Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Summerlight Gathering

tumblr_ozaqsb0zBK1w82lmko1_1280.png

C E L E B R A T E
red_angry_wolf.png

Appearance | Theme | Interacting: No One, Yet

The morning started out different than most.

Rather than waking to a waiting Børre, Aelin woke to the sounds of merry harps, various other stringed instruments, and lyrical voices floating through the stones of the manor. Sliding out from under her covers, she got to her feet and crossed to the windows, throwing open the shutters. Leaning on the stone sill, she gazed out across the yard to see where the music was coming from, noticing from her vantage the fragrant gardens in full bloom of rominarias, flame-roses and star-mists, bedecked in ribbons and streamers. Further beyond on the hills in the distance, she spied the makings of fires and maypoles being raised.

Then it clicked. Today was Summerlight Gathering.

Bjørn had briefly gone over the holiday with her during one of their many lessons, being that it was one of the biggest celebrations of Lupo culture. A day when the Gods and spirits helped their children with divining signs to help couples choose their mates and gain perspective on current paths, using various charms and rituals.

There were a few vague memories she had of small gatherings amongst the members of her fathers small clan on Seoul, when her family had still been mostly whole. Or, as close to whole as they'd ever get. Nothing grand, just some shared food and perhaps a few dances. They hadn't the means for much else.

But, from the decorations draping the gardens outside and the inviting music, she could tell this would be a far livelier event.

Turning from the window, hanging in the dark corner of her room, Aelin noticed a light blue chiffon gown. The bodice was woven tightly to resemble armor, bleeding into soft, cornflower-blue pleats. She walked to it, running her fingers through the buttery fabric that melted against her touch.

Growing up she’d never worn elegant dresses or dainty shoes, due to the sheer impracticality of them. They would have only gotten in the way, twisting around her calves and stunting the necessary freedoms she needed for hunting. Even now, Aelin preferred her fighting leathers - what she saw as being practical, strapping weapons to herself like they were the finest of jewelry.

From the archway of her door, a sweet female voice trilled her name, followed by a ‘good morning’. Fiery-orange eyes panned away from the gown to look upon the woman with gently curled golden-hair.

Freya. The only daughter of Clan Drage, Børre's younger sister, and the person she'd come to realize was the beating heart of this pack.

Whenever Freya was not offworld, the she-wolf contented herself to linger at Aelin’s side during pack gatherings and dinners, feeding her details of the complicated social constructs of pack law and decision making, that she might have otherwise missed or not paid attention to. She was always grateful for her company.

“Did you pick this?” Aelin asked, tilting her head as she inspected the piece.

“Do you like it?” Freya countered, the elegant woman floating to her side and taking her by the elbow to gently guide her to sit in a low-back chair in front of the mirror. Aelin chose not to fuss, allowing Freya to run a comb through her auburn hair and neatly braid it into an intricate crown across her head.

“I do.” Aelin answered simply.

“That’s it? ‘I do’?,” she asked with a bemused smirk, weaving a garland of white and blue flowers through her braid. “You’re starting to sound like a certain other wolf that I know.”

Her eyes rolled. “I’m sorry… would you like me to grovel with gratitude, instead, madam?” There was a degree of lightheartedness in the question, batting her eyelashes demure-like to further convey the jest.

The she-wolf's laugh was as warm and infectious as a summer breeze, forcing an unbidden smile to bloom over Aelin’s face. “I think I’d die of shock. No, ‘I do’ is good enough.” Freya stepped back, looking over her work.

“So they’re all coming tonight?” A gathering of Alphas and wolves of various packs, all joined together for the purpose of celebrating one of their most regarded cultural events, would be unlike anything they’d seen in years - since before the purge that had kept them all in the darkness about one another for far too long.

“As far as I know. The invitations were sent out… and we’ve received no rejections. It will be... quite a sight to behold.”

-----------------------------------------------

The sun had just begun its final descent when she reached the plateau on which the main festivities were being held. Aelin tried not to gawk at the amount of Lupo gathered, crowds of Zorathi and Kaiha alike, had gathered together to dance, mingle, and imbibe.

She’d never seen so many in one place before - nor heard such foreign sounds of merriment. Bellassa had come alive, and the Lupo along with it. Sounds of revelry spilled from the hills, the manor, and every which direction you turned. Table after table of food had been lined up along the far edge of the plateau, lines forming with hungry guests ready to fill their plates.

In the heart of the celebration formed a colossal bonfire, illuminating the night air as raging flames leapt high into the night air, every once in a while spouting glittering sprays of sparks towards the stars - as if attempting to set the galaxy ablaze.

Little ones, rare as they were, squealed and whooped, chasing each other in and around the trees that lined the edges of the clearing, while those who were old enough to partake indulged in a hearty spread of ale and other spirits. Hopeful couples trailed to the rushing river below, carrying small ships they’d crafted with the utmost care, to see if the Gods would bestow their favors.

It was a joyous affair, every man, woman, and child, who deemed themselves wolves, converging together as a statement - a sort of proclamation. There would be a reclamation, a deliverance, a rising.

They would rebuild… and this was only the beginning.

[For those who would like to know more about this Lupo Tradition, click here.]

Last edited:
Relationship Status: It's Complicated
H O M E
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

Gerwald looked down at the written invitation he had received bearing the familiar scent of Freya Drage Freya Drage . Anything which had to do with Lupo culture had her handiwork all over it. The wolf chuckled at her persistence, how she tried to convince him that he belonged with his own kind. Gerwald was still uncertain. His life had been a mess, and the only pack he had ever truly known was the Knights Obsidian, of whom he had been the Lord Commander. In an odd way, Gerwald had been the alpha of his own pack even if it was nothing similar at all.

The lupo had no idea what the point of the celebration was. It held a druid-like mystique to it, one full of the same religion and superstition which had blinded the people of Stewjon. Gerwald did not believe in god, or any form of deity. The force was enough for him. He had been a god among men, and many had looked to him for guidance. Why would he now turn to the unseen gods of the wolf kind that he knew nothing about.

Yet, Gerwald had accepted.

He did not feel the need to dress in anything as nice as he would have for a Confederate party. His attire remained simple. A white shirt and pair of loose black pants with boots the same color. For some reason his gut told him he needed to leave his hair loose. Nothing was around his neck save for the chain which carried the ring Nardira’s soul was bound to. Gerwald had promised to find a way to make her live again, or at least free her from the curse which kept her from peace. This did not seem like the kind of celebration he should wear it, but the wolf refused to remove it.

Sunset had not taken long to arrive. The beast of a man was surrounded by many of his kind, many his height. Varrik had been the only one to keep him from feeling as though he towered over the galaxy, but now Gerwald felt as though he could blend in and hide.

So he did.

His feet carried him to the bonfire where he found a log to sit on. He watched as the flames danced recalling the celebration of his ascension to Lord Commander. He remembered another fire, one where he had roasted a fresh kill for a friend. One who would ultimately betray him. There had been another fire, one in a cave with someone he had grown close to. His mind flashed though every memory of roaring fires only to realize that everyone that he shared those memories with were gone.

A sigh escaped his lips as the wolf stood to his feet.

“Fuck this.”

It was muttered under his breath, but where others around him seemed happy and joyful, the thoughts in Gerwald’s mind only brought him pain. The wolf needed to deal with it, reconcile all of it. He had seen so much war and loss, betrayals, deaths, and hurts had all been pushed deep down to places Gerwald had thought they would remain. Clearly they had not, and this fire had brought them raging back to the surface.

He had agreed to attend. Gerwald knew Freya would be disappointed if she did not find him there, but Gerwald’s feet still carried him. Gerwald could only hope someone stopped him before he spurned the one connection he had to his people.

2gaGjFz.png

SUMMERLIGHT
...to a new beginning...

wmasUnr.png

A hand rose to sweep through rough tumbled locks, taking stock of the reflection that stared back at him. A faint sigh escaped, followed by a rumble of discontent that emanated from the depths of his chest. The invitation lay to the side, set atop the nearby table, the parchment and calligraphy impeccably done. He still wondered how they'd found him, considering how out of contact he'd been for so long. But it had, and it had given him pause.

There was the initial urge to decline it, of course, but he hadn't been able to make himself do so. He'd closed himself off from everything after Marionne's death and the subsequent months he'd spent falling apart afterwards. In truth, he still didn't feel as if he'd come out the other side. But part of him did miss contact with others. The camaraderie that had bound the Knights together before the end had come. He'd debated returning to the Confederacy, but that decision was taken from his hands with its dissolution.

So Varick had traveled. Keeping mostly to himself, eventually finding some measure of comfort in the solitude and quiet. But the invitation had been a ripple in the calm he'd so carefully cultivated. A burr that took up residence in his mind and forced him to remember who he was.

What he was.

A Lupo, and the Alpha of his clan. Purpose and responsibility he'd put aside for far too long in light of everything else that had lain claim to his time and energy. His wolf rumbled deep within his chest and the sound faded into another audible sigh. Varick's gaze lingered on the invitation before it returned, briefly, to his reflection. Fingers ran through his hair once more before he deemed himself ready and turned to go.

-------------------------

The holopics he'd seen of Bellassa simply did not do it justice. The raw, natural beauty of the place, combined with the energy of such a gather of Lupo was astonishing. Varick paused upon reaching the plateau, taking the time to drink in the sights on offer all around him. The sheer multitude of Lupo gathered together in celebration...it warmed even Varick's well-shielded heart.

He smiled as he walked slowly through the crowd, letting his gaze course along the crowd until he spotted a familiar face. With a tankard of ale in each hand, he approached Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner and placed himself in his brother's path. "Leaving so soon, Ger? You did promise you'd have a drink with me if I actually showed up." Varick rumbled softly, taking stock of his brother's features and the sense that not all was well within his beloved sibling.

Last edited:
This was a far cry from where Declan had thought he would be even as recently as a handful of weeks ago. Truthfully, he would not have imagined that this was even possible. To be surrounded by a group of Lupo so large he could not count them all, he wouldn't have dreamed it could happen and for him to be among them, naked from the waist up and bare footed, nothing on but a pair of loose fit silk-like pant, an empty tankard of ale in his hand, beard and bare chest soaked with beer and a broad smile on his face, that was the most impossible part of it all.

Yet, when the invitation had come it took him days to even open it and longer still to decide that he would come to Bellassa. So long had he spent away from his own kind, he had been reluctant to be among them again, afraid that he was too far an outsider, that he had fallen so far from the position he was born to that they would see his shame and shun him in earnest. The longer he stared at the invite however, the louder his mother's voice grew in his head.

"The God's often speak, Declan, and woe to the fool that ignores them"

This he knew had been The God's speaking to him. Ever since that day on Nal Hutta, in the pit, The God's had turned their eyes and their voices to him. So he came. His first Summerlight Gathering in three and a half decades.

The Summerlight Gatherings of his childhood had been some of the times he remembered most fondly. There was no river close to Hardhaven, the hall of his father but there was 'The Big Sister' and 'The Little Sister' two hot spring ponds that sat near each other one at the head of a large hill and one at the foot, sometime ages before his birth, an alpha of clan Kanaka had dug a trench from one spring to the other, giving a place for the couples to test their fates.

He had been twelve and his brother fifteen when they were approached by two girls each with a boat in their hands and hope in their hearts. Durin, fifteen years old with his dark black hair tied in a tight bun and the shadow of a beard over his cheeks, took one look at the girls noted their low birth and with as much tact as a blow to the head explained that he was to be alpha and as such would marry a highborn girl from clan Ulf before walking off to join a pack of his friends that were nearby.

Declan, was twelve and had no beard, shadow or otherwise and his hair was a wild tangle around his shoulders having yanked the bun out as soon as he had been set free from being within his mother's sight. Whatever grace the heir failed to display was picked up by his younger brother, who had come to chivalry easier than his brother. He placed his hands around one of the girl's and looked at her boat. She was older than him and taller, with long blonde hair that went down her back in a thick intricate braid. Malinda was her name and she had fierce blue eyes that were wild with adventure, it took all his strength not to fall in love with those eyes as he held her hands.

"That's a great boat." he told her. "You do me a great kindness to offer me the chance to have my fate ride down the water with yours." She beamed at him and he returned her smile, noticing the freckles around her eyes.
"A great kindness" He repeated. "Sadly, I have to decline your offer, though nothing has ever pained me so much." Her smile dropped.

"As my brother says, he is to be alpha and I will be his sworn sword. Sworn to protect him and his family and also sworn to take no mate of my own. I would not be repaying your kindness fairly if I agree to place our future in that boat, for my future has been decided. I cannot give you a whole life but I could show you a good time today."

And like that Durin went off with the highborn lads and Declan spent his time with the commons, both the happier for it.

Back in the present Declan grabbed another tankard of ale and drained it in in one continuous drink, liquid spilling out the sides of his mouth, soaking his beard even more. With the new tankard empty, Declan shook his head wildly sending droplets of beer all over the place before throwing his arms back and his head high and letting out a massive howl of joy. More than a few of the nearby lupo joined in and Declan could feel his heart swell. It had been half a lifetime since he heard that sound. He let out another howl and even more lupo joined in this time.

It was the happiest he had been in a long time and then a strange sad thought entered his mind as he looked around at this beautiful scene of celebration. He was surrounded by his people, the closest to home in over thirty years but they were not truly his people, it was not his true home. How many there had actually heard of how two gods fell in love, let alone could read the runes tattooed on his arm? How many saw the tattoo on his back and saw nothing more than pretty pictures, not knowing it was his history, their history?

He took a seat on a bench near to the food and close to the musicians. He thought about requesting a song but settled instead for taking a large bite out of a chunk of bread.

jcVs8zu.jpg

SUMMERLIGHT
...to belong or not...
iOiBZh0n9SxT7ZokZaAS8bVMIHfPk46cyfGNGwkxplBKZ0xNYdLy3kdmJuzznmfxgH5BiezUrCqPkshS57SFLrKf1OYkeFpV3kaIyHifbx8q2sSnOSIErvvLkB2SSDAoaYavH6Ol

I see a lily on thy brow,
With anguish moist and fever-dew,

And on thy cheeks a fading rose
Fast withereth too.

The Confederacy had never been a home. The First Order had begun to approach being a home, but Marionne's death and the faction's descent to its old ways drove her away. Varick had done his level best to keep her from the madness that overtook so much of her family but she enveloped herself in solitude and savored the cold of Rhen Var for months on end.

The quiet would have been overwhelming to many, but it soothed Firenne's fractured soul. Her mind remained intact, but she was still plagued with the visions and memories of her time on Dosuun. The conflicts that had erupted, the missions that there never seemed to be enough Knights for, it had always felt like they were running and they simply couldn't catch up. But she'd believed, and she'd remained steadfast until Marionne had died.

And no one save the Knights seemed to care. The aurebesh had been on the wall but they hadn't seen it. The destabilization had begun from within, at the heart of the highest echelons of power. The eternal struggle. Why she thought it could ever be different was a mystery, but that broken trust almost broke her.

So she came to Islimore. Invited to the Summerlight Gathering with the delivery of a delicately crafted invitation of parchment and ink that had been delivered to her on Rhen Var by a Lupo she'd never met before. How they'd found her, Firenne wasn't certain, but a deep, locked away sliver of her mind was glad of it. She'd begun to feel herself slipping away.

Again.

Firenne wasn't certain she could bear the loss of herself one more time. So she carefully chose a dress of the palest blue, with faceted crystals across the neckline and adorning her waist. A soft, ethereal confection chosen with a thread of hope. Her long hair remained loose, curls hanging just past her shoulders, a single Ithorian orchid tucked behind her ear, its silken white petals gleaming. Feet clad in shoes that should have been too tall for her to manage gave her a few more blessed inches of height.

She chose her steps carefully, wandering around the edge of the celebration, a hand resting gently on the tree trunk she paused beside. She didn't belong here, considering her lineage. She belonged to no clan, just a family cursed with madness and dark power in equal measure.

Blinking, she watched the fire and sighed quietly as it crackled and lept toward the stars as if begging them to join in its joyous dance. The howls that rang through the air were enough to calm her shattered nerves to a degree she hadn't felt in long enough that she couldn't remember. Firenne felt her own wolf stir and pace at the back of her mind, woken by the siren call of the others, and the faintest smile began to bloom across her features.

Maybe.

Just maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Tags: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner | Declan Durinson Declan Durinson | Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld
Attire: Hide trousers

Hours before the Summerlight Gathering.
"Have you made sure you are groomed and cleaned your coat?" A female voice called over the holovid.

"Also, make sure to show off your scars, tattoos and strong physique. That is crucial, all the female mates will need to know you are of strong lineage and that your heritage and heritage is part of who you are." A male voice was stern in tone, "though, you also need to ensure that you only talk with pure blood alphas. We don't know who will be at this gathering or if they are worthy. Still mind-blowing that we are no longer alone in the galaxy like we once thought."

Brynjar was sat, watching his parents as they talked. He sighed, though he had taken the title of Alpha from his father, he did not feel like he was the one in charge. His parents still seemed to think that they were in control till he had a mate and continuing the family line like they were so desperate for him to do. However, the revelation that there were more clans, pure blood clans that were not dying out. That blew his mind and left him reeling and question everything that was going on in his life. His parents were still assuming that he would take the Anasi role since they were prizing him as the best Alpha in several generations in their family, however, Brynjar was facing a lot more doubts and uncertainty than he had before. His parents felt sure a strong mate would secure his role so they were now more than ever pushing him to finally settle.

Only one thing that he had agreed with his parents was to put on a strong face and ensure that he was looking his best, seeing all these strangers. There was a chance he found a mate, but he doubted it. Things were fresh and even around people Brynjar knew, he was not the talkative, social type. He was a fighter, gruff and growl person. He trimmed and tidied his beard and hair, oil was used to give it a nice shine. Looking at his figure, hairy chest that was adorned in tattoos and scars, each scar was from a fight he survived. He was proud of his many scars and the tattoos were stories of his story and many adventures. Feeling the ground between his toes was crucial for him, it was the best way for him to feel grounded and connected to the world and his wolf form.

Arriving at the gathering, he noticed several unknown faces and how varied they were all dressed. His stomach grumbled loudly so Brynjar headed straight to the tables of food, licking his lips hungrily.

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bellassa
Tag | @Whoever intercepts Aelin, first.

She meandered around, not in a particular rush to be anywhere.

With each step she savored the dampness of the grass beneath her bare feet, shoes held aloft. It was a childish thing to do, perhaps, walking barefoot. But it was a small pleasure, one that stirred her primal instincts and garnered approval from her wolf. Passerbyers who crossed her path offered up pleasant exchanges to her, Aelin inclining her head to them and smiling in return.

The music and jollity eventually carried her all the way to the edge of the pyre in a sweep of flowing fabrics. The sound was wonderful, and like a siren's song, she felt powerless against its lure.

The ebullient roar of orange and yellow flames warmed against her skin, while boisterous revelers dancing around the celebration were awash in its firelight - gems and jewels of various colorations glinting in a rainbow kaleidoscope as they spun and spun. Aelin stood enthralled, lovingly inhaling the dusky air and only moving to go and get herself something to drink.

The plateau became more crowded as the night pulled on. Across the hills she could hear the sound of wolves howling between the occasional pause in music.

She was pouring herself a goblet of something gold and sparkling, when Åstor finally appeared behind her, peering over her shoulder.

“I don’t think you should drink that,” he said, attempting to reach over and remove her glass, but she frowned, holding it out of his reach. “Oh?”

“I’m serious, remember what happened last time you didn’t trust me?”

Aelin swatted his hand and lifted the glass to her lips, brows raised. “The last time I trusted you, you told me lychanberries were harmless and I spent the afternoon half-delirious and tripping over myself.” She retorted, taking a sip, certain she saw him cringe.

“Gods boil me.” he muttered, raking a hand through his dark hair. “Just don’t let Børre see you, he’ll gut me if he finds out.”

A laugh brushed past her lips, taking another swig from the jewel-encrusted goblet, the liquid warming its way down. It tasted liberating. “Now you’re being dramatic,” she grinned, “but I suppose I can keep your interests in mind if I happen upon your brother tonight.”

“Damnit, Aelin…”

She waved him off and the young wolf groaned in protest, but didn’t argue, likely with other matters on the brain. She was certain that in one way or another, it inevitably involved Alfvaldr.

In the minutes after he left, her goblet was emptied and refilled - her skin warming over as her eyes scanned the crowds, landing on a familiar face, talking to an unfamiliar face.

Aelin furrowed her brows, taking another drink.

She hadn’t seen Gerwald since that day with the fur trappers, those terrible images brandished in her brain, a memory she’d not forget anytime soon. Unlike those in the Drage Clan, who shone as the pinnacle of a functioning pack, Gerwald seemed to stand alone - packless, like her. Then again, it wasn’t like they’d gotten to know one another the last they met, and she certainly didn’t know many important things about him - aside from his background as a General for the Confederacy. Perhaps he did have family, perhaps that was who stood with him now?

A curiosity like she’d never known was rising beneath her breast, and before she knew what she was doing, Aelin was crossing over the distance towards the two men.

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

H O M E
ger-template.png

TAG: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner

It had been Gerwald’s full intention to leave the celebration. His heart was not in making merry, and it had not been for some time. Life was one series of disappointments after the other, one abandonment after the other. He was tired of letting his guard down and opening himself to others only to have it all come crashing to an end. While one would look at Gerwald and say that he seemed to be in the peek and prime of his health, the wolf was wounded. His wound was that of being alone, without a true pack or family to call his own.

Varrik stopped him.

“Leaving so soon, Ger? You did promise you'd have a drink with me if I actually showed up.”

Gerwald sighed. To his own credit, Varick had done what he could to make amends. The two of them had been working on their relationship, even fighting side by side again when the First Order called for aid. It had not felt the same as when they were on Stewjon, but it had been close. They still knew each other well, and Gerwald legitimately felt sorry for the poor souls that found their way into their path. There was one thing the Lechner brothers knew to do, and that was to kill.

“I did,” he said with a smirk and taking one of the goblets from his brother, “I just did not think you would come. Last I checked a mating celebration didn’t seem like your thing...”

Gerwald took a hefty swig of the ale.

“...or mine…”

His free hand absently returned to the ring around his neck. How long had it been since Naedira died, and how long had it been since he allowed that death to keep him from moving on. His love for her had been real, he knew it. While they had never actually been an item, the Lupo held out hope for so long he would be able to bring her back. There had only been one other that had come close to claiming the wolf as her, but she was no longer present in his life either. The atmosphere reminded Gerwald of too much hurt.

“You are well, then?”

It was small talk, but Gerwald did not know how else to approach his brother. They did not share life. Both of them were more lone wolves than pack animals. While the younger lupo had nothing but love for his brother, life had taken them in very different directions since Alwine killed their mother.

He looked away briefly, in just enough time to catch Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos . She was petite, but that was as far as her stature limited her. For a small thing she was strong, and in some ways she exhibited the same fire his younger sister did. He knew Varrik would feel the same way, or hoped he would.

“Come with me,” he said to his brother as he made his way toward the brunette.

“Be careful with the wine. Rumor has it some mischievous wolf has laced it with something that will make you see things.”

If only Gerwald knew how much truth there was to the rumor.

“Aelin, this is my brother Varick. Varick, this is Aelin.”

The wolf quickly shot a look to his brother which was an encouragement to play nice. For some reason Gerwald wanted his brother to like her. He wanted his approval.

Declan had his fill of food having suped first on greasy duck roasted in butter, garlic and herbs until the skin had become crispy. He then hollowed out three large hunks of crunchy bread, ate the soft middle and let the crust soak in a stew of venison, carrots and potatoes cooked in a broth of red wine and washed it all down with two more tankards of ale. He was fit to burst, belly and bladder both so he slunk from the tent in a bit of a hurry to find a private place to conduct his business.

Away from the noise and smells of the celebration on the sparsely decorated edges of the property Declan swayed slightly as he stalked the grounds alone. His business safely taken care of, he found himself in no rush to get back. He truly had been enjoying himself and have every intention of doing so again but so many strange faces…strange Lupo faces, made him feel just a bit uneasy. He should be drunk with his brothers, watching Dorian chase girls…or boys. Gods, his brother was a stranger now after all these years. In his mind he could only see Dorian as a child but by now he would be a man grown in truth. The thought made, his heart sore and his eyes wet. It also brought on a thirst and so he swaggered back toward where he thought he had come.

He spied someone standing under a nearby tree, from their size he had thought maybe one of the pups had snuck off with a bottle of wine that needed confiscating. As he got close, even though he was behind her, he could tell from her figure and choice of clothes that she had reached maturity.

"Hello there!" He called "I pray I am not disturbing you."

He paused his walk a few feet from her so to not seem a threat. Though given his height, large muscles, bare scar covered chest, fully tattooed arms, wild beard and long hair, it was possible no matter how cheery his demeanor and courteous the space given, he may yet be an imposing figure.

"Beautiful night for it. Do you need an escort back to the festival?"

Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld

The brothers were a study in contrasts. Where he was clad in a formal suit that matched the tone of the invitation, his brother was the picture of casual comfort, and it made him envious to a degree. Where his brother had the imposing, robust physique, he was a touch shorter and a little more leanly sculpted. But with that said, they were intrinsically similar as well, as only brothers could be, especially those who had shared an early life brimming with trauma.

A smile curled his mouth in response to his brother's initial words. He wasn't wrong, Varick mused as he took a long swig of the ale and savored the way it tasted. It was strong, with a bright, clear taste reminiscent of honey and some type of berry he couldn't put a finger on. Another drink and a deep breath later, he managed a response.

"It doesn't seem to be a place either one of us would normally seek out...but here we are. Together at least, for the first time in entirely too long." Varick rumbled quietly, his smile warming his features and finally reaching his eyes.

"Honestly? I've been better...but I'm here, and glad to see you. There's a great deal to catch up on, I'm certain...we didn't have much time to talk last time we saw one another."

Casting his gaze across the assembled revelers, he made a considerable dent in the level of ale in his tankard, absently unfastening the buttons of his jacket. The gathering was proceeding without them, some dancing, some feasting, some drinking, some trying to do all three at once. Joyful howls overcame the music every so often, and his own wolf rose and paced at the back of his head in response. It was difficult to resist the siren call to that primordial act, and he wondered how many tankards it would take until his control slipped enough for his wolf to emerge.

Lofting a brow as his brother bid him to follow, he did and a laugh rumbled deep in his chest. "I'll try to heed that warning, though I make no promises. Wouldn't be a party if I didn't do something foolish at least once..."

"Aelin, this is my brother Varick. Varick, this is Aelin."

His voice trailed off, the question of where Gerwald was leading him soon answered with the introduction to a lovely woman clad in an ethereal dress that reminded him of a summer sky. Varick smiled and politely inclined his head before offering his own greeting. "A pleasure to meet you, Aelin, and my apologies that I haven't made your acquaintance sooner. I do hope Gerwald hasn't been too crazy." his voice was warm and his eyes flickered from teal to gold with mirthful energy.​

jcVs8zu.jpg

SUMMERLIGHT
Declan Durinson Declan Durinson
iOiBZh0n9SxT7ZokZaAS8bVMIHfPk46cyfGNGwkxplBKZ0xNYdLy3kdmJuzznmfxgH5BiezUrCqPkshS57SFLrKf1OYkeFpV3kaIyHifbx8q2sSnOSIErvvLkB2SSDAoaYavH6Ol

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,

And never stops at all,

Having availed herself of some of the delicacies on offer around the clearing, she'd retreated to the comfort of her shadowed perch at the edge of the clearing. A carved goblet in her hand, it was a work of art in an of itself with its simple curves and intricate inlaid patterns. The wine within was the embodiment of warmth and the flavor of crisp autumn air captured within the grapes that had gone into it.

This was her second...or maybe her third. Firenne wasn't entirely certain, and she was loathe to think too much on it as the warmth filtered through her senses in an ever so pleasant way. She sighed with the pleasure, humming along softly as the musicians segued into a tune she recognized. It was lively, and a part of her wanted to kick off her heels and join those dancing round the fire in joyful abandon.

Perhaps after she finished her freshly filled goblet she'd consider it again, apprehension still holding her back. Her wolf paced at the back of her mind, restless with the energy that wreathed around the clearing.

I'm...trying, she thought softly.

A gentle, wordless reassurance was her wolf's only response, for which she was glad. The last few months...maybe a year, or perhaps more...had been difficult enough with the state of her mind. Distracted, she didn't hear the lupo approaching her until he spoke.

"Hello there!" He called "I pray I am not disturbing you."

"There's nothing to interrupt except my thoughts, and you are a very welcome respite from those." she said softly, turning to face the one who had approached her, dark eyes flashing briefly to her wolf's crimson-laced gold. Canting her head to the side, she took a moment...or maybe three...she couldn't count goblets of wine, counting the moments she spent staring wasn't going to work either.

There was a history written upon his flesh, and her gaze traced the scars and tattoos alike before alighting on his smiling face. While tall and imposing, he seemed aware of it and held himself in a manner that left her comfortable, a fact for which she was grateful. Dipping her head, she smiled softly, cheeks warm from the ruby wine.

"Beautiful night for it. Do you need an escort back to the festival?"

Tearing her gaze away from him for a moment and returning it to the revelry, she sighed softly. Her wolf rumbled softly at the back of her head and FIrenne reached up to brush a stray curl from her cheek. "It is a beautiful night. I would be happy to accept an escort back to the festival, though I feel more than a little out of place, to be honest."

Naked but for a pair of trousers, feet covered in mud, body covered in scars or ink and beard covered in beer, Declan was the picture of northern chivalry as he bowed to this newly met young woman. Declan held out his right arm, bent at the elbow for her to take so they may walk back to the party together. That arm like the other was covered in runic script. These particular runes told the story of the courtship of Rænör & Cérmæ and how the mighty god of the hunt humbled himself to win over his beloved.

"It is a beautiful night. I would be happy to accept an escort back to the festival, though I feel more than a little out of place, to be honest."

"You definitely are." He said after she took his arm and they started walking. They were all out of place truth be told. Some more than others. Every Lupo had their heritage tied to Islimore, to The Wolf's Wood, to The Gods and to all that had been taken from them ages ago by The Fayth but Declan had lived there, had grown up on a world many of these wolves had never heard of until a handful of years ago. They were a people in exile.

"I've been all over the galaxy, and I don't think I can say, I've seen many people as beautiful as you." He clarified softly, The courtesy coming easily from his lips as they walked between two neatly trimmed hedges adorned with purple petaled flowers and golden ribbon. They were by no stretch empty courtesy either. He had found this woman very appealing, with her dark-gray almost silver eyes, that conjured memories of northern spring skies at home and the way her dress clung to her athletic frame.

"My name is Declan Osb…Durinson. Declan Durinson, by the way." He said, stumbling over his own name as he introduced himself, it had been so long since he had any reason to tell anyone who he had been, who he one day hoped to be again.

As they walked Declan was careful to shorten his strides to match hers the best he could and as they walked he began to sing, softly and more to himself than to her, just a way to fill their time walking.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories."

His singing voice was deep and rich and had often been described as quite pleasant. His older brother had been taught politics as well as warfare but when the time for swords was done Declan was left to pursue his own interests and singing had become a way to further explore that which he was most interested in…girls. Oh how they would swoon and smile as the son of the alpha serenaded them with sweet songs.

" I hope I'm not being too forward, but have you put a boat in the river?" He asked her as they neared a rather large fire and a trio of people congregating nearby.

Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld

6ZLYAdoXbBc9UI4rEODZCkesxF_MgXjMR4TyLPae4MpkrMWRTu3F-vSlbdsNeQ0cK1Gl_xDVpJVGmfRo8fQxo0NKTMhCc7Qu_En6UXA8XV_rca6GR_cJvX36p_EoJyUUb0-TihL8

SUMMERLIGHT
Declan Durinson Declan Durinson

D_MD54PUAa0G1f211w9oU5XzNd9SswVlBpm5Zz01BYQkkftPxu_asBXeIc-ob-D4eJSwwm1o-ywEhN8RjDfebovkUNEU4VhmDT8eOEYN666Flfc3BfvDnEtzf9AoP5to8xmwNke-

Even if you see my scars,
Even if I break your heart,
If we're a million miles apart,

Do you think you'd walk away?

Her head dipped as her smile warmed her features and she gazed up at him through shimmering lashes. Ruggedly handsome and possessed of manners that would make a Tapani nobleman jealous…perhaps coming to the gathering hadn’t been the worst idea after all. Firenne gently accepted his arm, fingers resting lightly on the warm, proffered skin.

His words gave her a bit of pause and her head canted to the side as she gave herself leave to contemplate them for a moment. If he thought her Lupo, she mused, perhaps their history had a great deal more trouble entwined in it than she’d heard of. Granted, she knew precious little, and none of the archives and databases she had access to had much information on them.

"I've been all over the galaxy, and I don't think I can say, I've seen many people as beautiful as you."

Ohhh…did he…just…

The wolf pacing at the back of her head paused and rumbled softly with approval, a note of amusement threading through her mind at her expense.

Dark eyes flickered to the warm crimson laced gold of her lupine half, and she almost stumbled as they walked. Firenne swore her wolf did it on purpose considering her years of dance training alongside the martial arts had left her with grace in spades. It took her far too long to persuade her voice to work again, so she concentrated on allowing the fingertips of her free hand to trace the tattoos that adorned his arm. She wondered at the story they told and realized she’d been silent a little too long.

Cheeks flushed with the warmth of one unaccustomed to such compliments, she lifted her head to gaze up at him, eyes fading from their lupine gold to the dark gray they normally were. “That is the loveliest thing I’ve heard in a very long time. Thank you…” she said softly, free hand remaining on his arm as the other was still quite comfortably ensconced in his elbow.

She would have returned the compliment in kind but he continued, giving her the opportunity to allow her gaze to course across his bare chest and shoulders with appreciation writ within instead. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Declan. My name is Firenne…Firenne Van-Derveld.” the response came automatically as he gave her his name and she prayed for the first time in forever that he didn’t have any preconceived notions regarding her familial surname.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories…"

“...where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky…” she continued with the next phrase of the song, voice soft and light. Her artistic ability was with pencil, paper, and color, not music, but she had some bit of musical ability from lessons years ago. He spoke again, however, and she was saved from continuing to sing, for which she was thankful as she’d forgotten what lyric came next.

"I hope I'm not being too forward, but have you put a boat in the river?"

“You are not being too forward, and I have not put a boat in the river. I did pass by some others doing so earlier but I am not familiar with the custom. Would you be willing to tell me about it?” she asked, a bit more warmth than intended in her tone.​

Tags: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos (Interacting with)
It was clear that there were many important people around the gathering, the aura around them felt of importance or tense with so many Alphas around at once. Brynjar had been around many creatures, especially pack animals like the Lupo, having multiple Alphas interacting was not ideal since fighting and competition often happened in the wild. He knew that Lupos were different to their more primal relatives, so this gathering should go fine, it was an ancient tradition that often happened. He was just on edge being around so many strangers and feeling the voices of his parents in the back of his mind, he knew that he had to make some connections, that he needed to build connections and relationships.

Rubbing the back of his neck, sighing deeply as he just didn't know where to start in terms of talking to others. Walking around aimlessly, he found himself bumping into Aelin as he was moving around. He stopped and stared at her, he sniffed deeply, his eyes didn't recognise her but her scent was familiar. Brynjar narrowed his eyes, "you are Aelin. Met you when I first got to this world." He stated coolly, he didn't know what to make of Aelin. In his parents minds, she would be too short in their minds. But she was an Alpha and pure blooded so they would deem her acceptable. However, what did he think of her? It was too early to tell he thought...

"I was going to grab some food. Seems we got in each others way." He comments, before gesturing to the table of food. "I... I erm.... I am not sure what to really do around here." Brynjar confessed to her, she was the only person that he recognised and he needed to at least attempt to strike up conversation to sate his parents.

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bellassa
Tag | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner , Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

Aelin found herself stumbling some. Her body felt like a million fireworks had exploded inside her, filling her veins with starlight. It was a strange feeling, one that she swore she'd felt before, but not one that she entirely hated, either. The she-wolf felt loose, unchained from bonds she didn't know existed, and was content to remain so. The sky had become an eddy of molten amethysts, sapphires and rubies, bleeding into a final pool of onyx. If she could swim in it, she'd bath in the colors, imagining how it would feel for the stars to twinkle against her skin.

The wolf swayed on her feet, the dredges of her golden drink sloshing around as the strains for another musical number picked up, a group of Lupo plucking against their instruments. Her molten eyes watched the Lupo who gathered around to dance, and Aelin completely forgot what her original goal was.

"You are Aelin. I met you when I first got to this world."

His voice broke through the haze of wonderment, reluctantly forcing her eyes to turn and meet his before falling down to trace along the strong column of his neck and over the cluster of tattoos. Noting his serious expression, a soft breath of amusement passed through her rosebud lips, a smile pulling around the cupid's bow. "You're so serious," she giggled - actually giggled, as the words popped out, impulsively looping her arm through his. It was almost comical with how tiny she was, her arm practically vanishing into the crook of his arm as she pulled him along. "If you're going to the food, you should try the wind - erm, wine. It's glorious."

Her feet moved, but not towards the food. In truth, there was no saying where they were taking her. She acted on impulse, escorted by the sounds and colors, savoring the strange spell that'd taken over her and following the beats until they stopped in front of two other wolves. Or had they intercepted them?

Aelin's arm released from her burly victim.

"Be careful with the wine. Rumor has it some mischievous wolf has laced it with something that will make you see things."

A hand moved to cover the sound of a small squeaking hiccup that barely eeked passed her lips. "Nonsense. I've had two glasses and it's marvelous." Aelin remarked, swaying where she stood.

The air felt warm, warmer than anything she'd ever felt. Or maybe that was her?

Her gaze passed between the two new wolves, equally herculean in proportion from her vantage. The brothers seemed to glow with a golden sheen, a circlet of sunshine framing their faces. Though they were opposites, it was in their eyes where she noticed the similarity. They were not just merely blue, but green as well, with flecks of gold. It was like the Gods had deemed that every hue of the forest be bled into a singular shade.

"Your brother?" she repeated, giving a hmmm in thought. "Oh, well, he's a born and raised brute," her features broke into a cheeky grin, to let him know she was enjoying a bit of a jest. "but not too terrible, once you get passed that."

Again, the music twined against her soul as it started up, the musky scents permeating her senses making her wolf pace back and forth.

"Would any of you like to join me for a dance?" A strong need to be in the music, to weave between its notes, pulled at the fabric of her being.

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
Tags: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner
Aelin seemed different, she was less serious and seemed more carefree and very forward. Brynjar tilted his head and studied her, thinking about what she was saying, he was pretty serious but he had the weight of his entire clan on him. The survival of his family name depended on him finding the right mate and having a family. Though, at times he wondered if running away and abandoning his family would serve him any good. His parents were past their prime now and could not have more children, he was been their miracle they said but he never felt that. He only felt like a tool when they talked to him.

She had wine, two glasses, apparently whatever she had drank was strong. Brynjar had never been one much for wine, or alcohol in general, he felt it was not a good way to care for yourself. Clouded the mind as well, and he couldn't afford to cloud his judgements when he had so much to deal with. Her arm in his, it felt nice and comfortable though he was much bigger than she was so was amusing when she was leading the way, guiding him around. Seeing the other men, his chest puffed slightly, his parents words echoing. He needed allies but he also needed to appear strong and invincible if he was going to stand as Anasi. A decision he wasn't convinced of yet, but he couldn't insult his parents wishes either when they have provided him with so much.

He remained silent when she conversed with the brothers, he was unsure what to say. Did he just outright come and say that he was the next Anasi? Did he greet himself as their superior or did he wait? Ensure he built a solid family then push for leadership, his parents were unhelpful, they wanted him to do it all and be the strongest Alpha out of all the clans. When Aelin mentioned about dancing, Brynjar looked confused, dancing? He had never danced in his life, hunting, fighting, learning his clans history and how to survive alone in the wild, all that he knew how to do. Dancing, that had never been a lesson. "I can dance with you. Though you might need to teach me, I have not done this dancing." Brynjar confessed as he looked at her, the carefree nature was somewhat alluring and perhaps during the dancing he could see if she want to be his mate.

That was what this gathering was about right?

"...I am not familiar with the custom. Would you be willing to tell me about it?" She asked.

Declan stopped walking and gently untangled his arm from her grasp, lightly holding her hand in his for a pointed moment. He turned and positioned himself between her and the large bonfire, so smoke would not sting her eyes. He was not surprised to hear that she was unfamiliar with lupo custom.

"There was a time when The Gods lived among our people. the God Rænör.." He turned his hand over and showed her the rune that was used to represent the god of the hunt.

"The God Rænör and Arwen, the spirit of summer, would host the summerlight gathering.Clans from all over would come and be with their gods, to celebrate the coming of the summer solstice. There would be drinking and feasting and music, and a big part of the festival was Xæiar, goddess of foresight and prophecy, keeping counsel with the women of the clans, helping them know if they had found the right mate or where to look if they had none at all."

" and then The Gods left and their children were forced to live on their own but as you can imagine, like any parent they still sought ways to speak to us to guide us. So now at the gatherings, young couples place tiny boats in the water." He cupped her hands in his to make little hand boats.

"And when they send it down river, their love and their fates become entwined." He took her boat hands and and entangled her fingers with his to illustrate his point

"When they get to the end of the river the couple will look for their boat. If it made it down whole, with no isse, well that is a good sign that you've chosen wisely who to give your heart to." He gently laid her hand over his heart. Goosebumps covered his flesh at her touch.

"If it makes it down but it is damaged or otherwise broken in some way, well that just means that the path you're on may not be the smoothest but the fact that your boat made it means it's worth trying."

He let the question about the boat not surviving the journey linger. His green eyes staring into her as he tried to keep himself from thinking about what would happen if they placed a boat of their own in the rushing water. He had asked her about the boats in the first place to try and discern if she were here coupled with anyone. It had been a very short time but he found himself interested in her in a way he hadn't been with the other women he had come across at the gathering. He liked her smell, and her dress, and the softness of her touch as she had ran her fingers along the markings on his arm.

There was another who had done the very same thing not so long ago. She was gone now, Because of him. Not for anything he had done but because of who he was. His past had caught up to him and he was the only one that hadn't had to pay the price for it.

Though she had never been more than a member of his crew and his feeling for her had never grown beyond lustful curiosity, thinking of Rara took some of the joy away from the occasion and it seemed to be messing with his senses. Mixed in with the smell from the bonfire was the scent of a lupo, one that he knew, one that he had met on Hutta with Rara. Declan turned his head sharply and spotted her amongst three other lupo, all male.

She was barefoot and swaying with the music.

"YOU!" He roared as he half jogged over to Aelin and grabbed her by the waist with both hands, lifting her from the ground and doing a full spin in an expression of joy as clear as the wagging of a tail. Hell, he couldn't even remember her name but he knew her smell and he remembered that they had been shoulder to shoulder, spilling blood and bleeding in the pits.

"Ellen! This is your party eh?" He asked grinning and all the while ignoring the other males.

"Have you met Fi?" He asked, walking back over to Firenne excited to introduce the one person he knew here to the newest person he had met.

"Firenne, this is Ellen."

Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

Last edited:
H O M E
ger-template.png

TAG: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

There were moments with Varick which felt like the two wolves had never been a part. It did not take long for other comments to remind them how untrue that was however. It was inevitable they would find their way to each other at times, but could the wounds of the past be healed? A tankard of ale was all it seemed to take. They were Stewjoni wolves after all. The only thing better than ale would have been a goblet of mead. Just the thought of it made the summer wolf's mouth water. He quickly took another gulp of the ale, draining it must faster than he had wished to.

His warning to Aelin seemed to come late. Blue eyes turned back to those of his brother and rolled. Her heightened state made her lips rather loose, and once again Varick would be led to believe Gerwald had no class, or that he was increasingly rude.

"She was going to hurt herself fighting. Her stance was all wrong for the height of her opponent."

The answer likely made him seem even more rude, but Gerwald could never stop teaching or training. It was the one thing he knew better than he knew himself. What was he now after the collapse of the Confederacy? His life had been dedicated to the cause which they had abandoned, and the wolf was once again in search of who he was. Gerwald had been what others wanted himself to be for so long, he no longer knew what he wanted for himself.

Duty had been his calling, but now it was simply his excuse.

A sigh escaped his lips as the other males came their way. Something about them, what the night was meant to be, caused the wolf within Gerwald to distrust them. None of them knew what it meant to be Lupo, and none of them knew what it meant to human. Sadly, Gerwald knew what it meant to be both. Of all the lessons he had learned, the Lupo understood they were not one or the other. They were both at once. That knowledge brought with it a way of life he had not seen others of his kind express. They would tend to one side of their being or another. Gerwald had learned balance, thus he was not at the festival simply to allow fate to give him a mate.

He reached for the ring onice more, finding the quirk to be odd considering his company.

Aelin wanted to dance. There two men eager to give in. Gerwald simply folded his arms across his chest and laughed at the display in front of him. She was higher than a fighter blitzing across the sky, and the playful side of the wolf only wanted to make it worse.

"The witches of the Confederacy loved to dance. I'm fact the last time I was invited to do so it was also around a fire."

He paused looking to his brother before reaching for some of the spiked wine.

"The only difference was their women did so without their clothing."

Gerwald took a sip. They were there to have fun, and why should Aelin be the only one going on whatever trip the lychanberry wine promised. ​

6ZLYAdoXbBc9UI4rEODZCkesxF_MgXjMR4TyLPae4MpkrMWRTu3F-vSlbdsNeQ0cK1Gl_xDVpJVGmfRo8fQxo0NKTMhCc7Qu_En6UXA8XV_rca6GR_cJvX36p_EoJyUUb0-TihL8

SUMMERLIGHT
Declan Durinson Declan Durinson | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist | Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

D_MD54PUAa0G1f211w9oU5XzNd9SswVlBpm5Zz01BYQkkftPxu_asBXeIc-ob-D4eJSwwm1o-ywEhN8RjDfebovkUNEU4VhmDT8eOEYN666Flfc3BfvDnEtzf9AoP5to8xmwNke-

Do we make sense, I think we do
In spite of everything that we've been through
Oh and you say black and I say white
It's not about who's wrong
As long as it feels right

Don't think those stars won't align

There was a part of her that desperately wanted a fresh sketchbook and her beloved charcoals and pastels. The art and meaning of the runes adorning Declan's skin were deserving of both study and admiration. Most of her, however, was entranced as he translated each rune, telling their story and giving her context for the festival and the tradition of the boats he'd mentioned a few moments ago.

Firenne's gaze flickered between the gold of her wolf and the near-silver of her human form, the warmth of his hands surrounding hers and eliciting a faint sigh of pleasure amidst his words. Distracted as she was, it took her a moment to realize he'd placed one of her hands over his heart and held it in place.

She blinked, slowly, losing more than a moment or perhaps three in the emerald of his gaze. There was much left unspoken that her senses tried to grasp onto, things just out of reach, tantalizingly close yet still far away. Something kindled deep within her mind, her wolf offering a sense of approval to the thing she hadn't put a name to yet.

The last time she'd felt anything of this nature…well. That wasn't worth thinking of. It had been years since, and she'd lost enough time to that pain back then. It didn't get to come back and ruin anything that might be flickering to life in the present. Her palm lingered above his heart and she thought she felt his heart change pace briefly as did her own and whatever words might have been forming faded away at the realization.

The woman felt her wolf's amusement at her expense and took a deep, ragged breath as Declan stepped away to greet another lupo that he knew. Firenne savored the opportunity to gather her scattered wits, considering that he'd sent them far afield to the four winds. Her cheeks were flushed with warmth that seemed to be planted there for the evening, and she was hard-pressed to mind.

Firenne's smile widened as he called her name and returned to bring her forward and introduce her. "Ellen, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said brightly, taking an instant liking to the woman who had already given herself over to the celebration and simply vibrated within the Force, brimming with boundless energy and warm abandon.

She took a moment to meet the gaze of the others, nodding and smiling at Brynjar, then gently brushing her mind against Varick's by way of a greeting.

///It's good to see you, big brother.///

///And you, little sister. I see you've already made an impression./// He replied, his mind-voice warm and mirthful.

Gerwald she only really knew by reputation, as their paths had not much crossed during her time in the Confederacy. Well, reputation and Varick's stories, which were salacious and entirely too entertaining to listen to. A well deserved reputation given his comment about the Confederacy's witches…considering he'd been dating her cousin the last time she'd seen him at one of the festivals.​

He was hard pressed to hide his smile and eventually his effort was for naught as his expression warmed with the amusement that refused to remain in the background. Varick knew better than to believe his brother was the cad his reputation painted him as, but it didn't stop him from teasing Gerwald about it endlessly. It was his duty as the elder brother, after all.

Draining the rest of his ale, he set the tankard aside and gave in to his wolf just a little bit. While accustomed to formal wear to a degree, his wolf tolerated it only as long as he had to. And he'd already reached his limit. His jacket and vest were soon set aside along with his tie, buttons at his collar and wrists undone, with cuffs rolled up to the elbows revealing the scars of a lifetime of fighting and the tattoos marking the milestones that meant the most to him.

He grinned as Gerwald explained and shook his head. His brother was ever the teacher and he could 'see' the moment as clearly as if he'd been there. Though his brother could likely have phrased whatever he'd said better, at least Aelin didn't seem upset over the interaction. Though she was higher than a drunk thranta lost in the clouds on Bespin, he didn't sense anything untoward from her.

Lofting a brow as his brother reached for a goblet of the spiked wine, two more lupo approached, both of whom ignored the brothers' presence entirely. Interesting, he mused, but not unexpected given the presence of the stunning woman before them. Varick reached out with the Force and floated a full goblet to his hand, watching Brynjar and then Declan in turn. It was the presence of Declan's companion that finally grabbed his attention and the brush of a familiar mind greeting.

///It's good to see you, big brother.///

///And you, little sister. I see you've already made an impression.///

In truth, given her last communication to him, he'd been concerned about Firenne, but seeing her here did his heart good. She'd become like a sister to him in the years they'd served together in First Imperial Knights, after having been the barest of acquaintances during their time in the Confederacy.

Taking a long drink from the goblet, Varick canted his head toward Gerwald. "Maybe this time talk me out of trying to climb a tree in my wolf form…I don't want to be stuck on a branch until morning again." he grinned.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom