Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tell your Fortune, Visions and Dreams (open for drop-ins and passers-by)

The first vision made her frown, the second pulled the defenses back up again. A bulletproof smirk spread on her lips, acid-protected tears at her eyes made the horrors of the world a little less visible before it came back again. She slowly nodded her head to the fortune teller and handed over another set of credits.

There was no need for words. She stood up and left the tent only to be met by an Echani who seemed worried.

Was Amea okay?

"Yeah," She lied and cleared her throat. "Just fine."

Candu Tabuu

C
TATOOINE
STALL, OUTSIDE MOS ESPA

A small alien, barely taller than a single foot, stepped in and looked around. The Anzellan whistled, hands on hips, and chuckled.

"Hey-heey, Candu Tabuu hear about place," Candu Tabuu said in his little shrill voice. He regarded the individual who was said to have visions and prophetic messages. "Sel mi secvant jes, do Candu Tabuu next, yes-yes?"

Since there was a line, the little Anzellan decided to wait his turn patiently by checking another delivery status on his wristpad. Smaller than small fingers scrolled the screens, as half-closed and heavy lidded eyes watched numbers and data speed past...

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Tiland just nodded and pulled out a thermos of hot water and two hand-shaped wooden mugs, before he crumpled tea leaves into them, letting the rich aroma waft into the chilly desert air as he wrapped his hands around one, letting the warmth seep in.

"Hmm," Tiland said after a moment, studying the vision and sharpening it in his memory as he had learned on one of Jend-Ro's pilgrimages. "I do not recognize it, unfortunately. It bears similarity to places I have been to, but nothing identical. Perhaps it's a location to seek out."

Wine, Women, Fury, Death and Darkness
Cord### Cord### Talyr Ivaakren Talyr Ivaakren

The stocky frame of an armored, dwarf-like character boisterously and arrogantly shoved his way past a rotund dark green Ithorian, a metal claw-arm extending from the middle of his back, reaching beneath his cloak and snapping the alien's wrist harshly. The shorter alien, a pale, lightly gray-pallored Ugnaught with frazzled red-and-gray, balding hair, snarled past his boar-like tusks as the taller creature fell, wailing piteously as he gazed through his black eyes at the now-protruding bone of his wrist as the dark ichor of his blood wept through the fresh tear in his flesh.

"When I tell you to kriffing MOVE, you DO SO, DAMMIT!" The Ugnaught spat on the wailing green Ithorian's face, his back-claw tightening its grip of the dripping, broken arm, slowly applying pressure to force the limb further to one side... "I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOU!"

The harsh, stocky, armored and muscular Ugnaught snarled as he glanced down at his wrist's bracer computer, a few taps of his unoccupied left hand bringing to life a small holo-image. Waving his hand over the small, sleepy and shocked crowd in the night before him, the tusked dwarf grinned left-sidedly as his bracer computer beeped once, and a quick flourish of his free hand and a stubby finger deactivated the device. At his side, his back-claw shifted sharply and mercilessly to the opposite side, towards him, snapping the Ithorian's wrist in the other direction and doubtlessly cracking, if not breaking, the opposite bone, even as he walked away from the yowling, moaning and weeping Hammerhead...

The Ugnaught swaggered forth, a trembling and incredibly slim Selonian female of an exotic color shifting away from the kiosk where his target was located. He gave a brief glance and a lascivious smile after the... Athletic and toned tail... Of the retreating girl before, baring his pointed and yellowed teeth, Oveln grunted as his hand shifted towards one of the weapons strapped across his back, his unusual purple and gray eyes narrowing as the stocky, if pudgy Ugnaught hissed through clenched teeth as he hefted an old Imperial style E-11 at the human with the eccentric hat before the fortune teller's kiosk.

"Dead or alive, you remorseless little Sarlaac shit..." The Ugnaught's eyes widened, and he growled as he bared his porcine tusks at the human, his oddly-colored eyes glowing with white-hot fury...

Last edited:
"I do not recognize it, unfortunately. It bears similarity to places I have been to, but nothing identical. Perhaps it's a location to seek out."

the stocky, if pudgy Ugnaught hissed through clenched teeth as he hefted an old Imperial style E-11 at the human with the eccentric hat before the fortune teller's kiosk.

"Dead or alive, you remorseless little Sarlaac shit..."

As it became clear that this little thug was aiming to inflict violence on his current client, a pleasant gentleman who shared tea, Velok lumbered out from behind the stall. He outmassed the Ugnaught by an order of magnitude.

Without comment, he attempted to punt the Ugnaught like a ball, just utterly yeet him down the nearest alley.

"Hey-heey, Candu Tabuu hear about place," Candu Tabuu said in his little shrill voice. He regarded the individual who was said to have visions and prophetic messages. "Sel mi secvant jes, do Candu Tabuu next, yes-yes?"

Tabuu was approximately the same size as one of Velok's fingers. Velok leaned close, squinting.

"Hello, friend," he said. "What would you like to know?"

"O Wrathful One," It always seemed cooler in the holonovels, but now it seemed kind of dumb, "Be there any way that the foul and murderous mortal shell that you share... Uhh... Be there any way that the broken and foolish mind of his might atone for his... Horny-induced... Hell-bent murderous fury?"

Possessed Velok - Suture - hissed in a way that Whiphids just did not.

"It wasz grreed that drrove him to kill me. He will atone by loszing everrything, if he learrnsz from it. Perrhapsz. Perrhapsz I will give him that."

<I wasn't with her. I need another, separate fortune. One that belongs only to me.> He even added more money to the pile, payment for a second try.

"As you wish. You desire to be clean, yes? As do we all. Clean and free and undiluted."

A new vision coalesced in the smoke and in their shared mind's eye.

Vhr4UdB.png

"I see a stalwart warrior who has mastered their complex self, made of it a strength on their own terms."

Velok frowned.

"Are you a Jedi?"

"I'm gonna ask a pretty straight question, man. Am I gonna get offa' this rock alive?"

Velok examined the shared vision for a long moment.

"I see a monster. Do you see a monster?"

uJ43P01.png
"And if so, is it an inescapable doom or a warning to get off Tatooine by any available means?"

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

(Eh, what the hell - I was referencing another character, but the Jedi is worth more, but we can roll with that, as Oveln is probably the sort to be ballsy enough to try for two targets at once. Let's see if he gets pasted...)

The Ugnaught felt his muscles tense along his already rigid arms as he felt the uncomfortable warmth and, blinking his eyes, noticed the faint blue sheen that was softly emanating from the body of the elderly humanoid that was standing in front of the booth in the vicinity of his intended quarry - the elderly man, whoever he was, was as attuned to the Force as he himself was - albeit its weaker element, to judge by the distasteful sensation of heat and the faint glow and presence of what seemed to be a tired and placid mind, it's thoughts obscured beneath the "heat" and the Light itself.

Oveln felt a guttural snarl building up in his chest as he watched the immense alien (he couldn't remember what those ugly bastards were called) shift from behind that poor man's booth and take several lumbering steps in his direction. The Armor-Claws attached to the back of the Ugnaught's armor extended down, the claws spreading and digging into the sand when they pressed to the earth, raising the Ugnaught's stocky body by a few inches; the mechanical limbs shifted and whirred, "walking" several steps back in the direction of the bawling Ithorian, where the Selonian girl from earlier was adjusting her glasses and smoothing her scarlet hair, clearly impressed by the intimidating Ugnaught, the Whiphid could see. The Selonian's furred tail shifted against a thigh, and she retreated between a cursing Rodian and the Ithorian, who was reaching his good hand up and calling for help. Oveln felt his eyes narrow as his Armor-Claws shifted him sharply to one side, kicking sand between him and the larger alien as he "walked", adjusting his rifle and firing off several harsh, glaring red blaster bolts into the night towards the lumbering Whiphid...

(I'll let you determine the damage taken and how the fight proceeds - far be it from me to derail your public posting session, though, of course, I assumed each of these conversations were taking place in different "alternate universes" so to speak. I'll get back to you as Riskyr soon and I may even let you defeat or maybe even take out Oveln - just wanted to give him a test run, and who better then with you?)

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Oveln'eos Xeefih Oveln'eos Xeefih

The prickle of his hair along the back of his neck was his first warning, accompanied by the snarling threats and the crack of bone before footsteps crunches through the sand.

Tiland set the cup of tea down on the table, draping it with a small plastic lid to help retain warmth and picked up the staff he had lain next to the table after others had come and gone.

He let his eyes close halfway, his other senses sharpening in response to the sound of sand and the movement of mechanical devices and a rifle.

Inhale. Exhale. His mind emptied of thought and became pure awareness. The fortune teller’s lumbering steps and kick, the movement of the odd mechanical devices again. And more concerning, a dark, raging fury for some reason. The Dark Side.

Perhaps that was his purpose here tonight, or perhaps it was the vision. He might never know, but as he heard and felt the murderous intent, he acted.

Pure instinct, honed by centuries of training propelled himself to his feet in a smooth spiral, one arm flinging up the length of his cloak while the other let the Force flow like a vast river through his arm into the cloth. The cloth shimmered faintly in the cold desert wind as it snapped ahead of the Whipid, absorbing the blaster shots on its Force-weaponized fabric.

“That was rather unnecessary,” Tiland said softly, but with enough projection for them to carry through the night air. “Do you often go about committing random, unprovoked acts of violence?”

The cloak fluttered to the ground as Tiland stood lightly balance, staff held in front of him, in a modified teras kasi stance.

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher

The lithe and athletic Bothan extended a hand to grasp lightly at Quavrr's pudgy wrist as the Gamorrean began to lift the long barrel of his rifle at the Whiphid, as though he were preparing to fire. Riskyr could see out of the corner of her eye the slight trembling of the porcine's broad shoulders - indeed, it could only be the distinct aura of the Darkness that could compel such a terrible fate as what had seemingly befallen this murderer, assuming this wasn't some malevolent Dark Side spirit - or Force knows what else - attempting to deceive both the mind of this Whiphid, as well as Quavrr and herself, to boot.

Odd though their current predicaments were, the two pseudo-fools before the "Savant" and the tormented Whiphid each took a moment to drop the ash from his shrinking cigarra, while she clasped her coffin nail between two fingers, removing the oral fixation to exhale a smoke ring with a practiced "huff" from her parted, thin lips. One of Riskyr's ears twitched and a stray, crooked forelock of her fiery red hair fell over one side of her glasses, giving her an intriguing (and some men would add "sexy") look to her scholastic, inquisitive, and currently-suspicious demeanor as she idly stroked her chin, a digit running through that distinct, tan Bothan goatee.

Placing her cigarra back into the right side of her mouth, the Bothan extended her arms with a yawn and a stretch, the tan fur along her shoulders ruffling out along her exposed neck and giving her a silly appearance as she seemed to be considering the Spirit's words. "And just how can I know you're even telling me the truth, Spirit? How do I know this isn't a trick to... I don't know - corrupt me as you've corrupted him, hmm?" The Gamorrean grunted, his burn-scarred right side hideous in the moonlight as Quavrr once again raised his rifle at the Spirit's host body...

"I regret even having stopped here... Why speak to us now?" The Bothan tilted her head and used a hand to smooth her hair back into place, away from her eye, "What do you want, exactly?..."

Last edited:
Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Oveln's anger radiated off him in waves even as the unusual Armor-Claws that extended from the back of his armor kept him suspended a few inches off the ground, the mechanical limbs shifting to and fro as the Ugnaught's anger fueled them. With one of his odd longer-then-average ears twitching on one side, the red-white-haired porcine alien's purple eyes began to glow with an inner light. The energy of the Dark Side crackled around the stocky creature as his scarred limbs hefted the rifle away from the Whiphid, even as the ever-angry Ugnaught took aim at the Light-guided warrior that was preparing for him, his blaster rifle lighting up the night as he fired another standard shot; then, with a flick of a finger, the diminutive alien switched the rifle to fully automatic, the injured Ithorian bellowing in pain and anger as one Armor-Claw crushed the fat Hammerhead's injured hand into the sand, dirtying the fresh wound and humiliating the victim further.

A flurry of blaster bolts, seven in rapid succession, flared out from Oveln's E-11, after which the Hunter paused, swiftly replacing the weapon on his back, seeing as how both of his targets were soon to be approaching for close-quarters combat. A flourish of one hand, and an alien blue glow emerged from his eyes, seeming to light them in sky-blue fire in the night, and a swift surge of unseen energy shifted outwards to strike the Jedi even as he had settled into his defensive stance... (of course, you determine the damage)

The Ugnaught snarled in unbridled anger as his artificial limbs shifted him back to the sands, folding against his back beneath his cloak once more, the tan travel cloak fluttering in the cold desert air behind him as the diminutive porcine flicked an ear and bore his tusks as the charging giant, shoulder-length red-gray hair fluttering in the air as the distinct shing of metal emerged from his back beside the replaced rifle. A midnight-bladed, serrated greatsword, thick, well-kept and nearly as long as the creature that bore it, with a ruby-engraved golden quadruple-pommel (I think that's the term for the hilt with four "hand guards", right?) was raised before the practically-foaming-at-the-mouth Ugnaught's stocky body as the gargantuan Whiphid approached him. A flourish of one hand briefly sent another wave of Force energy towards the taller alien, even as is hand returned to his blade, and a forceful swing of the great blade swung towards one of the Whiphid's legs as he approached...

"You DO NOT KNOW ME, Vainglorious "Peacekeeper"!" The Ugnaught seemed enraged at the entire Galaxy, the distinctive twitch of his ear occurring again as he gathered and focused his relentless fury, "Silence!" Keeping his gaze on the Whiphid, Oveln hissed through gritted teeth, "BACK DOWN - I won't cut him off at the knees if you leave him to ME!"

Last edited:
Oveln'eos Xeefih Oveln'eos Xeefih 's Ugnaught-sized greatsword bit deep into Velok's leg. One of the flukes jammed against his shinbone and snapped off as he fell to his knees. A roar came out of him, a Force bellow to be precise: a shockwave that tore up the sand, cracked buildings, crushed market stalls. Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun would immediately recognize it as an emanation of the dark side.

Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard

Suture ignored the gun. Getting Velok shot would be just fine with her. "When I sharre hisz shamesz, I compound hisz pain asz he deszerrvesz. All therre isz to it, foolsz."

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard
After a moment, Velok shrugged. "Stay safe out there, young Master Jedi."

The Ugnaught From Hell managed a hideous, left-sided smile as he felt the distinct shudder of his blade biting deep into the flesh of the Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk 's shin, striking hard enough that he felt the reverberation travel up the length of the serrated, wide blade of darkness. A brief snarl and sneer of defiance reverberated from Oveln's vicious maw as he withdrew the blade in a rapid motion, his arms pulling back for another swing, only to be interrupted by the Whiphid's response, in addition to feeling a surge of unforeseen power and, through his connection to the Force, seeing the shadow-like, wispy energy that outlined the Whiphid's massive form even as he roared in pain and anger. (Descriptor of Oveln's Force Sense detecting the "aura" of Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk 's Dark Side alignment - forgive my assumption that the "Force aura" thing, like in some games, would be recognized.)

The violent second, Force-enhanced roar of the furred, hulking monster that had fallen to his knees before Oveln caught the bounty hunter off guard a moment after he had withdrawn his blade for a second fierce strike; the sadistic bastard of an Ugnaught had been hoping to cut an artery or perhaps sever the monster's leg outright so as to most effectively to deter him, only to have his ears reverberate as shockwaves of Force-enhanced vocalizations assailed the scarred Ugnaught's head and sent his stocky body flying into the midst of tearing, flying tarps, screaming, fleeing aliens of various species and sending whistling sand violently into the air, Oveln's greatsword whipping through the air from his grip and embedding itself in a merchant's crate against the side of the largest sandstone building as it toppled from it's owner's grasp.

Oveln screamed a harsh curse as he flew, his body somersaulting through the air once before a hand managed to push a button on his armor's left dark gray gauntlet. The brief, blue-fired repulsors of his armored boots sputtered and glowed in the night as the Ugnaught righted himself, hovering several feet from the ground, nearly at the Whiphid's eye level. After a moment of indecision during which he briefly looked at Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun and weighed his decision, the Ugnaught snarled out his frustration, swiftly removing his E-11 from his back once more, leveling the blaster at the Whiphid's torso and squeezing the trigger as he hovered via his repulsor boots, several rapid fire scarlet shots bursting forth in a cacophony towards the hulking alien...

Last edited:

Riskyr squinted her turquoise eyes as she removed her glasses expertly between two fingers, the cigarra hanging out of one side of her mouth shifting as the ember glowed in the night air, briefly illuminating the teen's tan-furred face as she ran a finger over the nosepiece, only to replace her glasses back onto her muzzle and resume the stroking of her chin almost as quickly as she had taken them off. At the girl's side, Quavrr snarled harshly through his porcine nostrils, leaning his head to one side as he shook with frustration.

Riskyr shook her head and huffed out a plume of smoke from her feline nostrils as an ear twitched in annoyance, regarding the Gamorrean with a quick turn of her head, "What is up with you?! You were in a bad mood all day yesterday and spent half the day sniping Womp Rats at the edge of town - those orphans thought you were crazy and that one Elomin kid wouldn't stop flirting with me and staring at my butt, all because you refused to leave..." Ceasing her only half-true complaints with a second exhalation of smoke, this time from her lips, an ear twitched as the Bothan sighed, her voice soft as she addressed her friend so that only he could hear, "...Stun setting, see if you can shake the influence from him and bring back... Whatever his name was..."

To be safe, the lithe woman placed her gray-furred right hand on the SE-14 pistol she had holstered at her right hip, shifting her weight to one side as she mentally prepared to duck and run to the unattended Snuggle Up Fud Sang doll kiosk off to her left for cover if necessary...

The red, burn-scarred Gamorrean's nod was virtually imperceptible as he sighted along his A-300 at the Whiphid's left shoulder, his fat-infused form barely twitching as he pulled the trigger, the harsh glow of a blue-white beam bursting from the tip Quavrr's rifle...

(This is either just crazy enough to work or incredibly presumptuous...)

Last edited:
Oveln'eos Xeefih Oveln'eos Xeefih Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

The Ugnaught's sword had cut deep, bit into bone. Like virtually all Darksiders, Velok had no Force healing options, and the blood loss was going to add up sooner or later. He could already feel the chill, kneeling there on the dark sand.

A huge lightsaber threw red illumination all along the street. It hissed against his calf, an agonizing and hasty cauterization, then batted away the Ugnaught's blaster fire.

A torrent of smoke and windblown dust rushed through and around. When it cleared, the massive Whiphid was gone.

Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard

The key to most Forcers' precognitive danger sense was ill intention...and shooting someone to save them didn't actually trigger that danger sense. The Force whispered no warning. The blaster rifle's stun shot hit Velok's shoulder squarely. His fur sparked and stood on end, and he convulsed. The smell of ozone filled the air.

"Ahh," he said, fixing both of them with an intense glare. "Much appreciated, friends. I have no meaningful way to repay you just now...but I owe you and I will remember that. If you ever need my help, send word to the Whiphids of Toola. Ask for Velok Brokentusk, the exile."

Riskyr felt the fur on the back of her neck raise up in agitation as she watched the Whiphid rock unsteadily as the distinct ozone stink of blasterfire and the smell of burnt fur reached her and Quavrr's respective noses, the Bothan thumbing at her tan-furred goatee apprehensively and nervously as an ear twitched, while a stray lock of her fiery hair fell over one side of her glasses. At the Bothan teen's side, Quavrr lowered his rifle in one think arm, raising his fist into the air and tilting his head back with a victorious squeal as his ham-fisted free hand slapped the Bothan's back. Laughing and oofing as she fell forward, only barely catching herself on her hands and knees, the scrawny teenager couldn't help but laugh as her turquoise gaze lifted, to meet the Whiphid's eyes with her own, alight with mercy, hope, optimism and joy as she looked into the temporarily-freed Whiphid's face.

"Happy to help, Fugly..." The Bothan shook her short head of scarlet hair, Quavrr's thick hand grasping her shoulder to lift her just as he had done upon first sighting the Whiphid's kiosk... "I hope we meet again..." Shouldering his rifle, the Gamorrean snorted merrily, even as one hand grasped the Bothan arm and gestured towards a food kiosk, their respective stomachs rumbling as Riskyr met his eye and nodded, though her head craned back towards the Whiphid as she poked her tongue out in a goofy, childlike manner.

"...May the Force be with you..."

(A bit of an abrupt and forced ending, but I still had fun and I look forward to following your new, cool-looking RP - might join it if I can, too. Thanks for this - it was awesome.)

The Ugnaught's blade, dripping thick droplets of blood, a strand of tufted fur and a tatter of freshly-broken flesh, pulled back for another swing as Oveln's alien glowing purple eyes shimmered in the darkness, alight with the eerie glow of his hatred for almost everything as his thick lips pulled back in a guttural, growling smile...

The harsh and swift motion of the wing whirled around the two adversaries once more, even as the hiss and glow of a scarlet blade erupted over the Whiphid's leg as his form became obscured. the Ugnaught cursed, raising a stubby armored wrist up to shield his glowing eyes for a moment...

The wind dissipated as quickly as it had arrived and, pulling his blade back for another strike, the tiny, crazed Ugnaught growled in fury, his eyes glowing again as his hate-ravaged mind and greatsword swung in enraged frustration, even as the realization of his escaped quarry fully settled into his brain...

Meanwhile, a very angry crowd of civilians, despite their fear, slowly began to surround the ranting, swearing bounty hunter...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom