Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Terminus Underhive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cei Kyros

C
5UPjPU5.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: Terminus Underhive
  • Classification: Rebel Base
  • Affiliation: Outer Planets Alliance
  • Population: Crowded
  • Demographics:
    • 50% Partisan Resistance
    • 20% Allied Pilots
    • 20% Freelancers
    • 10% ORION Agents
  • Accessibility: Two main points of entry, Alliance Pinnacle on the upper levels and a security checkpoint down in the undercity. The Underhive was chosen for its central location in Terminal City's Guild Ward to provide starfighter superiority over critical planetary infrastructure.
  • Description: The Underhive is a massive tower stretching from the lowest levels all the way to the Terminus skyline. It is the largest known surface OPA installation and one of several secure meeting grounds for Alliance Command. A sprawling vertical industrial complex which has been converted into a veritable fortress, the Underhive is a constant reminder that even lawlessness has its limits.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Alliance Pinnacle: A converted Guild Ward trade hall which has found new purpose as a hangar, observatory, and command outpost for the Underhive below. Squadrons of starfighters and support craft are housed here where they can be deployed through the structure's new retractable roof. There are also smokey back rooms where elements of Alliance Command distribute their rebel networks and plot long term campaigns.
  • Upper Hive: The hive's upper levels are mostly encrypted communication hubs, medbays, recreational facilities, supply chain logistics, and an ORION listening post. Turbolift shafts have been drilled through layers of duracrete to bridge what was once a trade hall above with the greater superstructure below.
  • Meridian Cantina: At the tower's midpoint there is a grungy rebel bar called the Meridian. Just being an official facility doesn't make fist fights and even the occasional shoot out over too much drink less common.
  • Lower Hive: Farther down are levels of barracks, armories, tech workshops, and supply depots. There are vehicle bays down at the lowest point filled with combat speeders and even a few light repulsortanks.
  • OPA Checkpoint: Fortress walls would be more precise. Many of the undercity gangs aren't particularly friendly to OPA patrols and the Underhive's ground access resembles a beleaguered siege between tribal forces more than it does a security gateway. Bombings, sniper fire and short skirmishes are not uncommon.
  • No Man's Land: A few blocks away from the Underhive is contested gang territory. Most know better than to make much trouble so close to Alliance turf but the immediate surroundings are anything but secure.
SECURITY
  • Rating: Maximum. The Underhive's outer structure bristles with point defense emplacements, anti-air turrets, and groundsweeper cannons. Alliance Pinnacle can scramble several squadrons on short notice and put entire wings in the sky given enough time. An old DSS series shield generator provides cover for the tower's immediate perimeter. Regular foot and TT-37 patrols monitor the undercity and U-Wing gunships or TT-48 troop carriers are available for deployment as a rapid response force.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Terminus Underhive is a major OPA stronghold and staging point for Partisan operations throughout the Territories. It was seized by a nascent Alliance during the Colichemarde riots and powerful financers provided the talons for reconstruction. Although their leadership is decentralized the Underhive maintains a direct line to the Powers That Be and is a common fallback point for scattered resistance cells and mercenary crews to make contact with a fulcrum agent or Partisan commanders. It is also a major recruitment center for young radicals.

While the Partisans are pledged to defend Terminus from piracy or conquest it remains an independent Alliance world and so there are limits to the OPA's peacekeeping mandate. Even if there was not, exerting anything like military control over Terminal City would lead to endless gang warfare. So corruption and lawlessness continues all around them as if the Underhive wasn't even there. So the OPA looks to their own defenses and keeps an eye on the outer system for any signs of impending invasion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zak Dymo

Z
Cei Kyros

I'll be doing this review for you. It's a solid submission overall, though I have two points that are holding it up at present.

1. OOC Section (Canon and Permissions)

• Canon: /
  • Permissions: /

I assume that both of these are meant to be N/A? I'll need you to state that if that's the case.

2. U-Wing (Permission Required)

The linked U-Wing Gunship only lists the Galactic Alliance as its affiliation. As such, I'll need some proof of permission for OPA to use that submission as part of this location sub.

Please tag me when you've completed your edits. Cheers.

Cei Kyros

C
Zak Dymo

Contacting the submitter for proof of permission. The old Galactic Alliance minor faction merged into ORC a while back but I don't have anything I can link you after the site upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom