Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supplies and Service, Finding what was Lost. (Serena)

“Yes” Kei reassured, leading into this slowly still, like before not wanting to push her. Losing your mind wasn’t something to take lightly when you were helping people connect with their past, even Kei Amadis who was could come across as heavy handed.

Amadis needed a break more than he realised, the sad thing was he didn’t realise, because he was all work, all about the mission and helping the next community, getting him to take a break was a mission in itself and a reason for part of the tension he carried.

Holding her head to him, wrapping her up in his arms, and stroking her hair. “You are not helpless Serena, you’ve taken my hand and led me before,” and that was the time he’d realised she had that strength too, on the beach the day they’d met. “Strength isn’t always in the arm, it’s here not running away when I just talked to you honestly, not turning or running like some would have done, it’s being there for the people you care about and telling them how you feel,” with that he leaned in to kiss her again once on the lips, but fully holding her close and tight to him.

Because here was the difficult bit and for that he steadied her, firmly but gently in his arms, large hands resting around her and caressing her back, “many were killed Serena, I was lost in the hell that followed for six months,” luckily spared the six years but not so lucky when you considered he was in a figurative form of hell for six months, he wore it well behind the eyes. Kei admitted, “Chaos, some say half the galaxy perished. It was sheer chance we found you at all.” Among the almost two million worlds, finding one person was all but impossible if they’d lost their memory, especially in that chaos.

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

All she could do was listen waiting for a spark of recognition of what had happened. But even as he explained about it nothing gave her an assurance that her memory was still there. She looked up at him he was her only assurance right now that she mattered in the universe, that anything she felt could be validated, and the most important that she was not alone in any of this.

She had a thought though panic took her, "Do I have family do they think I"m...." she frowned, "dead?" It was harsh in her mind that if she had a family and something told her that she did, that they mourned her. From what Kei said many were killed and that she was fortunate to be alive. She felt confusion at the moment, she laughed a terrible habit she had to laugh when things were tough.

"I don't know what to do, or say, or feel..." She nearly collapsed on Kei as she leaned on him for strength as she searched herself. Then she felt her knees give out, as she clutched at Kei to keep from falling. Her emotions were building up within her months of frustration of not knowing and still she did not know.

"Why?" had this all happened. She did not think she would ever have the answer, right now she did not have the strength it took to hold herself up.

[member="Kei Amadis"]​

“Been saving this. Till you were ready.” Kei said pulling out a datapad and slipping it in her hand, he didn’t release it yet, not until she answered. “You sure?” Something’s hurt to know, and were too much for people. Her family, alive or dead were listed on the holopad, taken from the silver Jedi’s investigation at the archives. He’d suspected she was a silver but only had it confirmed today, the datapad had a list of missing silver Jedi on it that fitted her description, and their family details.

She didn’t know what to do say or feel, “that’s all part of it, docs say its natural,” then she all but fainted, and he held onto her, not letting her go. Kei wasn’t someone who half did things when someone was injured or fraigle, he picked her right up in his arms across them, and slowly found somewhere to sit, carefully edging back to sit on a beach dune, keeping her across his lap and supported.

“I don’t know why Serena,” why had Kei lost his family, he didn’t know, he didn’t even know who his mother was, only that things happened and then you dealt, “it’s going to be alright, we found you, and we can reunite you with your family.” Kei gave a practical clear headed approach, she could probably use that right now. “There’ll be thrilled to see you.”

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

[member="Kei Amadis"]​
She sat in his lap holding on to the datapad reading the information she tried to apply what she read to who she was at this moment and half of what she read seemed to belong to a stranger. Her father was dead.

"oh" she whispered looking up, "my father called me Wren, must be why I wanted to be called it, it says he died just before the rapture" She felt loss then as if having to live her father's loss once more. She kept reading, one of her brothers went missing at the rapture but her mother was working on a dig. "My mother on Endor, looking for crash sites of old republic and imperials ships." Serena felt a need to see her, maybe that would restore her memory.

She stopped reading, "You're in trouble I have brothers" she whispered. Her mind however was on her mother, could she go from here to there. Should she? She had not read anything about herself as a jedi, that seemed so far fetched she decided that she'd start with family.

She leaned on Kei, "i'm glad you found me Kei" she didn't know what else to say. There was a journey to be had, "Do you look for them Kei, your family?" They had talked about the locket and family, she could also feel emotions from him, empathy it seemed was like a detective.

She'd remember her past even through the clouds, “you knew who you were Wren, even when you were lost.” Holding her there steady in his lap, it had been a long time since a girl had sat comfortably in Kei’s lap, he never had time for relationships usually with all his duties, and about now he was realising how much he’d missed having someone there.

“Brothers?” Kei smiled, “how many?” brushing her hair to him as she leaned, then giving her another kiss on her forehead, “I’m glad too.” He said closer to her, breath rising and falling in his chest as she leaned. “I can take you to your mum.” Kei said in no uncertain terms, he was getting reunited with her family, when she was ready.

“Yes.” His throat tensed as she asked the difficult question, forehead wrinkling, “I pass checks in the archives, smuggler talk around ports, scuttlebutt with the troops, it’s a big galaxy.” Kei admitted, he wasn’t sure if either were alive anymore anyway, all in all the topic was a difficult one. There was a quiet acceptance in him he may never find either of them again, he’d not given up, but he was accepting things more easily as he grew older, all part of being a Jedi.

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

Serena drew comfort from Kei as she sat there listening even when her own thoughts felt as though they had traveled far away. Her father was dead she was no longer the little bird to anyone no one would know that was what he called her. He would become a footnote in the annuals of time. She shook her head slightly.

"We should find them I bet we could get close.." she was offering, he had only to extend his hand and take the offer.

Oh dear dear she thought when she heard Kei offer to take her to see her mother her mouth opened in surprise. "But there's so much to do here, and you have other duties" she did not want him to not do his duties to run her to see her mom. Of all the dreams she had when she first began adjusting to this life she remembered calling out for her mother a number of nights.

It had been a bitter reminder that she was alone but now now, she was alive. It was something to celebrate. She looked up, "Brother according to this four and two sisters large family must mean everyone is really happy."

She was going to ask him a question that might make him uncomfortable, "Do you think about marriage and children?" She waited trying to sense his emotions.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

“A large family. We will find them,” gently insisting for her sake. “I do have duties, they are part of me, you are too, if you want to be part of my life.” Kei said sincerely, he wasn’t going to just make time for her, not if they were serious about seeing each other again. She was his time, just like the Jedi were, or the padawans, his crewmates, the temple. Kei didn’t make time for that, he balanced it, because those things were his life.

“I do yes,” more often that he’d admit, “some days I wonder what it would be like, other days I am happy not to worry them.” Amadis had almost married his last partner, they’d arranged it before the split. Always he had to be honest to Serena, that every time he went into battle, there was a chance he wasn’t coming back, because protecting others was his nature.

He took Serena’s hand in his, “what about you?” he said linking them and caressing her palm softly with his thumb, his other arm staying around her shoulders. The ocean breeze was light, the smell of the sea air was something he'd only smelt a few times in his life, it was a strong memory, this place, and Serena tied together for him.

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

[SIZE=12pt]A beginning for certain here on this isolated beach among a people searching for purpose and meaning Serena could feel worlds full of secrets, of pain, happiness and fears that could all be heard on the gentle breezes that flowed around them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How much of her life had been of her own will prior to this last year she began to wonder when she peered at the words on the data pad. It read almost like a checklist in her head. What had she learned in this time that she had not known her own name, but had plenty of time to search her emotions and to find her true strength?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was no doubt that they would find her family she could not help but to look up into his eyes the depth of his soul their emotions would be what would bind them and when he asked about had she thought about family and marriage the words came without thought, as if she had said them a hundred times, “Yes, a large family where everyone trusts each other and it is the safety net that they seek when they are troubled.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She smiled at him, “I feel like that’s what family has always been to me, my safe harbor, the place where I talk and everyone listens, and reminds me I am only one person.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She understood that if they continued on this path that they seemed destined to walk that he would be there for her, and that he did not view her as a weakling, it was important she be viewed as strong and capable. She also wanted to be seen as vulnerable and in need of his strength, and comfort.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She raised her hand and laid it against his cheek she could feel the warmth of his skin even here in the gentle breezes of the beach. She was hesitant he made her feel a want in ways that she had always fought against perhaps she was really getting her memory back in the pieces that she could handle it. One thing was for certain she knew she wanted a family connection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’d really like to see my Mom, if you can take me to Endor I’d be most grateful”[/SIZE]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Kei valued the idea of a large family, “I like the idea that generations stay together to build a life.” It was an idea to him, because he hadn’t been blessed with it, and sometimes when you didn’t have something you learned the value of that another way. “Only one person but important to them, their world.” He felt her hand by his cheek and smiled.

“My crew was always my family, when you saved that ship, you reminded me of who I was.” Which is what it took some days, someone else looking at you, and telling you something that’s there, because you were too close to it to see. The crew had split and gone there various ways, but that old ship still had their memories.

Endor, he was grateful she’d allow him to be there for her, and give her this, to trust him enough. “Then that’s our next stop,” he kissed the back of her entwined hand once more, sparing a glance at the waves as they lapped against the beach, he’d remember this place fondly, their place.

The sounds of the building work being done behind them, this small settlement would become much more in time, but their beach, and their ocean would always be here awaiting their return. He could get very used to holding her, and would do so silently till the sun began to set on the beach. "Are you ready for your future Serena Bouie?"

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

Some how it gave her a warm feeling knowing he wanted a large family, if things with them went into the more serious he'd gain brothers and sisters. "I am a bit hesitant about it all, but I think it's what I need"

She snuggled closer to Kei the most calm.she had felt in a long time the soft breeze from the ocean the smell of salt on the air, the gentle drumming of life around them. For months she had relied upon herself for everything until he arrived.

"I could lay here with you forever and part of me wants to, part of me wants you to hold me and never let go." She lay quietly enjoying this moment she wanted to memorize it. In the future if she needed comfort she would see this beach this time.

"I'm ready for the future." She reached for him , "as long as you're there to help me." She needed support. She knew it he probably did to.

"Hungry?"

[member="Kei Amadis"]

“Don’t worry, one day at a time Serena, no more no less.” He breathed deep, with her snuggling to his chest, rising and falling with her against it, the smell of her hair, touch of her skin. What did Kei need, a family again? A legacy to leave behind or to find? The Epicanthix gave some serious thought as to what was waiting for him out there.

“And I you Serena,” he grinned giving her shoulder a squeeze, this felt right, no two ways about it. The ocean air washing over them, bringing the past and the washing away the uncertainty in its way. It left what was real and important.

She reached for him and he was there, their future, “we’ll face it together then, whatever comes,” and that was when he realised he wanted her in it. Hungry? “Wait,” Kei grinned broadly and reluctantly let her go, but not before he dipped her backwards with him to steal another kiss, looking down into her eyes, “now I am." Then helping her back up, "who gets the dishes?” He was joking, he’d never let a lady cook and not clean up, but here it was probably going to be one pot, unless she had something special in mind.

[member="Serena Bouie"]​

One day at a time she had been taking life just that way the last year not knowing what lay ahead and uncertain of what she would face. She could sense him thinking on what she did not know exactly perhaps what they spoke about.

Whatever lay ahead no matter where this went one thing was for certain they would always have a special bond, and if it went further well if it went further they would have an unbreakable bond.

She laughed as he dipped her pressing his lips to her she put her hand again to his cheek keeping him close for a moment. Within moments she was back on her feet and they were once again grabbing the shovel and headed down the beach to dig.

"Dishes, well rules are if I cook someone else cleans, so in this case you clean" She smiled what kind of dishes would there be...well he'd have to see wouldn't he there were after all different ways to cook clams.

She walked along with him he was a bit taller than she was, "Sooo" she started off slowly, "Tell me about where the Silver Jedi live.." might as well talk about things that might jog her memory even if hers right now focused on her mother. She felt sad though for him but it was a reminder that life could be complicated.

[member="Kei Amadis"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom