Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Axis Powers

KESSEL SYSTEM, KESSEL
PRE-FABRICATED GARRISON

Recent events in Galactic history had spurned the creation of a new entity. Born from the ashes of the Ithor Conference, from which every member of this new coalition will depart, a congregation of leadership and nations have united under a single banner. Through trust, comradeship, and an immense desire for mutual prosperity, these leaders have traversed the Galaxy in order to meet on Kessel and thereby begin a new era. The great alliance known as the Axis Powers had come to the Galaxy, and the time had come for their official emergence on the world stage. Arriving in a quiet, humble conference room within a pre-fabricated base which had been erected by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the first member of the Axis Powers took his place at the conference table.

Genesis Rostu, Grand Marshal of the CIS, had arrived and awaited the entrance of his fellows. Today would be most auspicious indeed, and the Galaxy would tremble in the face of their unified might.

@[member="Tyrin Ardik"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"], @[member="Domino"].

Sargon Vynea Governor of Bakura was amused at the location of the conference, but there was no denying it was out in neutral territory, easily secured. Accompanied by the battleship Defender the pirates on Kessel had no doubt been keeping themselves hidden under rocks. The Zabrak had already arrived at the disclosed location for the rather low key conference on what would effect the entire galaxy. Greeting the leader of the CIS he put out his hand, "Grand Marshal Rotsu, its an honor to met a man who's done so much for clone rights. My name is Governor Sargon Vynea of Bakura, and as a fellow soldier I must say, I like what you've done with your part of the galaxy."

Blissfully unaware that this would be his last act as Sith Emperor, Tyrin was in attendance. This was what he had been striving for as Emperor- the opportunity to cement the political supremacy of the Sith over the unkempt masses that were the Protectorate dogs, Republic rodents, Mandalorian savages, and the Atrisian fools. Not long ago, the Empire had stood alone. With precious few, if any, allies that could be called upon. Now it was time to turn the tables back into the Empire's favor. Perhaps Tyrin's reign would not be known as one of unlimited, ruthless conquest... But it would be the one that saw the shift in political powers align back in the Empire's favor.

And at the end of the day, when all was said and done, that was all he really wanted.

Lord Admiral Dranok Lussk, High Commander of the Fringe fleets, strode into the assembly room. Knight Jared Ovmar and Governor Vynea had accompanied him here. Dranok merely stood idly by Sargon, awaiting the chance to jump into the conversation when it came down to military affairs. Granted, he was a man of authority, but politics weren't his forte.

Short post is short.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared stood on the bridge of the Retribution and smiled. It was good to be in power. The Grand Admiral had given him her confidence and trust. As of now he spoke with her voice and authority. He came a long way from a common thug and conman to this. Now he had been invited with Lord Sargon to a meeting with leaders of certain other factions. He was curious what this would be about, but patience is a virtue. Jared would find out soon enough.

" Transmit a message to Grand Marshal Rostu. We have arrived and would like to receive clearance for landing."

Then he sat down in his comfortable chair and took a sip from his mug of coffee. Finally he was able to drink the sodden substance without any interruptions.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Governor, I simply do what I can." replied the clone, "The Fringe Confederation has been doing incredibly well as well! I am delighted to see that all is going well." As the words escaped his lips, he rendered a firm handshake to his new acquaintance and then addressed those who were arriving. First and foremost was giving clearance to land to one of the Fringe's incoming ships, which was done promptly. "You have permission to land, welcome to Kessel."

With that said, the clone stood at the head of the table, inhaled a calming breath, and began.

"My friends, it is time we stand united. The Treaty of Ithor was a wonderful document that aligned the smaller nations of the Galaxy into a thriving community of cooperation. However, this day, we form a new community. Born from the Treaty of Ithor, we shall be full allies with one another: the Confederacy, the Fringe, and the Empire. We shall trade with one another, support one another on the field of battle, and together usher in a new era of Galactic peace and prosperity."

"Your attendance here denotes that the founding members of the Axis Powers are all in agreement. The Fringe, the Confederacy, and the Empire will stand united; and will open its doors to other nations to join our midst as well. I would like to invite the Black Sun Syndicate to join us, if they so choose."

@[member="Domino"], @[member="Tyrin Ardik"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"].

Leaning back into his chair Sargon nodded, and added one note. "While I can see certain benefits I believe we all know as soon as this is signed and made public what the entire galaxy will think. Signing this treaty is in all honesty a deceleration for gaining more resources and territories. Lets make this honest then, who are we looking at first?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared had arrived just in time to hear Rostu's magnificent speech and his partner's response. He had to surpress a smile. For Sargon's words rang true, he would never have put it so bluntly. But that was why he liked the man, always spoke his mind.

He sat down in the chair next to the man and nodded to all of them.

"Gentlemen, this surely sounds interesting. The Fringean military would not mind to support this endeavour, but like Lord Sargon has already said. We are among friends and allies, why not make our intentions clear to all?"

"I agree, Governor." said the clone. Seating himself in his chair, the man steepled his fingers and contemplated an answer to this inquiry. "If there are no objections, I would say the Omega Protectorate. They are a militant threat of the highest caliber, a threat the security and peace of the people of the Confederacy. What say you all?"

@[member="Tyrin Ardik"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"].

Standing up Sargon took out a datapad and simply looked at the galactic map. It was bound to happen in the end, and here it was the meeting that would plunge entire sectors into the flames of war. Was this good for the Fringe, yes between the CIS and Fringe they could pull a complete pincer. As for if it was good for the man, Sargon would decide later his own course in this war. "I don't suppose the Omega Protectorate would simply surrender? No, I suppose they won't but, it was a hope. We agree this is total war? We agree though here, and now civilians shall be treated with mercy." He'd just agreed to do something the galaxy would feel for quite some time, and he wasn't sure he liked himself for it.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared could not hold his laughter anymore and let it rang across the room.

"Gentlemen, I think we are in agreement here. The Fringean Military will of course support this beautiful endeavour."

"Before we make an official declaration of war, there are a few things that must be resolved first. No doubt, word of the Axis Powers' emergence will inspire fear in the part of the Omega Protectorate leadership and hasten attempts to reforge the relationship they once held with the Republic. As such, I do believe that it is in our best interests to encourage that door to remain closed, and to encourage the same of the Atrisian Empire."

With that said, the clone tapped on the terminal which was built into the conference table itself and opened a line of communication directly to the Supreme Chancellor's office. Ah, the perks of an alliance. On the Chancellor's end, the Grand Marshal's azure projection would come into view and a respectful nod rendered.

"Supreme Chancellor, I come to you with news. The Ithor Conference has been dissolved, and replaced with a congregation known as the Axis Powers. This union is formed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Fringe Confederation, and the Sith Empire to date. Chancellor, I will be quite honest with you, the drums of war are beginning to sound and the Omega Protectorate is the supposed recipient. However, in light of the previous alliance you once held with the Omega Protectorate, the Axis is issuing a term of insurance to the Republic."

"So long as the Republic does not ally with, nor assist the Omega Protectorate in any way during the coming days of war, no strife will be directed towards the Republic. Furthermore, the alliance between the Republic and the Confederacy will continue to stand, in light of your decision to remain outside of this conflict. If you choose to join us in this endeavor, you will have our highest gratitude and possibly an invitation to join the Axis Powers."

"So, what say you? Will you join us in this Crusade, or will you simply choose to stay out of the Conflict? Or...will you choose to assist the Omega Protectorate and guarantee the fires of war upon the Republic as well? This latter outcome is what I'd like to prevent, so I implore your cooperation with this term."

@[member="Philip J. Halen"].

The Lord Admiral shot a glance over at the voice of the Grand Admiral, @[member="Jared Ovmar"]. "I think I'm gonna end up having some fun." He chuckled, dreaming of the vast Fringe fleets that would loom over Protectorate planets.

Non-verbally, Dranok voiced his approval via a massive grin.

The image of Philip Joseph Halen, the Interim Chancellor showed on the screen. The man did not flinch or seem to even be bothered by the news. He had seen enough terror in the span of his near two day reign as Supreme Chancellor that nothing scared him now. He knew well he was facing likely impeachment due to his actions that led to peace with the CIS, peace that now led to the offer on the table right now, one that would end the war that the Republic was facing.

Ah, but at what cost? Their alliance with Omega Pyre.... It was a risk, for sure... But... His mind travelled back to Polis. And then their attempts to use it to blackmail them, and of course... They had also not given them a single inch of support since, nor had they agreed to terms with former Chancellor Aleidis to remove the man who had killed thousands of Republic soldiers, from power.

And thus, this decision was rather easy for Halen.

"You give a tempting offer, my friend" Halen said with a slight smirk. "And if I agree to this, then there will be no more war, we are on friendly terms?" he asked simply.

@[member="Genesis Rostu"]

"That is correct Chancellor. Should you agree to these terms, then the Axis will be on friendly terms with the Galactic Republic. The strife that had nearly consumed us in recent days will finally come to a finite end, by your hand."

@[member="Philip J. Halen"].

Sargon said nothing as what could very likely be the fate of the Omega Protectorate was sealed by the weak stomach of the Republic. There was no justifying this war, it was in all simple truth a move for influence, and power amongst the small who had emerged as powers. Indeed it might even be considered a necessity in the minds of the Fringe, and the CIS to simply dominate the power that had held them in check so long. Either way it was undisguised ambition, and need to grow into an absolute power of the galaxy. In response to such blatant aggression the Republic had chosen simply to close their eyes, and sit on their hands. In Sargon's mind he knew it was only a matter of time before the atrophy that was the Republic also feel to the power that sat in this room, and on that day they would be alone, as they had left the Protectorate.

"Time is of the essence then. If we are going to strike, we strike while the iron is still hot. The Fringe fleet will arrive here, at Thyferra. As for you, Grand Marshal Rostu, I'm going to guess the biggest blow for you would be Naboo. I've heard lovely things about it, and it will be a blow to their heart." His guess was more a stab at trying to understand the mind of the Grand Marshal, wrong or right it would show him something about the man.

"Then I accept" he said. "We will not offer aid to Omega Pyre, who has not offered us any support whatsoever in this situation, in this coming war between you" he said simply.

"As for aiding the Axis Powers in the future...." he began. "For now, we will stay out of this conflict. If there comes a time where it feels right, then perhaps we will lend aid, and possibly join the AP if the offer is ever made" he said. "For now, I am happy we are able to come to an agreement"

"As am I," began the clone with a growing smile. "On behalf of the Axis Powers, I thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I sincerely hope that your term continues to be characterized by the successful obtainment of peace. Until next we speak, I bid you a fond farewell." And with that, the connection was ended...and a second transmission began. This one was to the Emperor of the Atrisian Empire; for now they had to cover their final base before striking whilst the iron was hot.

"Governor, I simply ask patience. Let us handle these affairs, and then begin." he said, then turning his full attention to the transmission. Once the connection was fully established, he spoke clearly and with confidence.

"Emperor Kahoshi, there are matters that I would like to discuss with you. As of this moment, the Ithor Treaty has been terminated, and a new coalition of nations has been formed. We are called the Axis Powers and consist of the Confederacy, the Fringe Confederation, and the Sith Empire as of this moment. This transmission is to inform you of a single truth, that you may either accept or decline. Your decision this day decides the relationship the Axis and the Atrisian Empire will have from here on out."

"In the coming days, the fires of war will be ignited and shall consume the Omega Protectorate. In exchange for your solemn vow not to ally with, nor assist, the Omega Protectorate in any way whilst the battles rage, the Axis will agree not to turn its sights upon the Atrisian Empire. Should you decline, this guarantee will not exist and we shall see you on the field of battle."

"The choice is yours Emperor Kahoshi. What say you?"

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"].

"Tha Black Sun, too, will stand with this alliance. Though it needs a bloody name change." Her voice was oh so tired yet it carried her customary confidence from the shadows out of which she strode. "Sorry I'm late, there were some unsanctioned pirates that needed to be put down." Joining the others around the table, she nodded to each of the powers represented. "Please do not take this as a lack of commitment, I assure you it will not happen again." Though the way the short Twi'lek spoke, she could have meant being late or unsanctioned pirates.
@[member="Genesis Rostu"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Tyrin Ardik"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Emperor received the transmission, a frown settled on his face. He had not expected the Ithor Treaty to last, but it was unexpected for it to end this swiftly and in such circumstances. There had been no rumors in the intelligence community, in fact it almost seemed the alliance was coming from no where. Unfortunately, he was left with a decision he was not terribly fond of. Not that it was much of a decision. Long ago Akio had accepted that sometimes a leader had to do the unpalatable if it was for the good of his people.

"Very well Grand Marshall, you have my word that Atrisia will not assist the Protectorate."

He ended the transmission at that, not feeling the need to explain himself further. There were many things that needed to be done. The Empire was sorely behind now, and that was unacceptable. The Protectorate was surely doomed, but all his sources had already shown the government was collapsing anyway. They likely would not have survived the year, now it was certain they would not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom