Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te'kyr - The End - Personal Beskad of Mia Monroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
iyMDaD5.png

XE4zV4c.png

MN6GHLU.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A personal weapon and gift to Mia Monroe Mia Monroe
  • Image Source: HERE
  • Canon Link: Beskad
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Mando'a Runic Inscription: Combined with Glyphs in the Mandalorian Force Crafting tradition pioneered by Clan De'madas, this specific bind-glyph combines the forms for the powers of Force Rend, Force Destruction, Combustion and Shatterpoint into a singular symbol. This symbol is engraved at a microscopic level on a svolten-rhyolite enhanced mono-molecular edged blade in a repeating fashion along the single brutal edge, emanating from an empowered kyber crystal bled red with the combined blood sources of Ijaat Mereel and Mia Monroe. This imbuement allows for the blade to be a powerful anti-force weapon, able to dispel almost any offensive Force-based attack by meeting said attack with the edge of the weapon. Telekinetically thrown objects will drop to the ground, Sith lightning dissipates, and Sithspawn or Force Spirits or the like suffer extreme agony at the bite of this beskad. With enough hits to a Force User while empowering the kyber crystal, one could theoretically sever their connection to the Force, or even lessen it each blow.

Note: Without OOC permission of the intended target/opponent, Force Powers/Connection cannot be fully destroyed or rendered useless or such, and even with said permission are considered rendered useless only for as long/as much as said opposite writer wishes or agrees to.

• Beskar: Does what it says on the tin.

• Pommel Spike: With a spike on the pommel made of beskar-laced red kyber that somehow has a rune in the center of the crystal that bears the facets of both Combustion and Shatterpoint, and the Mando'a symbol for piercing/stabbing, this pommel spike has a particular penchant for bypassing energy shields and cracking armor when an empowered strike is channeled and performed with it. Of course, given it's base components even a normal whack with it will be quite painful.

• Mono-molecular edged blade: Again, the only special deviation from canon is a treatment of both svolten-rhyolite and a boost of endurance via Art of the Small, this blade is absurdly sharp and durable, resistant to almost all known corrosive and blunting effects. This property can be lessened or removed by a Force-nullification field to just a mono-molecular edged blade.
STRENGTHS
  • Mando'a Runic Inscriptions: Several different inscriptions empower this blade with abilities. They function and grant powers in a similar manner to Sith Alchemy or Force Imbuement or Jal Shey, and cease to function or empower when introduced with similar weaknesses to those arts (Force Nullification fields, etc...)
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Nullification Field: While under the effects of such fields, this becomes just an incredibly sharp and well made beskad of traditional Mandalorian design.
DESCRIPTION

Though capable of such, Te'kyr (The End, in Basic) was not made to be a pretty blade when dreamed up by Ijaat Mereel for Mia Monroe. It was made of beskar, calcified mythosaur bone, veshok wood treated with ori'ramikade tree resin and the handle wrapped in tanned Graug hide as a warning. This blade, simple and brutal, was made with a keen edge and a knowledge of the fight ahead for the Alor'verde of the Mandalorian Protectors. Any Force User would be wise to fear it's single and thirsting edge, but Sith doubly so. The guard is set with a red kyber crystal that infuses the blade with Force Power chaneled and focused by the Mando'a glyphs upon it. The only bit of ornaent is a hand graven name along the bezel of the kyber-beskar pommel spike. Te'kyr - the End.

Last edited:
Maker of Stuff and Things.
Factory Judge
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

Hi, I'll be picking this up as my first sub as a trainee judge, so apologies if this takes a bit longer.

First off, I'd like to ask you to add a materials list to your production information list. I understand it's supposed to be mostly Beskar, but this is a required field. Also, you'll need to link to Mia's profile for the proper affiliation.

Secondly, while I understand the intent of your runic inscription ability, none of the force powers listed exactly act as "Anti-Force" the way you want them to. Individually, each of these powers are strong in their own right, but the way you want them to work in tandem makes this weapon incredibly powerful, and makes the potential for abuse. Could you please explain how you're achieving this overall ability? You mention Mandalorian Force Crafting, but as far as I'm aware, Mandalorians don't have a force tradition as such. If there's a codex sub for that, I'd ask you provide that. While sith runes are able to achieve certain effects with their forging techinque using sith swords, this would be practically acting as a personal force nullification blade, thus an entirely new force power.

My best suggestion would be to rework it to make it more clear, or specific what abilities it negates. I've seen a few light side sith swords, made one myself, all of which absorb force lightning, and can damage force spirits. If that's what you want, that's easy to work with, but this is slightly beyond that.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Rara Gowisi Rara Gowisi -

Before I decide how to proceed with your suggestions, I want to address my concerns with them. I don't feel some are fair or follow other judgments/general rules of the Factory.

Chief among my concerns is wherever in the rules of the Factory it states there must be an exact carbon copy in the canon of what an Alchemized item can do before it can be allowed to be done in Chaos. I can provide a number of links to currently approved and in-use items that do NOT follow this precedent in any way, some recently done under current factory rules (I.E. within the last few months) even I believe. I have reviewed every rule I can find and can't find anything that even hints at this requirement.

I'd also like to know where in the rules for the Factory it states there has to be a Codex sub detailing specific methodology and abilities of Crafting Traditions before they can be referenced on a submission. As with my prior objection, the use of runic and glyph-like inscriptions by Mandalorian crafters goes back years on this site and has (again) likely dozens of submissions using them and referencing them that vary in age. I can even find the relevant submissions and such to link to you if you require such. I don't mind doing a Lore submission if that is a requirement. I had intended to do one after a few relevant reference submissions like this beskad anyway, but as for it being a reason to reject a submission's capabilities I cannot find the supporting rule and can find plenty indicating this isn't a precedent or rule that is being followed in the Factory.

As for abuse of this item's abilities, I can add to the submission a statement that it must be agreed upon OOCly by the writers involved for the abilities of Force Null/Severing to work, so I don't think that's an issue. At all. I thought that would go without saying, but I have zero problems writing that out to make it clear. So I don't see any possibility for abuse in any form given that clarification.

To show I'm not just whining, in the first few results of recently approved Technology items in the Factory I have found this:

Now, though I only spent 10-15 minutes searching Wookie and Google, and this site, I found no references to Novanian Shamans and their healing abilities, or ability to craft potions, or any information on the rather vaguely listed/detailed herbs that empower this potion, or pretty much any information that you are demanding my submission have. Indeed, I found zero information at all on what a Novanian Shaman even is. Yet this item was approved without the onerous requirements you're placing on mine.

EDIT 2: Further, one of my own submissions was approved a few weeks ago using the Runic crafting traditions and an Implementation of Force Powers in a non-specific/traditional way by what I take to be your Factory Mentor, Krass Wyms Krass Wyms . So I hope this illustrates the confusion on my part as to your requests.

If we can clear up the above, and I can be given pointers to the rules within the Factory so I know how/what can be done and can operate within them, I'll adjust the submission accordingly. However, if you can't point me to any basis for your concerns, i'd like to request a new judge as I don't feel that you're being fair at all in this judgment without the above. If a new judge isn't possible, then I guess I'd like for the rules of the Factory to be clarified so I know what I'm able to make and don't waste any more of my time or yours with further impossible submissions.

EDIT 1: I will work on adding a materials heading to specifically collect the materials in one header, but they are detailed throughout the submission itself. Sorry if that's confusing, I didn't see anywhere to put it in the Template 6.0 stuff so I didn't do it thusly! Also added that OOC clause I mentioned to hopefully address any concerns of abuse.

Last edited:
Maker of Stuff and Things.
Factory Judge

First off, I'd like to state that I'm happy with your addition of the materials list. Looks great!

Secondly, I'd like to point out that the factory doesn't work in precedent. Each sub is judged on it's own, and my concerns are still valid. The concept behind this sword is great, but the ability to simply cancel out force abilities is incredibly powerful, and permanently damaging someone's force connection with each blow takes this from a 6 or a 7 to an 11 on a power scale. While I'm aware there's no canon precedent for it, that shouldn't matter in this case.

The biggest issue is how vague the language is. If you specified which force abilities it negated, that could work much better. But at current, the way it's worded, it's negating pretty much anything. A thrown lightsaber? Negated. Pyrokinesis? Cut down the flame. Negating abilities like this makes for pretty open opportunity for abuse, and makes for a relatively unbalanced sub.

Hi, I'll be picking this up as my first sub as a trainee judge, so apologies if this takes a bit longer.

First off, I'd like to ask you to add a materials list to your production information list. I understand it's supposed to be mostly Beskar, but this is a required field. Also, you'll need to link to Mia's profile for the proper affiliation.

Secondly, while I understand the intent of your runic inscription ability, none of the force powers listed exactly act as "Anti-Force" the way you want them to. Individually, each of these powers are strong in their own right, but the way you want them to work in tandem makes this weapon incredibly powerful, and makes the potential for abuse. Could you please explain how you're achieving this overall ability? You mention Mandalorian Force Crafting, but as far as I'm aware, Mandalorians don't have a force tradition as such. If there's a codex sub for that, I'd ask you provide that. While sith runes are able to achieve certain effects with their forging techinque using sith swords, this would be practically acting as a personal force nullification blade, thus an entirely new force power.

My best suggestion would be to rework it to make it more clear, or specific what abilities it negates. I've seen a few light side sith swords, made one myself, all of which absorb force lightning, and can damage force spirits. If that's what you want, that's easy to work with, but this is slightly beyond that.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Are you still wanting a detailed explanation of how this tradition works? I found a Factory sub for it if so. Might help for in the future.

Should detail the how. Since asked, once I get a few more subs and threads in on the topic a Lore article is in the works on the crafting system in vague terms.

I will work on limiting scope/powers affected, but I am fairly intent on the main purpose of the blade being able to sever/dull a Force connection so I'm wanting to know the yes or no of that before I do much more work on this item.

As well, a quote from the writer of Mishka and developer of the specific methodology used on how it works that may make sense why, while the specific powers referenced don't function that way, when used via Runi'verd techniques/runic inscriptions, they would combine to allow such usage:

"Her artifacts were all made by channeling "The Manda" into the weapon, similar to Jal Shey enchantments. Once the Manda infused the weapon, runes carved in the Taung language could be used to shape how the Manda expresses itself, similar to how Sith Runes shape the effects of their force imbued weapons."

I also took the liberty of obtaining a permission screenshot to clarify any questions that may arise there.

OyabjEO.png

I will be taking this submission over.

As your previous judge pointed out to you, and as you well know, the factory does not operate on precedent. No number of previous submissions has any impact on any other submission, we take each one at its own face value. This has not changed. No previously judged submission will have any impact on this submission.

So now we come to your submission.

I've looked over the force powers that you've mentioned in this submission in the feature quoted below:

Mando'a Runic Inscription: Combined with Glyphs in the Mandalorian Force Crafting tradition pioneered by Clan De'madas, this specific bind-glyph combines the forms for the powers of Force Rend, Force Destruction, Combustion and Shatterpoint into a singular symbol. This symbol is engraved at a microscopic level on a svolten-rhyolite enhanced mono-molecular edged blade in a repeating fashion along the single brutal edge, emanating from an empowered kyber crystal bled red with the combined blood sources of Ijaat Mereel and Mia Monroe. This imbuement allows for the blade to be a powerful anti-force weapon, able to dispel almost any offensive Force-based attack by meeting said attack with the edge of the weapon. Telekinetically thrown objects will drop to the ground, Sith lightning dissipates, and Sithspawn or Force Spirits or the like suffer extreme agony at the bite of this beskad. With enough hits to a Force User while empowering the kyber crystal, one could theoretically sever their connection to the Force, or even lessen it each blow.

Not one of these powers has anything to do with a connection to the force. They are all violently destructive powers, from Rend's ability to telekinetically contort an individual to shatterpoint's ability to find weaknesses in physical forms. Each power you have listed is capable of massive physical destruction, however, nowhere is it mentioned that they have any effect on the force.

So to answer your question, no I will not be approving this blade in its current form as a way to sever or dull someone's connection to the force or to counter-force abilities. That's just not what these abilities do.

In terms of the Mand'oa runic inscription, it appears to be a form of sith runes per your link, and as such I will treat it as a alternate form. That means, much like Sith runes, it can add force effects, it can not however be used to chop and combine abilities, that comes far too close to creating a whole new force power which is not allowed in the Codex or the factory.

I'm going to give you the choice as to what to do now. You can rewrite this submission to remove the force severing and ocuntering elements or I can archive it for you if the sword is useless without that.

Please tag me back and let me know how you wish to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom