Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Sugar Sweet: CIS Dominion of Ukatis

giphy_7.gif

Finally, Ukatis inhabitants had been given what they so dearly craved: stability.

And, well… chocolate.

After long negotiations between the planetary government and CIS officials, the planet has officially become a member of the great system. Hardships brought by food uncertainty, unreliable trade routes, and a weak and unsupported military will be nowhere to be found under the guidance and protection of the new system, and the joy of the people is tangible. Festivals and gatherings took place across the planet, none so grand as that of the capital: the Ukatis Carnival.

Held annually, the Carnival had unfortunately been cancelled for the past five years due to a lack of funding. It thus falls to you to eat enough funnel cake, play enough games, and ride enough coasters to make up for the past five years, and fill the future with joy and revelry.

OBJECTIVES:

giphy_8.gif

Hidden in the heart of the capital lies one of the galaxy’s most renowned truffle factories. They have come out in force today: feast yourself on any of the grand selection of familiar and exotic chocolates. Other treats abound at this fair -- don’t hesitate to sample the spun candy, funnel cakes, caff chocolates, and of course, the finest Ukatis Vodka. After all, it’s a celebration!

giphy_9.gif

The Ukatis Reserves have choreographed and put together an intricate airshow to the delight of the civilians. However, a raging flu has swept through their ranks and leave several empty pilot seats. The show starts in two hours, and a call has been put out to all Confederacy and Ukatis pilots… the show must go on, will you be the one to save it? Captain Sonya Grace Sonya Grace , longtime member and leader in the Ukatis military, will be in charge of working with any volunteers.

giphy_10.gif

Carnival games abound, and only some of them are rigged. Sink a few baskets or shoot a few targets and that lovely, cuddly Ewok could be all yours! If gambling is more your style, the shouting and cheering emanating from the pod races shows that there’s more than one way to spend your money here: Ukatis's highest-ranked racers battle it out at the most important race of the year.

giphy_8.gif
Objective (1) Buy Sweets for Home
Peps: TBA

Another world and more strength added to the CIS and once again performed in a peaceful manner, one of the major strength of a Confederacy of self ruled planets. Unlike Empires or republics most worlds were free to carry out life as per usual without much change. The only difference being they were to pull some of their weight and contribute to the faction in what way they could, in turn being offered a boost to their enemy and military. Though for certain worlds like Ukatis, well there were other benefits and Kurenai was keen to capitalize on the Sweets market for her family before supply started becoming a problem.

Wanding through the factory she let her nose guide the way, the air filled to the brim with many pleasant odors that could make any beings mouth water with anticipation. This place had basically anything a child's mind could imagine when it came to candy, which was quite beneficial for whom she was buying these sweets for, still no reason not to self indulge. The vodka brewed here was just as much a prize as the rest of the confectionery on sale, "the hunt begins".

giphy_8.gif

Time: Chocolate
Objective: Chocolate
Tag: Chocolate

"Xobos Xobos Xobos Xobos..." Cali took firm control of her Miralukan's hand before leading the way through the crowd. "We have to hurry. You don't know if they'll sell out of all the chocolate!" Despite the event practically just getting under way and the vendors surely planning for a very prolonged sales engagement, and not on making Star Destroyer-sized orders -- that's why you fulfilled special orders after the event.

"You can't just come out and say things like that, Xobos. Honestly. You know how we met right? I mean, you were there. Chocolate Factory? Like, chocolate everywhere. We even stretched out on the lawn by the Chocolate Falls. You got a huge box of chocolate for your Sith Lord guy and... and you didn't get any? Like ever? I warned you I'd slap a Sith Lord if they tried taking my chocolate and I'm seriously considering whether or not denying someone chocolate counts, and if my personal cutey falls under the 'my' part. I'm leaning toward yes, of course, because you're totally my cutey. I cannot believe you let him eat all of the chocolate himself. And don't tell me he gave it to his wife, or kid, or 'the troops.' Like, you're his Apprentice. You get the spoils before the troops. This is how things work." Cali totally didn't know if that's how things worked, but one did not argue the finer points when the Zeltron was ranting.

Speaking of things one did not do, the crowd did not get in Cali's way. She found every gap to slip through like a fish swam through water. The Force was probably guiding her every step... in the pursuit of chocolate. This was life altering stuff here. Force usage totally acceptable.

"There it is," the Zeltron let out an elated cry as the Truffle Factory came in view. "Let's go!"

Tag:
Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

kmXvjB9.gif

Time: Nothing matters other than chocolate.
Objective: Probably chocolate.
Tags: Chocolate covered Cali Ziiva Cali Ziiva

YzoPgLr.png

She should have never mentioned the fact that she hadn’t ever had any sort of chocolate.

It was a bad decision to even bring it up most of the time, unless Xobos fancied being pulled into the nearest candy or chocolate store. It was her partner’s weakness, after all. When offered it, the padawan always politely declined. It wasn’t the answer that Cali typically liked, but it was accepted more often than not. However, when Xobos had let it slip that she hadn’t ever actually eaten any chocolate, one would have thought that Coruscant had gotten nuked by the reaction from the Zeltron. Before she knew what was happening, the pair had landed on this smaller planet near the edge of the Confederacy’s influence and were not pushing through a large crowd toward a truffle factory.

Getting a word in wasn’t likely going to happen anytime soon, either. Xobos had tried to speak multiple times during Cali’s rant, reminding her how slapping Sith Lords was not a good idea..really at all. It was how many people seemed to lose hands. Ticking them off was generally accepted to be a bad idea, and it was only smart to think that slapping one would lead to the same thing. She knew that Cali would probably not actually try to slap anyone around, but Xobos would be actively watching her to make sure any bad decisions were not made. Or at least, they were stopped before they could be made.

“Lets..lets slow down a bit, Cali. The chocolate will still be there by the time we get to the front of the crowd!” It wasn’t as though she wanted to not get any chocolate, unlike her voice might have sounded like, but pushing through the crowd like this was not exactly enjoyable for the Miraluka that was being pulled behind the Zeltron. By the time they got to the front of the line, and into the building, Xobos was practically panting and leaning against Cali as they waited in the lobby to be lead to this chocolate wonderland.

YzoPgLr.png

giphy_10.gif

Tag(s): Open
Jorik couldn't say this is where he expected to find himself. Then again, it was rare that the CEO of Valnora Enterprise was able to pull himself away from his work, yet here he was. On a world very far from his home on Druckenwell. Perhaps this was to be for the best. A change of scenery and a surrounding of people that did nice have the insignia of the company stitched upon the breast of their clothing. But there were always ulterior motives in his prospects beyond Druckenwell. Always another objective outside of the curiousness of what a new world may offer. Future expansion, maybe? Only time would tell, but for now, his path had found him to a private box at the forefront of the track. It overlooked the start of the tracks where a number of racers filled with aspirations of taking home the victory readied their respective pods for the race set to begin shortly.

There were few, it seemed, on this planet that could afford the amenities of a private box at the track, and even fewer that found their way to the track today. It left his box vacant outside of himself and the Twi'lek which stood by to tend to whatever needs the box goer may require.

Jorik motioned with a hand for the woman to tend to him, yet did not turn his head in her direction.

"Yes? What can I do for you sir?" Her words were soft and kind, something which was expected for someone in her occupational field.

"Ukatis Vodka with shuura," he said, requesting a specific drink. "And be sure not to overpower the vodka with it."

Jorik was never known for his politeness. Most executives in positions such as his weren't known for their niceness. It held to the image of strength and power that they were apparently supposed to bear at times. And hide away whatever weakness might be present. To lose such an image would bring an executive's character into question.

At least that's how Jorik had been raised prior to his father's death. And taking on the entirety of a corporation and the tender age he'd done, had only managed to harden that mentality in himself. And harden his heart with it. One could say Jorik was not much of a people person.

Sybilla

S

Syb was grumbling.

She had been since they’d first stepped foot in that blasted ship. In all honesty, she hated it more than she had hated working in the mines. She hated it when she and Lanx had to be in it. Never mind when Lanx volunteered them to spend a rare free evening in it, but since their reunion, Syb couldn’t bare to be without that stupid Cathar. The sensation, especially for Sybilla, was a strange one. To feel reliant on someone wasn’t what she was used to, not in the slightest. For as long as she had the memory to recall, Syb had been on her own. She was independent, but now…

“Are we really doing this?” Her sweet tone should have sounded light and airy, but instead, it was flat and filled with the mildest form of irritation she could manage. “I would much rather sit by the rides…” The great lumbering machines, which were too rusty by far for their purpose, had interested the young chiss since they’d stepped foot on Ukatis. The only tech she’d been witness too thus far had been respiration masks, gas tanks and mining equipment. It hadn’t even crossed her mind that people might have used them for amusement as well, she had been extremely upset when Lanx had dragged her away to do some dumb air show.

“Just because you are a pilot, that doesn’t mean you gotta be a pilot all the time.” Sybilla folded her arms across her chest as she stomped across the courtyard to where the other pilots were gathering. She doubted many of them would have an engineer tagging along as well, but where Lanx went Syb went.

Unfortunately for her.

giphy_8.gif

Time: Chocolate
Objective: Chocolate
Tag: Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Open

Cali's bright, wide-eyes turned about and stared at the exhausted Miraluka. "What's wrong? We're here, Xobos! Can't get sleepy now. But if you do, the chocolate'll help." Was the Zeltron oblivious, or just extremely hyped? That was up to anyone watching to decide. Whatever the case, their pace had slowed now that they'd arrived.

With one arm wrapped about Xobos' waist, Cali casually guided her lovable companion through the displays. "I'll go easy on you today. I totally want you to try everything, but I know some people can get upset stomachs if they're new to this -- and then you won't try it again. That'd defeat the whole point!" That didn't mean Cali might not try everything though.

"If you see something that sounds interesting, let me know, 'kay?" Like... Blueberry Chocolate, or Sith Scream Chocolate, or Chocolate Rapture... of course you could go with the trusty standby of 80% Zeltros Chocolate. Badge of pride that one, but not exactly creative, right? Like, maybe try something different?

Amaris Tanenat

A
giphy_10.gif

Apparel
Tags: Open

Crowded was one way to describe the crowds around the race. It made sense, too, although Amaris hadn't quite planned on being slam packed. So, naturally, she found her way to the more better, higher, viewing areas. Some were situated outside and others inside. Not a bad place to be. All it took was a few hours of creativity and a touch of hacking and viola. Here she was, fitting right in.

... Kind of. There was a lot of rich people up here. Much, much more richer than her. The Felacatian tended to get herself into awkward and troubling situations - the last time she was in Confederates spaces was a prime example. Busted as being a fake server, for one. Hopefully she wouldn't make a fool of herself this time around.

But surely this time would be different. People were busy betting, gambling, and excitedly watching the race that was about to begin.

Amaris had never actually watched a race before. She had assumed it'd be fun or at least interesting, but had a backup plan in case it turned into a boredomfest - the very chocolately capital. Of course, she had already been there and dabbled in plenty of delicious goodness but she'd be back. Mmm, those funnel cakes were to die for. And the chocolate fountain... She shivered at how amazing it all was.

"Ma'am? Ma'am, what would you like?"

Oh, right. She was already getting something else, wasn't she? Thank goodness she came by herself. "Uhhhh, one of those local drinks... U-"

"Ukatis Vodka? Coming up."

A quick nod of appreciation as she slipped onto a stool in front of the bar. Her tail swayed gently as she waited for the drink, her blue eyes watching the race from the window.

More often than not, one would say being able to feel someone discomfort wasn’t normally able to be done. People that said that had probably never been around an almost eternally frustrated and annoyed chiss. As much as Lanx enjoyed being around the blue skinned alien every chance he got, it wasn’t as though he was blind to her unhappiness at the situation. One would have to be wonderfully dense to not see that. Yet it was worth it in the long run. When they had asked for volunteer pilots to help put on the show, Lanx had practically jumped headfist at the opportunity. He barely had to even pull Syb along, though after the rescue of her a few weeks ago, she had seemingly rarely left his side.

“Yes..we’re really gunna do this..” He looked over his shoulder at the pouting Chiss, giving her a little toothy grin in response. Ever sense he had gotten out of that mine, and by extension, helped rescue Syb from her servitude as well, there had been an insistent need to fly ever chance he got. It was almost like the Cathar was a freed bird, wanting to spread his wings the moment had been let out of his cage. That didn’t mean, however, he didn’t feel somewhat bad for pulling Syb along. She did seem legitimately interested in the rickety old carnival rides, as the people had called them. “I promise it’ll be a short, little show. After this, we can go ride some of those death traps.”

His smile never ceased to stretch across his face, though he did slow down so that the pair were walking side by side. “I might even go win you a stuffed animal at one of those games.” Yellow, feline eyes focused down at Syb for a moment, winking in the next. “I think I saw a Tooka cat oneee…” A little tease was followed by a nudge against the Chiss’s shoulder. As they approached the airfield, and Lanx saw the rustbucket wedge shaped interceptor among the other flightcraft, he gave an internal shiver. Hopefully that thing would fly well enough, and wouldn’t break apart on him midflight. Pulling his eyes and thoughts away from a firey death, he turned his attention to looking around the airfield, trying to find this Captain Grace that had called for volunteers. If he was going to join up with their little show, he’d like to know at least a little about what was going to happen when they were flying firstly.

Val Drutin

V
giphy_10.gif

Wearing: Imagine some goofy theater costume with tights, I'm too lazy to link to pictures
Tags: Amaris Tanenat | Open​

"Uhn... uhno... I can't watch..."

The stranger sitting beside him couldn't help noticing Val's whimpering, muffled by his hands covering his eyes. "You do realize the race hasn't even started yet, right?" she asked, her tone slightly snippy. "And we're far away from all the action in here. It's not like we'll get blasted by debris and body parts if somebody crashes."

Val risked a peek through his fingers, then smiled awkwardly at the girl. "I'm not afraid of that!" he said, rather too loudly. Flushing, he managed to lower his voice, only to start sputtering like a faulty engine. "I-I just c-can't stomach the thought of... of..." He broke off with a nervous gulp.

The girl looked at him with a furrowed brow, then promptly picked up her drink and abandoned her spot in order to move somewhere far away from him. It was just as well - Val was beginning to feel sick. Like most of the carnival-goers, he'd gorged himself on the many sweets that Ukatis was famous for. But Val, with his athlete's body, was not used to consuming such large quantities of junk food in one sitting. He'd been ordering glasses of water at the bar, trying to flush it out of his system, but the nausea came and went in waves, interspersed by bursts of sugar-rush hyperactivity where he felt like he was about to dive off a cliff.

As the latest bout of queasiness faded, Val raised his head from his water glass and looked across the bar. Hey, wait a minute... could it be?

A few seats over, a female Felacatian was sniffing her drink before tasting it. He recognized the pattern of her fur first, then caught a glimpse of half her face and a quirked ear, which confirmed his suspicions. She's traded the outdated server's uniform for a fancy sparkly blue dress, but it was definitely, inexplicably her.

"Cat girl!" Val exclaimed, bolting across the bar. He stopped just short of hugging her, mostly because of what happened the last time he touched her. Ouch. "Fancy seeing you here! You look nice, kitten. How have you been?" Since both seats on either side of her were taken, he promptly climbed on top of the counter and sat on the edge, looking down at her. His eyes were automatically drawn to following her tail as it swished back and forth.

giphy_8.gif

Objective: Get Daisy her Chocolate
Wearing: xxx
Tag: Daisy Americus Daisy Americus | Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe

kj92cr8.png

Whoever said diamonds were a girls best friend had never encountered the power of chocolate. From the moment it was known Ukatis had some of the best chocolate in the galaxy, and that the Confederacy was going to be attending a festival which would include said chocolate, Daisy wanted to go. Kaden was not going to disagree. He knew what was good for him first of all, and second of all who didn't like chocolate. There were those weird people who did not, certainly, but Kaden didn't count them.
The weather was perfect, not too hot or too cool, which was a relief. Haseria had seen a bitterly cold winter, harsher than anything the locals had been able to recall. It was nice be somewhere that made short sleeves wearable, even if it was just for one trip.
Kaden held Daisy's hand as they walked through the various booths which had their sweet confections set out for any and all to taste. A hint of alcohol could be smelled dancing about with the intoxicating aroma of various types of chocolate truffles. Truly this was someone's version of heaven. Chocolate and Vodka would be lining the stomachs of many patrons. For Kaden's part, he was simply happy to take Daisy somewhere that did not see them killing, or being surrounded by a massive hive of giant space bugs. Some days it still felt like he could not get enough showers to rid himself of that mission.
This mission was very simple. Sample as many truffles as they could stomach wash it down with vodka.
As they walked through the archway which served as an entrance to the booths, the pair was handed a card which contained the various types of truffles which could be sampled. Kaden looked it over and handed it to the blonde whose head came just above his shoulder as they were only about four inches apart in height.
"Alright, cyar'ika, which are we sampling first," he said as he handed Daisy the card.
Kaden asked for another as the pair had picked up an acquaintance along the way in the form of a pink haired Jedi. They had met once before, helping refugees evacuate a massive attack. Her drive to see the innocents saved while still seeing those trying to kill them come to justice was admirable. While they had not taken the time to become fast friends, today was a chance for that to change, especially since one of Daisy's closest friends had all but vanished from CIS space altogether.
"And here you go... one for you too. Will you be getting vodka with us later too?"
Of course she was. With Kaden and Daisy the pink haired Jedi would not have a choice.

giphy_8.gif
Objective: Gettin' My Dang Candy
Wearing: Yippiie-Ki-Yay
Tag: Kaden Farr Kaden Farr | Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe

rosedic2.png
She was happy.
For a girl that prided herself on trying to look on the bright side, lately, she’d been a little bit down in the dumps. Haseria was too cold. The Guild had been a little slow in offering any real decent bounty pucks and Daisy felt a little bit off-kilter. She still helped out around the Americus Farm and slung drinks at the Sierra but in recent months she’d often felt like something was off. Wrong?
Daisy couldn’t put words to it. Today was different. She was happy.
Her fingers curled hesitantly around Kaden’s. It was an innocent gesture without any untoward meaning behind it whatsoever but it still made her blush when she glanced down. It was ironic that slugthrower wielding, beskar wearing, full-blown Mandalorian could handle any fight that came at her, but holding hands with a boy in public? Made her nervous as all get out.
Her head turned slowly while she took in the sights and sounds of this new Confederate world. It always struck her as odd that everyone seemed, for the most part, all right with having some pretty Sithy Forcie overlords. She couldn’t complain herself. Her family had a home. They were safe. There was work, food, and no one was knocking down their door to put a parasite in her back. It felt like freedom. For the first time since leaving Concord Dawn…Haseria made life feel like it was worth living.
Kaden Farr, corporeal or not, made it worth it.
Golden hair glimmered in the light, curls bouncing, while she accepted the card she was given with her free hand. The other was busy. Brilliant aquamarine eyes flickered over words that didn’t mean much to her. Sure, she knew what chocolate was, but she’d never had much of it. It smelled a mite good but so did plenty of baked sweets. “Ah really haven’ the faintest idea. There’s so many things to choose from and ah don’ really think ah’m reading this right...”
Dark Rum? She knew what rum was, at least. Some of the other options were confounding.
Large eyes, touched with a hint of innocence, turned to Kaden’s friend instead. Maybe she had a good idea. “What kind do you like, sugah? Maybe we can start with that?”, Daisy intoned with a smile. Her expression was friendly, open, and full of joy. Like a younglin’ let loose in a sweet shop. Literally.
She didn’t know much about Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe but she did admire the cheerful color of her hair. How did she do it? Bottle? Or did it just grow that way? Mercy sakes. Daisy had many questions for her, but, they weren’t on the type of friend-terms that really facilitated unadulterated rounds of twenty-questions. Not yet at least. But, Kaden seemed certain they’d hit it off. She trusted him.
If she didn’t she wouldn’t have still been holding his hand.

giphy_9.gif

Tags: Sybilla || Lanx Velishin Lanx Velishin
Stress seemed to permeate the shipyard as Sonya paced back and forth. Lieutenant Ta'aria had given her an updated list of those who would not be flying today, and it was a disaster. Out of the fifteen elite pilots and crew she'd worked with for the whole year, only eight were standing here at attention. She had been able to find substitutes in brothers and sisters, sons and daughters of her pilots, but was still left with two empty slots in her formation. The Confederate pilots would be her last home.

"Captain Grace!" Ta'aria's sharp voice snapped her out of her internal pity party. Sonya's head snapped over to Ta'aria, who gave a nod in the direction of two unfamiliar people -- a Chiss and a Cathar? Shrugging to herself, Sonya strode over to the two newcomers.

"I'm Captain Grace", she said, greeting the female pilot first (she was clearly the senior of the two of them). "Were you two looking for me?"

giphy_8.gif

Objective: Date Night
Wearing: Something... cute
Wielding: Definitely nothing. Really.

Tia was nervous. Really, really nervous. She'd never met Renarin in real life, and she wasn't sure she was ready to. They had certainly talked a lot, and she felt like she knew him... she just really didn't want to be let down. Again.

Stop thinking that way. Tia pulled down the hem of her dress -- it was definitely a little too short for her to be comfortable -- and hoped to goodness that the humidity on this damned planet wouldn't make her hair frizz like nothing else. The Carnival had certainly seemed a good idea at the time (Renarin said he used to visit the planet quite often, and what better first date than that which involved powdered sugar?) but Tia was psyching herself out. She was early, and Renarin wasn't due for another two hours. She had to just do something! Her eyes caught on what looked like a spray painted metal death trap -- a gravity defying pink whirling wheel.

Perfect.

There didn't seem to be too much of a line up (for good reason, based on the questionable safety of the ride) and Tia was soon at the front. She sucked in a breath as the attendant checked her height, and buckled in for the ride.

giphy_8.gif

Post I
Objective: Sugar Sweet
Tags: Tia Aurelius Tia Aurelius
Wearing:
Casual
Renarin was excited. He'd been pining after Tia for months now, and finally got the chance to meet her in real life. There was no doubt in his mind that she'd be exactly as he pictured. She seemed so simple and honest whenever they talked that there was no other option.

He'd stressed a lot about what to wear before landing on essentially the same thing he wore every day: his flight jacket and his favourite pair of denim. It was comfortable, and it didn't portray him as... something he wasn't. He was just a normal pilot, your average ex-soldier -- nothing special, really. He felt his bag for the flowers he had bought for Tia earlier that morning and...

Oh no.

They were gone.

The nervousness that Renarin had kept in the corner of his mind began to gnaw on his consciousness. He had to make the right impression on this girl -- he just had to. He couldn't mess this one up. His eyes searched desperately for a solution, and got caught on a massive stuffed bear hanging inside a brightly coloured tent. Striding up to the booth, he demanded: "How much for the pink bear, sir?" All he got in return was a laugh. "It's not for sale. You gotta win it."

----

Twenty minutes and many credits later, Renarin was ready to burn the whole damn booth to the ground. "The game is rigged," he growled, glaring at the owner. And it was.

So it wouldn't be that unethical to just even it out a bit.

Taking aim with his last ball, he tossed it into the tilted basket -- and just before it bounced out, he gave it a little nudge with the force. Just enough so that it would stay put. "The bear, please," he said to the shocked man.

----

Shoving the bear into his sack -- it almost fit, with only a bit of a leg hanging out -- Renarin set off in search of his soon-to-be girlfriend (if all went well). And besides, he was only a little bit late.

giphy_8.gif

Objective: Date Night
Wearing: Something Cute
Wielding: Definitely nothing. Really.
Renarin Amidala Renarin Amidala

Ohhhh, that was a bad idea. Bad call. Mistake. Tia's heart was still in her mouth as she stepped off the whirlwind and promptly and unceremoniously threw up. Coughing, she turned back for one last fearful glance at the colourful death trap before beginning her desperate search for somewhere to fix her makeup. She had barely taken ten steps when the ground, already spinning a little, spun right out from underneath her feet. She collapsed to the ground and groaned as her head struck the pavement. As the world around her began to take focus again, her eyes slowly formed the image of a concerned young man looking down at her. She closed her eyes again for another moment, before his voice made her heart stop.

"Miss, are you alright?"

Tia's eyes snapped open. Please no, god please no. But she would recognize that voice anywhere. She coughed, before saying hoarsely: "Renarin?"

What a way to meet her virtual boyfriend... so much for first impressions. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she said, grabbing his outstretched hand and struggling to her feet. She nearly fell over again, but was stabilized by a warm hand that shot out to her waist. She looked into his eyes and found her mouth suddenly dry.

"So, uh... hi?"

giphy_8.gif

Wearing: This
Tagging: Kaden Farr Kaden Farr | Daisy Americus Daisy Americus

cisrose1.png

There was a life, an energy to any gathering of people, as if all their energies somhow melded together, buoying one another up higher and higher. You didn’t need to force to notice that, all you had to do was look at the smiling faces, the sounds of laughter and merriment, the sight of a five-year-old tugging at her father’s hand, dragging him towards one of the tents, towards the brightly coloured sweets on display. If you looked at it through the force though, oh that was different, so so different. All the pink-haired Jedi had to do was reach out with the force to feel the energy around them to sense how it pulsed and glowed.

It was almost like that feeling you’d get when you walked into a nexus, that feeling of positivity that surrounded you, lifted up your sense and left you almost floating on light and happiness. It was the kind of sensation it was all too easy to get lost in, a salve for the aches of your soul.

If she was honest Asaraa had been wandering through the carnival lost in her senses, just enjoying the feeling. It was light the warm sun on her skin, that same feeling. She could have spent all day just wandering, just soaking in the feeling of contentment that surrounded her, a break from the rest of the galaxy, from the problems and issues that pressed on her mind. Today, right now, none of that seemed to matter and she was loving every moment of it.

Running into Kaden had been a pleasant surprise, the two of them had met just after Azure, she’d barely been able to walk, let alone touch the force then and the refugee convoy they were protecting had come under attack. It was a chance meeting, she hadn’t even known what she was doing that day, just that people needed help. In the end, she’d needed help more than anyone as the man had helped her to safety. It was a lesson well learned, touching the force when you’re burned out…bad idea, but one she’d do again if she had to. A wry smile touched her lips as she gave herself a mental shake, some of those lessons really sunk in deep huh?

Crystal blue eyes snapped up to glance at her companions, the wry smile morphing into a grin as she accepted the card, peering at it intently. IT was nice to run into the man again in an informal setting, and one where there was nobody actively trying to kill them too. That was…actually far to common for her liking. Maybe one day she’d end up on a mission where someone wasn’t shooting at her.

The Jedi’s gaze flicked up to the blonde, Kaden’s girlfriend? Just watching the two of them holding hands like that was, well sweet, it was way too cute actually. She didn’t have to use to force to sense the emotions rolling off the two of them, they were writ right there on their faces, in the way the two of them looked at one another. Hiding the smile that threatened to overwhelm her face every time was a losing battle, so the pink-haired one had just given up the fight.

Her companions proved only a momentary distraction for Asaraa however as she glanced back down at the card, one slim finger stabbing down to mark one of the options in question, “How about we start here, coconut and brazilnut.” She didn’t know exactly what those were but, it wasn’t something that she’d ever heard of before, let alone tried, “I mean, the point of being here is to try something new…and if it was bad they wouldn’t actually serve it to us…would they?” Surely not.

Taking a deep breath the Jedi nodded, taking a half-step forward before she pirouetted around on one foot, stabbing a playful finger at Kaden, a wide grin on her face, “I would love to join you for Vodka…as long as you promise we’re only going for the good stuff. Now…who wants to get stuffed on chocolate? Cause I know I really do.” It wasn’t all that long ago that she’d been sneaking into the larder of the Jedi temples to…liberate some of the chocolate and treats hidden there…well ok, last week. You were never too old for chocolate, and now, well she didn’t have to sneak or hide at all, they were offering the treats upto her and Asaraa intended to make the most of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relationship Status: It's Complicated
giphy_8.gif

WEARING: xxx | TAG: Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi
Chocolate and Vodka. Gerwald knew if Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath were still alive this is where they would have been headed. The lupine had come to certain new insights which saw him remember Naedira differently. She was still alive in some capacity, so now the lupine was determined to live what life he could for her until such a time came she could be brought back, and she would be. Today was a celebration that no one would want to miss. Even the fabled festival of old had reached the rumor mill of the Stewjonian nobility. Gerwald had heard of it during his days guarding some of the noble lords himself.

As Gerwald walked through the factory, his sense of smell keen to the presence of chocolate and vodka, the new master caught sight of a familiar face. Kurenai was one of the ones who had tried to encourage Gerwald to let go of the obsession he had with revenge. Had he listened to her, and the others, perhaps Prazutis would not have been able to manipulate him so much. Gerwald was certain other comments could be made as well, thoughts he did not want to entertain. There was no room for certain realities in his own mind.

Cautiously the lupine approached her. He wondered if she would remember that day in front of the cursed Jedi temple, and the confrontation with Master Centaris.

He cleared his throat.

"Master Yumi, fancy running into you here. I hear the chocolate is worth killing for."

A wolf like smirk tugged at the corner of Gerwald's lips. He was clearly teasing, but he was still a wolf.

kPx9w5C.png

giphy_8.gif

Objective: Try Something New
Wearing: xxx
Tag: Daisy Americus Daisy Americus | Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe

kj92cr8.png

Kaden could not help but feel the emotion which radiated off of the blonde next to him. Her happiness was overwhelming, as was the anxious feeling of having her hand in his. This was not exactly how two mandalorians who were seeing each other often behaved in public, but there was something about holding Daisy's hand like this which made Kaden want to. Maybe it was a way of letting everyone who saw them know she was with him, and he was with her, that they belonged to each other. Kaden did not really know, all he knew was that he enjoyed it, almost as much as he enjoyed the moments when he stole her kisses.
Daisy made life different for Kaden. He knew it, he felt it. Her influence seemed greater than the darker one of his mother's now, a fact Selene was likely to bemoan should they ever meet. Kaden was her first born in many ways, and he needed to be careful not to arouse her jealousy.
"I am glad someone has an idea of where to begin because I have never had chocolate before," Kaden admitted giving Daisy's hand a squeeze.
There was a reason for it, one the squeeze to Daisy's hand would make her well aware of what he meant without having to tell the pink haired Jedi he had been dead. Maybe she already sensed the Netherworld on him, maybe she did not. If Kaden did not need to bring up the subject he would not. Why ruin the day with the story of how he died, haunted Daisy, and came back. He simply smiled.
"There is something about coconut and brazil nut which sounds gross though. Then again how do we know unless we try."
A laugh escaped Kaden's lips. He was happy, truly happy, and it was because of Daisy Americus. She had become his reason to let go of revenge, even if the desire to see certain Mandalorians come to ruin still lay just under the surface.
The blushing Kaden did not understand. While he now smiled, something he never did when he first met Daisy, Kaden was still stoic in many ways. The horrors he had witnessed, and the terrifying things he had done in the Netherworld, had made him less expressive than most. Kaden used action more than words to express what lay encased in his beskar lined heart, the heart only Daisy had managed to crack.
It seemed Daisy was making and effort with Asaara as well. That was good. It may have been a chance meeting, but Kaden was happy it happened. The only thing now was to enjoy their time, and see how much vodka the pink haired Jedi could handle.
"Right, so coconut and brazil nut here we go," Kaden handed a truffle to each one, letting go of Daisy's hand for the first time since they arrived. "Here goes nothing."
Kaden popped the truffle in his mouth, watching and waiting for the reaction of his partners in crime.

Artemis

A
giphy_10.gif

Jorik Valnora Jorik Valnora
Wearing: Dress

A day at the races was not what Isla had in mind.

Beyond the fact that the whole show was a rather grim experience, this meeting had been planned for as long as Isla had been alive. She had expected some sort of fanfare, a show, a little more of the finer things in life perhaps. Not hours upon hours in a sweltering heat attempting to watch something that was going to be largely out of their view, on a planet that held significance to neither of their people. A strange request from an even stranger man, Isla was finding herself surprised at him already. Though she honestly couldn’t decide if that was for the better or not. Still, at least it was a private box. That was one point in his favour.

In truth, Isla was entirely surprised that the meeting had even held steady. After the untimely death of Jorik II, her Father was unsure that the eldest son would keep to a promise made on his behalf twenty-something years ago, but he had surprised them all.

“I hadn’t imagined you to be the type to worry about overpowering something.” Isla said plainly, leaning herself against the doorframe of the private booth as her chocolate gaze settled on the back of Jorik’s head. “Nobody ever described you as subtle.” Now she considered it, she didn’t actually know much about the man she had been promised too. Apart from a few whispers here and there, he was a man of mystery. His wealth, of course, had been spoken of in droves. Isla wasn’t interested in that though; she had her own wealth. What she was interested in was the man behind the debonair mask of a businessman.

Isla pushed herself away from the door, letting it swing to a close behind her as she approached the empty seat beside Jorik, where she was able to get her first proper look at him. He was palatable, she supposed. She could definitely grow used to looking at him. “Isla.” She made no move to offer out a hand, but she at least offered her name as an introduction, though she was aware he was already expecting her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom