Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Terrijo

Status
Not open for further replies.
1524321.jpg

Name: Terrijo

Region: Expansion
System: Terrijo
Suns: Terrio
Orbital Position: 4th planet from Terrio, Habitable Zone
Moons: Jarrio (uninhabitable rocky moon)
System Features: Terrijo is the only inhabitated world of the Terrijo system, t
Coordinates: O-12
Rotational Period: 17 standard hours
Orbital Period: 255 Days

Class: Terrestial
Diameter: 14,576 km
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Predominantly temperate rainforest, occasional mountain ranges, oceans

Native Species: Various plants, tropical birds (to be expanded upon at a later time)
Immigrated Species: <Immigrant species with significant populations>
-Gurrcats
-Humans
-Sullustans

Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic / Sullustese
Government: Theoracy / Corporate
Population: 6 billion (45% human, 50% Sullustan, 5% other)
Demonym: Terrijan (more frequently go by continent demonyms Biniorian & Gessbennan)

Major Imports:
-Advanced technology
-Lommite
-Carvanium
-Quadrillium
-Meleenium
-Zersium
-Neutronium

Major Exports:
-tropical fruits
-hardwoods
-low-tech manufactured goods
-textiles

Affiliation: None (yet)

Major Locations:

Raydu City, Binior: This is the founding settlement of a group of Pius Dea adherents whose cathedral ship crashed thousands of years ago during the 7th Alaskan conflict. The ship's remains form a "holy" epicenter from where the Raydu Council, a group of theocratic elders, rules over the survivors of the crash. Raydu acts as the hub of this theocratic government that extends to many smaller settlements on the continent of Binior. Massive stone walls surround the city, protecting the city's inhabitants from the jungle wildlife, especially the Gurrcats. Most of the city's infrastructure is on the feudal level of technology, albeit a few of them have managed to acquire galactic standard technology pieces such as electrical lighting and landspeeders by trading vast quanities of tropical fruit and hardwood with outsiders.

Gessbenna City, Gessbenna: A relatively modern underground city modeled after the cities on Sullust, Gessbenna city is wholly owned and run by Gessbenna Corp, which at one point in the distant past was a subsidiary of SoroSuub. The predominantly sullustan population works in dozens of aged but well-maintained factories, making clothing and low-tech items for export to nearby worlds. It has a thriving underground culture with nutured by corrupt Gessbenna Corp executives and their lackeys. The continent of Gessbenna, on which the city is found, is on the opposite side of the world from the continent of Binior.

Culture:

Binior: The inhabitants of Binior retain much of their culture from their Pius Dea ancestors, especially their xenophobia, although there has always been a quiet undercurrent of liberalization to galactic standards underneath the official religious/government line. The religious leaders of the Raydu Council have theoretical absolute power over their citizens, though in practice, they delegate much of this power to lesser clergy or appropiate bureaucratic figures. Speaking out against the Council or its views is viewed as heresy by these authorities, and offenders often simply "vanish".

Gessbenna: Gessbenna is full of hard-working sullustans, who officially have more power and rights than the inhabitants of Binior. However, in practice, they are little better off, kept constantly enslaved by Gessbenna Corp having to pay back the company exorbitant amounts for food, rent, and other basic necessities. The few inhabitants of Gessbenna that do not work directly for Gessbenna Corp are typically associated with its underworld. They tend to be smugglers, pirates, and other criminal elements who work with various corrupt Gessbenna Corp executives to undermine rival corporations or enhance various personal interests.

Technology:

Technology on Binior is primarily at the feudal level, with the exception of basic electricity. By trading with outsiders, and their understanding of their crashed ship, the city of Raydu has a basic electricity grid that is powered by the ship's now highly modified reactor. At the moment, it only runs city lighting and operates the massive hydraulic gates into the city.

Technology on Gessbenna is at galactic standard, though much of it is slightly on the older (and consequently chaper) level compared to many nearby worlds. Its infrastructure is often described as being "backwater" or more like worlds on the fringes of the Outer Rimcompared to many of its expansion world neighbors.

History: Terrijo hsa been known to the galaxy for thousands of years, though lack of any particular commodity and the dangerous animal life has prevented large amounts of civilization from growing on it compared to many of its neighbors. During the 7th Alaskan Conflict, a cathedral ship crashed onto the continent of Binior, which started the first permanent settlement on Terrijo by sapient life. The survivors have slowly built up a new, if still xenophobic civilization, from the ashes that is centered on their capital of Raydu City, but their reach has now grown to encompass almost all of the continent. Because of their disdain towards aliens, and a general lack of valuable products with which to trade to outsiders, they have remained particularly insular to the outside world. They own progression in technology has been somewhat stunted by their limited resources and the hard jungle life. While they have heard of other continents and colonists on Terrijo, they have not yet managed to reach them on their own. Because of their insular nature, the Biniorians were not highly affected by the Gulag Plague. The recent Netherworld, as it is known to the greater galaxy, has helped start an underground heresay in the culture, as it managed to make one of the Elder's disappear during the Council's annual sermon to the people.

Gessbenna was settled several hundred years before the start of the Clone Wars by the Gessbenna Corporation, then a subsidiary of SoroSuub. The Corporation hoped to gain a cheap manufacturing hub close to the Core Worlds and thus make a profit by using cheap sullustan labor. Until the Clone Wars, this worked and Gessbenna City and its citizens prospered. But the following conflicts and corporate corruption dragged the city down to its current state. The recent chaos of the galaxy from the Netherworld Event and the earlier Gulag Plague combined the profit-motivated executives of Gessbenna Corp has engendered a large criminal underworld to the city. Several smuggling and pirate groups now almost walk and operate in the city in the open. The increasingly seedy nature of Gessbenna City is beginning to drive away more legitimate business concerns.

Notable PCs: None yet
Intent: To expand upon a stub of canon information for a future faction roleplay

[member="Travot Ravenna"]

Okay, so very nice expansion of the system and as I couldn't find an actual planet for the system, we shall treat it as a sort of hybrid of canon and custom :) With that said, a few things then.
  • Can you specify what ores they generally import for their industries?
  • Is this Gessbenna Corporation cannon or site created? I'm guessing the later since I couldn't find a link in the wiki?

Okay, everything does look good except I will need that company subbed to the factory for it to actually be used. Get that done and I'll stamp this with my being pending approval stamp :)

Darth Arcanix said:

Okay, everything does look good except I will need that company subbed to the factory for it to actually be used. Get that done and I'll stamp this with my being pending approval stamp :)
Stupid question, but for the company template then, what would I put down for "rationale"? I'm not planning on anyone actually using the company per se, it's actually an antagonist that will be taken down in the roleplay.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Exactly that, it is to play an antagonist role in a RP and will collapse during the course of said RP. The thing about subbing it is you'll also have access to it or someone else will if say, someone came along to rebuild the shattered remnants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom