Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest sw zoomer speak

if they're watching anyways
Hello boomers,

As you well know, I, a zoomer, hate the English language, as do we all. Unfortunately, I need to use it to write. It's a real struggle. In real life I'm able to verbally shitpost my way through basically every conversation. The layers of irony go deeper than me in your dad('s closet to steal his shirts). While I once thought I'd need to keep those two worlds forever separate, I recently had an abomination of a character idea that I will soon be inflicting upon you.

Thankfully for you, I quickly realized the various slang words I and my fellow zoomers use would, in fact, kill you instantly if you saw them in written form. I have long since sated my penchant for mass murder and this seemed an especially cruel and crude way to kill someone. However, I still require appropriate slang to use in the future.

As such, I have devised this contest to allow you give me the most absolutely braindead words you can think of. Make them goofy. Make them silly. Do a moderate amount of trolling, engage in a smidgen of tomfoolery. If you need a general direction, think Twitch streamers, video game callouts, and TikTok trends. Bonus points if there's some sort of backstory or lore tidbit, but they don't technically need to be related to anything. Language is weird.

This is a contest. The winners get the ability to summon me into their Discord DMs to post only cheese emotes at any time (when I am available). Alternatively I might give you some UCs or something else if you're cool and ask nicely.

Best of luck.

Chud.

Apparently it relates to a movie about cannibalism, but I think ‘Chud’ is a funny thing to call someone without context. Also there was a terrible game I played once that had weird creatures called Chuds, so maybe the word is just stuck in my head.

As someone who punctuates all my text messages, I feel eminently qualified to invent slang.

Mawt. Attractive/fun/appealing, but definitely not a good idea. Loose definition. Presumably originated from the HoloNet making a fuss about "an unusually hot Mawite marauder" during one of the Brotherhood of the Maw's many military campaigns.

Paster. Derogatory word for someone who can't 'proper food' in place of nutrient paste and/or health fanatics who insist 'it's better for you'.

Grassy. Describing someone/something far from the 'duracrete jungle' of ecumenopolises and on a smaller scale, cities (and on a smaller scale yet, your mom's basement). People don't necessarily agree on whether it's positive or negative.

Unicorn in a Suit / Suited Unicorn / Unisuit? A politician that actually does what they promise; the implication is pretty clear.

Clank. Someone who is 'basically a clanker'. Usually refers to 'paper-pushers', but can be used to describe cyborgs (especially heavily altered ones) too. Many droid rights activists find it offensive, which tends to please people who think droid rights are hogwash. Speaking of, calling droids or cyborgs 'toasters' is probably pretty rude too.

The toaster part isn't particularly new, I just like it.

Grassy. Describing someone/something far from the 'duracrete jungle' of ecumenopolises and on a smaller scale, cities (and on a smaller scale yet, your mom's basement). People don't necessarily agree on whether it's positive or negative.

Brilliant.

I presume this is for in universe slang like the above, so let me try my hand here.

Sled. Used to describe someone currently in the middle of self-destruction that is to your benefit. Likely originating in the corporate sector, and imported from a world that still has hills and sleds, it has been adopted in other sectors and the criminal underworld to describe scapegoats that usually indirectly/directly benefit the speaker. I.e.:
  • "Kyle is such a sled, my promotion prospects have never looked better now that he's going over the hill."
  • "I sledded my boss after spreading that rumor about his wife and the CEO. Guess who's next in line?"
  • "The client wants to go sledding, so the hit has to look like it came from their coworker. Corpo scum, a job's a job, though."

Last edited:
Chur.

It is a current Kiwi way of saying 'Cheers' like previous Kiwi generations would have, because for some reason a one syllable word needed to be shortened into a guttural sound akin to a pig on laxatives. Yes, go with it. Chur is the verbal equivalent to the eyebrow lift, which itself is devolved from the briefly uplifted head as a greeting or signifier that you noticed someone on the footpath.

Chur has started to bleed into other uses aside from a mere replacement word for 'yes' or 'thanks'. Now it can be used in place any formerly used exclamatory word. That's right, you can officially discard oh, wow, huh, saywhatnow and the classic hark. There are others but I tire.

You might as well have chur too, because you bloody zoomers already stole sus from 90s-era Kiwi kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom