Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Thawing out the truth | AC dominion of Cadomai and Lur

5m5q-OKV-1.png

Adobe-Post-20210630-1644220-5303236132553285.png

Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana
Jedi Master Sir Blair Jedi Master Sir Blair
Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

The sight of the Beorni striding in to the fight initially caught Brimstone off guard, another monster to fight, he thought to himself. Brimstone was a giant of a man but this creature stood taller than him by a foot or more.

He was about to bark an order for some of his commandos to switch targets when he saw the creature raise a hammer and strike down the sith. Whoever he was, as long as they were at least for now on the same side, that was good enough for Brim. He watched as a pair of the many tentacles of the Rathtar were shattered by ice and he focused his own fire in the same spot, the creature writhed and lashed through the air making accurate targeting tricky, ichor dripped from the many wounds in its body.

Brimstone ducked as a tentacle lashed out toward him striking his helmet and briefly flaring out his visual sensors with electrical discharge.

"You want a piece of this monster, Beorni? Be my guest," he yelled over the din of battle in response to Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer . Across the room another of his Hades was seriously injured, the creature had managed to severe his limb, but to his credit he continued to fight as the squad medic attended to his damaged limb, the metal from his armour grinded with a horrible sound as the Rathtar chewed on it.

Then suddenly, it was gone, unknown to its assailants it had ripped open the wall behind it and disappeared into to. "Care men, this thing isn't finished with us, ambush will come and and could come at any moment."

There were groans in the metal surrounding them that seemed to come from all directions as the Rathtar looked for its next angle of attack.

Adobe-Post-20210630-1644370-4216384260687297.png

Equipment: SE-14r repeating blaster, red broadsaber, armored bodysuit, Risen Mynock

shadows near Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Twisted turned and buckled in on themselves as the fabric of realspace was pulled taught and torn as Lockdown stepped threw the former skeleton known as Ty Sibo now a amalgamation of eldritch force magic sith alchemy and machine parts. On his back a Broadsaber hilt ready to be pulled and ignited at a moments notice, as well as a old looking repeating blaster hugging the hip of his of his pants a synth leather jacket with green undershirt were work overtop on his armored bodysuit.

Reaching up he scratched under the chin of his Risen Mynock, a Mynock made from necromancy and poisoness plants as it perched on his shoulder.
"I believe I could assist you and your People Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Plus I could potentially be of use on your quest today."

Tags: Cedric Grayson, Eina L'lerim-Vandiir, Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich felt the shift in the Force as Lockdown made his presence known. There had been whispers of a strange being within the ranks of the Crusade, and admittedly, not all of them were positive. Heinrich couldn't blame his comrades; to have an individual so steeped in the Bogan was indeed reason to remain wary. Nevertheless, Heinrich believed that the man's convictions held true, and that within those convictions, they would find their way back from the accursed clutches of the darkness.

He offered a nod of acknowledgement as Lockdown saw to the mynock, a strange beast all on its own.

"Indeed you can. There is little we know about this cavern, and having someone with your unique abilities will certainly be of use."

He gazed back up the shaft. Several of the Sons of Ession were making their way down, landing one by one next to Heinrich.

"Ah, perfect timing."

He turned his attention back to the eldritch being standing before him.

"There seems to be an even larger chamber up ahead. I suggest the two of us scout ahead. The Sons of Ession can keep this area secure until everyone is down here safely."

He took a few steps toward the center of the cold chamber of the cavern, using his lightsaber as a makeshift torch.

"Looks like there's a passage in this direction. Lets start there."

Heinrich wouldn't even wait for the reply, as he was wanting to get moving. Something about the stillness of the cave made him feel uneasy, though he couldn't determine why. The sooner they unlocked the mysteries of this place, the sooner they could be on their way.

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Tags: Brimstone Brimstone Pietro Demici Pietro Demici
E Eric Vales

As the bombers finished their attack run and pulled back up the squadron leader looked behind him at explosions blossoming, every target succefully hit. The bombers pulled up sharply and out of the planet's atmosphere. Out of ordnance they would be replaced by fresh bombers, but there battle was all but over as far as fire support went.

"Good work squadrons, we all deserve a drink back aboard the carrier"

Back down on the ground, Isla looked at the holo. The enemy fortress was in tatters and defensive fire had ceased. With Ashlan troops running rampart inside, the defenders had much more pressing concerns.

"Well done general," commended Isla to her colleague. "Everything has gone according to plan. Reports of heavy fighting within the fortress but I am confident Brimstone, Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer , Pietro Demici Pietro Demici and Jedi Master Sir Blair Jedi Master Sir Blair can emerge victorious. Sometimes I wish I had the tricks of the Jedi so I could tell what is going on in there."

All she could do now was wait. She ordered more troops forward to begin salvaging the dead from the battlefield and to investigate. Then she noticed something on her holo, "Vales?" She uttered under her brearh. "What on earth is that girl doing in the middle of the battlefield?" She would be lucky if she didn't get herself killed, the battle was ending but this was still an active warzone with moving vehicles and risk of incoming fire from hold outs. "get an APC out to her location, see what she is doing and if necessary drag her back to base."

5m5qOKV.png

Sir Blair
Objective: Break in the rookies, and into the facility
Mentions: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

The Cardinal was there soon enough, amidst the battle that surrounded the Star Thistle. Sir Blair's eyes threw a glance towards Pietro and his head gave a quick nod. All of this took place in battle, to talk and fight was a skill most in the galaxy seemed to have mastered. He himself? He was fair enough at it, never a slouch when he could be the opposite. "I could sense it once the explosions settled. Maybe we should make haste to head on in after our comrades then? Eh Cardinal Demici?" Response came quickly to the Cardinal's words.

With all the dance of blades that happened around them, with the right push they could break this bloody defense and push deeper. The Star Thistle was well capable, and with the Cardinal by their side, they HAD to. What he meant, it was ingrained well in the Star Thistle's minds. Sir Blair WAS their superior, but he made great efforts to let them know whom his own superiors were. The Superior to the Superior he had called it, and it worked well on them.

'Someone that held reign over their Lord Captain Commander? Impress them, heed them, and do it all with a smirk. The Star Thistle pushed forth and seemed to be crippling the courtyard defenses. An opening to take.'

Calling_Card_for_Sir_Blair.gif

5m5qOKV.png

"It is a shame such a creature has been so warped." The large creature let out a heavy sigh as the monster faded from view. Calder stepped forward, crunching frozen bits of the creature under heavy foot falls. It was invisible to the eye, but it's corruption had the spirits all around filled with worry. To the Beorni, he could still clearly see the horrible thing. He stopped near where the creature had disappeared, his icy eyes closing. The spirits would guide him. Muscles tensed as the bear like creature suddenly roared and turned.

With a powerful swing of his hammer he unleashed another wave of ice. Pillars of the sharpened material soared between Brimstone Brimstone and his unit, though never once did the chilling substance reach them. Instead, they all pierced seemingly nothing. Thick blood would mix into the otherwise clear ice, freezing instantly as the Rathar came into view again. Pierced by numerous spears of ice. It struggled only for a moment, then it's body too was frozen. Calder stepped forward, through the group.

Then brought down his hammer to shatter it completely.

"Now, tell me who you are who would fight the Sith." Snow fell around the Beorni as he hefted his hammer onto his shoulder, his gaze focusing on Brimstone.

5m5q-OKV-1.png

Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana
Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

Brimstone relaxed and lowered his weapon as the gigantic Beorni smashed apart the cursed rathtar with a mighty blow, the electricity in the air dissipated rapidly as the monster made its final thrashings. The Gen'dai looked around, one Hades dead and another injured, this was unfortunate but his boys knew when they donned that armour they would be in the most dangerous fighting.

As Calder approached him, his reflex as to tense up and ready himself for a renewed fight, the Beorni had the height but he was certain he couldn't match the strength of a Gen'dai in a fight. But no, he wasnt approaching as an enemy, Calder spoke and Brimstone held out his hand in a gesture of friendship.

"Brimstone," he replied to Calder's introduction "Agent of the Ashlan Crusade now I guess" he chuckled, introductions were not his thing and he had no official role in the crusade, he was simply a lost soul found home with the warriors of the light.

"And what is your name?" he looked beyond Calder at the remnants of the rathtar, and the smashed remains of the Sith "that was an impressive display, and any enemy of the sith is welcome to share the battlefield with me, what brings you to Lur?" Brimstone opened his helmet with a hiss, as a sign of good faith, but also as a sign that if Calder thought to be aggressive, then he should know the monster he would have to face.

The Hades commandos had regrouped and were examining the station logs, so much of the data had been purged but there was still a lot to use, one of them placed a data spike that would allow the Ashlans to connect directly.

"Sir, the Sith are in full retreat, we think they are holed up in a landed light cruiser, but logs suggest it is in no state to fly"

Brimstone held up his hand to silence his men, the sith could wait a moment, he wanted to hear what their unexpected ally had to say for himself.

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Brimstone Brimstone , Jedi Master Sir Blair Jedi Master Sir Blair , Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

5m5qOKV.png

"Indeed, Sir Blair. The rest of our forces have reached the breach. I suggest we each take one team and push inward. The rest of our units may join once our remaining forces have entered the breach."

Pietro quickly signaled the Holy Guard that accompanied him to gather more of their unit. As they made their departure, Pietro threw his lightsaber up, instinctively blocking an incoming strike from a vibroblade. Locking blades with the wielder, Pietro found himself looking into the eyes of a large Devaronian, who met his gaze with a sinister smirk.

"You'll never win, Jedi filth. You will forever walk in the shadow of the Dark Side."

Pietro's eyes narrowed, and he called out to Ashla for strength.

"One can not walk in shadow when the Light melts the darkness away."

Gathering what energy he could, Pietro quickly broke away from the Devaronian, jumping back and resuming his guard. Just as soon as he had repositioned, his opponent was upon him again, hacking and slashing away. Each strike was met with Pietro's azure blade, preventing the Devaronian from landing a blow. Pietro could sense that his opponent was strong, but his attacks were unrefined; more like those of a mad dog than of a duelist. Pietro's eyes narrowed as he parried another strike.

"Enough of this!"

His free hand extended, channeling the Light through it as the Devaronian attempted another strike, sending him flying back. He crashed into the wall, and in his moment of exposure, Pietro struck him down.

By the time the fight was done, the Holy Guard had returned to the cardinal's side, ready to push into the facility itself. Turning back to Sir Blair, Pietro readied himself for whatever might be waiting within.

"On me Sir Blair, we rejoin our comrades now. Ashla wills it!"

With those words, Pietro led the charge to the front door, his guards following close behind.

5m5qOKV.png

The was a crack of blaster fire followed by the staccato of a repeater going off that. Greer looked across the courtyard at the defensive position from her hidden vantage, who were they shooting at? The Thistles were all in a different position, were the defenders so spooked they were firing at ghosts now? How far was it, maybe 60 paces, not far at all, but the courtyard was wide open and there was no cover between her and that Repeater. Looking down at her belt, damn, no more detonators. Looks like doing this the fun way.

She ignited her lightsaber, took a breath then began to run, issuing a battle cry "CRUACHAN!" she yelled as she ran in, saber held aloft blocking blaster fire. She felt the sting of a bolt narrowly missing her face, then moment later she was on them. Like a witch of battle she lept into the air, slicing cleanly through the barrel of the repeater and then taking out out gunner with her return swing.

Two more sith that had been using smaller blasters fired on her and she deflected the shots away. She pulled one towards her using the force, cutting him down. The other used this as his opening and managed almost managed to hit her. "Now now lad, nae need for that!" Jumped again and with a wide sweep she cleaved him in half.

She took a moment to catch her breath, down below she saw two figures, one was her master Sir Blair, and the other was the Priest, Demici, she had not met him face to face yet. "Nae time like tha present" she said aloud as she left off the high ledge, somersaulting through the air and landing not far from the two master jedi.

She stood to face them, she pushed her red hair back, smearing a little blood across her cheek where the Repeater had grazed her. "Did we get em, master?" She asked, her heart still pumping with adrenaline.

Lockdown Fallowed behind Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust while keeping silent. The truth was he was aware with where he was at the moment.
"Heinrich you realise your not going to find the entrance to what your looking for by wandering here?"
Opening another portal He extended his hand. "Come and stickclose i wouldn't want you to get snatched up by the many things before we get toyour destination." He spoke gently like a grandfather or a teacher would to their pupal or child.

Leading him threw the portal it would be a short walk however while walking threw it it was like looking threw a window giving the feeling of how really small they were in the grand scheme of the force. and the Nether. Golith creatures as big as mountains with teeth as big as cruisers verying ships and sizes all parted their path to make room for the two of them its uncertain if its from fear or aknowlagement of Ty's power and status. by the time they made it to the end of the portal the stroll threw the portal would be unsettling as living beings were never meant to see the things they see here other than the monsters Heinrich would be able to spot loved ones or squad mates that have parished looking onward at them as they made their walk before exiting the portal.

their current location was far unlike the chilling icy cave they came from but instead a lush garden with varying plants and flowers long since gone extinct but thriving and taken care of in this location. "here we are the entrance to the font of power. now heed my advice child, it's a very powerful nexus of the dark side. I was brought here by Abolith herself when she made me here champion you will see the beauty of this land as despite what the average Bogan is back during her time they utilized both light and dark to be very powerful beings like The Family. now this being said we cant remain here long or you cant as time flows different here and if the current of the force changes drastically it could lead to you being stuck here till it returns. I will guide you to the font of power and if you wish to drink from it you may but be carful not to gorge yourself on it as its power can easily corrupt just as easy as it can bestow emence power."

5m5qOKV.png

Tags: Brimstone Brimstone Pietro Demici Pietro Demici
E Eric Vales

Isla listened to her comm chatter as her command vehicle rolled closer to the walls, it sounded like things were going well inside the fortress, energy signals were diminishing, signifying reduced weapons fire. It looked like the Ashlan's may win this day.

" Pietro Demici Pietro Demici , this is Draellix, I have lost your signal, please can you update me with your situation and any additional support you may require. I am advancing along side further elements of the Sons of Ession to help clear up and secure the base. I am receiving the spike from Brimstone. Good work in there."

The Ashlan Crusade had gone from a rag tag group of rebels to a well oiled military machine with great leaders. With the secrets currently uploading to her servers, they could take even further steps to be cleanse and protect there small part of the galaxy. "General, I would like to take in some air, lets go an investigate this section here, she tapped a small building attached to the front of the wall. There has been very limited activity there, but there is a large energy signature for it." The General nodded and passed on the command, three IFV transports raced ahead of the heavy transport. He didnt have any intention of his Admiral being taken by surprise here.​

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich stopped in his tracks, thinking on what his companion had said. Could there really be more to this cave? Perhaps. Heinrich had felt something pulling at him within the frozen chamber, though he knew not its point of origin. As the portal opened, there was a part of him that wished to remain in the cave; to stay behind until the others had arrived. Despite the warnings screaming at him from every inch of his being, he decided to follow Lockdown's lead.

The portal opened, and Heinrich took a deep breath. He had only visited the Nether once before, and though some good came of it, the entire place made him feel uncomfortable. Mortals weren't meant to tread this plane of existence, and yet he kept finding himself walking the dreaded terrain of the Nether. He heeded his companion's words well, taking care to remain both close and diligent as they made their way through the treacherous path.

As they passed through the portal, Heinrich could see silhouettes of people within the Nether. They faces seemed obscured, almost inhuman, but he knew them all the same...

They were the faces of loved ones, of friends and colleagues that had been killed during the attack on Ession. Many were comrades that Heinrich had fought and bled alongside in the desperate defense of their home. Among the sea of dead faces, he couldn't help but to wonder... why him? Why was he spared such destruction, only to be brought face to face with those that weren't as fortunate?

He tried to push the thoughts from his mind as they exited the portal, turning his attention to the lush garden that now surrounded them. That's when he heard the words...

The Font of Power, could it really be so? Heinrich had heard the tales, even as a child. The Ones were an enigma to many, and Heinrich had often shrugged the stories off as what they were. Stories... nothing more. Yet, he could feel the energies of this strange place, and amidst the wave of intensity he felt from the very air around them, he looked to Lockdown once again.

"Show me."

5m5qOKV.png

Gwj6gFh.png

Tag (Only because its the first use of my friend finder) Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

There was darkness and a strong feeling of the force in the air as Hei picked his way through temple hidden away in the ice, he could feel a strange presence here, something that did not belong, something animalistic. He couldn't tell whether it was a prisoner, a guard or just a wandering beast, but he was a Jedi beastmaster and it was his duty to ensure whatever suffering it endured could not be allowed to continue.

He cycled through different wavelengths of light to try and pick up the clues, there was something in the ultraviolet, but otherwise he was relying on his gut and the force to guide him. There was a drumbeat in the air which Hei was not sure of the source, perhaps it was the creature itself, drumming on its lonely path guarding a forgotten tomb.

He spent another hour or so searching before he found more clues, a wall, it appeared to have been eaten though with acid, the acid itself had long since lost its potency, but judging by the size of the hole excavated, he was looking for a creature somewhere between a bantha and womp rat in size. He stepped through the hole and was met with warm, damp air. Maybe this was the creatures lair?

Switching to infrared, the surrounding air was at least 6 degrees warmer than outside of the entrance hole and the tunnel continued down at a shallow angle, before opening up into a large chamber of unworked stone. Here the drumming sounded louder and louder. He could feel the darkness increasing too, he must be getting closer.

Suddenly there was a grinding roar and the beast made its presence known. It looked like a huge beetle covered on dark armoured carapace, it's shell had what looked like words carved into in and its eyes glowed yellow. A Silooth! And a big one at that. The last thing that caught his eye as the beast vomited acid in his direction was the remains of a heavy metal band attached to a short length of broken chain around its leg, the creature had long since outgrown its restrain and the metal cut in, it must have been in agony.

The poor creature spat acid at Hei and he turned it away with the force and his reflexes. Once out of immediate line of sight he started singing, and old jedi Hymn that beastmasters used to calm the darkness in enraged beasts. Hei suffered with his mechanical sounding voice, but the power was not in the words, but in the balance that the hymn itself invoked.

Waves of power flowed through Hei as he shut his eyes and breathed calmly in a meditative state. His trance was not broken until he heard the quite, hissss of acid in front of him as the beast stood, inches away from his face, its glowing yellow eyes dimmed and its demeanor changed to that of a docile creature.

Hei opened his eyes again, and whilst singing, gently stroked the monster's face. He moved his hand down the creatures body on to its injured leg, the creature winced slightly as Hei reached down used the force to separate the metal. The creature oozed ichor from the wound, his veterinarian droids would be able to mend that, but this was still a sith beast and he needed to make sure it was comfortable.

"My friend, you must go somewhere you haven't been before....in there you will be safe and secure. Once I return to my ship I will bring you back to me and we will mend your leg." Hei looked the creature right in the eye and its pupil widened with understanding.

Reaching down to his belt he retrieved his Friend holder and placed it in front of the beast. The Silooth sniffed at it but Hei could not feel any fear through his connection.

Hei mentally spoke the command words and the Silooth was drawn into the device in a flash. Picking it back up, hei looked through the viewing window and saw his new friend inside, safe, and away from this dark place.

Lockdown lead Heinrich threw the garden as they walked Ty would make a turn going out of site from heinrich temporarily his form changing more as a illusion of the garden to match what ty looked like when he was still human. Before Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Ty would appear as a 18 year old with silver hair and blue eyes his hair tied off into a ponytail at the back of his head coming down to his shoulders his clothing that he was wearing before the illusion staying the same. Lockdown gave a sigh as they came to a small wooden gate a girl wearing a white gown trotted over as he unlocked the latch Inviting Heinrich to fallow the girl who looked about Lockdowns apparent age would give him a flower before skipping away turning to smoke leaving the man to let a sliver of his humanity show as a tear would form as he crumpled the flower. "One day ill see you again." Turning to Heinrich He gestered to the fountain picking up a stone bowl the stone looked unlike any found threw out the galaxy at the moment.

Looking to the fountain it was comprised of the same stone as the bowl and had inscriptions written in Jedi and sith dating back to the years of the prime jedi and Ajunta Pall back when the two groups lived in harmony with each other. Handing Heinrich the bowl Lockdown would step aside.
"this is the font of power if you wish to drink from it use this bowl, I will warn you not to drink more than one bowl for you might sucomb to the hunger for more power if you do."

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich pondered the power of his companion as Lockdown's appearance shifted. The nature of the man's abilities seemed vast, and yet indiscernible to one such as himself. This place seemed to only compound the power within the man, and Heinrich couldn't help but to wonder if it had something to do with the Font.

As Heinrich took the bowl in his hands, he could hear voices in the back of his head; faint shadows of a memory, locked in a never-ending cycle of guilt and regret. Among the voices, he could hear his old friends from Ession; their fear, their pain, their death. He had often thought about the defense of the planet, and the countless lives lost during the fight. In some ways, he had always blamed himself for not being strong enough. Perhaps, had he been more capable, he would have saved a few mores lives. Heinrich looked to Ashla in those times, and yet, impatience always found a way to creep back in.

He drew the water from the Font, holding the bowl between his hands as he stared into the strange, ethereal water. The cries of the dead continued to echo within his mind, begging him for help. He wasn't strong enough before, but perhaps, just perhaps... he could be.

Suddenly, through the tide of overwhelming guilt and frustration, a single, bright voice cut through the others, forcing him out of the near-trancelike state he was reaching. He knew not the source, but could only believe to be one.

Ashla...

Heinrich emptied the bowl back into the Font, handing the now empty vessel back to his companion.

"We should leave. It would not be wise to stay here."

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

The huge vehicle pulled to a stop nearby the location Isla was interested in, there had been a brief firefight between her infantry and a few defenders but not the action had subsided. She still wanted that walk, she wanted to see the facility that her forces had worked hard to capture. The seige proper was over and the air was quiet, with just sporadic blaster fire as her soldier cleaned up the last few Sith defenders.

He climbed down onto the snow, it crunched beneath her feet as she walked over. This had the looks of an advanced command centre, there were Sith emblems on the wall and at least two of the casualties looked like officers.

As she walked through there was clear signs that the Sith had been trying to move information. Large data spikes stuck out of the terminals, now covered with blood from the gunfight, and there were two storage crates, one locked and the other opened with hard drives and spikes half packed. In front of her was a holo of what looked like local Sith outposts and supply routes.

The place was a goldmine of information and would hopefully assist the war effort greatly.

"General," she commanded, "have the analysts comb this room for every last scrap of data" smiling she went and stood back by the entrance and let the wind blow through her long hair.

5m5qOKV.png

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Brimstone Brimstone , Jedi Master Sir Blair Jedi Master Sir Blair , Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

5m5qOKV.png

The inner portions of the facility had been largely cleared due to the endless efficiency of the Hades commandos, though the remnants of Sith studies left many mysteries to uncover. While Pietro had no desire to learn the ways of the dark, tainted alchemical methods of the Bogan, he understood the importance of knowing the mind of the enemy. He quickly put a message out to the Grand Admiral, assessing the situation to the best of his abilities.

<<Cardinal Demici to Grand Admiral Draellix. The inner parts of the facility are clear, but it appears that there are no limits to what the Sith are willing to do. We will require our science teams to investigate further.>>

He looked around the room, gazing upon the dead, mutated Rathtar that had been dispatched by his comrades.

<<There have been... experiments conducted here. Though the Sith may be cleansed from this planet, we must take care to ascertain their goals at such a facility. There are many... strange things here. It would be prudent to look into their purpose.>>

He wandered the room, taking care to note as many details as possible. His gaze fell upon Brimstone and his commandos, and Pietro placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"You and yours have done well. Ashla will certainly smile upon you all for your efforts."

His gaze turned to the stranger in the room; a large, alien individual, whose species Pietro was admittedly unfamiliar with.

"Your presence, while unpredicted, is most welcome. Ashla works in strange ways, and she has clearly brought you to us."

While Pietro was focused on the overwhelming success of the Crusade's attack upon the facility, he knew that the secrets therein would take many weeks to truly uncover. In the end, it was a task that the Crusade would be up to, and Ashla willing, would be able to put to use in the coming months.

To know your enemy was indeed the path to future success.

5m5qOKV.png

Lockdown leads Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust back to the edge of the garden reverting to his Omni form before summoning the portal, this time however as they walk threw it Lockdown stops and looks to the where Heinrich was watching when they first traveled together. "If you wish it Heinrich I can bring them back all you need do is ask I'm sure by now you understand the power I have, Others view it as a power beyond wildest dreams however i can attest such power is more of a curse. so in hindsight, I'm glad you didn't drink from the font. But if you miss those who died before their time i can bring them back for you." Lockdown stated before continuing to walk.

Upon making it to the other side they were back in the frozen caves Heinrichs forces waiting for him by the looks of things. Albeit one or two of the forces instinctually aimed their guns at Lockdown before lowering them at the sign of Heinrich. Lockdown didn't perceive the jester as a threat but took it in stride as he nodded to the soldier, "your trained well to fallow your instincts no need to be ashamed of it its not like gunning me down will perminatly kill me unfortunately not until my curse is lifted I'm afraid but good for you at keeping up on your training." Lockdown complimented the trooper.

Last edited:

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich's mind was racing with a constant flow of emotional chaos. Could this person truly hold the power to revive the dead? He accepted that his companion's power was likely far greater than he could imagine, and yet, the goal seemed so unobtainable. The thought kept running through his head; years of survivor guilt, cascading over and over itself, calling out to him.

You should have died, the voices would say. What makes you so special, that others had to lay down their lives, only for you to see another day? Heinrich did what he could to push the voices back, and yet, there they were, mocking him at every waking moment. He steeled himself as best as he could, trying to fend off the thoughts of resurrection. And yet... was it so wrong? Was it immoral to wish the innocent to live? He could not bear to think that the countless suffering dead were not allowed their second chance, especially when he had been graced with such an opportunity.

He took a moment to collect himself, pushing through the endless sea of tormented voices that echoed within his mind. There was only one truth, he would tell himself, only one true outcome to the very nature of existence. The answer was always death. It came for everyone, in due time, and though many were taken long before their due time, the reality of the universe was real nonetheless.

He looked to his companion, his heart heavy, and his head clear. Though there were many that were taken too soon, Heinrich could not dissuade the natural order of death. It was an inevitable end that one had to accept. As complicated as it was, it was the will of Ashla.

"Though I appreciate the thought, I can not allow myself to ask for such a thing."

He left it at that, but the words would carry an untold weight as they traversed through the portal, and back to the frozen tunnel that had started this entire endeavor.

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom