Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me I'm pretty

Just kidding.
(or am I?)

Sup, Chaos. To some of you old folks, I'm a familiar face in the fact that I've been writing on this great site for just over two years now. To the rest of ya, I'm just a young guy who likes to spend his free time making up characters and writing about them on the internet.

I created this thread for a few purposes. Now, I've been roleplaying for quite a while yet I've never really had any sort of solid, grounded feedback from anyone. It's always been along the lines of, "It's awesome to roleplay with you," and that doesn't really give me any feedback fon how to make things better for you. This whole roleplaying thing is collaborative; if it weren't, then I could've probably been a published author by now. That's the first thing I want from this thread. Tell me about my grammar errors, phrases or words I seem to use often, and just general writing conventions and organization. I'm a big boy, I can handle a stern advice and I'd be disappointed if you guys aren't entirely truthful with me. (If you'd rather not post your feedback/critique in here, PM is always an option.)

Secondly, I want you guys and gals to gimme feedback on my characters. I don't feel like making a feedback thread for each of my 20 sub-accounts, so a master one will suffice. Here's some of my most memorable or well-known characters below just in case some of ya don't know who I am:
  • Dranok Lussk / Darth Arcis: Former Grand Admiral of the Lords of the Fringe, former Sith Emperor of the Old Sith Empire, currently in self-exile. My first ever character.
  • Hans Vaiden: Imperial Star Destroyer Captain, One Sith deserter.
  • Pappy / Marcus Foster: My Dreadguard. Started off as an Infantryman, evolved into a genetically modified supersoldier who now serves as a Sector Ranger and makes snarky comments to his AI companion.
  • Kenshi Mitsomoto: Jedi Padawan, aspiring Jedi Watchman. Originally created on the basis of "bringing the past to the future," wanted to give this sci-fi galaxy a little more interesting by creating a samurai-esque character.
  • Xalus: Gen'Dai bounty hunter, droid collector, and broseidon to Kezeroth.
Those are just a few but the rest can be accessed through my profile's "Characters" option. Please give me feedback on any character you've roleplayed with.

Lastly, tell me about my Out-of-Character pros and cons. Again, any feedback or comments can be given to me via PM if you prefer. I don't really have any preference and don't care I get hung out to dry for some of the stupid stuff I've done - I just ask that you be polite and courteous in your execution of it. Lemme know if you think I'm a cool cat who's an inspiration to younger writers, or if I'm some bozo who likes to start stuff online, complain about the Factory/Codex, and watch My Little Pony.

If you guys and gals can do that, I'll be one happy camper.

Just be honest and polite, please. That's all I ask.

Thanks! Chaos and its community means a lot to me so I hope I hear from y'all soon.
- Josh

[member="Darth Arcis"]

tumblr_mgpc1nVMLh1rziwwco1_250.gif
Seriously though I MISS DRANOK. Kara hasn't seen her Papa in foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever

[member="Elani Zambrano"] - Sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of my full Tibana tanks.

[member="Snowflake"] - I know! Those threads we did were some of the most meaningful ones to Dranok as a character. If you ever wanna throw somethin' up, lemme know.

[member="Kezeroth the Beholder"]

Darth Arcis said:
Xalus: Gen'Dai bounty hunter, droid collector, and broseidon to Kezeroth.

Cristina Zeitlin

C
[member="Darth Arcis"]: Everyone's got somebody. Cristina, tell me I'm pretty.

Cristina Zeitlin: Were I not batting for the other team, I would take you in a manly fashion.

Darth Arcis: 'Cause I'm pretty?

Cristina Zeitlin: 'Cause you're pretty.

[member="Darth Arcis"]

Well Kara is actually about to begin a storyline which will bring her away from the Sith life she's known and into a more neutral, family orientated one... At the same time, this is my way of winding her down as a character in order to allow new ones to take her place.

Didn't even realize you played Mitsomoto until I saw the name on this thread. Well, it's a pleasure roleplaying with you once again, "Xalus". :D Your new character is an interesting take on how to approach being a samurai like character in a sci-fi/Star Wars setting. I like it!

Regarding your writing abilities I gotta say you're doing a really good job. You're good at capturing atmosphere and emotions in such a subtle way that doesn't take ones focus away from what's going on in the post, which is great.

The only real thing I guess(?) I haven't seen much from you is taking the lead and come up things for the common plot in a thread. I haven't roleplayed on a one hand basis with you a lot, so I can't really say. Furthermore, an explanation to why I haven't seen this is that I've mostly seen you on Xalus. Which speaks for itself. So yea.

But it's still a thing a lot of people I know forget, including myself. :p That's my really cheap two cents.

[member="Darth Arcis"]

Lorelei Darke said:
Every time I've ever started writing with you, within a few days you disappear.
Lorelei Darke said:
10/10 writer. Would write with again if he would actually stick around.

Ah, I've had that problem ever since I started roleplaying more than one character. I'll get an idea for a character, roleplay the heck out of them, then I'll get another character concept and lose interest in the last one. Recently, I've learned how to stop just letting stuff drop off, so I do apologize for just blacking out in our threads!

Jen said:
I haven't seen much from you is taking the lead and come up things for the common plot in a thread.
That's mainly because of the above explanation. Sometimes I don't want to create, start, or lead things because I know I might accidentally allocate my attention elsewhere and forget all about it and leave people hanging. On slower paced stories, I usually don't mind taking lead roles. I also have characters that are just around to support peeps and whatnot because I like to back people up. Either way, that was really, really helpful of you to comment on - and I promise I'll have a Kenshi post done shortly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom