Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Azure Imperium

grnr4.jpg

The Azure Imperiumhttp://starwarsrp.net/groups/1221-azure-imperium/

[SIZE=11pt]Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read our faction ad. We’re all seen them before, we all need them, but I thought I’d try something different. So I’m going to treat this a little like a question and answer session, asking the questions I’d like to know about a new faction out there. If you have any thoughts or questions feel free to leave a message here or send either [member="Lance Claw"] or myself a DM through the site.[/SIZE]

What is the Azure Imperium?
[SIZE=11pt]The Azure Imperium is at its core a light-sided Imperial faction based on Imperial Rome. There are a lot of other Imperial Factions out there, the First Order, the Jen'ari and The Sith Empire, in particular, do an amazing job of providing an opportunity to play as Imperial Factions that tends towards the darker end of the curve. However, for some of us, my friends and I included, that wasn’t really what we were looking for. We love the idea of an Imperial Faction but didn’t want to play one which was evil. So we decided to make our own so we found a cool faction from canon and the Azure Imperium was born. After that it was easy, the board has seen Vikings, it’s seen the Egyptians, but we particularly loved Rome, so now it’s time for the Romans and Greeks to rise. [/SIZE]

Wait a minute, didn’t I read something about the Azure Imperium in Canon?
[SIZE=11pt]Good Memory, why yes you did. The original Azure Imperium was an early empire based in the Anaxes system that was subsumed by the growing influence of Coruscant before the rise of the Old Republic. It was barely a stub of a faction, just a passing footnote in history, but it gave us an idea. Not everyone would be happy to bow to Coruscant, so what if those disaffected left the core, heading to the Outer Rim to continue the story of the Imperium? That’s where our faction comes in, a faction in the Rim that’s been developing for thousands of years and is now ready to face the galaxy. [/SIZE]

Well, that does sound cool, but where do the Romans come in?
[SIZE=11pt]Well,[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] that would be because of the Hellyni and Hora, the capital planet of the Imperium, Zernia, is a colony of Hora, a planet based on the greeks. It was the influence of the Hellyni on the Imperium Exodus that created the trappings of Rome that you’d recognise. From the Senate to the Legions, their influence is everywhere. [/SIZE]

So, that sounds fun, but what can I do in the Faction?
[SIZE=11pt]Well, the best answer to that is anything. There are several pillars to the Imperium, and they’re all open to RP letting your slot a character in wherever you want to. Foremost amongst these, of course, are the political Pillars, the Imperial Family and the Senate:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Imperial Family: No Empire can truly call itself that without a ruler, and in the case of the Azure Imperium that would be Alexander Azure. But, no family can exist for thousands of years without starting to branch out and spread, and that’s the case with the Imperial Family. Although only the main branch of the family adopt the name Azure, the actual Imperial family act as his emissaries fulling roles in the government that you can only put someone you trust, or maybe someone you shouldn’t. The Imperial family wield significant power in the name of the Emperor, and the closer to the line of succession you are, the more power you wield.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Senate: A ruler who wields absolute power is a bad day from becoming a dictator, a tyrant, and even though the Azure family are brought up with the idea of service to the Imperium at the core of their upbringing, it would be too easy for a bad egg to take the Imperium into ruin. To prevent that, the founders of the Imperium took the power of the legislative and invested it in the Senate, a collection of politicians elected by the people to represent them. The power of rulership in the Imperium is therefore split between the Senate and the Imperial throne. Where the Emperor is the executive, the Senate is the legislative, with control of drafting laws and the budget. Every senator who wishes to aspire to higher office has had to serve time in the Legions, and in times of war may be asked to return to take up command positions. During peacetime, senators are granted various powers and responsibilities based on the offices they hold, each of which they have to be elected to. [/SIZE]

So, that’s all political, but what happens if I wanna fight someone?
[SIZE=11pt]Well, this is Star Wars after all, where would any Imperial faction be without it’s military to play around with? The Military of the Azure Imperium takes the form of 2 types of legions, the Legio Astra, and the Legio Terra. The military is a combined arms force, both the ground forces and the navy of the Imperium fall under one united command structure, the Legions. Anyone can apply to join the Legions, whether a citizen or not, in fact, a term of duty in the Legions is perhaps the best way to secure citizenship in the Azure Imperium. The top ranking military commanders form the War Council, answering directly to the emperor and advising him on all military and warfare matters in the Azure Imperium. The legions offer a place for people to play at all levels of the military, from a soldier in a legion, to a member of the elite Praetorian Guard to the upper levels of command. [/SIZE]

What about the Force?
[SIZE=11pt]The Azure Imperium is an inclusive faction, anyone who wants to come and play in the sandbox can. We even have an independent force tradition, the Church of Light, that takes a step back from the usual emphasis on the light and dark sides of the force. Instead, the church looks at the intent behind your actions, whether you wanted to hurt people or help them. It is aware of an energy field connecting all living things, well most anyway, what it calls the light and the rest of the galaxy calls the force. The church doesn’t worship the light, it believes that the interconnection of life is a sign that we should take care of one another and so provides pastoral care to the citizens of the Azure Empire, providing a non-governmental source of aid and comfort for people who need it. The Church is also responsible for training native force users. Of course, non-native force users are welcome to the Azure Empire either joining with the church or independently within the Empire. The Azure Imperium welcomes anyone who wants to join, no matter who or what they are as long as they abide by the rules of the Imperium.[/SIZE]

Wait wait, it almost sounds like you’re telling me you’ve got a neutral force tradition.
[SIZE=11pt]You’d be correct, the Church of Light, despite its name, is a neutral force tradition, one that doesn’t distinguish between the light and dark side of the force, but instead focuses on the individual and their intention. As a tradition, the church of light focuses on the elemental side of the force, it’s ability to manipulate the environment. A force tradition that mixes elemental mages with paladins able to use the energy around them to enhance their physical abilities. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The church is made up of several orders, one focused on pastoral care, one focused on healing, one focused on protecting the citizens, and one focused on attacking and dealing with enemies of the Imperium. If you want to get involved, there's somewhere for you to jump in.[/SIZE]

Well, that all sounds good, but why should I join the faction?

[SIZE=11pt]Well, honestly because it’s a chance to have fun in an Imperial setting without having to necessarily be darker or evil. It's a chance to roleplay with nice people and have a fun time. The Azure Imperium is a fledgeling faction with room to grow and develop in any way its members want to. But more than that, it’s a faction of friends, where you can grow your characters stories in an ever developing sandbox. We’ve got a lot of fun planned for the Imperium, so if you’re interested then we’d be happy ot have you, or to answer any questions you might have. If you'd like to join the faction then please click HERE, we'd love to have you and get to know you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, have fun and enjoy the RP.[/SIZE]

Azura Imperia

Zeke Tune

Your Secret Dark Obsession
This sounds like a blast to be honest. I'll keep my eye open for any ship/armor designs, and send them to you in a DM to see what you think. I love searching for stuff. Good luck with it all!

Iturizu Yuvie

Be carfule what you wish for
I certainly like this idea you have and it could be something this character joins as they adhere to imperial doctrine but after being betrayed while in the Galatic Empire has given up the dark side. I could definelty see them joining such a faction in the future. [member="Lunara Azure"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom