Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Avidon Oligarchy Q&A

Yoru Shakou

The Avidon Oligarchy, originally the Magrath Barony at its first inception which later developed into the Oligarchy at its second inception, has been around as you've stated. In those attempts, I had either for some reason or another lost heart in the attempt. I had been active with the character, and as is my fault, I put my focus into another idea, or I had otherwise put the Baroness character on the back-burner, mistakes and decisions that I regret. In those times I had chosen to abandon a solid idea rather than stick with it when there was a lack of members joining the faction. Mistakes that I have thus far prevented myself from repeating due to my own decision and promise that I would not allow the Baroness or the Oligarchy to go inactive again as I had previously allowed.

My Intentions for the Avidon Oligarchy remain as they always have, and are even more important and it is vital that they continue to remain strong. I believe and see potential in the Avidon Oligarchy (a potential which it has sadly taken me this long to see). My intentions are to create a faction and rise it up that can provide story lines, threads and act in events. To provide a place where those whom feel their characters would not fit in would have a faction that they can call home. With the upcoming event in March I am even more determined to keep the Avidon Oligarchy active, to give it a chance to be put up on the big map as it would finally have room to breath.

Currently I see that it has great potential in stories alone due to its unique positioning as an independent minor faction that is surrounded by the Republic and Mandalorians. Thus the current intentions are to show that even a minor faction can stand in the Galaxy with the Major Factions. The Avidon Oligarchy is here to stay, and even if the Republic or the Mandalorians decide to turn their eyes unto the system the Baroness and the Magraths will endure and if they must, will reclaim their home.

First and foremost though my intentions for the Oligarchy will and have always remained the same. Provide story drive threads, story arcs and interactions to further the reputation and the overall experience one can have on the Chaos board.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Yoru Shakou

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Avidon Oligarchy, also known as the Magrath Barony, or simply The Oligarchy, is a planetary government established by Baroness Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath in the wake of the collapse of the Sith Empire in roughly 835 ABY.

The Avidon Oligarchy is an Oligarchical Magocracy located in the Avidon System; a region of space that is currently situated between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians. Originally inspired by the fall of the Sith Empire, it is meant to serve as a hidden refuge for many of the former members of the Sith Empire that were being persecuted and hunted down by the Republic, Jedi, Mandalorians and the since defunct Fel Imperium. As such it has a hidden temple titled 'The Sepulchre' which mimics and takes inspiration from many different Sith Academies and Temples throughout history.

Unique in is positioning as well as it astrographical make up, the entire system is surrounded by three dense asteroid fields with only one viable hyperspace route into the system. Internally the system is split into an inner and outer system. As the Avidon Oligarchy sees itself as welcoming refugees and peaceful, they are none the less capable of defending themselves. A large portion of their strength comes from former commands of the Sith Empire from both armed forces and naval commands which have been folded into the System Defense Fleet and System Defense Forces.

With their neighbors being a reason for the collapse of the Sith Empire, it is the Oligarchy's goal to present itself as neutral and peaceful with no religious ties to the Sith or any other Dark Side order. A secondary and much more of a long term goal is to turn the Republic and Mandalorians upon each other to allow for the Oligarchy to ensure its place as an independent stellar government in the region that it inhabits.

The recent rise of the Shadow Empire, Order of Silver Jedi and the Levantine Sanctum are of a great concern to the Oligarchy, viewing these organizations are potentially hazardous to the safety of the Oligarchy.
[member="Alicia Drey"]

Yoru Shakou

Yes. The Avidon Oligarchy has an open joining, there is no requirement for a faction admin to approve.

There are also still multiple openings in the upper echelon of faction leadership. Or if you would rather, there are multiple openings for the lower ranks as well.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Yoru Shakou

The Baroness would have no problem with meeting Krest. If there are any questions you might have, please ask them and I'll respond.

[member="Krest"]

Yoru Shakou

The Baroness is a Sith Acolyte, though it is not widely known to the Galaxy at large nor would such in character knowledge be known. If you wouldn't mind setting it up, however, as I am going on this in good faith, I request that this be a meet and greet.

[member="Krest"]

Yoru Shakou

I'll send you a pm a little later tonight to continue the discussion so we can keep the Q&A free for those inquiring about the faction.

[member="Krest"]

Yoru Shakou

The Avidon Oligarchy is an open faction. If there are still those that are hesitant to join, or have questions, concerns or comments, please make them known. I will endeavor to reply to them in a timely manner.

Likewise with the event set to start tomorrow, both the Baroness and the Faction will be very much active during the Netherworld event.

Yoru Shakou

I would like to implore those whom have any questions, comments or concerns about the Oligarchy to please voice them. It shall be highly active during the Netherworld event and all it needs to succeed and rise up is you! Do not be shy, and join today.

Yoru Shakou

As mentioned. If you have questions, concerns or comments, please make them known. If you would like to join the Avidon Oligarchy and are feeling unsure, contact me and I will do my best to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I believe that this faction can be a welcomed story producer, and that it can grow, yet I can not do it alone.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom