Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private That's maybe too many limbs.

Anen still found he strongly preffered the way he acted as a Jedi being one of meditation and medicine, defense, not offense. But sometimes, offense had to be learned. For that reason, he was learning ataru. he also wished to expand upon shii-cho a bit, but ataru was his better skillset. And it fit quite well. There was, of course, a struggle. He wanted to avoid relying too much on his direct connection to the force when actually attacking. Never would he use the force as an attack upon another, throw them, or something at them. But he was cautious even to use it to strengthen his own speed. At least, directly. But there were other means, like all of his race, he had an organ called a Vo. In the case of a small portion of his race, that allowed shapeshifting.

And while he was inferior to plenty, the things he could do would make a Clawdite seem no different than any other human. In this case, he was practicing this skill on the Obstacle course of the training hall. But instead of a young human. There was some other creature, an Osorae based core, skin, and basic design. But with more trandoshan head and hands. However instead of merely 2 standard arms and 2 standard legs. 7 limbs, 6 elongated structurally enhanced multi-jointed arms, and a hugely muscular tail. This creature hurled itself across, around, under, and through all the obstacles on the course like it was some kind of spirit rather than a living being. A form designed purely for ruthless amounts of speed, agility, and strength, at the sacrifice of energy conservation and any sense in appearing like an actual species. OF course, he'd mostly accounted for that energy issue, by eating a rather ridiculous quantity of sustenance and storing it in more readily accessible sacks within the torso of this new form. As for the heat, there was regular shapeshifting that created pockets within the body trapping heat, then moving and expelling it through an exterior.

This was wildly ineffective as an actual race, as the amount of energy it would need to consume on a regular basis was far too high without either truly extensive farming or relying on the force to sustain it. Anen certainly wouldn't hold the form for more than training for exactly those kinds of reasons, but it was an excellent test of just what his body could do by shifting it via the Vo's power rather than his personal connection to the force. That, and he did rather enjoy the sheer speed he could reach using just organic limbs.

Joran Olan Joran Olan

Note for those who can sense force presences: Anen possesses 2, one is his natural presence, the other is an organ within him.

Form: Osorae based core, skin, and basic design. But with a more trandoshan head and hands. However instead of merely 2 standard arms and 2 standard legs. 7 limbs, 6 elongated structurally enhanced multi-jointed arms, and a hugely muscular tail.

Inventory:
Standard blue lightsaber
Datapad with extended range and storage
Standard equipment like comms.
Simple green and white garments.

VVVDHjr.png

A MOMENTS CONSIDERATION
VVVDHjr.png

Anen Anen

Joran entered the Practice Hall, discarding his heavy consular robes on a stand near the entrance leaving him in his Jedi combat fatigues beneath. It wasn't often that Joran was able to drag himself to the Practice Hall' a bad habit of constantly putting himself at the availability of others and overseeing the various classes of the Enclave. He usually only had a chance to come to the Practice Hall on his own two or three times a week, so when he did come here, he tried to make the most of his time.

He was surprised to find that he was not alone in the Practice Hall. If Joran had relied only on his eyes, he would have seen what many would call a monster moving through the obstacle course that dominated an entire quarter of the massive chamber. Climbing walls, standing pylons for jumping courses, and numerous other challenges all designed to challenge a Jedi to their utmost in rapid succession, and make them focus on their connection to the world around them.

The individual going through the course now was somewhat circumventing that process. Leaping up and over obstacles, bounding through areas designed to try the mind through careful coordination of ones body. A presence in the Force Joran knew well told him all he needed to know. With a smile on his face, Joran reached out with the Force and grabbed one of the pillar the individual was running towards. With a quick pull, he moved it out of position a moment before the individual would have put their weight on it. The resulting incident was interesting to watch, and as it played out how it would, Joran approached from across the room.

"
The entire point of this training course," Joran said, warmth in his voice, "is to test the mind, body, and patience of the Jedi using it, young Anen." Joran looked at the padawans alternate form, one hand rising up to stroke the beard on his chin. "Plus, I do believe the other padawan would consider this cheating."

Anen processed and adapted to the removed pillar fairly well, there was a slight swinging done by the other limbs that were still connected to others. That was part of the point afterall, enough contact locations and directional force and a single trip up was only a threat if it was entrapping a limb not just missing from them. Joran would no doubt recognize the delay though. Anen slowed himself to a stop, the limbs and excessive alterations almost all sucked into his body in moments, though he'd retain the actual mass, just condensed into his more humanoid form with the robes adjusting around the core as it came from so many limbs to only the standard 4. Still breathing just a little heavy from the excess but grinning from the thrill.

"Should probably use a different course to test my patience master. Pretty sure regular sparring or language courses test my patience more than almost any obstacle course ever could." he said taking in a deep breath and relaxing, then thinking a little, "Would you ask a Nautolan not to breath underwater though? Or a torgruta not to use their montra? Or even more accurate, a miraluka not to see?" he offered as a counter to cheating, "I'm just using my own skills and abilities to test a couple of my limits."

To him the idea of restricting his ability to shapeshift was wholly unnatural. Be like trying to walk without using your knees. He didn't necessarily want to contradict one of the masters but he still felt his answers were fair and legitimate.

Joran Olan Joran Olan

Note for those who can sense force presences: Anen possesses 2, one is his natural presence, the other is an organ within him.

Form: Returned to his more humanoid form.

Inventory:
Standard blue lightsaber

VVVDHjr.png

A MOMENTS CONSIDERATION
VVVDHjr.png

Anen Anen

Joran smiled, nodding at the young padawan's words. "I see your classes on debate are going well, Anen." Joran tended to use the individual names of the residents of the Enclave. Most were students in one way or another, and to try and bludgeon them over the head with ranks and titles defeated the purpose of the Enclave. It was a place of learning and knowledge above all else. "To deny your natural abilities would indeed be wrong, Anen, but what if you are in a situation where you cannot use your true form? If you must rely on this form for one reason or another, will you feel as comfortable in it as you do others?"

Turning, Joran cast a look out across the Practice Hall, shrugging a shoulder. "
Besides, this obstacle course is not much of a challenge for the form you chose one way or another. I will look into finding a more complicated and trying course for you to practice on to truly test your limits. Only through proper challenge can we better ourselves and push our limits."

Joran reach down to his side, grabbing the silver lightsaber hanging at his side. "
Until then, since you say it is better for you, how about a sparring session?"

Last edited:

Anen gave a shrug at the issue of being in a situation where he could not use his true form, "It's like fighting with your elbows bound and no ankles. It'll never feel as comfortable as if they're free. Every change is situation dependent so it's hard to really compare." the answer, technically, was no. He wouldn't, he knew how to use his humanoid form to fight, it was generally how he practiced his saberplay aside from the more draconic like form that he used a lot. But shapeshifting regularly was so normal that it was hard to properly consider a battle without it. It was why there were some defaults he relied upon, like the wookie-like muscles in place of more human ones, visibly hard to distinguish especially under clothing, but granting a massive advantage in the physical department even if he wasn't on par with his usual shapeshifting form.

He looked back at the obstacle course as Joran mentioned that it wasn't a challenge for the form he chose. That was a pretty good point, he'd over-compensated. The obstacle course wasn't being used as an obstacle course anymore as he had been testing his body more than he had challenging it, not entirely inteional. He probably should have been pushing himself more there. But it was harder to find situations that challenged his body, at least, in comparison to how easy it was to challenge his skill. He smiled and gave a nod as Joran finished on that topic, "Thank you, I'd appreciate that Master."

The Vran grabbed his own saber from his side nodding again, "Yes sir, thank you." he gave a slight chuckle, yeah. He wasn't a bad combatant, but if this was any more than a sparring session there'd be plenty reason for concern against a master.

Joran Olan Joran Olan

Inventory:
Standard blue lightsaber

[/div

VVVDHjr.png

A MOMENTS CONSIDERATION
VVVDHjr.png

Anen Anen

Joran ignited his lightsaber, the emerald blade humming with life as he assumed a guard stance. The blade hovered before him as he slowly began to circle Anen, the tip of the blade never faltering as Joran looked the padawan in the eyes. Lightsaber combat, while not something Joran enjoyed, was a necessity to learn in a galaxy filled to the brim with other such combatants. Against many foes, a Jedi might never need to draw their blade, instead settling disputes with words, or even just their very presence. Against Sith, however, there was no such luxury.

Joran waited for Anen to activate his own blade before stepping forward quickly, his blade cutting through the air in a series of strikes in the Niman Form, the most common technique among Jedi as a whole. A combination of offense and defense with little room for imagination or creativity. It was designed to be effective, rather than a dazzling sight. It was one of the first Forms that Joran insisted students learn at the Enclave, to give them a better understanding of the differences of offense and defense, before either would be developed further.

"
Tell me Anen," Joran said, not missing a moment with his attack, "do you wish to leave the Enclave? See the galaxy and all that it has to offer? Or, would you prefer to continue your education here for a little while longer. I ask, because the Enclave is preparing for an expedition soon."

Anen ignited his own blue lightsaber taking a stance as well, he wasn't sure letting the master make the first strike was the right decision if it were a real battle. But everything had to be practiced, including not making the first strike. The self imposed restrictions to refuse to use the force for attack made defensive stances a dangerous option to delve in too much, as they could restrict him too far. But some had to be learned still.

While Anen was in a humanoid form, he never genuinely took complete human attributes. Enhanced physical abilities had become a staple of his physiology. At this point he was more used to alien muscles such as wookie than he was to human ones. When Joran moved in, Anen followed suit, aggressively. Anen had yet to master any form, but he had studied ataru mostly. And that meant flurries of attacks, powered by superhuman strength with none of the loss in mobility or speed. This also meant it could be used in a type of aggressive defense, rather than blocking or turning aside a blade properly, it could batter an incoming blade. Not technically an ataru move, it more resembled something djem so or juyo user would practice. But it was still ultimately based in ataru. Just adapting it's offense for a type of defense.

Speaking while fighting wasn't too hard, it was certainly far less of a distraction than what he was pulling only moments earlier.
"Leave? If it means I can help somewhere, sure. I guess I haven't really considered how predisposed I am to journeying as much. I'm sure there's plenty of interest, but there's also a lot I still need to learn before I feel ready to do much on my own." he answered thoughtfully.

Joran Olan Joran Olan

Inventory:
Standard blue lightsaber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom