Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Summerlight Gathering

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bellassa
Tag | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Varick Lechner Varick Lechner , Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist , Declan Durinson Declan Durinson , Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld

Aelin canted her head to the side and looked up at Gerwald with what she intended to be a disapproving frown, but could not help the small twitch that pulled at the corner of her lips, nor the spark ignited in her gaze that said otherwise. “Then by their standards, you are much too overdressed.”

She was about to answer Brynjar, giddy that someone would finally dance with her! But before the words came out, a pressure at her waist swept her away, pulled into someone else's arms as they whisked her off. The she-wolf laughed so hard, she thought she might combust. When she finally got a look at this daring thief, she found the wolf whom she’d traveled to Nal Hutta to find. Joy filled her, and slender arms flew about the other wolfs neck in gleeful surprise.

“Decky!” she squeaked, feeling the grass beneath her feet as she was set back down, much to her disappointment, wishing for nothing more than to continue spinning round and round. Her lips parted to express her protest, ready to wander off, when the male wolf turned a question on her. She nearly whimpered, but skipped to follow, coming to a stop with a near-leap in front of Firenne.

Aelin felt her breath catch in her throat, she hadn’t met many other females, and each time she did, she could not help the feeling of awe that came over her. The voice of the woman was kind, but seemed to carry an understated power beneath it, her eyes were as brilliant as a silver moon and her dark hair made Aelin think of the brown waves of a river as it flowed over pebbles and stones.

“You’re so beautiful!” she blurted without shame, grabbing the woman’s hands in her own. She hadn’t even picked up on the fact that they’d both gotten her name wrong, nor would she have cared if she realized it. “You must dance with me!” she shouted over the music, glancing over to Declan “You too, come!” she wasn’t going to wait for an answer this time, pulling whoever was within her vicinity towards the ring of dancing.

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
Brynjar waited for Aelin to reply to him, she seemed about to answer before some wild man grabbed her and stole her attention away. Brynjar was confused, was this how other clans greeted each other? It seemed invasive and very informal, though Aelin responded kindly to the stranger, calling him Decky. An unusual name for a Lupos in Brynjar's opinion, though he was standing as tall as he could and clicked his neck as he tried to maintain the tall, imposing figure that his family had honed him to have. He felt unsure what to do though, there were more people to interact with then he was comfortable with. The two brothers that Aelin had talked to seemed to want to try the wine that Aelin had, he personally was sure it would be a good idea to drink since he was sure that it was addling with her mind in ways that did not seem healthy in Brynjar's mind. He was too cautious when it came to drinking to allow himself to devolve to carefree behaviour.

He looked over to Aelin, who was with this Decky figure and another woman who she was complimenting and pulling onto the dancefloor, perhaps he was not Aelin's type in terms of mates. It could be that she was only interested in women, it would make sense that he could be wrong since he did not know Aelin. He shrugged, it was hard to figure out people and even harder when you were trying to date them, especially when your parents were expecting to jump twenty steps and reach the guaranteed end point before you knew anyone. Brynjar sighed, perhaps he should stop over thinking the entire situation and be present, in the moment. It seemed that they were all just meant to dance now, though Brynjar had no real clue what this dancing was meant to be. It appeared to be random movements that involved flinging limbs around. It was very bizarre, closest it appeared was bad fighting in his mind.

Moving over to Firenne, Declan and Aelin, he looked at the three of them and took a stiff fighting pose, kicking and punching in beat with the music. His expression was narrowed as he was focusing on keeping in time but also trying to understand how anyone say this randomness as fun. "Is this dancing some new fighting routine?" Brynjar asked loudly over the music as he continued to move.

Declan was very pleased that Ellen and Firenne were getting along. He was not sure why but tonight with the drink and the music and everything else, it seemed important. He watched with a grin as Fi was taken to go dance by an eager and awestruck Aelin.

"You too, come." She called to Dec as she practically pulled Firenne closer to the music. Declan followed behind them, it was the polite thing to do after all and he left the other two wolves to their wine.

Declan and the two women were joined by the third of the trio of lupo that he had found Aelin with earlier. Dec did not know the man's name or his clan if he indeed had one but he did respect the way he was dressed. He was wild and muscular and as naked as Declan was with naught on but a pair of trousers.

The man punched and kicked rather than danced any dance Declan had learned in his time at his father's court. Declan watched him for a moment amused and then with a shrug like 'aw what the hell?' He joined him in fighting the music, trying to make his own movements compliment the other wolf's.

The pace of the music quickened and so did his "dancing", sweat began to crawl down his chest as it heaved heavily with the strain of his movement. Full of joy Declan let loose a loud exuberant howl toward the night sky.

"Axes!" He called out "we need axes!"

He wanted to play the finger dance. A game where two players took turns throwing a hand axe at one another. The player who had the axe thrown at them must either catch it or jump over it without missing a step. A bloody dangerous game, there were many and old man in the northern parts of Islimore who had lost fingers as boys play king the game.

He once again thought of that long ago Summerlight Gathering. When Declan had finally caught back up with his brother, he half drunk and excited told Durin how he had won two rounds of the finger dance…well three if he were to count the time he spent with Malinda behind the baker's stall.

Durin had looked at him like he was crazy but still he laughed along with his young brother and promised not to tell their mother of any finger dancing or how much ale Declan had drunk that day.

Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Varick Lechner Varick Lechner

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
H O M E
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | @Varrik Lechner | Declan Durinson Declan Durinson | Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld | Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

Gerwald ignored his own advice. It seemed everyone was filling their bellies with the spiked wine, and enjoying the revelry that came from the hallucinogenic berry the wine was made from. At first the wolf felt no effect. Where others seemed to succumb right away, Gerwald had a slight immunity. A second glass was downed, a mistake which would prove eventful.

"You wish for me to be naked then," the wine spoke through him.

It did not take him long to rid himself of his clothes and toss them into fire before joining the dancing circle.

"Then I shall be rid of them for good."

Unlike his brother there were no tattoos, no ink to mark important milestones. For a warrior there was not even a single scar. It was not because the wolf was a coward, on the contrary, he was that deadly.

He would dance with fervor as the others went about their night. The only thought on his mind was how it had been so long since he felt this free.​

Kestrel Van-Derveld

K
PngItem_1655989_3.png

Kesdivimage.png
APPEARANCE: XoXo
TAG: Børre Drage Børre Drage

Finding her old Padawan, turned unintended mentor, was the plan of the evening, hoping to catch up and see where life had taken him after all these years - allowing for the summer half-moon and firelight to guide her way to the Drage Manor. Kestrel remembered the many conversations she’d had with him during the time they’d spent together, but his eyes only glowed whenever he spoke of being home. Ducking through evergreens and crossing over emerald hills along a faint, but well trodden path; seeing it all for the first time - she could understand what he loved about Bellassa so much.

The world she’d grown up on made it difficult to imagine what he described. Tatooine was a desert world of burning dunes, with vast stretches of dangerous canyons and endless nothingness. For the first fifteen years of her life, the only glimpses of green that Kestrel had ever seen came from the snippets of Tavids holovids whenever she could sneak them. Were it not for Judah Lesan Judah Lesan finding her, it was unlikely that she would have known anything beyond the cold desert nights and those daunting twin suns - nor would she have met Børre, or discovered who she truly was. What she truly was.

That last bit had taken time for her to come to terms with. The road of finding herself again after her wolf had been detangled from the medallion that suppressed her true nature, hadn’t been easy. The experience had left her with the company of a host of new sensations and realities - awakening to the realization that she’d been yet living a life in shackles. When she’d asked for time and solace to rediscover herself, Børre had been more than understanding and the two parted ways. She could only hope that after seven years, that link of friendship remained intact.

Turning her nose to the wind and inhaling, she searched for his scent, keeping her nose attuned to every breeze that whiffed by her. A smile swept over her lips, being able to pick up on his particular brand even among a sea of sweating bodies that danced and swayed with joyful abandon. Wolves, all of them. It seemed she’d come during a sort of celebration, but not one that she was familiar with.

Wandering around, following her nose, it didn't take long until she caught sight of Børre. Lingering (predictably) farther back from the edge of the crowds, away from the main event where all of the sounds of movement and life took place, yet close enough that the lights and shadows from the fires danced over him.

“You look well,” she said, her voice just loud enough for him to pick up on as she approached. “Had I known there was a party before I came, I would have put more effort into my appearance.” Maybe. Kestrel had never been one for dressing up, preferring the comforts of casual wear or her Jedi robes, and rarely fashioning her hair in anything more than a whippy ponytail. At least she didn’t smell of engine oil, so there was that. “Although, from the looks of it… perhaps I’m over dressed.” referring to the naked man she’d glimpsed dancing dangerously around an open flame. Hands found their way into her pockets, rocking slightly in place on the balls of her feet. “It’s good to see you.”

wolffacediv_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivarr-Top3.png

Summerlight

Noise.

It did not take the hearing of a god to witness the sounds of celebration. When the Young Wolf was yet miles away from the festivities, he could hear the laughter and music. The squeals of children laughing and his people cheering had claimed the plateau, bringing a smile to Ivarr's face. Such affairs were a far cry from his daily rituals. And, were it not for the utter rarity, he might have entertained not attending. People, especially large numbers of them, were never his strong suit. He had spent decades becoming well suited to the quiet life of the Zorathi.

But today, he would step out of his comfort zone.

For his own health, Ivarr arrived astride the back of a horse. Hooded and silent, the Young Wolf took the time to hitch his beast a comfortable distance away from the festivities before drawing near to the bonfire. After all, the last thing he wanted was for his ride home to get spooked by the noise. When he finally reached the column of roaring flames, he was greeted with the sight of dancing, of men swapping stories, and of wine flowing freely. In fact, before he could even protest, a blonde-haired fellow pressed a cup into his hands, beaming.

Drink up! he said, before being whisked away by what Ivarr assumed was his partner.

The Young Wolf didn't stop to consider what was in the beverage. Caution thrown to the wind, as he was within the safety of his own people. Ah, famous last words. A swig turned into a hearty swallow. And soon, the sweet liquid was running down the sides of his lips as he hungrily drank. This was easily the best wine he had ever tasted.

"I need more..." he mused.

So began the hunt for a fresh drink.

Open to Interaction.

6uwU4O1.png

iqDmsEz.png
TAGS: Kestrel Van-Derveld | Open

This wasn’t his first Summerlight, but it was the first one where it wasn’t just his Clan, or those in their employ, or under their care that were in attendance. Drage’s connections had grown, but some of these connections were so new that he couldn’t be faulted for being watchful because of their unfamiliarity with each other, and in some cases, unfamiliarity with all that came with Clan life.

Or in others… his mouth remained a line as he watched the evening wear on, its tenants enjoying themselves, dancing, drinking, and eating their fill, and Bjørn having given up on trying to convince him to join in. Time would have to play out, but he knew better than to touch the wine, knowing full well that two of his brothers could hardly ever help themselves.

It was a safe assumption.

”You look well,” came the voice, breaking through his concentration and muted mood. They could have been speaking to anyone else, but as the voice registered, and the scent seeped in, he tore his gaze and half of his attention from the crowds to settle on her face when she got close. She was a stranger here, to all but him. Remaining silent as she spoke, and unable to help the smile that grew on his face, even after seven years, as if a bubble came into being around them, and he wasn’t here but… somewhere else, surrounded by the sheen of memory, ”It’s good to see you.”

He tore his eyes from her at a sharp uptick of howls, one of many that had punctuated the evening so far.

“It’s not unusual to see more than a few wolves like that as the gathering proceeds,” he answered to her unasked question, pulling his gaze back to the pink she-wolf, “it’s entirely normal before a run.”

Børre uncrossed his arms, setting his hands on his hips.

“It’s good to see you, as well,” he finally gave, ignoring the eyes of the second-eldest Drage brother that he could feel on him, anew, “how is your wolf? How are you?”

He could only hope she fared better in this than the state he had found Aelin in, months prior, but he had done all he could to educate Kestrel at the time. That she was here said much, but the time it had taken… he needed to ask.

6uwU4O1.png

Kestrel Van-Derveld

K
PngItem_1655989_3.png

Kesdivimage.png
XoXo
TAG: Børre Drage Børre Drage

"It's not unusual to see more than a few wolves like that as the gathering proceeds," he answered to her unasked question, pulling his gaze back to the pink she-wolf, "it's entirely normal before a run."

Kestrel nodded towards the middle of the crowd, "And that?" she asked, quirking a brow at yet another naked wolf who was now standing on top of a table, balancing precariously on his hands with the tips of his toes pointed towards the sky, spinning slowly with the music while several with instruments gathered around.

The song ended with a crash and a puff of smoke.

She looked at her companion, her magenta eyes wide and a musical laugh passing between her lips. "Forgive me, I guess I was expecting a much quieter type of gathering." she said, looking around at the throng of revelers and laughing again. "You know, with less naked people, although it is certainly interesting. Not something you see everyday among the Jedi." Kestrel said, with an amused smile.

Børre uncrossed his arms, setting his hands on his hips.

"It's good to see you, as well," he finally gave, "how is your wolf? How are you?"

Kestrel looked down, running a hand through her curls before looking back up at him.

"I am fine, thank you, although It was a long journey to find myself again." Kestrel explained, "There was a lot that Magena didn't tell me, and along the way of trying to discover the truth of it all, I was reunited with my twin sister Kenara Dray Kenara Dray . I was surprised to learn that she'd been looking for me, too..."

Her words trailed, a small break in her voice before continuing. "Kenara has been very kind, letting me stay with her for a while. Since we were separated when we were children, we've been trying to... make up for lost time."

She looked away from him, out over the crowd. "Then among those things are... troubles with the Jedi and the Galaxy at large. I'm sure you've heard what's been going on." With the attack on Coruscant little over a year ago, and new rumors of an impending attack on Tython, the Jedi were thrown into a panic, the news having flooded the holonet just days before her arrival. "So, you know, things have been busy, which is why I haven't been able to come around before now... I'm sorry it took me so long... but, now that I'm here, would you mind showing me around? I'd love to see what life is like on this world."

wolffacediv_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom