Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech T-22 Thunderbird Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jHHylW.jpg

jHNA7M.jpg
jHiLsO.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Personal Energy Shield
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Explosive: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Very High
    • Emp / Ion: Low
    • Disruptor: Average
    • Sonic: Very Low
    • Environment: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Personal Shield: The Thunderbird Claw is able to project one of two kinds of hybrid energy shields, a semi-circular protective field or a personal buckler. Each of which repel attacks in place of simply blocking them.
  • Offensive Ability: The T-22 has an alternate mode of combat which uses the energy of the claw as a focused Ion Plasma weapon in the knuckles, fingers and Palms of the weapon to turn the tide rapidly on attackers, and is exceptionally potent against other shields or mechanics.
  • Armour Plating: The Gauntlet is plated with Ultrachrome with the intention of protecting its systems, and the user against varied attacks in a pinch.
  • Insulated: As a system that already deals in exceedingly high power signatures, power surges and Ion weaponry do little to short out its circuitry.
  • Disposable power Cells: Similar to a blaster or other weapon, this piece of equipment uses both an internal battery which can be supplanted with disposable power cells capable of being removed or replaced.
STRENGTHS
  • Reactive Ion Shield: The Thunderbird Talon is a sophisticated piece of equipment that operates primarily as a defensive weapon. While it is incapable of providing full body shielding as many shields do, its capable of creating a potent forward shield or a singular incredibly powerful energy buckler capable of deflecting both physical and energy projectiles. The Shield operates by instead of spreading its shielding out or in multiple locations like the Kavacha usually would, but rather layering unstable shields one over the other in a defensive matrix which impacts break, forcing energy to detonate back in the direction of the attack, knocking the attackers weapon back with an intense amount of physical force.
  • Ion Force Claw: Similar to force pikes and other electro weapons, the T-22 uses the basis of the Vajra Gauntlet to create a power channeling system to the knuckles, fingertips then down to the palms of the user, linking an Ion based electro cutter capable of hewing through most steels with a potent cutting rate (High) which is incredibly potent against shields (Extreme) in the same manner as a Force Pike. However the energy required to flow that much plasma to the outside of the gauntlet prevents any and all functions from the systems energy shield as a trade off.
  • Parrying Gauntlet: However, should the energy shield of the system fail, The T-22 is more than capable of taking the occasional blow on its own due to to the ultrachrome armour plating, which although light is able to take more than a couple hits from a lightsaber or vibroblade before breaking or sustaining internal damage to the system or user.
  • Ion Insulated: As the Thunderbird Claw uses so much Ion energy already at such high quantities, and is plated with Ultrachrome its inner systems are exceedingly resistant to power-spikes and attacks from other Ion Sources with the intention of shutting them down.
WEAKNESSES
  • One or the Other: The System is incapable of wielding its shielding or its claw simultaneously due to the power requirements for either. Forcing the user to chose between potent offense or defense at any given time. However the power converter in the shield unit makes the transitions easy. A skilled opponent would be able to capitalize on the gaps before the shields' layers could form in their matrix and tear through.
  • Power Consumption: The system uses a lot of power to create shields strong enough to be unstable in their layered format. Should enough shields break the system will begin using its built in power system. If the built in power system shorts out... the system is dead. Little more than a metal glove.
  • Shield Regeneration: When each of the layers of the shield break, it takes time for the T-22 to create another shield beneath them all to replace the one that has been lost with each burst of the ones impacted. Repeated strikes fast enough to tear through the half dozen shields can out-speed the regenerating process. The last shield destroyed this way, as it has nothing behind it to project it backward simply blasts in all directions, knocking both the user and the assailants strike back.
  • Over-Heating: Ultrachrome absorbs energy across its surface diffusing it as heat energy in every direction. Blocking too many heat weapons too quickly with the parrying gauntlet or allowing prolonged combat will result in severe burns to the users' arm far before it breaks through the defensive shell
DESCRIPTION

House Aquila takes the defense of its only remaining scion very seriously, as the young master made it clear that he would be maintaining contact with the likes of the Knights Obsidian, there were contacts who rushed to provide the master with the gear he would need in order to protect himself and others in the field. While some were extravagant suits of state of the art armour, others were personal shields that could seldom be penetrated. This custom order through Lock and Key and modified by the artisans of House Aquilas quartermasters, stood out amongst them all. It was elegant, dangerous and spoke to a noble tool that would be used by a duelist rather than a lord touting his power, while not sacrificing usefulness.

Though it took some time to be trained in a sword and shield style, Aquila quickly found himself more balanced in combat, being able to trade off offense for defense at a moment's notice became key to his combat style moving forward. Especially against single and even double weapon opponents with his ability to potentially throw them off balance with the shield bursts of the T-22.

After the revelation of this particular item's success in field training, each of the thirteen artisans which had worked diligently to create this armament received large reward packages, each receiving an anonymous trust fund for their families which would set them up for the better part of their natural lives so long as they didn't spend it all at once. House Aquila looks after those who look after it... such things have been shown to inspire copycats, wanting to appease the house in hope of receiving a similar reward.

Felix following the proven effectiveness of the item would seek to commission several move of these units for those who would seek to use them in the future, be it specific other members of the knights Obsidian or faithful friends and honor guards that could benefit from being added to their arsenals. Locked behind the Vaults of House Aquila to ensure that only those blessed by the house and its leader could receive a unit of the powerful shields, a sign of recognition of closeness, of eternal bonds and the pledge of House Aquila to defend those who have earned their right to stand side by side with Felix on any battlefield.

Last edited:
Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

Why hello there, I'll be your judge today. Let's see about getting this approved, shall we?​
  • The way I read the permission, John allowed you to use one of each subcomponent, sufficient for a Unique submission.
    • You may request permission to use them for a Semi-Unique submission; if granted, that would be sufficient.​
    • Alternatively, you may lower the production to Unique and adjust the Description accordingly.​
    • Finally, you could always remove both subcomponents instead. They don't seem to be mentioned that much in the Submission itself.
      • Notably, the Vajra, a ranged weapon, seems to only be used only as the inspiration for an inbuilt melee weapon?​
    • As an aside, if you wish to use Locke & Key as a Manufacturer please procure permission for that too.​
  • Manufacturers/Affiliations should be linked. If House Aquila has a Faction/Company/Organisation Submission please link that, if not link your character's bio to both that and "Felix Aquila" under Affiliation.​
  • Your Market Status should be "Closed-Market", not "Semi-Unique".​
  • I would suggest linking ultrachrome under materials, since it's fairly rare.​
  • Please fill in the Classification field - "Personal Energy Shield" would work, as would "Directional Shield" or simply "Multipurpose".​
  • I would suggest raising your Ion resistance to High to better match the Strengths since you have one point to play with.​
Where applicable, please resolve the above in any other submissions of yours as well. A cursory skimming of your lightsaber has it missing links to the appropriate bios (Affiliation/Manufacturer) and the Market Status field in its entirety - to be clear, it's still required for Unique submissions.​

If there is any uncertainty about the above or really anything else, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.​

AMCO AMCO

No, thanks for catching those! I think i've made necessary edits where needed.

Got some more permissions to clarify what was needed, I want to keep them as It feels nice to mention the tech that they were based off / customized from / inspired by.

Market Status edited
Materials Linked
Classification added
Ion resistance increased

Thank you for your cooperation; there does seem to be some remaining confusion in regards to the Market Status and Production fields, however. The former should always be either "Closed-Market", signalling that permission is required for use, or "Open-Market", signalling that it is available to anyone who wishes to use it without any form of explicit permission. Please put them in their correct fields and I'll happily stamp this.​

---​

Moving on, I see you tagged me in your lightsaber submission as well - that's perfectly acceptable though not actually required, as I am only reviewing this one at the moment. I sometimes skim other submissions by the same individual for shared mistakes, is all. Saves on time.​

On that note, you may want to correct the Market Status in that one to "Closed-Market" and link your character's bio, as there's a very real chance the Judge who ends up picking it up will require that. Anyway, I'm curious as to where you found this "Lightsaber Template", is it possible you were looking in the Archives? All the current Templates should be in a pinned post at the top of the relevant section, like so.​

In this case, the "Melee Weapon" would be appropriate for a lightsaber - I double-checked and it does indeed have the Market Status field.​

AMCO AMCO

Thanks, i was very tired when i made the edits, haha. sorry. But it should be clear now. Also

Yeah, but under melee weapon there are spoilers with examples, one of them is 'Lightsaber' which is missing the field, that's what i copy pasted. <3 If this isn't to be intended then that should be altered, because either those are meant to be copied, or they serve as examples of acceptable templates. Neither of which would seem to be true if the field missing is a problem.

Perfectly understandable - and aha, I understand. I can see why you would be confused, I'm not entirely sure when the examples were updated last but they are meant more as rough examples of what a Template can be used for, rather than something to be copied.​

I would personally recommend copying the "Template Code" then inserting it in a post using the "Toggle BB Code" function. Easiest way to do it, IMO.​

Approved.

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Canary & Thunderbird talon
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/c-9-canary-assault-pistol.151953/
https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/t-22-thunderbird-talon.150467/
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: its underpowered by a point, re balancing.

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission to live judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom