiled and nodded at Knight Linahan.

“I am pleased to know the Duke and Duchess have you watching over them. . . and yes, best I find a spot to watch the coronation.” Damian bowed to take his leave, “-It is an honour and a pleasure to know more about you all the same, hardly something I’d consider a waste. . . Until the next time our paths cross Knight Linahan.” He offered a larger smile, appreciative of their time spent.

But I really shouldn’t bother someone, especially a Jedi, who are protecting somebody in a crowded area. Damian turned and looked towards the Duke, currently engaged with someone else in normal noble political conversation, Damian for his part figured it would probably be easier to find time to exchange words at a later time. He looked around instead to find a good place to either sit or stand to watch the coronation proceedings. Best not hold up those with my conversation either.

Domain’s crimson eyes spotted someone else that appeared quite different from the rest of the attendees. Don’t let appearances fool you again Damian. He quietly made his way towards the cloak wearing lady, quite a bit different to his own cape and outfit but he still appreciated the willingness to break with clothing norms.

“Hello,” Damian greeted, he bowed and offered his right hand, “My name is Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta,” He straightened back upright, “-If I may have the honour and pleasure of knowing your name.” He asked with a small smile. While he was never one to be without confidence when it came to galas or parties, it was encouraging that he had at least met someone who wasn’t a Noble previously.
So maybe I'll be surprised yet again by the end of the day.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Alderaan
| Objective | Mingle and connect

More than content to observe with her arms crossed and her body kept hidden beneath her cloak, Jenn found herself filled with an odd sense of respect for those who could navigate the intricacies of such a fraught political scene. It all came down to networking, she supposed: Alicio was, in the experience she had with the man, a refreshingly earnest soul in a profession where deceit seemed to be one of the greatest weapons one could arm themselves with. It would stand to reason, then, that he would receive support from outsiders such as herself. Hopefully his charisma had the same effect on his countrymen.

And not just because she would greatly value the chance to have a monarch holding a tempered view of her Clan, rather than a wholly negative one.

Those gray eyes of hers, ever-so piercing, were quick to turn towards the person approaching her. Although she was not particularly unkind to this stranger, the way she openly seemed to take in his outfit and expression might be off-putting - with a helmet covering her features for most of her life, Jenn sometimes forgot that people could see just how she tried to read them as soon as she laid her eyes upon them. The outfit, however, was not as gaudy as she would expect from a politician. No, it was... elegant, she supposed.

A polite nod met the Senator's approach. Reaching out to take his hand into hers, Jenn shook it firmly, all too aware that decorum (and basic respect) dictated that she must return the introduction in kind: just as she had been given a name and a title, she should do the same, no matter how it might change the man's disposition. The polite words helped, of course.

"Hello to you as well, Senator. I am Jenn, Alor of Clan Kryze." Where her control over how critical her gaze might be was lacking, the manner in which she spoke was not. Walking the fine line between a neutral tone and an indifferent one was difficult, but the Mandalorian truly did manage.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
BALLROOM OF THE ROYAL PALACE - ALDERA - ALDERAAN
Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan
VVVDHjr.png

"May I ask who your tailor is?"

Adjusting the cufflink of his suit jacket, Drake turned his gaze to meet the Jedi Knight's blue eyes. That sudden yet confident presence appearing right next to her. Something that took practice and care.

Although, he doubted a knight spooked easily nor had that been his intention.

"Or who recommended the dress?" he inquired further, taking a moment to glimpse at the dress. His brow furrowed for that brief second as his eyes scanned the material. Ordinary in the sense it was a fancy dress. Nothing unique or altered about the stitching either.

His eyes returned to look at her.

"Do not get me wrong. The dress looks excellent and you wear it very well, but-" Drake leaned his head in closer, whispering, "-it's not very practical for security detail, is it?"

Then, he simply leaned his head back to where it had been before gazing across the room.

While his attention had been split between Ransik Ulgo's tirade and the presence of a Trade Federation senator, Drake's inquisitive mind always made sure to pay attention to the smaller and finer details of human interaction. Appearances made a superficial impression, and it took a degree of training to look beyond what was in plain sight. Still, there had been one person who had caught his eye from the beginning.

And the young, noble senator from Empress Teta ( Damian Du Couteau Damian Du Couteau ) had chosen to speak to that exact person of interest ( Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze ). Bringing a few fingers up to the endpiece and temple of his eyeglasses, Drake recalibrated the glasses to hone in on their conversation. The woman in the cloak stood out like a sore thumb, and Drake did not exactly trust the ballroom's security completely. She did not appear to be a senator or politician.

No matter who she may be, the senator would make small talk Drake could listen in on and find out soon enough, and no one would be the wiser as Drake himself would maintain conversation with his fellow security-in-arms.

After all, multi-tasking was another practiced skill of his.​

Succession-Banner.jpg

Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian raised an eyebrow when he heard the word ‘Alor’, while he never studied the Mandalorian language to any degree that he would classify himself as familiar with; He had read plenty of senate briefings about the Enclave and the attached SIA notes of Mandalorian culture and language. He hoped that his practice kept his surprise in check, showing not concern but curiosity. While the Alliance’s stance against the Enclave is quite clear, a Clan Leader here? Damian found himself very interested and he tried his best to temper his inquisitiveness. Prying too deeply and quickly made terrible conversations and first impressions. Appearances Damian, remember.

“Gratitude Alor Kryze, I hope you are enjoying yourself here.” Damian bowed his head, his tongue attempting to keep the pronunciation as close as possible. “And if you don’t mind the question, are you a supporter of the Duke and Duchess Organa?” Damian asked.

His crimson eyes wide, attempting to take in as much information as possible .Am I anxious? No. Perhaps I’m just intrigued, but this is something different. . . This was quite unfamiliar territory for the young Du Couteau heir, much of his life had been dictated by social norms and etiquette. He could rely on data-slate reports to present predictable outcomes and built in margins of error to help make backup plans. There was immense comfort in knowing the outcomes of any ventures and decisions, but this was the first time that Damian found himself unsure in an environment he had grown up his entire life within.

“Of course we can steer away from politics and discuss other topics,” Damian offered. He could feel his fingers tapping against his other hand's knuckles as he kept his hands behind his back and hidden beneath his cape. Damian kept his smile and polite expression, his nervous fidgeting sprouting like an unwelcome guest.
Never welcome and always making unplanned visits.
Vy2NTqS.png

|| Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze ||​

Objective: None
Tags: Open

In the grand halls of Alderaan's Royal Palace, where history whispers from the ancient stones and ambition fills the air like a tangible force, Kilij Qel-Nosh stands apart from the intrigue that grips the heart of the kingdom. As the former Queen's Sword Master and a Jedi, his presence is a testament to the blending of Alderaan's proud martial traditions with the mystical ways of the Force. Clad in the intricate armor of his esteemed position, with a cloak that seems to capture the very shadows, Kilij's demeanor is one of deep contemplation and undisguised apprehension.

The throne room, usually a place of celebration and unity, feels hollow and tense in these uncertain times. The throne itself, an exquisite masterpiece of craftsmanship and power, remains conspicuously empty. It is a symbol of the void left by the Queen's absence, a void that echoes in Kilij's heart. Despite the swirling rumors of potential successors and the political machinations that threaten to tear the royal court apart, no one has yet stepped forward to claim the throne. And Kilij, bound by duty and honor, finds himself pushed aside while a storm rises on the horizon.

His lightsaber, an elegant weapon that belies the deadly skill of its wielder, hangs at his side—a constant reminder of his dual responsibilities. Kilij is more than just a Sword Master; he is a keeper of peace, a sentinel against the darkness that threatens to engulf Alderaan in these troubled times. Yet, the Force offers little comfort, its whispers vague and troubling, speaking of changes that could reshape the very foundations of the kingdom.

As the time for the selection approaches, Kilij's unease grows. He has trained his entire life to defend the royal family and uphold the values of Alderaan. The prospect of serving a new ruler, one who might not understand or respect these sacred traditions, fills him with dread. He remembers the Queen's kindness, her wisdom, and her unwavering commitment to her people. How can anyone else compare?

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Alderaan, Royal Palace
| Objective | Measured words, treaded path

Damian's attempt to mask his surprise was commendable - and, one might say, appreciated. A polite, if curt nod answered the Senator's bow: evidently, the Mandalorian was not quite sure how to answer it, and had certainly no inclination to bow before anyone without a particularly good reason. Queen Kalantha had been given a rather elegant bow at the gala on Naboo, but she had been the host of the grand celebration, and so the context was different. It was a sign of respect, rather than submission. Damian had not earned this much from her.

"I am unfamiliar with such grand occasions", admitted the Alor freely with a shrug. The question that followed, however, clearly gained more of her interest - and her response was quick and decisive. This was not something she had need to ponder over, no... she knew exactly how she felt about the pair.

"That I am", came the confident affirmation. "Amani had every reason to take my head off, and chose mercy instead. Alicio was my prisoner, yet resolved to speak truly and earnestly, a hand offered in good will. They are, both of them, virtuous individuals, and so I consider them with the respect they are due. I care little for the abundance of titles of the vainglorious; I care for actions, and they have both proven themselves to be honest, virtuous, and kind."

Jenn spoke these words as if they were an undeniable truth, and she merely stated the obvious.

Succession-Banner.jpg

Aldera, Alderaan
Ballroom of the Royal Palace
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Osiris Thul Osiris Thul - Lodd Grimmin Lodd Grimmin -

"How...kind of you to recognize our claim."

That caused Alicio's head to cant to the side, sphinx-like. "We all deserve to be heard. Your voice matters here." Whether Alicio thought Osiris Thul should try to take the throne was entirely irrelevant. What mattered was that the decision made here today was the consensus; that they all did this together.

Something weighed heavy on Duke Thul's heart as he thought of his father. He could see the cold play across his fellow Alderaanian's face, and he guessed what he'd taste if he opened his senses to the Force. Alicio didn't comment on it, the corner of his lip turning down in thought. His relationship with his own father had been... difficult, too, but he'd been fortunate enough to take the time to reconcile with it. There was no way to know what weights his fellow nobleman bore.

Not sensing any of the awkward tension Osiris fell to, Alicio only frowned when it seemed Osiris made no effort to bring Inanna and the other Shi'ido into the conversation, even conjuring a topic that was... hostile, to new Alderaanians such as the Maranathans. Though, he thought his friend picked up the slack rather gracefully.

Alderaanians are some of the most kind and generous people in the galaxy, in my experience."

"Much has happened since the dawn of humanity on Alderaan." Alicio looked between Osiris, Inanna, and Amani. "We've learned. Fought. Lost. Each and every one of us, each family, each House, knows what it's like to see their home reduced to atoms. We were all refugees, once. That's what unites us, now. The Shi'ido of Maranatha share that experience, too."

It was a quiet little assurance that yes, they were welcome here. As Alderaanian as any of them.

With a quick glance around, and noting the verbosity of certain houses, Alicio sent a coy smirk Amani's way. "Well, we should probably start the talks before Ransik Ulgo blows a gasket." He held out a respectful hand, towards the meeting table at the center of the room. "Shall we, Duke Thul?"

Succession-Banner.jpg

Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian stood there for a moment, expression frozen, it was the most he could do to keep his polite demeanor. He prided himself in being able to find the right words, the prattle of a well-spoken and flowery politician. Even if he had no response, Damian had the ability to dodge and weave himself into comfortable conversations. A talent he learned from his father, and the countless galas and parties attended, honed by talking to petty nobles and obnoxious politicians.

Fascinating enough, he could say that this was the first time he encountered something far beyond his expectations. A Mandalorian? Meeting one who wasn’t a part of the Enclave was more than reasonable. A Mandalorian that participated against the Alliance? Damian was well versed in what diplomacy entails, so he could imagine negotiations with the Enclave and whatever conversations those entail.

The Mandalorian Captor of Duke Alicio? The young Du Couteau heir thanked his years of training that he could maintain his small smile and curious expression instead of just open confusion. Or even a hint of concern or just simple incredulity. I wish I could hear my father’s opinions and preferably advice.

“A principled stance, one born of true understanding and connection.” Damian commented. “-If you can excuse my candor, I am a bit at a loss for words. . . A rather embarrassing notion to admit for a Senator.” Damian held back a laughter that he knew would sound awkward. It was becoming difficult for him to carefully select his words and think ahead to the next few seconds.

Instead he sighed and clenched his hands to cease the fidgeting before he pulled them from behind his back to cross his arms over his chest. Damian looked down towards the floor for a moment, almost as if he could find a script below his feet. “I really must apologize, and I hope you can forgive any disrespect that I have committed. . . I am finding it difficult to express myself properly as I witness something quite different.” Damian raised his head to face Alor Kryze again.

“I have my own complicated past with raiders, pirates, marauders and zealots like the Maw. So coming across a potential future that differs so starkly from how the wars with the Maw and Imperials ended; Well it brings a peace of mind I haven’t felt in quite some time.” Damian’s smile grew confident and his right hand gestured towards the center of the room. The coronation will no doubt start soon.

“Maybe we can both enjoy the unfamiliar together and show our support to the Duke and Duchess. I’ll be more than honored to sit next to you at the table if you wish to endure the frivolous politics between the Nobles of Alderaan, as they come to terms with their new King and Queen.” Damian offered.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze ||​

"We're great. The twins get bigger every day it feels like," Amani replied. They were just at that age of continuous development now, and it kept the Organas' lives from ever getting too dull, "They're back home. My padawan Eloise is babysitting." The Dinn girl had her hangups, but she seemed to be pretty good with younger kids. Perhaps it gave her taste of that long missing home life with siblings. Whatever the case, Amani was happy to have the help, "Still on the Vonnuvi?" She asked. Cato was still part of the Enclave staff, so she could only assume as much.

The two Dukes seemed on the verge of some understanding, marred by the distance politics demanded of them. Amani turned her gaze to the scion of House Thul as introductions were made. His comments of a 'welcoming society', to Amani directly no less, earned a slight squint. "Fortunate indeed. It suits Alderaan well…" She replied distractedly, glancing over at Inanna and the Maranathans.

Alicio made a sage comparison to his people's own migrant past. For a time, Alderaan did not exist, and those of its people that remained were cast to the galactic winds. Now they had the opportunity to spare others from the same struggle. The Duke suggest proper talks soon begin, lest the invested parties grow too impatient. Amani nodded, letting him take the lead. Countess, Duchess, or Queen, Amani was still a Jedi before she could ever be a politician.

Osiris maintained a stoic expression that betrayed no desire to relish in his rival's discomfort. He remained uncertain if Duke Organa was patronizing him with this lecture on Alderaanian ideals, or if he truly valued the voice of a house his family once forced into exile. Ancient history to some and yet the bad blood between noble families this old somehow endured time's ravages.

"Our traditions unite us," the duke countered, "Such as the value of chivalry."

At last Thul's imperious gaze fell upon the Harths. One eyebrow arced slightly in what might have been intrigue but could mean almost anything. In a startling betrayal of court etiquette, he bent his shoulders into a half bow.

"If there is anything your people require, ask and House Thul will provide. Maranatha can trust if nothing else our ambition to prove even better neighbors than an Organa."

When he looked up Osiris was chuckling at his own jest. Perfect teeth eradicated all trace of dour attitude behind a smile that felt almost too natural.

"Shall we, Duke Thul?"

"Duty calls," he bid the others farewell, "Let us begin."

It was the privilege of House Organa's chosen heir to commence the ceremony as blood of their lost queen. They both moved toward the meeting table and Duke Thul leaned in speaking just loud enough for Alicio to hear.

"Crowns are inherited, kingdoms are earned."

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Alderaan, Royal Palace
| Objective | The finer art of discussion

Skilled as he was in the fine art of controlling one's demeanor, Damian could not hope to entirely mask his reaction from one renowned for her wisdom and perception. Not when she rested her gaze upon him so intently, her gray eyes all but piercing through him. No matter what he expected, the man before surely could never have predicted her to say something like this: openly admitting to her standing on the other side of the war. Her allegiance to the Mandalorian Enclave may be past, but she held no desire to hide who she had once been, all that she had done and said in service to the brutal collective of warriors.

A lesson could only be learned if one did not shy away from it, after all.

"There is nothing to be embarassed about, Senator", came the Mandalorian's surprisingly kind response. "And no reason for you to apologize. I understand that my people are known for our might, not our words." Even now, the notion clearly made her proud. A closed fist, clad in beskar, could resolve quite a few problems indeed... and it kept people from forgetting just what awaited them if they ever thought of double-crossing her.

The offer extended to her, however, finally broke the hawk-like mask of indifference she sported, the slightest of smiles pulling at her lips. The prospect of finding herself with someone at her side rather than walling herself off in solitude held merit - and the Senator had not been scared off by her blunt honesty, after all.

"It would be my pleasure. I am not quite... acquainted with the intricacies of Alderaan's complex politics."

Succession-Banner.jpg

THE BEATING HEART

white.png

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa [Directly]
Everyone Else [Indirectly]
6d3650a3023d90440b6516467cffb5d2-removebg-preview.png

Ransik Ulgo contemptuously scoffed at the Senator of Had Abbadon, dismissing their criticism as ignorant and unworthy of further discussion with someone of his superior status. The Galactic Alliance had much bigger concerns, such as the Sith Empire and the Mandalorian Enclave, to be bothered by internal conflicts within their own territory. And even if a planetary civil war were to erupt when his Coup was initiated, Ransik knew he could rely on the unwavering support of the Trade Federation of Planets.

"It is clear that outsiders should not meddle in the affairs of the Noble Houses of Alderaan, but it cannot be denied that they make a valid point. Minister, what consequences can we expect if the Organas are chosen as the King and Queen during this gathering?" Despite his deep-seated animosity towards the Galactic Alliance for removing him from his position due to alleged incompetence, there were instances when he displayed a knack for devising effective strategies. House Ulgo possessed sufficient military power to initiate a Coup Attempt, but it would necessitate the support of the lesser houses for it to succeed.

"Lord Ulgo, navigating this situation requires careful and strategic maneuvering. If the Organas ascend to the throne of Alderaan, they will gain the backing of the Pro-Democracy Bloc in the Senate as well as support from the esteemed New Jedi Order. It is crucial to consider that" The Minister promptly addressed Ransik's concerns, highlighting the fact that the Organas have numerous allies within both the senate and the Jedi Order. Rushing into a civil war would only result in detrimental consequences for the Trade Federation of Planets, ultimately jeopardizing their opportunity to remove Alico.

Ransik's gaze shifted towards Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Osiris Thul Osiris Thul , who had at last concluded their private discussion. They both made their way towards the Table, where the other Great Houses had gathered to deliberate on the appointment of a New Monarch.

It was evident that House Thul, with its long-standing ties to the Old Republic Era, was influenced by the Imperial Government. On the other hand, House Organa seemed to be mere pawns in the hands of the Alliance Bureaucrats. Both houses were willing to relinquish the sovereignty of Alderaan to a higher galactic authority.

Ransik's impatience was palpable as he addressed Organa, urging him to take action. "GET ON WITH IT THEN!, ORGANA. STOP WASTING OUR TIME!" he exclaimed, paying no heed to the Minister's previous caution. With a stern expression etched on his face, Ransik settled back into his chair, arms crossed, as the ceremony was already running behind schedule.

"Still on the Vonnuvi?"

Still on the Vonnuvi,” Inanna confirmed with a nod. “It’s a good place to raise the kids, and there’s a Jedi Enclave. Worked out perfectly for us.

She might’ve offered to babysit each other’s kids sometime, but she and Amani weren’t that close, and the distance and logistics involved weren’t really compatible anyway. Besides, just because parents were friends didn’t mean their children would get along. The last thing she needed was for Serena or Ashur to beat up the heirs to the throne of Alderaan.

"If there is anything your people require, ask and House Thul will provide. Maranatha can trust if nothing else our ambition to prove even better neighbors than an Organa."

Inanna gave him a thin smile out of courtesy rather than genuine appreciation, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. Alicio had tried to smooth over the tension between them, but Osiris just seemed to view helping the Maranthans as one more thing for the two to compete over, even to the point of reducing the code of chivalry to little more than a dick measuring contest. Ugh.

Finally, Alicio suggested they get to the talks. Inanna fell into step behind them, still wondering where the hell Cato was…

"GET ON WITH IT THEN!, ORGANA. STOP WASTING OUR TIME!"

Blinking in surprise at the old man shouting randomly, Inanna glanced at her companions as if to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating. Enkidu raised an eyebrow. “Does that mean he’s voting for Alicio?”

Succession-Banner.jpg

Aldera, Alderaan
Ballroom of the Royal Palace
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Osiris Thul Osiris Thul - Lodd Grimmin Lodd Grimmin - ALL -

Alicio had half a mind to abandon the current conversation, and join the topic concerning the children. He didn't want to talk succession, didn't want to dance the waltz required of him now, but duty, responsibility, demanded he continued the choreography. Singing the praises of August and Liana would have to wait for another day.

"Our traditions unite us. Such as the value of chivalry."

"Why can't it be both?" One of Alicio's eyebrows ticked up. He was... cautious of either's and or's. Especially with a topic as complex as Alderaan's storied culture, shaped by thousands of years of history. Regardless, Osiris was making his position in relation to House Organa entirely clear, especially as he cracked his joke concerning Maranatha. Alicio didn't laugh, even as the corner of his mouth sharpened into an unwitting smile.

Duke Thul's actions told Alicio he didn't spare a moment for collaboration. He thought they were competing.

The entourage approached the table, and Osiris had one last tidbit of wisdom for him. Alicio pondered it for a moment, considered producing some mystifying saying in return, but ultimately decided to keep his mouth shut.

Alicio didn't flinch at the sudden shout, a benefit of always seeing a moment into the future, but he did turn Amani's way, sending her a mental message. <Too late. Gasket blown.> Outwardly, the Duke only flickered the impression of a smile. His voice carried, somehow filling the space, even as it stayed low and soft. "Duke Ulgo. Thank you for coming. If you have somewhere more important to be, I would hate to keep you from it."

"Find your seats, everyone. We have much to discuss."

Some participants made their way to the chairs around the room, turning them towards the center table. Alicio and company moved towards the center table. Rectangular, made of dark-stained wood, obviously a labor of love by whatever carpenter shaped it. Alicio didn't beeline towards the head. Instead, he took the left hand, standing until he was sure there were enough seats for all.

As people found their spots, Alicio looked over them. He made special note in the familiar faces, the friendly faces. He had colleagues in Jace colis and Damian Du Couteau Damian Du Couteau . The Duke didn't always agree with either of them- not by a longshot. And yet, they'd each been through stressful situations with the Alderaanian senator, and they were both here to show their support. Alicio gave them each a firm, grateful look. A lurking Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan was a surprise guest, one that Alicio felt some amount of comfort in seeing. She was a good friend of the family, and while he doubted anything would go wrong here... her presence was soothing, regardless. And of course, he recognized the naked face of Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze , who he gave a flickering grin and a subtle nod.

What an odd path they had taken, for Alicio to see the face of his former captor, and smile.

Once the table began to fill, Alicio paused, thoughts forming and reforming behind sharp grey eyes. Finally, he raised his hand, asking for silence, before speaking.

"My first time here, at this palace, I shared tea with Queen Faith. She..." he paused again fighting a sudden lump in his throat. This was... a little harder to talk about than he would have liked to admit. "She was engrossed in her projects. Writing her medical fleet bill for the Senate, creating the groundwork for Sanctuary City, organizing a wartime relief drive, and all the while, she found the time to entertain me, a cousin she'd never known... She was a titan of selflessness, of strength. And now... she's gone." Alicio's contemplative expression hardened.

"The Council has ignored her absence for as long as we could. But no longer. Now, we decide what to do. Who will lead."

"I open the floor for discussion."

Last edited:
Still on the Vonnuvi. It’s a good place to raise the kids, and there’s a Jedi Enclave..."

Amusement spread across Amani's features, "So I hear. You mean the one that I created?" Inanna's phrasing seemed to indicate she wasn't aware of the connection, but it was probably just a momentary lapse. Amani found some lighthearted humor in it, "Glad it's working out for you."

Organa and Thul finished their conversation, at last making way for the evening's central focus. As they made their way to the table, a boisterous old man complained about the wait. Amani flinched at the boom of his voice across the otherwise delicate and muted chamber. Her husband's voice entered her mind soon after, <Obonxious. His House ought to be embarrassed.> The Organas had only just arrived. It was hardly an agonizing wait.

Most of the attendants began to turn their attention to the congregation of house representatives; Maeve was a familiar sight, and a welcome one at that. Amani recognized a few of the Senators and other Alderaanian nobles, albeit mostly through vague relocation rather than personal acquaintance. The rest were unfamiliar, and as things were underway there wasn't time to dwell on them. Amani listened calmly as Alicio spoke, the strain at acknowledging Faith's disappearance already palpable in his voice. She rested a hand over his, but otherwise remained silent for now.

Succession-Banner.jpg
white.png
"Thank you, Senator. Enjoy the proceedings."

Maeve canted her head to the side, the closest thing Damian would get to a bow, before she watched him drift away to another lonely guest. He seemed a good man. Unlikely to be an assassin. On the other hand, Damian's next victim, the strange woman in the simple cloak, had a mysterious air about her, one that set Maeve on edge.

She didn't seem alone in feeling that, either.

"May I ask who your tailor is?"

Maeve turned to the gruff voice that appeared beside her, finding a dark-haired man with dead-green eyes. She wasn't spooked, though she had to admit her surprise at how easily he came close without her noticing. Just who was this man?

"Unless you're looking to wear a dress yourself, that's none of your concern," Maeve said, turning away from him and back to the crowd. The man had asked a simple, harmless question, and yet she wasn't keen to entertain him.

Not until he pointed out her cover with a close whisper.

Maeve sized him up. Had he listened to her conversation with the Senator, or was he also part of the security, another agent sent by the Alliance to make sure things went smoothy? He seemed awfully suspicious, but she didn't question it. There was no reason to.

If he was a Sith, he wouldn't have approached her to make small talk.

She sighed, then scratched at her collar again. "The dress isn't practical, if you must know, but assassins tend to ignore women in sparkling gowns when searching for a threat. Of course, I see that didn't stop you from noticing me. Am I really that obvious?"

Whatever his response, it wasn't long after that the assembly finally began. Although guests made for their seats and Alicio waxed on about his time with the Queen, Maeve stayed where she was, tucked in that secluded alcove. She only waited and listened.

All that mattered was—who would be the first to speak?

Engaging: Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

A pair of finely-manicured blonde eyebrows arched at that. Perhaps, the courts of Alderaan shared more similarities with those of Ukatis than she had imagined. As the proceedings began, Cora glanced around in earnest – no one was brandishing a weapon and declaring their thirst for Organa blood just yet, and hopefully things wouldn't devolve into violence.

She imagined that both Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze and Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan would be quick to act if that ended up being the case. Succession crises could get tense, especially given handful of contenders prowling around the open throne.

That thought made her gut twist, but she suppressed the urge to grimace. Ukatis would be facing something similar in the coming years, and Cora's position within the royal family was precarious enough. As Alicio Organa Alicio Organa opened the floor for debate, she made an effort to catch his eye and deliver a slow, solemn nod while subtly raising her wine glass. The Princess was here to offer her support for Alicio and Amani Serys Amani Serys and act as a character witness, if necessary. If one were to write out the humanitarian deeds of both the Duke and Duchess, the list would go on for miles.

Excusing herself from a one-sided conversation with an aging minor aristocrat, Cora found herself seated next to a rather elegant looking red-head. The dress was perhaps a bit too revealing for her conservative tastes, but dear Ashla she pulled it off well enough that Cora could feel a bit of envy tickling her chest.

"Madam," she dipped her head in a gesture of greeting, adjusting the muted cerulean skirt of her gown with a free hand. "I love your hair."

She smiled politely and tilted her wine glass towards the front of the room. Her voice was low enough so as to not disturb the conversations around them.

"Do you think they'll come to a decision easily?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom