Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Avidon Oligarchy Q&A

Yoru Shakou

// The Avidon Oligarchy \\

fenrir_without_ring_by_hafu_inuyasha-d58k2la.jpg

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Avidon Oligarchy, also known as the Magrath Barony, or simply The Oligarchy, is a planetary government established by Baroness Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath in the wake of the collapse of the Sith Empire in roughly 835 ABY.

The Avidon Oligarchy is an Oligarchical Magocracy located in the Avidon System; a region of space that is currently situated between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians. Originally inspired by the fall of the Sith Empire, it is meant to serve as a hidden refuge for many of the former members of the Sith Empire that were being persecuted and hunted down by the Republic, Jedi, Mandalorians and the since defunct Fel Imperium. As such it has a hidden temple titled 'The Sepulchre' which mimics and takes inspiration from many different Sith Academies and Temples throughout history.

Unique in is positioning as well as it astrographical make up, the entire system is surrounded by three dense asteroid fields with only one viable hyperspace route into the system. Internally the system is split into an inner and outer system. As the Avidon Oligarchy sees itself as welcoming refugees and peaceful, they are none the less capable of defending themselves. A large portion of their strength comes from former commands of the Sith Empire from both armed forces and naval commands which have been folded into the System Defense Fleet and System Defense Forces.

With their neighbors being a reason for the collapse of the Sith Empire, it is the Oligarchy's goal to present itself as neutral and peaceful with no religious ties to the Sith or any other Dark Side order. A secondary and much more of a long term goal is to turn the Republic and Mandalorians upon each other to allow for the Oligarchy to ensure its place as an independent stellar government in the region that it inhabits.

The recent rise of the Shadow Empire, Order of Silver Jedi and the Levantine Sanctum are of a great concern to the Oligarchy, viewing these organizations are potentially hazardous to the safety of the Oligarchy.

What are your Goals?

• Establish the Avidon Oligarchy as a regional power
  • Secure the position of the Avidon Oligarchy and remain neutral in conflict between the Republic and Mandalorians
  • Infiltrate the Republic and the Mandalorians
  • Turn the Republic and the Mandalorians against each other by fostering ancient rivalries and political strife between the factions
  • Secure guarantees of their independence from Major Factions beyond the Republic and Mandalorians
  • Secure alliances with said Major Factions to ensure their position in the Galaxy as they grow

What types of characters fit within the Avidon Oligarchy?

There are many types of characters that would be fitting and suited for the Avidon Oligarchy. Primarily those that are from the former Sith Empire, however this is not a prerequisite for joining. As such many other military and security minded characters are welcomed, however the primary influence and emphasis will be on those with a more diplomatic or intrigue based skill set such as diplomats and spies. While Force Users are welcomed, mainly those of either the Dark Side or Grey persuasion, the Avidon Oligarchy keeps its religious body as a secret and does not hold any official ties to such orders.

Due to its core focus on diplomacy and intrigue, while also attempting to keep attention from itself, many of those with a criminal based character will not be as welcomed. However this is not to say that from time to time the Avidon Oligarchy wouldn't see use in such characters. Those that work as Pirates or in general terms of criminal acts may be approached and hired by spies or other agents of the Avidon Oligarchy for contract work.

What makes you different from similar Dark Side or Sith Empire Groups?

This is a very important question, and one that must be carefully considered. The Avidon Oligarchy shares many similarities with many of the other dark sider groups that have popped up and continue to do so after the fall of the Sith Empire. The important factor of difference between those groups and the Avidon Oligarchy is its shift in focus. Many Dark Sider groups focus on the Force Users, however the Avidon Oligarchy is intended to focus more on the non-force users that serve an important part of every faction. Additionally while they are some Dark Sider characters in the Avidon Oligarchy or those whom are Force Users, their influence would not be as heavily emphasized as it would be in other Dark Side Factions.

The priority of the Avidon Oligarchy is that of Diplomacy and Intrigue. It understands the importance of presenting oneself as a friend and not as an enemy. By removing many of the Force User focused governmental positions and retaining a balance between position holds that are and are not force sensitive, it separates itself from other similar factions.

First and foremost the Avidon Oligarchy is not looking to rebuild the Sith Empire in its own image, nor is it intending to spread the philosophy of the Sith Order across the galaxy. While yes the Sith Order is the unofficial religious body, i.e. Sith knowledge, history, etc etc, beyond the myriad of current break away Sith Order factions, the primary focus is on the people that make up the Avidon Oligarchy while drawing focus away from single powerful force users.

What is in the Future for the Avidon Oligarchy?

The Future of the Avidon Oligarchy is one that is to be crafted by its members. While I have so many views, plans and visions for it that I will in my best attempt to put forward, nurture and see grow; I know that it is the members of the Oligarchy that will truly dictate its future. It is my hope that with those members whom join, we can produce a faction that will bring about new and exciting threads and story lines that would draw characters together and produce more enjoyment for the members of the site.

It is ultimately the members and working with them that the future of the Avidon Oligarchy will become apparent. Thus I ask those that are interested to join, or if you have questions or criticism, please bring them up. I would like to hear from you and I hope to see you join the Avidon Oligarchy.

Will you abandon this Faction like your others?

This is a question that I've allowed to develop through my own actions and unfortunately though events in real life that I had no control of when they occurred (usually health related in nature). I have a track record of making things and otherwise abandoning them rapidly, a track record which I regret having and I hope to rectify in the coming months. I have visited the Avidon Oligarchy and before that the Magrath Barony on multiple occasions, with each time resulting in its abandonment.

I have no one to blame for this record other than myself. I also understand fully that many of the veteran members of the site will shy away from this faction until proof of its establishment and solidarity with its activity. I can say that I plan to stick with this faction, as the Baroness is a character that is one that I always feel bad when I abandon her.

While I have multiple characters active, they will for the most part be secondary to the Baroness and this endeavor of the Avidon Oligarchy.

Further Notes

As always, I encourage comments, questions and concerns that you may have. I will seek to answer these to my best ability and to your satisfaction.

Yoru Shakou

Quoting a quote that is attributed to Gandhi. "I think it would be a good idea".

The Avidon Oligarchy would, much like any faction, view the One Sith with caution. Whilst there have been numerous rising and failings of offshoot factions from the Sith Empire, the One Sith is unique in that it has managed to capture a great deal of territory. However with this coupled along with the fact that there is no physical, or rather no public head (Yes I understand that there is an NPC Dark Lord), it would be difficult to approach such a faction.

At this moment, as mentioned, the Avidon Oligarchy would view and think of the One Sith as a faction that must be dealt with cautiously. Dealings with them, be they open or secret, would require a great deal of careful thinking, caution and sleepless nights with both eyes open. At the same time, the Avidon Oligarchy would also require itself to make overtures to show that there is no interest or otherwise no open desire for relations with the One Sith due to the Oligarchy's situation (that being its location between the Mandalorians and the Republic) as any such interaction or otherwise close ties to the One Sith could potentially be disastrous to the Oligarchy.

[member="sabrina"]

Thank you [member="Alask Diruno"] . While most of what is posted is copy pasted from an older post, I will be looking over this as well as the faction overview post in the coming weeks to expand upon the various areas as needed.

An alliance would be most beneficial to the Oligarchy in maintaining its independence. [member="Darth Vornskr"]

Yoru Shakou

There is always room for potential members or even those interested that just a little bit of a push to solidify their commitment. [member="Alask Diruno"]

Yoru Shakou

While the Dar'Manda is interesting and an alliance would be helpful, I would need to be cautious in doing so. Any such alliance could not be public due to the potential attention that it could bring the Oligarchy if they were to harbor Mandalorians that were exiled from Mandalorian space. The Oligarchy is in a very fragile state of being due to its positioning between the Mandalorians and the Republic.

For this reason alone I am being very careful and cautious with whom the Magrath Family and the Oligarchy itself has ties with.

[member="Dral Ordo"]

Yoru Shakou

Much of the Oligarchy needs are met by its leader's company Magrath Industries. However, with that said, forging a business relationship with Krayt Industries could be potentially lucrative and helpful for the survival of the Magrath Family, the Avidon System and the Oligarchy.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

We primarily focus on starship creation (and anti-matter research but we keep that quiet), but we are expanding into the droid making market if any of that would interest the Oligarchy as we would certainly be happy with a highly lucrative partnership

Yoru Shakou

That would be helpful. There's currently an open thread titled 'The Magrath Family White Tie Formal'. If you post there we could get an IC meeting going. Just follow the rules posted at the bottom of the first post.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Yoru Shakou

I look forward then to our meeting in the thread. [member="Darth Arcanix"]

I would like to implore those that might be hiding and reading this to voice your questions, comments or concerns. I promise not to bite too hard whilst I answer them.

Yoru Shakou

The Avidon Oligarchy is still open for business and for members to join. The Baroness has been very active in working with the One Sith. Plans for a faction thread are in the works. Likewise, I am still accepting questions, concerns and other such related posts that I will answer to the best of my ability.

Yoru Shakou

For those that are looking for a faction to join, or one that is active, the Avidon Oligarchy is open and accepting members. If you still have concerns, questions or comments about the Avidon Oligarchy then please make them know. As I've mentioned countless times before, I will always endeavor to answer them to the best of my abilities.

The faction needs you to grow. There is only so much that myself or the members we have now can do to keep it going. Join today or if you are still unsure, speak up and converse. Information will be provided, all you need do is simply ask.

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

I see that the Avidon Oligarchy has been up for around a month now (It could be longer. I confess I haven't looked and I am going by the date of the creation of this Q&A). I know that the Avidon Oligarchy has been up before. I believe this is it's third time that you have attempted to start the Avidon Oligarchy up.

Getting to my questions: why did the Avidon Oligarchy stop in it's other inceptions? What is your intention for the Avidon Oligarchy now you have restarted it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom