Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Take a break, take a night out!

Outfit: Dress
Tags: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

Tying her hair into a stylish bun with a long thread needle keeping everything in place, Kat looked at herself in the mirror. It was getting close to evening and Kat was prepping herself for another night checking out the Coruscant nightclubs, she had been doing it a fair amount lately and she was interested in giving it another night. Last couple of times, she had been focused on drinking that everything else seemed to be either a blur or she didn't get to do the things she had intended to do. Tonight was different, tonight she was to yes drink, but dance, flirt, enjoy herself and not worry about her dreams at all tonight. Kat sighed, that was the plan and it would do her plenty of good to enjoy herself. She was stressing out about the future and events that hadn't even happened that she wasn't allowing herself to be present, to enjoy the time that she had. Everything will right itself, it had to.

If others could settle, could find happiness then so could she and that is all that she had to think on.

Selecting a green dress and ensuring it was adorned on her correctly, Kat took a deep intake and sighed. It had been awhile since she had settled longer than a week anywhere really. While she wasn't feeling exactly like she was home or even close to that. It was nice to think about how she was potentially getting to know others and maybe even develop friends if she made sure to stick around and stay in contact with others. That was a daunting thought for her since Kat had never really been in contact with many people for long, things happen and with the galaxy being such a large place it was always hard to stay in contact with others. Especially Jedi who were regularly on missions and keeping themselves busy.

Chewing on her bottom lip, that wasn't the only thing, Kat could have always tried harder in the past but there was baggage and she preferred fresh starts than being weighed down. She was a coward and just couldn't work through the awkwardness, it was why she had fled the Jedi to start with. Sighing, now she was getting stuck in the past and not the future, this whole being present was a lot tough than people made out. No, she had to focus on the night. Drink, dance, flirt, bed. The plan, she had one and needed to stick with it. Sorting her heels, she made sure that she could work somewhat comfortably in them, testing herself before making way outside to find a taxi to take her to the night scene.

Walking by herself, Kat adjusted her hair a bit so she had a strand of hair either side of her face, frame it as she walked. Minding her own business as she headed out.

There was a lot for Aveline to get accustomed to. Too much to process in one day, and probably too much to process sober. A new place to call home, even though it didn't feel like one, and a lot of conflicting beliefs and prejudices that needed to be overcome.

All she knew was that she trusted her master, Rane, and she couldn't sit idly by while the galaxy burned. She needed to be at the front lines, doing something, feeling useful. How she felt on a personal level didn't much matter. The times she lived in demanded that the traditionalist reformed.

Rather than brood and ponder - she'd done enough of that, meditating too - she headed out. This was the planet that never slept, right? It was high time to see what it was about, take a walk, feel the polluted air and grow used to not seeing the stars above her.

There wasn't a plan or a target destination, only walking. She had forgotten her vest back where she was staying, but it wasn't as chilly as she had expected. Instead she wore a tight dark blue top that left her shoulders bare and extended down beyond her upper hips, ontop of black, form-fitting pants.

Aveline had stopped, staring up at the sky for a moment trying if she could make out anything at all. "This planet..." she said with a deep sigh, then began walking again, minding where she stepped, except that she didn't, and she bumped straight into a woman in a green dress. Oopsie. "Oh feth!" she called out on reflex. "Sorry, I was lost in thought - wow, you work out" she managed to blurt out. Somehow the feeling of what she'd bumped into and the visuals took a moment to connect. Rock hard abs. "I mean - ah feth" yeah there was no recovery button on that one.

"Have a nice evening" she said, apologetically. At least she could try to end it on a nice note. "Speaking of, where do you find one of those around here?"

Kat had barely noticed the younger woman as she stepped out into the cooling night air. Accidentally bumping into each other, Kat reached out and grabbed the other woman and ensured she was steady on her feet. "No need to apologise, should have looked where I was going as well." Kat offered a warm smile as she ensured the woman was steady then chuckled deeply at the comment on her body, "seems you got a good feel, or a good look, or both." Kat teased softly, "I keep in shape, easy to do when fighting is the first language you learnt." Kat mentioned.

"Don't worry too much about it. I said a lot more embarrassing things out loud to others. Especially to those I had a crush on, not to suggest you do." Kat stated as she looked around and didn't see a taxi nearby, frowning since she had to decide to either wait for one or wander around to the clubs. The other woman was mentioning having a good night and heading off before mentioning that she didn't know how to have one. Kat tilted her head and looked over to her, "well, how old are you? Depends on where we can go and what you can experience. Come on, not having a young woman miss out on the fun of Coruscant."

Kat whistled loudly and called a taxi over to them, "and don't fret, we won't head to the lower levels this time around. Those clubs aren't for first timers, keep it classy this time around." Kat stated with a smirk etched on her lips, "either way, you can buy me first round as a tour guide tip." Poking her tongue out playfully.

Bumping into people like that often ran the risk of getting you yelled at, or worst case into a fight. As far as bumpees went, it seemed Aveline had found the best kind! The friendly and chatty kind. In a new place with few connections, it was just what she needed in fact. The Force worked in mysterious ways…

Aveline smiled apolegetically but was happy they could move on from her initial awkwardness. The way she spoke of fighting as her first language was instantly relatable to the young Padawan. She made a note of asking her about that later.

At the mention of crushes, Aveline laughed nervously on reflex, a bit lost for words «I uh- I mean- You know» but thankfully they quickly moved on before she managed to embarrass herself.

Aveline's smile widened as the conversation went on. It did not go where she had expected, but it seemed she'd just gotten herself invited to hang out. She didn't have much better to do, and as soon as the thought entered her mind she felt it was exactly what she needed. She was immediately onboard.

«I am, uh… How old do you need to be to get the full Coruscant experience? Because as it turns out, I am that old» she grinned.

«Sure, classy» no arguments there. Though somehow she imagined what went for classy here was different from where she'd grown up. «I'm Aveline by the way. And yes, first drink on me! Maybe even the second if I like where you take me» she jested back at her.

As the doors of the taxi closed and it speeded away, it became apparent just how easy it might be to kidnap someone like Aveline if one really wanted. Oh well… Trust in the Force, and attractive and charistmatic strangers. What could possibly go wrong.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Leaning back in the seat of the taxi, Kat looked over her newfound companion and chuckled deeply, "well, I didn't want to throw into the deep end and didn't want to get into trouble by your Jedi Master if I ended up taking you places you can't go." Winks, revealing that Kat knew she was a Jedi, and a Padawan at that. "How is your training going? Seems you are the hard working type." Kat asked, curious to get to know the Padawan as the taxi drove them to the first spot. "I'm Kat Decoria, work as a healer." Kat introduced herself so that Aveline didn't feel like she was actually being kidnapped.

"Classy is probably a stretch, this place is more, less likely to be harassed by guys and the drinks are reasonable. Classy would cost a fortune here." Kat clarified as she smoothed her dress slightly. "The full Coruscant experience would take more than one night. Big place this world and with a lot of layers. Maybe if tonight goes well, I'll let you join me on another night." Chuckles deeply, teasing that there was potential to hang out more.

Taxi stopping outside a building, Kat stepped out and her heels clicked on the floor. "This place will be our first place, thinking a drink, check out the music and see if the dancefloor is good. Never know, might be someone on the dancefloor you find attractive and want to dance with." Kat suggested, not assuming at all that Aveline might be interested in herself.

"Ready to start the night?" Kat asked with a coy look on her face.

Aveline had been taken by surprise that Kat knew she’d been a Jedi. In the end she let out a sigh, and with a smile asked “That obvious?”

“I try. It’s going well. On my… Third Master now”
she said with a laugh. The laugh was more of a defensive mechanism of sorts, seeing as the other two had died. Although the second one had come back to life, so she wasn’t sure if that counted? Regardless…

Which led her onto her Master, and whether or not he’d approve of her nightly activitie. “What he doesn’t know he can’t… Well, usually he knows most things… But he didn’t say that I couldn’t.. Although… You know what, I’ll take my chances and deal with that as it happens.” She managed to blurt out in a stream of consciousness thinking out loud kind of way.

“I’m at that stage where I constantly feel I’m ready to take my final trials, then constantly get thrown into situations that prove I’m not ready yet.” She leapt back onto a former thread, seeing as she’d asked about her training. “I’m originally from Silver space, but I’ve recently moved over here. It’s been a… Process” one she was still coming to terms with, and still felt conflicted about. Her stance on it all seemed to changed multiple times a day.

“Oh good, I definitely can’t afford classy then” Aveline laughed as they touched down to their first destination. Aveline smiled at the potential of joining again for another night. “Slowly unraveling the onion that is Coruscant” with all its layers.

“Ready” Aveline said. Although, taking a second gander at Kat; her dress, her heels, it became obvious that Aveline herself seemed severely underdress. Her face made her thoughts easy to read like an open book. “You think this is fine?” she asked, gesturing to her outfit. Oh Force, had she come all this way only to get thrown out at first opportunity…

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat smirked as Aveline's surprise at being caught out on being a Jedi. "Well, you are on Coruscant, there are lots of Jedi here. Don't seem the politician type and not a native here since you never had a night out, so Jedi seemed a solid guess. Also, you create an aura that other Force Users can detect as well, even on crowded planets like this one. Force signatures tend to be the biggest giveaways in Padawans since they haven't learnt how to hide them." Kat spoke with a light chuckle since she was revealing herself to be a Force User.

"Three Masters? I went through a couple as a Padawan many, many years ago. When I first started, around 17/18, I went through like 2 or 3 different Masters. It can be hard for some to find the right fit. In the end, I just floated around, gained a lot of experience and left the Order to find myself. Here I am, not a Jedi, hanging around still trying to find myself." Kat admitted, she wasn't pleased with her current path but she wasn't ashamed to share it, for some it was helpful to know that you didn't have to have your life sorted, planned out. That things could just float for awhile until you find yourself.

Shaking her head, it was clear the other woman was nervous and excited all at the same time, it was reminding her of herself back in the day. "If you need a scapegoat, just blame it on a charismatic, hot Echani lady dragged you along saying it would be an adventure." Chuckling deeply as she offered the younger woman a way out in case she did get into trouble.

"No one is ready for the realities of the galaxy. Trials are a test of your skills and who you are as a person, after that, you will still be learning, training and growing as a person. No Jedi Knight is perfect, they don't complete the trials completely ready for the massive shift in reality that comes after, it is more about understanding the limitations and adapting. Also, being able to trust that you understand the basics of the skills you have." Kat explained in a very teacher way, nothing strict or formal but soothing the anxiety this student was feeling. "Don't fret about not being ready, focus on your goals and make sure that you can adapt to what life throws at you."

Aveline coming from Silver space was a name that was a blast from the past, "I came from there as well. Many, many moons ago. Where I started and where I left to find myself. Been a long time since I thought about the people from there." Kat stated, reminiscing about those days and what she would get up to.

"Well, slowly unravelling can be one way, depends on how things go. Could end up throwing you into the deep end, see how you cope with that." Kat poked her tongue at the Padawan as she led the way.

Taking Aveline's hand as she paused, unsure about her outfit, "you are fine, trust me. I mostly dressed like this because it has been so long since I wore a dress and wanted to make the most of the warm weather." Kat chuckled, "come on, gotta find the bar and get myself a whisky!" Kat mentioned as she took Aveline into the club by hand.

This chance encounter was turning more interesting by the second! Kat's logic was on point, but what she said next intrigued her even more. She was Force Sensitive herself, and a Jedi. Or at least she had been... How does that even work, leaving the Order?

"You sure you're not a Jedi? You're sharp enough. I get the feeling you'd make a good one" she offered with a smile. She didn't want to say things like 'you should come back'. Being a Jedi wasn't the only way to, well, be. And her reasons for leaving were her own, and might still be relevant for all Ave knew.

"My new Master is quite good. He's more... Grounded. Wise. I like him. It'd be great if he bucked the trend and stayed alive" she said, but then with a glimmer of mischief in her eye "But I'm happy to outsource some lessons to the charismatic, hot Echani community." She gave the other woman a friendly tap on her upper arm. Kat seemed well-versed in the school of life.

Don't fret about not being ready, focus on your goals and make sure that you can adapt to what life throws at you. "You give good advice." Already Aveline was feeling glad she'd met Kat. Most of what her brain had been wrestling with moments before their encounter were forgotten. "The way you speak of passing your Trials, it's kind of like what everyone says about getting your piloting licence. It's only once you're done with all the testing and given the freedom to go at it on your own you truly learn how to fly."

Aveline laughed, taken by the hand and guided inside. Kat needed a whiskey, and Aveline... Well, she didn't know what she needed exactly. Something lighter, she assumed.

Moving from the street to the bar's interior, space grew tighter and a steady beat blended in with the chatter of the crowd. As they went deeper, the former overcame the latter. "Hey, you said Echani, right? Aren't you the guys who fight naked? I swear I heard that somewhere" she laughed as if she couldn't quite believe it. Surely it wasn't true, and just one of those rumours that went around.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat chuckled as Aveline asked if Kat was sure she wasn't a Jedi. "Nope, not a Jedi. I am Light Side user of the Force and I try to stick with the tenants that I learnt as a Jedi but I left the Silver Jedi and not returned officially." There was a hint of wanting to return but there was something holding her back, Kat didn't think she could be the Jedi that people needed right now, the Jedi that people could benefit from being taught by, it was better to be an outsider and just offer classes to those that were willing to learn from a failure of the Order.

"It is good to hear that things are working out with your current Master. I am sure that you will do fine and become a Knight soon enough, do them proud." Kat smiled then couldn't help but chuckle, "well, I will make sure to mention that to some of the hot Echani out there." Poking her tongue out at Aveline as she joked about herself a little. "I doubt I could add much that your Master has got you doing, seems more of building your confidence than anything else at the moment."

Shrugs her shoulders somewhat before looking at the Padawan, "well, life can make things helpful in offering advice to others. Perhaps it's being over 30 and having lived through a lot now." Kat chuckled deeply again, she often forgot how old she was at times since her appearance hadn't really aged since she was 18/19. An ageless look was classic Echani way of life but it was seeing it in the mirror that hit Kat with how true it was in comparison to others. "That is how many see it, that only once you are a Knight do you get to see how the galaxy is and test your skills to their limits. Losing the training wheels."

"Two whiskies." Kat ordered for the both of them, she knew it was a big jump for Aveline but Kat wanted to see how she would find the strong drink to start with, maybe join Aveline and settle for something lighter at a later point.

Raising an eyebrow as Aveline asked about Echani fighting culture, "thinking about me naked already? Not even a drink in." Kat teased with a big smirk, "fighting naked is more something done in the courting between two people, a level of intimacy shared between potential partners. Normally it is minimal clothing for modesty and still allow freedom of movement and communication between two fighters." Kat explained, it was her take on the fighting but she knew that it could differ from person to person.

"Where are you from then?" Kat asked curiously.

«That's a relief» she said playfully, when Kat revealed she clung to the Light Side of the Force. «A bit like me then» she continued. «I too left the Silvers… And now? I guess… I'm New Jedi Order? Even as bizarre as that feels. And I don't know if I'll ever feel like I belong. But I understand… I think… Or, well… It's hard to tell to be honest» she ended with a laugh, her confusion evident. There was clearly enough there for her to work out.

To much else, Aveline listened actively with nods of understanding, or a realization that slowly dawned upon her. At one point, however, she had to shake her head in disbelief with a chuckle. «You are not over thirty, stop it» She certainly didn't look it.

«Whiskey huh» she said, ready to take the tumbler glass to her lips only to be caught off guard by Kat. It was a good thing, because a moment later and she would've spat out her first drink. «I don't- I mean, I uh - Well» she calmed herself slowly through her stumbling of words, the big smirk on Kat's face bringing out a laugh from Aveline.

«Well cheers to that» she said, still smiling, clinking her glass against Kat's. The whiskey had a rich taste, it wasn't actually half-ba- «Karabast!» she coughed. Liquid fire attached itself to her throat. «Well pack's a punch ,doesn't it» she said trying to laugh, but she cut herself off with another cough. «I'm fine» Embarrassing, Ave

«I'm from Nubia» she said, when she was able to get a hold of herself. «My parents placed me in the care of a Jedi called Ebras. He never told me why, I don't know if he really asked. I never knew them. It was just me and him for most of my childhood. After he… Well, you know. I was placed in the care of the Silver Jedi. And now? Who the hell knows»

She went for another sip from her glass. It burned just as much as the first time, though this time she kept it to herself. There were enough irons
in the fires of her mind, so to speak.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat nudged the girl, "I mean, I say this, could still be a Sith Lord tempting you to the Dark Side with nothing but evil intentions." Kat chuckled lightly. "Not too dissimilar no. What took you away from the Silver Jedi if you don't mind me asking?" Kat asked, her focus and attention on the younger woman as she casually sipped her whisky as if there was nothing wrong with it. "It takes time to adjust to new environments and lifestyles. Kashyyyk is far different to Coruscant and the two Orders have different views and beliefs. Just ensure you find friends and those that you can bond with." Kat stated as she smiled warmly.

Laughing, Kat placed her drink on the counter and winked. "The joys of being Echani, part of why we tend to look very similar to one another is there is also somewhat eternal youth look to us. I likely look more in my twenties till couple years into my fifties. Think my mother only really looks in her forties, fifties and she is close to seventy." Kat smirked, it was amusing to see someone else realise that she was not as youthful as she looked. The number of times she had gotten ID'd still, that was frustrating at times.

Aveline seemed to struggle to recover from Kat teasingly calling her out, but it was endearing to see as she could see so much of herself in that way. She fumbled hard whenever she was thinking of courting other women and would always say the wrong thing. It was surprising to her how smooth she tended to be now. "More you have, the smoother you will be with it. It is also an acquired taste. But, throwing you in the deep end means that you are unlikely to be coughing and spluttering at the rest of the drinks." Kat winked, as she finished her whisky in a single gulp.

"Lots of people have been raised by Jedi so makes sense and sometimes people don't share the truth because it is too painful or because it is not theirs to share. Maybe he thought it would not be appropriate for him to share what happened back then." Kat shrugged, hoping to offer a small comfort to Aveline. "You're young, plenty of time to figure out who you are. Still trying to figure it out myself." Kat chuckled softly.

"Aren't you a little pretty to be a Sith Lord?" Aveline laughed, bumping into Kat lightly, shoulder to shoulder. The near age-less thing amazed Aveline, and it was clear in her expression as Kat told the story. Impressed, and a little jealous. Still, it was early for Aveline to concern herself with such things.

"I don't mind." Aveline said with a smile, steeling herself with another sip from the whiskey. "It started with my Master. He used to be on the Silver Council. Ultimately, I think he felt we weren't doing enough. Not that the Silvers were in the wrong, necessarily. They were protecting their space well enough, and keeping countless worlds safe from harm. That's not nothing. But at the same time, beyond the borders worlds were set aflame. Empires, Sith Orders, slavery... You name it. Master Rane felt... I felt" she said, realizing she couldn't simply push responsibility over to her master, and had to own up to some of them herself. It was her choice to follow him when he left, of course. "...That we could serve a great purpose on the front lines."

Not an uncontroversial belief to hold in Jedi circles. There were certainly those who felt seeking conflict would set one on a path to be consumed by it. "Help the Alliance. Keep the Core safe. Fight the Sith, the Empire, and those other Sith" she boiled it down to that, which sounded simply in a sentence but felt anything but.

What Kat said on bonding hit home as well. She remembered well being alone when she first came to the Silvers. But she made friends and connections, which made it feel like home. That didn't make leaving any easier. Now she would have to do the same. It would go a long way to humanize the face of the New Jedi Order, which had been somewhat tainted by previous interactions.

"The Silver Jedi Order has always been... Very me, you know? The whole philosophy. I don't know what I can hope to find here. I don't know if I'll ever fit in"

In her mind, she had always visualized the Silver Order as the galaxy's shield, while the New Jedi as the sword. She identified more as a Jedi of the former, and well, she'd always been one for brown robes over leather jackets...

Aveline downed the rest of her drink in one go, mimicking Kat, though clearly struggling a much greater deal with taking it. "Oh my Force" she needed another moment to compose herself. "What are we drinking next?" She asked, half scared of the answer.

"You said you were a healer, by the way? Independent, or do you work with the Jedi or some other organization?"

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat smirked as Aveline asked if she was too pretty to be a Sith Lord. "I dunno, if you ask some of the male Jedi out there, they'd swear the female Sith Lords look like goddesses." Kat laughed, she had heard about plenty of Jedi falling in love with Sith and it always confused her on how that could happen but she couldn't swear it would never happen to herself.

Listening to Aveline, there was a clear need to fight, to join the action and Kat nodded her head. "I remember when the Silver Jedi were constantly in wars, fighting Sith, Bryn'adul and Empires. Amazing how times change and now they are seen as the calmer, more pacifists." Kat mused on the differences a decade or so makes on how the world works. "It is good that you found a cause to believe in, fight for and sought it out. Just be careful that in fighting with the New Jedi order and the Galactic Alliance, you don't lose yourself to war. I did that and ended up running for years from what I am." Kat informed Aveline, hoping the young Padawan won't make the errors she had made in her youth.

"Just be yourself, don't try to change who you are to fit in. People will see through that. Be yourself, proud of it and embrace the reasons for coming here. Others will see you and want to interact with you. I mean, look at us, we're bonding and becoming friends." Kat smiled warmly as she extended an olive branch to Aveline so she could see that she wasn't as alone as she assumed.

Watching Aveline down the rest of the whisky Kat chuckled, "if you end up feeling too drunk, try using the Force to clear toxins. I rarely do it myself but plenty of Jedi do it to avoid nasty hangovers." She informed Aveline. "Next up we will stick with Corellian themed spirits and go with Corellian rum!" Kat ordered two of them and then lean one elbow on the bar.

"Independent. I was very wandering, travelling to medical facilities around the galaxy and offering healing, training my skills and attempting to master my abilities in the Force around healing. Becoming more pacifist I suppose. Nowadays, I am around Jedi and such healing, I should aim to help out with recoveries after invasions and such but been avoiding the frontlines when I can." Kat explained as they waited for their drinks to arrive. "What areas of the Force do you wish to explore?"

"I dunno, if you ask some of the male Jedi out there, they'd swear the female Sith Lords look like goddesses."
Aveline couldn't help but roll her eyes and laugh along with Kat. "I swear, they're all going to fall to the Dark Side if that's the case" Perhaps it was a good thing that Aveline kept socializing with Sith Lords to a minimum.

"Right? Times change" Aveline chuckled. The various factions of the Galaxy certainly had ebbed in flowed. Silver Space deserved peace for all the fighting it had done. Yet Aveline was a warrior as much as a guardian of peace, and the desperate conflicts elsewhere had pulled her away.

That didn't mean she didn't miss it all, the way things used to have been. She did.

"Yeah?" Kat's words of warning held her interest. That was what had been the concern of those that remained in the Silver Order. The fear that a hunger for war and battle would slowly consume the Jedi that partook, that they would forget themselves. Could she remain pure? Was there no such thing anymore? "I'll try."

Aveline's smile was genuine, and certainly grew warmer as Kat said they were becoming friends. Aveline could use a friend. In many ways, she felt it was the bonds one made that kept you grounded. Without them, she worried she might lose touch, might fall away and become... Something else.

"Oh, that's a neat trick. I'll keep that in mind. Though..." what Kat proposed had one potential hurdle, one she did not know what to expect how. "I've never tried using the Force drunk... Is it... Like, dangerous?" What if instead of clearing her toxins she accidentally cleared her brain cells or something.

"Rum!" she echoed Kat, excitedly. She wasn't sure why, she'd never tasted rum either.

"I see. Well, I'm glad you're doing what you do. I'm sure you're able to help a lot of people, save a lot of people with your healing" Aveline was more hack and slash. But without people like Kat, Aveline would probably never have made it off Korriban...

Aveline raised her glass some, extending it towards her drinking companion. "I'm glad I met you, Kat. To healers! And Corellian rum"

That... Was interesting... Aveline thought, as she tried drink number two. "I think I like this one more" though then came the aftertaste, and she wasn't entirely sure.

The topic went back to the Force. Kat had asked her where her interests lied. "Well, I'm quite small. I like being on the attack, but picture me against a Sith juggernaut, you know? There's no way! So like... I'd be great if I could bridge that gap some. Is it called Imbue Body? I forget all these names sometimes. But you know, use the Force to aid my lightsaber combat. Pack more of a punch, take a hit. Arm wrestle the big guys, you know"

Was she making sense? She was making sense, right? Ooh, rum

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat enjoyed the fact she made Aveline laugh, that was a good sign, "well, in the end that just means we get to admire the attractive female Jedi. Think that we win, no more guys to butt heads with." Kat smirked as she sipped the rum, her experiences with drinking meant she was still pretty sober at this point but could see the effects already hitting her drinking companion.

"And if you ever feel the need to blow of steam or find someone to talk to, I am here and your Master is also someone you should talk to about it all." Her pale hand resting on Aveline's shoulder and giving her a firm but reassuring squeeze as she looked at the younger woman. "But, I believe in you, you are the next generation of great Jedi so while there is no pressure to be great, be yourself and do what you must to live with as few regrets as possible. The more we regret, the heavier the burden we carry." Kat gave a small smile, clearly indicating that she was a person who was burdened by a lot of regret in her own life.

Stifling a laugh as Aveline posed a question of concern of being drunk and attempting to use the Force. "So, the point is not use the Force when you are beyond a certain threshold when drinking. I would say for you, since this is the first time drinking it seems, give it a try now. The more drinking experience you have, the more tolerance your body will form but also take note that the more you practice this ability when drunk, the easier it gets to use it." Kat then chuckled and added, "but it is also to sometimes let yourself get drunk and suffer with the hangover. A form of self punishment or self loathing. Probably not the healthiest idea I ever had but I do it and allows me to be pass the threshold and be a little more careless and carefree."

"Not dangerous as long as you know how to use the power. For now, if you want, I can do it for you and you can practice the power a bit more in the future?" Kat offered as she released her hand from Aveline's shoulder and took another swig from her glass.

Raising her glass to cheer with Aveline who seemed excited to have rum. "Perhaps a little weaker than the whisky in terms of alcoholic contents but can still hit you hard so best to be cautious." Kat informed, demonstrated a solid knowledge of the drinks they were drinking. "Healing can be very rewarding but also very taxing, as much as we can save people and help, we see a lot of death, pain and unpleasantness from people. Which can be very draining mentally on a person." Kat admitted.

"Glad you bumped into me too Aveline, to new friends. Sure, to rum!" Kat smirked and clinked glasses with Aveline before taking a big gulp of her rum and smiling warmly. "Well, there are differences in the whiskies you can get, same with rum. Standard stuff can not always be the best but the most reasonably priced. Head to the more exclusive clubs and try their standard and find the whisky very palatable. All about variety and trying them." Kat smiled warmly.

Shaking her head, "don't try fighting an opponent with brute force, use your nimbleness and dexterity. Didn't your Master teach you to use your strengths to counter imbalance when fighting? As an child I was taught plenty on fighting larger men, always going to be weaker in physical strength but as long as I thought things through and used what I was skilled in, strong in then I could even a playing field. Don't always need to rely on the Force to beat a Sith Juggernaut, just need to assess where their weaknesses lay. Are they slow moving? Does the heavy armour restrict movement? Can you tire them and expose weaknesses in the armour to strike?"

Kat was in the zone when talking battle, it was clear that fighting while not something she did actively in wars was something she thought a lot about and could talk like a veteran of many years on the matter.

"well, in the end that just means we get to admire the attractive female Jedi. Think that we win, no more guys to butt heads with."
Kat had Aveline laughing again. It was becoming an easy feat for her it seemed. "I'll drink to that" she said, holding her glass up before taking a healthy chug.

"You're right, I know. And thanks. I appreciate that" she said, placing a hand atop the one Kat had put on her shoulder, emphasising that Aveline was sincere in her response. "And the same goes for you. If you ever need to let out about past regrets or whatever"

As Kat went on about the burden that weighed heavy on the mind of a healer, Aveline could only nod and offer her sympathetic thoughts. She knew she couldn't understand completely all the suffering one saw, and the loss of those one couldn't save. Must be tough. Life on the frontlines came with its own set of brutality, which sometimes was hard to suppress. "Being a Jedi's not easy, is it? No wonder people fall to the Dark Side" she said. "Or, no... Not that it's forgivable. You always have a choice, I guess... But... Well I don't know. No wonder sometimes somethings just snaps, you know?" She had no idea what she was saying at this point.

It was time to try out Kat's new trick. She emptied her glass as if to clear her mind, or perhaps enjoy it before it all went away... Then she closed her eyes, placing her hands together... No clue why she did that exactly. And then... Her left eye opened, looking at Kat. "What am I supposed to do again?" she held a serious face for one moment, then burst out with a brief laugh. "Okay yeah, maybe you do it. I'll try to detect what you're doing"

Somehow Aveline got the sense she'd get the chance to practice this ability again later that night.

Wow. The world seemed just that little bit different again. And suddenly, with recent behaviour fresh in memory, she was a bit embarrassed by how she easily she'd gotten influenced by the alcohol. To her credit, however, she didn't dwell on it this time. Having fun was much more.. Well, fun.
"don't try fighting an opponent with brute force, use your nimbleness and dexterity. Didn't your Master teach you to use your strengths to counter imbalance when fighting?
"He did, actually. I'm just stubborn" she laughed. "But, I gotta admit, reluctantly, you do make a lot of sense" she said in a playful tone. "Suppose I gotta find a way to play to my strengths. Be that little bit faster, that little bit harder to hit. And when you connect with a lightsaber, well force behind it doesn't matter so much. Still burns, doesn't it"

"From the sounds of it, you know what you're talking about. I get the feeling you're not just a healer?" not that she implied 'just' a healer was anything negative, simply that she talked like a warrior. "Maybe you should teach me a thing or two in a spar one day"

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Clinking glasses with Aveline before the other woman took a large chug of the rum. It definitely seemed that this spirit was going down smoother than the whisky had. It was nice that Aveline had taken Kat's offer seriously, there were too many Jedi and just people in general who bottled things, let themselves get overwhelmed and then crash, burn out and worse. "Past regrets. Ha. I wouldn't even know how to handle that one myself." Kat chuckled before she shrugged her shoulders, trying to laugh off any concerns about past regrets.

"I think it is forgive to fall, people slip, people surrender to temptations all the time. Sometimes it can be minor, like a kiss, a intimate night or agreeing to drink when we shouldn't or it can be major, like falling to the Dark Side, coming Sith or just losing yourself in crazed bloodlust. The door to forgive and welcome someone back should always be open." Kat set her drink to one side, "does that mean we aren't guarded? That we act naive or gullible? No, caution is needed and we should safeguard ourselves from harm but definitely should be welcoming." Kat shrugged, "it can be tough especially for those that think there is no one they can turn to or seek out help from."

Placing both hands on Aveline's shoulders, Kat closed her eyes, it had been awhile since she had done this to another person while she had been drinking so she needed to take her time and ensure she was doing it right for Aveline to learn how to. Feeling the Force flow between them, Kat slowly removed the toxins from Aveline's body, allowing her to more swiftly sober up and then opened her eyes and let her hands return to the bar. "Seems next we should right some wine!" Ordering the two of them a large bottle of wine. Something weaker but more pleasant to drink while talking Kat figured.

"You are just saying that because you enjoy listening to me more than you like listening to your Master. Sure you be less willing to listen if I had been assigned your teacher." Kat chuckled, "some force matters, with a Lightsaber it is important to learn restraint and demonstrate mercy as much as you demonstrate a willingness to maim or kill. Losing a limb can change a person's whole life." While Kat's own metal legs were a product of a disability from birth she had met and knew many Echani who lost limbs in war and changes they felt.

Watching the bartender remove the cork from the wine bottle in front of them and placing two glasses down, Kat poured into both, "well, I am Echani. I learnt to fight from a young age, so I know all about fighting a single person and fighting an army. I tried as a Jedi to be warrior when I started, because I had the skills of a fighter already. Seen many wars in my time, but I am a healer now. That is all I am." Kat stated, taking a sip of the wine. "Hmmm, not sure you would enjoy it. Me in a sparring room is very different to me on a night out. Much stricter and not as fun. Fighting for me, its my language, I learnt how to punch correctly before I learnt how to speak a sentence in Basic. To train with me is to understand fighting in a way that it is about beauty and being communicative as it is about beating an enemy that threatens your life."

«You’re right» Aveline nodded. The door to forgiveness needed to open, and those who might seek it needed to know there would at least be someone out there willing to listen.

Aveline breathed out, feeling Kat’s influence on her. She let her guard down completely, trusting the connection. She tried to pay attention to what Kat was doing and how her own body reacted. She thought she got the concept down, certainly enough for her to practice on her own in the future. She could feel herself sobering up… And then a large bottle of wine was produced, ensuring that that particular feeling wouldn’t be a lasting one.

«You’re probably onto something there» Aveline laughed loudly. She wasn’t sure when Rane’s lectures had become just that; lectures. She used to hang on his every word… To a point, she still did, but it was different. Still she was very happy with her training, and had loads of evidence of her growth over the past months to show for. His methods did work. «He also encourages me to seek out other teachers. Ammon, I mean. So in a way, listening to you is listening to him as well» she forgot for a moment if she had given her master’s name or not. Her senses had returned, but her memory was still somewhat hazy on the finer details.

«I understand» Kat was a healer now, and Ave wouldn’t push her on it. She had no doubt being in wars she’d both seen and done some chit. «Really? Trying to picture you the strict drill sergeant»

Aveline took the glass of wine and gave it a taste. Her eyes seemed to light up. «Ooh, do we have a winner?» her face seemed to suggest so. She was starting to like this whole alcohol thing. So many different drinks, so little time… But through the power vested in her by this detoxify Force power, she would discover them all! «What’s your favourite drink?»

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Sipping the wine slowly as she smiled to Aveline admitting she was probably right about how the dynamic would be different between them if there was a mentor/student relationship between them. "Couldn't take you out drinking if you were my Padawan for one, so be missing out on how much fun I can be to switch up from the strict Master I could be." Poke her tongue at Aveline teasingly, "it is good to learn from others, some Masters can be very linear in their way of thinking and that can affect a student, prevent out of the box thinking and strategy. Diversifying your learning means that influences outside of your Master's can come in and present opportunities that you might not otherwise have."

Shrugging her shoulders, "drill sergeant isn't quite the style I would go for. Just very protective, critical and some might say domineering in a way. Intense. But also passionate and attempting to convey thousands of years of cultural significance." Kat stated as she leaned back in her chair for a bit, "it would be similar to teaching a Sith how to use the Light Side and how to be a Jedi. A massive change in perspective that has such depth and meaning that can be impossible for some to comprehend."

"While some can reduce us to fighting naked stereotypes, like so many stereotypes surrounding other races." Kat sighed, thinking on the number of sleazy people she had deal with surrounding her own people's way of life.

Coming back to the present, Kat noticed the smile on Aveline's face lighting up as she sampled the wine. Definitely seemed a hit which was a good sign. "Well seems the order of preference is wine, rum then whisky. Finish the bottle then see where beer and cider will fit on the list." Kat winked to Aveline, suggesting there would be at least two more beverages to try tonight. "My favourite is a good Corellian whisky. Something I got from my old man, though he was never one for a good bottle since they were more expensive so he would settle for a decent whisky at an affordable price." Kat chuckled.

"No fun" Aveline agreed, taking another sip of the splendid wine. "I'm glad you're not my master, in that case. Unless... Well, suppose I can consider you my Master of Drinks" she laughed. She imagined that wasn't exactly what Ammon had had in mind when he told her to seek outside influences to widen her perspective and knowledge...

Domineering. She tried to picture it again... Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad after all. "Yeah you're probably right" was all she said instead. "Bit of a culture shock that. But at least we can still come together and share experiences" Aveline felt a bit bad for making that naked fighting joke now, but she seemed to have taken it well at the time... She assumed others were not as playful and positive when bringing that stereotype up.

"Finish the bottle?! The whole thing?" Aveline seemed shocked. Then again, Kat had just tried to teach her how to detoxify poisons... Like all other powers, practice made perfect... And to detoxify, she needed toxins.

"Corellian whiskey sounds nice when you put it like that... Maybe I'll get used to it one day. Does it ever stop burning?" she chuckled. She didn't think it did, but if there was any chance of that, her chances of enjoyment might rise markedly. "Guess that's an advantage of being a Jedi. Not that you roll in credits, but you usually got your needs covered"

Twirling the contents of her glass around, Aveline looked around, examining their surroundings. "So this is one of your spots, huh? You know a lot of people here?" Coruscant seemed a planet far too big to know anyone. With so many faces around every step one took, how did they not all blend together into an unrecognisable blur?

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom