Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Take a break, take a night out!

Outfit: Dress
Tags: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

"Masters aren't meant to necessarily be fun, they need to ensure you survive. That you live a long and happy life, and being a Padawan is a delicate time. Sure when you reach Knighthood, you will see a different side to your Master that will make you realise he just cared about you." Kat mentioned as she smiled slightly towards the younger woman. "Master of drinks? Hmmm, not sure that would go down well with the other Jedi but I will take it." Kat chuckled deeply.

Shrugs, "mostly just creeps who attempt to turn anything deeply cultural into something perverted. Alas, that is life though." Kat shrugged her shoulders as she thought about things. "Don't worry about your inquiry. I could tell it was a genuine question and nothing more." Kat winked to Aveline as she realised that Aveline might have taken what she said as offense to a genuine inquiry about her people. "I would have said something if I felt offended, trust me, not a shy person." Kat smirked.

Pouring herself another glass, "aye, the whole bottle, between the two of us should take no time. Especially because you said you enjoyed it. Don't forget, this is a lot less alcoholic than the rum and whisky so takes more to pact in as much of a punch. Might make you pee more though." Kat laughed a little as she drank from her refilled glass.

"I find it very enjoyable. But it isn't for everyone and important to find a drink that shares a meaning and comfortable for you to drink. So, that could be wine, could be whisky, could even be glass of beer or cider that will be trying shortly." Kat stated, "just know your limits and drink within those. Going excessive is never fun nor is it good for the body." Kat stated, giving advice she would never follow currently but that was her and she held her own demons.

Shaking her head, "not so much the Jedi work, I technically still own my own tech business. Built ships, firearms and ship parts. It was a good business but tricky. Also meant that I can money coming in." Kat shrugged again, "but I suppose healing work is picking up the slack of my tech work."

Looking around the place, Kat shook her head, "I tend to go to the lower levels, more dive bar style. Dangerous at times, but plenty of attractive people around and music is much more to my taste. However, this place is better for a first night out ever. Ease you in instead of dropping you at the deep end."

"Yeah. You're right, I know you're right" she said with a sigh, accompanying the following pause with another sip from the wine. "And I appreciate what Master Rane is doing, I do. Force knows it's better than what... Well, it doesn't matter." she chuckled, catching herself before she fell into a long ramble.

"Knighthood. I wonder what that's gonna be like. Suddenly having all the answers. And teaching Padawans. Me? With a Padawan? Can you imagine" Aveline couldn't. But she knew she'd want to become that version of herself. She enjoyed training, and teaching. At least the concept of it.

Aveline gave another chuckle. Before she knew it, her wine glass was empty and she was filling it up a new. "You are wise, o Master of Drinks" and this sweet stuff went down effortlessly. She could grow to like this. Truth be told, she already did. "I'll keep experimenting. All valuable research, I'm sure, whoever covers my Jedi stipend will agree"

"Lower levels, huh? You like a bit of danger?" Aveline asked, face wearing a teasing smirk. The way Kat described it, it did sound enticing. But she was probably right, the way she'd been acting before Kat had cleared her through the Force, she hadn't been prepared to handle unforeseen circumstances.

"That sounds cool" she said, as Kat talked about her tech work. Something about that made her suddenly sit up straight, another topic coming to mind. "What do you think about armor?" It was a wide topic, and what Aveline meant was probably not immediately clear. "For Jedi, I mean. You always hear how the only armour a Jedi needs is the Force. But why not both? Wouldn't that make you ever better at your job? I've always just worn the usual robes, you know, and so do most of the Jedi I know." Aveline had gotten them singed more than once. The Force had been there to protect her, but she had also spent enough weeks in a med bay to know sometimes it wasn't enough. Kat seemed the ideal person for this topic - a great warrior in her own right, with ties to the tech industry. Did they merge for her, or were they two separate things for her? "But, well... Surely there's a middle-ground to be had somewhere, don't you think?"

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Shrugs, "we've all had poor teachers in the past. My first Jedi Master was totally not suitable for me. Made all kinds of suggestions that I just didn't agree with, didn't feel comfortable with being taught. But we find what we need and we stick to it best we can." Kat offered the comfort best she could, "seems you found what you needed in your Master Rane."

Shaking her head firmly, "slow down. Knighthood doesn't mean all that. I don't have all the answers, most of the Jedi Masters don't hold all the answers. Being a Knight doesn't mean you get some secret knowledge in how life works. Still make errors, still have lessons to learn, still have a life to live. Doesn't mean you have to take on a Padawan right away, doesn't mean you won't make errors. Just means you have to be more accountable for them." Kat shrugged her shoulders, "biggest change is a Padawan makes errors and the blame falls on the Master or Knight with them, a Knight or Master makes an error, the blame falls on them. Responsibility and accountability. Two big things you take on as a Jedi Knight. From what I have observed anyways."

Chuckles deeply, "to experience life to the fullest then young Padawan." Kat raised a glass in toast with a light chuckle.

"Like a bit of danger? To some women, I am a bit of danger if you listen to them." Kat teased back, "lower levels aren't as dangerous as people think, still to yourself, don't go around gawking at people, you'll be fine. Especially as long as you don't look or act like a Jedi or cop." Kat smirked.

Chuckling the topic turned swiftly into tech and into armour for Jedi. "Well, there is material out there, weaves that can be strong enough to avoid harm from Lightsabers but light enough to not effect one's ability to use the Force. Costly material and not always easy to get. However, energy shields are another way to go. Echani fighters tend to be lightly armoured and shielded, gives them the ability to express their full potential in a fight instead of being limited by the armour." Finishing her glass of wine, "similar approach could work for Jedi, but some Jedi were full heavy armour, some wear fabrics, some wear a mix. Depends on the Jedi, the fighting style you prefer and the likelihood of you being in danger." Kat explained.

"Suppose you're right. I just always thought whenever I got Knighted, I'd have it all figured out, you know? Realizing that's not the case at all, knowing that I perhaps never will... Well, it's a bit scary, you know?"

The cheers, however, was something Aveline could get behind. "Experiencing life to the fullest, before all that responsibility and accountability comes along" she chimed in, with a laugh.

"Now you make me curious. Where do I find these women, and what will they say about you?" she teased. Realizing she'd reached the end of another glass, she poured over some more of that wine bottle. They were making good work of it together. She needn't have worried after all.

"But I am a Jedi" she said, swirling the crimson liquid around her glass. "Am I supposed to turn it all off?" turning the question back onto herself, was she never meant to get a night off? If she witnessed some illicit activities, was it not her duty to intervene? Or could she let certain things slide, for the benefit of blending in, releasing steam, for the benefit of her own mental health? Not like she could end all crime on Coruscant, even if she spent every waking hour.

Aveline laughed. "Likelihood of danger? High." she felt she could say that with some confidence. "But a mix sounds like it could be something for me. I'll be too slow and sluggish in heavy, unless I bulk up... Which I won't. Yeah, something in between. Light, protective. Not necessarily against a direct hit, but protecting against glancing blows, you know?" that sounded like the ticket. She made a note of looking into that for the future.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

"I think that is the trap that many fall into. They assume all adults, mentors and those they admire have their lives sorted because they only see a small portion of their lives. I am far from having the life I wanted at your age and I am not likely to gain it any time soon. But just because you might not have everything sorted, together or how you imagined it, doesn't mean you are failing or has to be scary." Kat shrugged, "life can be scary and that's normal, we don't live forever but never be hard on yourself, have goals and aim for them but allow yourself to fail and grow from that too."

Kat laughed deeply, "oh no, talking to them you would get a horrendous idea of me. Seeing me as some flake who is afraid of commitment and rather spend a single night before moving on. No, no, no. They would paint your Master of drinking in an awful light." Kat smirked and winked to Aveline as she finished her glass of wine. "Better off just chatting to me, I say."

Nodding her head, Aveline was worried about being a Jedi, "look. Yes, you are a Jedi and I would never want you to hide who you are but people in the lower levels, they don't always have the best impressions of Jedi so if you are dressing as one or acting like one, they might be offended, triggered or stupid enough to start an issue with you. Most of time though, just wearing a dress or something nightclub appropriate and you are totally fine. And I'll be with you for your first time exploring the nightclubs there if you want." Kat offered a reassuring smile.

Shaking her head, "mix is likely best. Even aiming for just very effective light armour could be ideal. Echani warriors go into battle with light, strong armour and energy shields. That could be the approach that benefits you as well. Medium or heavy armour can be restrictive and not ideal for the agile fighting of some. I know any armour I design has to be light armour since I prefer Ataru and anything heavier will just affect movement. Luckily I only got to focus on protecting my upper body though." Kat chuckled deeply.

"I guess we can't live out all our dreams. But we take what is given" Aveline, said more to herself than anything else. Her life had not followed her predicted trajectory at all, yet she was still on the path of becoming a Jedi. Nothing else mattered then... "Easy to say, hard to live. But you're right. Again. You have a habit of that" she said jokingly, taking another sip- oh wait, her glass was empty. Time to rectify that! Wow, that bottle really is going down rather quickly...

"But it's nice to vent for a change. Jedi don't do that nearly enough" she said with a smile. She appreciated this. Whatever it was doing for her, she had not anticipated, but a part of her knew she needed this.

"Right... Yeah, that makes sense I suppose." Aveline nodded. And suppose revealing she was Jedi removed, or at least reduced, the chance of her continuing to go to the lower levels. Blowing her cover as it were, which could prevent her from doing good in the future.. Or... She was overthinking this. Relax. Don't worry so much.

"Yeahh, I like the sound of that" she said, nodding again as the topic moved to armours and the like. All of the sudden her eyes shot open and she blurted out "I also use Ataru!" in retrospect, she didn't know why she'd gotten that excited. Not like she was the only Ataru-practioner at the temple. Still, another thing in common, something to relate to. "Can't imagine I'd last long with heavy armour then" she chuckled. Ataru demanded she remained light on her feet.

Noticing the bottle appeared to grow empty, Aveline looked over at Kat. "So, what do you think? On to the next one? Or do we save that for another night?"

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat shrugged, "it's important for healers to not only heal the body," tapping Aveline's arm, "but to also heal the mind and soul, which is sometimes even more important than healing the body." Kat tapped Aveline's forehead and sternum before shrugging again and smiling warmly. "Too many focus on physical strains and efforts and not realise the mental toll it can take to be a Jedi, to go to war and to harm others when you swore to protect." Kat had seen many who were shaken to their cores about the actions they have done in the name of good.

"Venting is totally important and healthy part of life, never feel like you can't vent to me." Kat offered a warm sympathetic smile to Aveline. "Why taking breaks like this and having nights out are important, a way to vent that isn't necessarily talking but just open and honest."

Chuckling as Aveline got all excited by the fact they were both Ataru users, it was always nice to find bonds that you held with others. Even if it wasn't that uncommon. "Ataru is a good style to master. I designed my legs to help with it and ensure I could be Echani as possible as well." Tapping her robotic thigh. "Could have gone with something heavier, bulkier and better for a strong grounded stance but Echani forms are fluid and movement based like Ataru. Expressions through movement." Kat mentioned as she thought about the different leg designs she went through.

"The choice is yours, next would be beer, a pitcher of it. But if you rather call it a night then we can certainly do that." Kat offered a warm smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom