Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tatooine Slave Auction

Fletcher glared at [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] for nudging him so hard and suddenly. "I'm not afraid. If they want to start, I can take them on." he said, regaining his composure and shaking his head at the man, smirking. "I'd like to see them try."

The Padawan removed the hood from his head after the heat had started to become unbearable. His eyes went towards the woman that stood besides them. "What's it to you?" he asked [member="Erith Hallawin"]. "and don't worry, we aren't getting her hopes up." he glanced back at the stage.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

When she spoke again, it was softer, directed only to the two men.
"Your friend here isn't the only one who might be concerned." She smiled, slightly, but it was clear that the expression was forced. "Let's just say that I'd rather not have this turn into a fight. Something tells me that they-" a glance was shot at the auctioneers- "wouldn't be happy about you skirting pay. Just a fair warning."
Her eyes narrowed and she turned back to the stage, waiting for the Jackals to continue the process.
[member="Fletcher Lorcan"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]​

Rhain would overhear the conversation of the group, her head would begin to sag as she overhears words of not having the money and not intending to get her hopes up, unfortunately as the child she is her assumptions would be around that she will forever be a slave to The Jackals. Her body quivers a moment at the thought, fear shooting through the child's body.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"]

Character
"27,000 creds. Can anyone top that!" he'd shout moving up and down the stage, his coat eddying behind him in lucrative swirls and deformation, forming around him as he stops. "Can anyone beat that!" proclaiming it with a long drag of his cigar, chiselling away its solid form until it is but a stump of ash. Frothing silver grey smoke ebbs its way out from behind his lips in small slivers.​
[member="Rhain"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"] [member="Haaza Kutter"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He turned to the woman in a hushed whisper, "I have 27,000 creds but that's it, I can't go higher unless you two want to pool the money we have together." He shrugged his shoulders, he trusted Fletcher had the best interest for the slave but this woman was an unknown so he couldn't count on her agreeing or either having best interest for this slave.

He looked to the head of the Jackal, his bid had not been raised so it looked like he could get this girl free from slavery, he held his breath somewhat as he bit his cheek firmly. He couldn't go higher if someone else raised the bid thanks to Fletcher raising the bid ridiculously high due to the taunts from the Duros.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"] | [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Rhain"] | [member="Erith Hallawin"]

'Tatooine. What a piece of chit planet. Nothing but sand and suns. Oh, and back water morons.' Zenva thought to herself disdainfully.

The Zabrak warrior, matron of her clan, moved through the crowd with ease. The deep hood of her trench coat kept her face hidden. The coat itself was left open owing to the heat of the desert planet. Beneath was her typical attire, knee high leather boots, black leggings clinging to well muscled legs, a short black and red pleated skirt, and a brown leather corset which in fact held plates of durasteel incorporated into it to provide protection to her abdomen. Her only visible weapons, a large fighting knife on her left hip and a BlasTech DL-22 Blaster Pistol holstered to her right thigh.

In truth she moved easily due to the larger male Zabrak ahead of her to clear her path. Orluk Aylia, Zenva's nephew, was a monstrous example of Zabrak physicality. Stand some six feet and several inches,the brute had little trouble moving anything out of his way.

Trailing behind Zenva was Orluk's younger sister, Renesri. The youth shared none of her brother's traits, standing only five foot two inches. Little Ren slipped between people like a shadow, disturbing nothing and no one as she moved.

The trio came to a stop near the middle of the crowd. Big Orluk scanning those around them for threats. Zenva's yellow-red eyes focused on the stage and it's occupants. With an absent minded gesture she summoned her young niece to her side, "Renesri dear, go get a good look at the sweet meats up there for sale. Find out the bid while your there."

Renesri nodded and vanished into the crowd. Moments later she stepped out before the stage. The small woman took a few moments to appraise the slave being sold before turning to the auction master, "You there, man-ling, what is the bid for her?" Gesturing to the slave.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]
[member="Fletcher Lorcan"]
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]
[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Rhain"]
[member="Erith Hallawin"]
(Who did I miss?)

Fletcher said nothing to the auctioneers, knowing it would be stupid to raise the price even further now [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] was here. He turned to the man and asked quietly. "Are you going to free any other slaves? Or did you come here with the intent of just freeing one?" he asked, though it sounded more insulting than he had intended.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Rhain"]

Cadan would look down to the Zabrak. "Right now she's at 27,000 thousands creds." He'd gesture towards Rhian with his head. "Better run off and bid before you miss out."
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

He growled to Fletcher take that tone with him. He was attempting something nice and was being spoken down for it. "Well if you must know, I intented to save no slaves, slavery is too common place to attempt to stop it. However I saw the Jackals involved and had to intervened but seems we might have a competitor and I'm not happy about this. The bid is all I can afford so I can't raise it higher if it is." He growled to Fletcher as he looked over to the new arrivals with some distaste.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"] | [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] | [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] | [member="Erith Hallawin"]

Renesri didn't bother going anywhere. She simply turned in place and called out in her mother tongue, Zabraki, "Lady Zenva. Twenty seven thousand. She is young. Younger than I am."

Zenva nodded, through her hood made the gesture pointless. She leaned in toward her large nephew, "Thirty even, Orluk. Call it out."

The large Zabrak nodded and lifted a large gauntlet clad hand into the air, shouting over the crowd in Basic, "Thirty Thousand credits for the girl!"

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Rhain"]

Hmm.
"I can add it five thousand, at most. If you're interested, that is. As long as it's guranteed she goes somewhere... safe."
Why did she feel the need to say that? Perhaps it was the force she felt flowing through the childe. Or maybe it was a reminder of what she had seen when she herself was a youngster. Whatever it was, it was enough to sway her decisions.
"We might be able to-"
"Thirty thousand credits for the girl!" Chite.
"We can go up two thousand unless the boy can scrounge up the money he offered. If you're still interested, of course. Otherwise... your only chance of 'saving' her, if that's what you actually want to do, is to start a fight. I've already stated my thoughts on that."
She was considering fading back into the background. But her damned curiosity made her stay...
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Fletcher Lorcan"]​

Rhain's head would shoot up towards the sound of thirty thousand credits, she started to look around towards all the people around her and her head seems to look directly at some of the people, she quivers a moment before softly muttering.

"So many people..."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"]

Character
"30,000 creds, do we have anyone who can top." he'd look towards the crowd, and than to cigar between his fingers. It was almost short enough to burn him. With an effort, he leaned forward to crush it out against one of the neighbouring walls. "Can anyone beat that!" he'd meander towards Rhaine, planting his hand on her shoulder.​
[member="Rhain"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"] [member="Haaza Kutter"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Rhain's body would immediately shiver from the point that [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] 's hand met her shoulder, she settled a moment later but it was obvious that she was physically uncomfortable with the mans hand upon her. Rhain's face would frantically be going left and right, despite her blindfold, you would think she was looking for someone to help her.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that..." he knew there was nothing he could say that would justify his words. He looked over his shoulder at another woman who had bid. Was everyone here wanting to free the slave? Or was she really that special?

"32,000." he called out solemnly.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Character
"32,000 creds, is there anyone who can beat this young man!" scuffing his boots upon the stage with a light squeak, before releasing his grip on Rhain's shoulders. "C'mon this is your final chance!" his thumb and index finger meeting in the middle running along the coarse of his chin stroking the strangled undivided hair that rounds his chin and upper lip.​

Cadan would lean down next to Rhian. "Your going to make us rich, girl." A wolfish grin would spread across his face. "Although it will be ashame to get rid of you."

He'd get back up and continue scanning the crowds, he'd take note of Fletcher and he thought something about the man in the (assuming) white robes looked familiar. He notice that they were bidding. "Best keep an eye on them" He thought to himself.
[member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Rhain"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic growled as the Zabrak had raised it another three thousand creds, this woman wouldn't go out easily, Yuroic sighed as he looked to both of the people who wanted to save this girl. He watched as Fletcher raised the bid to maximum that they had. He breathed out coolly.

He didn't break his poker face as he spoke to the others, "Get in position to give yourselves a strong fight. I'm not liking the woman at all, we need to act fast and stun the opponents. This is a precaution but I doubt this bid will stay strong for long." He whispered, giving nothing to his opposition as he stood tall and strong.

[member="Erith Hallawin"] | [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] | [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] | [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Rhain"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
It had been a long time since Anaya had set foot on Tatooine, even longer since she'd witnessed a slave auction. Face obscured by a hood like many others here, Anaya moved slowly from the back of the crowd, edging forward with anger growing with every step forward she took. Her memory echoed with the sound of a cracking whip and the searing pain it had left down her back. Her fingers curled around the saber staff concealed at the small of her back and her anger rippled through the force.

She hated slavers, and she hated all that kept slaves. She scanned the faces of those bidding and committed them to memory for later use.

She pushed through the front lines and approached the girl for sale. She circled her, nudging back guards that moved forward with a flick of her wrist. Stopping before the girl she reached out, fingers caressing the line of [member="Rhain"] 's jaw as if inspecting her. I understand your fear, but you must not let it control you. She spoke telepathically. You must use it. Use it and your anger, for only you can take your freedom. It cannot be given to you.

Stepping back, her cloak slipped free with a small nudge of the force and Anaya brought her lightsaber out for all to see, settling her gaze upon the slave masters. "If you know what is good for you," she spoke loud enough for all to hear "Then you will cease this sale immediately and find yourselves a very dark hole to hide in."

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Sena Lassiter"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Rhain's body seems to freeze the moment that she feels [member="Anaya Fen"] 's finger against her face, with the telepathy making it impossible for her to keep her legs from collapsing under her and with that, she falls to her knees. Rhain's breathing increases as her fear is almost at its height as she hears the sound of the saber flickering to life, her entire body quivering in fear as she covers her face and head.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Erith Hallawin"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Fiarr Zikri'tvo"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] [member="Anaya Fen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom