Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temporary Factory Shutdown

Also how do people rely on the factory for everyday roleplaying needs? I mean I rely on it for business but that is only because unlike previous boards, this board has the opinion of that if it isn't made in the factory it isn't as good, I mean I love the factory but people all just assume cannon stuff is terrible etc. This is not the case I feel. Granted as a company owner, I do make stuff for my plots and company from time to time, like currently I am working on a line of stuff for the CIS because I was hired to.. but I think that no one really relies on it. Unless you have some example that I am missing.

Canon stuff is considered terrible by a large percentage of this board.

Personally I rather like some of the old stuff, and have yet to find a replacement I like better. Except the Emperor's Own our stormtroopers are still stormtroopers, and we still field AT-ATs because those things are just good machines.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Akio Kahoshi said:
I do not agree with this at all. I am not as good as others at imaging things in my mind, sometimes I cannot express what I can see mentally into words that others get. If we passed a rule like this for the factory, then we might as well do the same for avatars because they serve the same purpose. Sure it can be frustrating sometimes to find an image to match what you want when the older factions have had so much more time to submit every cool image out there, but it makes it that much more rewarding when you find something unique that you can say is your own.
So your saying we should keep images in the Factory because you, personally, like them. Because you find them 'rewarding' in your submissions. I get that. I like them too. Lots of people do. It's not a perfect suggestion. I wasn't meant to be. However, just for clarification, I was lobbying for a more efficient Factory. Not a happier community. Sorry man. I can't account for taste. :p

I use an old R-41 starchaser still. Darren Shaw has a YT-1300. So I still use the old stuff as well. But with my character Morna, hes a part time Black smith for armor and weapons. (old fashioned hammer and anvil) So he makes alot of his own items for his own use. His blade, saber, rings, and guitar were made from his own hands. other things he has gotten as a Prize or found IC. It really depends on who the character is really.

Jay Scott Clark said:
So your saying we should keep images in the Factory because you, personally, like them. Because you find them 'rewarding' in your submissions. I get that. I like them too. Lots of people do. It's not a perfect suggestion. I wasn't meant to be. However, just for clarification, I was lobbying for a more efficient Factory. Not a happier community. Sorry man. I can't account for taste. :p
I must ask. How is an efficient factory more preferable than a happier community, it is a happy community that allows this site to continue to exist and without this site what need is there for an efficient factory?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Akio Kahoshi said:
I must ask. How is an efficient factory more preferable than a happier community, it is a happy community that allows this site to continue to exist and without this site what need is there for an efficient factory?
That is an excellent question. And truthfully, I agree with you. The Factory could be something amazing! Something just BOOM. Epic. But I don't think Tef or the Staff wants that. I don't think Tef or the Staff could run that. Heck, they can't even get a Wiki working so far. Lol. My expectations are shot. Dead.

I'm trying to help them make it smaller. Not because I want smaller. But so Staff can handle it. Trust me. I'm right there with ya. But so far? The Staff just needs to find it's comfort zone.

We can run that, it could be epic, and it could also be in our comfort zone. We just need people to drop their own personal agendas and get on the same page as us, especially the members who have been here longer. But everyone is a Burger King. Everyone has to have it their way. And at the same time, I'm fighting to have new members trained. At the same time, I'm fighting Staff Members who're looking to squabble over trivial, backwards ideas.

There are a thousand ideas on this board about everything right now, and nobody wants to concede their own as not being the best. If we could start making these concessions and understand that we can only pick one at a time to roll with, I think we'd all be much better off for it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
What I take away from that is that your working hard, moving uphill, and feeling overwhelmed. Kinda like the rest of us post-wipe. You don't need any more ideas or suggestions right now, your time is precious to you, and you just want to start pursuing a few small solutions with the full support of the community; and with your Staff at your back. The Factory is closed, the Website is still the full priority, stop bitching, and just be patient.

Got it. I'll shut up now.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Jay Scott Clark said:
I find images in subs to be helpful when I need to imagine something that doesn't appear to be a generic sword/lightsaber/blaster/slugthrower. For starfighter types, it's really a must for pictures since there's such a plethora of different designs for starfighters and capital ships.

Haha. I'm not asking anyone to shut up, but for everything else, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Ideas are wanted, just propose them knowing it might not be the best solution. Every decision I make, I realize it may not be the best one. But it's still a decision, and they're almost always made to attempt to better the community.

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Akio Kahoshi said:
Canon stuff is considered terrible by a large percentage of this board.

Personally I rather like some of the old stuff, and have yet to find a replacement I like better. Except the Emperor's Own our stormtroopers are still stormtroopers, and we still field AT-ATs because those things are just good machines.
I love the old stuff. The issue that there is comes from the fact we're hundreds of years later and apparently that makes all the canon stuff awful. :p

The precedent appears set that we need new stuff so it'll be difficult to change that view at this point. It's a reasonable issue as our "Dark Age" didn't happen until well after new stuff from after the movies and EU (which is another whole bag of worms for technology :p ) happened.

As for the factory stuff itself!
Factory is good. Everyone doesn't need nineteen custom items, though, or seven types of the same ship. x3
Catch up, staff! ;)

Molgus

M
Tefka said:
We can run that, it could be epic, and it could also be in our comfort zone. We just need people to drop their own personal agendas and get on the same page as us, especially the members who have been here longer. But everyone is a Burger King. Everyone has to have it their way. And at the same time, I'm fighting to have new members trained. At the same time, I'm fighting Staff Members who're looking to squabble over trivial, backwards ideas.

There are a thousand ideas on this board about everything right now, and nobody wants to concede their own as not being the best. If we could start making these concessions and understand that we can only pick one at a time to roll with, I think we'd all be much better off for it.
This is an age of CHAOS Tef

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom