Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taris Heaven (INVITE ONLY)

Prazutis

Prudii Kyr'am Alor/Mandalorian Elder
Jarell waking through Taris taking in the sights knowing this will be his clans home. Jarell noticed the Cantina and decides to get a feel for the people since he won't drink in public due to he refuses to remove his helmet in public. He steps inside the Cantina and looks around. Lights are dim, black lights in some areas, the Cantina buzzing with all types of people. Jarell sees a booth off to the side and heads to it and sits down at the booth relaxing as he watches the band playing live music and watching ask the different people of all kinds of species enjoying themselves and talking with friends. Jarell remembers friends at one time in his life. He also remembers love... He had a wife, until she stabbed him multiple times and abandoned the mandalorians to join Death Watch.

Jarell shook the bad thoughts out of his head. He was here to relax and enjoy himself.

"Sabaac!"

A collective groan went up around the table, and the small, white haired echani woman grinned as she collected a pile of credit chips. She shoved them into the pouch at her side, then started to gather her lucky deck. She dressed in a ragged old leather jacket that had been patched half to death, and a pair of white leather trousers with little tears in them. Her top was really more of a bra than anything. Like a 'streetwalker' was the way Barnabus had once described her 'look'. And she did look the part, with smeared red lipstick, think black eyeliner, several piercings in her ears, and a mass of short, unkempt hair. Who would have thought that this woman was the pirate Queen herself, and the widow of the famous Calico Tal'verda?

"Another round boys?" she asked, holding up her deck.

One stood up immediately, saying; "I can't afford losing like this."

Then the rest started to clear out too, shaking heads and checking their wallets. Zandra leaned back in her chair, lit up another cigarette and blew a gust of dark smoke after them.

"Suit yerself," she waved over the waiter, "Another bluesky. Thanks."

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell noticed [member=zandra Tal'verda] shouting from winning a card game and the other men walking off with agitated looks on thier faces. Jarell stood up and begin walking towards her. His beskar red with black and the obvious use of wear from scratch marks, a lightsaber cut out two and some blaster scorch marks. Jarell stopped short of Zandra.

apparently some drunks can't stand loosing to a woman, mind if I sit?

Jarell would not say anything but for some reason he was attracted to this woman, was it her style, he personality he saw from her winning a card game. He was not sure but he had to find out. Jarell examined Zandra through his T visor on his helmet waiting for her response.

"Knock yourself out."

The Echani shrugged, to distracted by the drink that had just arrived to even glance up at him until she'd already agreed to let him sit. She took a deep swig of her drink, enjoying the familiar burn down her throat. For nineteen years, she hadn't touched a glass of an anything else, not after her husband had introduced her to it. She glanced up at the man who had come to join her and offered a smile when she'd finished draining half her glass.

"Come here often?" she asked, slouching noticeably in her seat, "Do the boys here usually run away crying when a girl picks on them?"

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell sits down and watched her take a swig of her drink. All he could think was that it's a good thing she is a drinker cuz he was too.

not usually, most men I have seen deal with the situation not cry like babies, and no I don't come here often, this is my first time in this Cantina, My mandalorian clan Dha'Oya'Karir just claimed the planet since it's under mandalorian control. We have a compound fort nearby and I wanted to see what civilians were like here. It's apparent men are babies and women are ruthless.

The waitress asked Jarell if he wanted anything, he slightly turned his head and waived the waitress off. Jarell turned his focus back to [member=Zandra Tal'verda].

so what brings you here? You don't look the type to be mando'ade.

Jarell kept examining her but he begin to wonder if he was checking her out more than examining her.

He was watching her. She could tell, but she didn't let it bug her. Men looked at her a lot. She was a mes, but she was a hot mess. That was the best kind of mess you could be. She set her glass down and took another long drag of her cigarette.

"Verd ori'shya beskar'gam," she replied in her still somewhat shaky mando'a. Still, it was a vast improvement. Her husband taught her almost 12 years ago. She'd practiced nearly every day, and she was starting to get a handle on it.

"I married a mandalorian," she explained, "But I never left after he died. I am as much a child of Mandalore as you, my big red friend. ...I just have a better sense of style."

She laughed bitterly. That was the first time she admitted that her husband was most likely dead. For all these 8 long years, she'd just been saying he was 'missing', or just 'gone'. It made her feel... lighter.

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smiled under his helmet. It intrigued him that she knew mando'a. Jarell nodded listening about her husband.

ni haa'taylir, pirusti gar a jate jivaor verd. I'm also sorry about your husband, the life of a mando'ade is not an easy one.

Jarell world set his hand on the table exposing the spike bar across each gloved hand's knuckles. Jarell for the first time felt relaxed as he looked into [member=Zandra tal'verda]'s eyes. It was a good feeling

The echani raised a thin white eyebrow at what he said. Unless she translated it wrong (possible) he sounded like he was hitting on her. Interesting. Zandra hadn't even touched another man since Calico. Was she even capable of flirting back? Maybe. She wasn't sure she was ready to try though.
...8 years later, and she still felt married.

"Life among the Echani is no easier," she shrugged, wondering if her reveal would turn him off. Echani and the mandalorians had a rough history. Some of the Mandalorians she knew has become instantly agressive when she revealed her heritage.
"Things happen. I knew he and I wouldn't have much time together. Just wish he had left me a body to burn."

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smiled hearing she was an enchanti, especially considering the rough past Mandalorians and enchanti have had. Jarell goes on listening to her feeling sympathy for her not even having the ability to bury her husband.

I'm sorry about your husband, if I hear anything I'll let you know, and yes it would at least been nice to have a body for a funeral. At least you or him didn't do what my ex wife did, she stabbed me and betrayed the mandalorians to join death watch

Jarell could not believe it, he was sitting here with [member=zandra tal'verda] an enchanti having a casual conversation and to say the most he was hitting on her. This was rare but he enjoyed it

The echani took a slow drag from her cigarette, keeping a raised eyebrow cocked at her table guest.

"A stabbing! Well, that is one way to ask for a divorce I guess."

She leaned ever so slightly forward, looking at the red lipstick stain on her cigarette butt. She smirked.

"You n' her ever have any kids?"

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smiled at her comment about the divorce. Then she asked about kids jarell has none but wanted one even if it was adopted.

no I have no kids do you?

Jarell debated on removing his helmet or not while awaiting [member=zandra tal'verda]'s answer

"I do. A son and a daughter."

She seemed lost in thought for a moment, running her hands through her mane of wild blonde hair.

"And a grandbaby on the way, I hear. My daughter and her husband."

She smirked again, wondering if this news would surprise him. She knew she didn't look old. Her people did not age very drastically. It was a blessing and a curse.

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell looked a tad bit surprised to hear about a grand baby.

you don't look old enough to be a grand mother. What are your kids names?

Jarell liking the idea she is older maybe that means she is closer to his age. He was tempted to use his ID scanner and find out everything about her, but he'd rather be told by herself.

[Member=zandra tal'verda]

Ha! He had no idea who he was talking to. Hadn't even asked her name before going into detail about her kids. Was he a bounty hunter? No. He was much too laid back to be one. If he hadn't even asked her name, there was no way he'd be after the bounty on her head.

"Aren't you gunna ask my name first?" she laughed, flicking ash off the end of her cigarette, "Usually that's the first thing you ask before you ask about someones kids."

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smirked.

at any given time I could find out anything about you. See being in my line of work I have this nice feature in my HUD system in my helmet called an ID scanner. Comes in handy cause I'm a bounty hunter mandalorian and it makes finding bounties easier. But I have not used it, and I won't, I'd rather you tell me, so what is your name?

Jarell smiles now telling her his line of work outside of the mando'ade.

...Oh good. Bounty Hunter. Frak. It would just happen like this. She meets a nice guy who can talk to her despite being an Echani, and what is he? Bloody bounty hunter. Under the table, she ran her hand along her left thigh, running her hand along the handle of her favorite knife holstered there. If she had to, if he scanned her, she'd have to cut him up a bit and run like hell. The amount of credits he could get from the famous pirate captain could buy him a new ship and then some!

She pulled on a flirtatious smile, leaning forward.

"Zandra," she answered, "Zandra from clan Tal'verda."

Maybe that would distract him. Give him her clan name. Set him at ease. Yeah. She was one of him. Now she just had to make sure he didn't go looking her up in the criminal databanks. She had a rap sheet the size of a moon.

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smiled that she was part of the tal'verda clan but in reality he knew who she was.

hmmm [member=Zandra Tal'verda], I know you, I've never seen you before but I know your name, you have a hefty price on your head. But don't worry I don't plan on claiming it. I'm interested in you, I like you, so relax.

Jarell smiled behind his mask hoping she believed him that he was serious, he did not want her bounty.

...Alright. So flirting worked here. She really just wanted to finish her drink, have a good night, maybe go dancing. It's been a rough couple years. The only thing now she wanted was a night to enjoy herself and not run for her life.

"Oh? You aren't going to try to arrest me?"

She raised a thin white eyebrow, her thin smile never wavering. As if he could arrest her even if he wanted to. Nobody had ever managed to capture her yet! Not in twenty years!

"Thank ya kindly, then, Mister....?"

[member="Jarell"]

Prazutis

Jarell smiled finally taking off his helmet showing his face. His hair was dark brown shirt and neat a buzz cut style. He had a neatly trimmed moustache and beard combination. On the right side of his face was burn mark scars, his left side had 3 scars on top of each other on his cheek. Then from the top of his cheek to over his left eye to right to the center of his forehead was a scar.

name is Jarell Xaaris, Alor for mando'ade Aliit Dha'Oya'Karir.

Jarell had never taken his helmet off for anyone and never in public, he just hoped his scars didn't bother her

Scars were nothing new to Zandra. Everybody had them. It was an indication of bravery. Her late husband had them too, all over his face, neck, arms, chest. She'd spend nights running her fingers along the cruel lines, admiring the handywork of the dead man who gave them to him. No. His scars did not bother her. She did not even blink when she saw them.

"A pleasure ta meet ya," she said, raising her nearly empty glass to him, "So now that were friends, why don't you take a look there and let me know exactly how much my bounty is for. I'm curious now."

[member="Jarell"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom