Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subjugation Of Bastion [Kara Vi'dreya]

[NOTE: DO NOT JOIN THIS THREAD WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM MYSELF]
Sector I
Bastion
Braxant Sector
Ravelin City
After her brief audience with Kaine Zambrano, Sith Lord and Overseer of Sector I, Kara had gone ahead and hastened preparations for the Subjugation of Bastion with his blessing, through which she hoped to gain its governance. Truth be told the only thing which stood in her way was the present population of this Imperial planet, but she wasn't about to let a few people stand in her way. As such the Vhailor made its way down through the orbital and atmospheric sphere of Bastion, directly headed for Ravelin, the Capital City and main hub of Imperial activity. Luckily Kaine had given his men prior warning of the Sith Knight's imminent arrival, and her intent to claim power there, so she would have the backing of the stationed Sith troops when they touched down. All they had to do was stifle the present government, which was far more forward an approach than Kara would usually consider. Yet the woman knew that underhanded plots would not win her favour here, not that it was favour she required - a quick sharp change would be for the best, that way the people would be under no illusions with regards to who she was, why she was there and their position within the ordeal.

Personally piloting the ship Kara sat within the pilot seat in the small bridge that marred her ship, with her two shadows at her side; the large @[member='Thyrian Ashborn'] and the substantially taller Skydd, one of her personal droids. Also upon the ship awaited another droid, who would maintain the ship in her absence, and a handful of hand picked slaves to see to her personal needs while they were upon Bastion; after all, outside of the Imperial Militia here she had no idea how her presence would be responded to, it did not hurt to be prepared. When Vhailor touched down within the hangar bay of the Imperial Palace, and the ramp itself touched down, the Sith Knight and her accompanying group made their way down to the assortment of guards which made up her welcoming party, alongside the appearance of Bastion's present leader, under Kaine and the Emperor of course. The man maintained a stern upperlip, clearly having heard of and disapproved of the changes which were likely to be set into motion with her arrival. Despite his dislike and distrust the man maintained form and lowered himself into a bow of greeting.

"Lady V'idreya, we had not expected you so soon" was his eloquent way of saying you should not be here, a point she did not fail to pick up on... But for now it would be best to let it slide and deal with him later. It would not hurt for her to remain composed, in fact it may even assist her affairs here. Firm yet fair. Perhaps that was the way to go about business to begin with. Acknowledging him with little more than an inclination of her head, the man was urged to resume his typical spiel reserved for guests of the Empire. "Have you met Commander Ghaeron? He will head your host while you remain with us." The way her presence here was spoken of made her somewhat amused, this man was far too confident in his position that he did not even contemplate her succeeding. Such a shock it would be when he lost his place and like as not home upon Bastion. "We have spoken" she simply stated, before gesturing to her side, "This is Thyrian, my Apprentice," she returned, a flicker of bemusement within her gaze - many within the Empire knew of her fiery student and what he was capable of. "See to it that he is given the same grace and treatment as myself." She did not bother to introduce the others she had brought.

That made him blunder for a brief moment, before he caught and composed himself. Coughing into one hand, as though genuinely having a respiratory problem, the man tipped his head into a three-layered nod and retorted, "Why of course, as my Lady commands. Come now, shall we retire to more comfortable surroundings?" Gesturing solemnly to the Palace he led her, and her new body of guards, he led them through the elaborate halls towards a regal chamber with enough space for them all to stand and sit. "Please, be seated," he beseeched Kara and Thyrian, as well as Ghaeron, leaving the rest to linger and stand. Far be it from Kara to deny it, while in her play nicely phase, she took the seat located to the left of a large, ornate and somewhat disused fireplace, purely for decoration she presumed, while gesturing her Apprentice to her side. Skydd also stepped towards her, as did one of her slaves who had been tasked with seeing to her every whim. The others pottered about between the guards and soldiers, before finding themselves spots with ample viewing space. They would be her eyes and ears, to monitor for any upset.

One thing she knew was that this would be interesting to say the least.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: As mentioned above, please do not jump on this thread just because it says "Faction". If you feel you have a good reason to join in PM me beforehand, but otherwise I'd appreciate it if you didn't. As a forewarning, I won't be accepting random requests for joining, either. This is Kara's Subjugation attempt of Bastion, with prior blessing from Kaine both IC and OOC, as shown through: starwarsrp.net/topic/14574-to-lord-over-the-shadows-kz/
@[member='Valik'] @[member='Thyrian Ashborn']

Having spent his time meditating in his quarters aboard the Vhailor for the duration of the journey to Bastion, his mind had for once been able to withstand the visions he'd always experience while doing so. He felt clear-of-mind and refreshed, as it should be after having meditated. He felt strong again, though who knows how long it would take for his sanity to wane once more? Perhaps the mission on Bastion would put his mind on other matters - matters of greater importance, at that. His master demanded strength, and he would see to her needs. They were to land on the planet and by using 'peaceful solutions' take over the government. In his mind Thyrian scoffed at the notion that there would be no bloodshed - things had a habit to turn violent with him around, and Master Vi'dreya did not shy away from using brute force to get what she wanted, albeit him having to do the brute force part. Too much talking had a nasty habit of making the Ashborn impatient, but still he did not underappreciate the value of peace. He was not an anarchist; he wished for peace as much as the next alchemically created man-on-fire, but he was of the mind that peace could not be earned without bloodshed. 'Peaceful solutions' often times only meant less bloodshed.

Having landed upon the planet of Bastion, they were welcomed by the 'leader' of the current government. A pitiful excuse of a man, he was, not fit for a position of power. When they were lead inside the grand palace, the Ashborn could do little other than go along with the plan, following close behind his master. He sometimes went out of his way to shove by-standers aside where he walked, just to prove their lesser worth. None of them were fit to even look upon his Queen, nor walk the same ground she stood upon. Having been shown to their seats - a beautifully carved piece of furniture that he would love to incinerate just to spite the leader - Thyrian took a step towards the man, standing only a feet away and looking down at him in a menacing fashion. "YOU DO NOT COMMAND MY MASTER, WORM! NOR ME..." With a snarl he then turned from the man and sat down next to his Queen. He would be willing to give this 'peaceful solution' a chance, if only because she wished it.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] @[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik, a decently powerful Sith Lord, though more esteemed for his craftsmanship than his power, was the master of one @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]. Today however, it was Kara that was the master, and Valik who was constricted by the chains. Quite literally in fact. Valik, through a nice combination of Alchemy and a Force Disperser, had no traces of his usual self, aesthetically, biologically, or through the Force. To Kara he was a master, an observer, testing her every motion, her playing with the 'Ashborn', her manipulation of those in Bastion. To everyone else however, he was merely a slave, favored over the Sithling's other slaves for some reason or another.

With interest he watched as she dealt with the officials of Bastion, spoke of her apprentice, though Valik wondered if he was truly intended to be such, an apprentice rather than a tool to the woman but he supposed it didn't matter to him now. If she couldn't keep him on his leash it would be to her own detriment, not his. It was so nice to have such a field test, so many variables for him to contemplate and examine in action. Ultimately like any test from integration his presence would alter the results, but he was fine with dealing with that. Seeing the woman adapt to his pressures would be another way to test.

As the 'Ashborn' spoke Valik observed, and afterwards slinked over to his 'master' whispering in his ear just loud enough for others to hear bits and pieces of what he was saying. "Does the master prefer to speak through her underlings? If the master wishes, this one may be her voice." He said, a test not only to her, but to her apprentice @[member="Thyrian Ashborn"], and how she dealt with him as a result.

As ever @[member='Thyrian Ashborn'] became a little hot-headed, resulting in their host becoming pale-faced, wide eyed and a little shaky in his seat to the intimidating, booming voice of her Apprentice. If he hadn't known who Ashborn was prior to this brief exchange of words... Well there would be no doubt in his mind right now. But all the same this was supposed to be a peaceful affair, so she merely shot her Apprentice a sharp glance and said "Enough." She could sense his seething anger at being subjected to peaceful means, but thus was the way of the Sith - not everything had to be ended in bloodshed, and he needed to learn as much if he were to ever get anywhere in the Empire. Subtlety was crucial in Kara's books, and while a man of 2 metres in height, booming of voice and fiery of skin was hardly such, he should at least know when to curb his tongue.

Her gaze did not switch across to the Slave at her side, that is @[member='Valik'], as outwardly he did not warrant a response from her. She knew why he had come with her, but it did not mean she would break step just because of who he was outside of this façade. Little more would need to be said to her Apprentice for him to have learnt the lesson required - he was obedient to the last, something Valik perhaps did not realise yet - but he would. There would be no more acknowledgement towards either of those she had brought with her until the initial discussion was sorted, that is unless something major cropped up. No, Ashborn was here to watch and learn, Valik to observe, the rest a further skin to thicken the underlying plot at hand. "Your name, I would know it." she finally asserted towards their host. "You were humble enough to offer out that of the Commander but not your own." One slender eyebrow rose in questioning, on the left and somewhat burnt side of her face. Another slight on his part.

The governor fumbled over his words, still in shock with regards to Ashborn, his head bobbing up and down in an apologetic and frenzied fashion. "W-Why yes, my Lady, my... My name, of course..." The poor fool did not know how to respond, his courtesy and former grandeur having fled him. "Kael, my Lady, Governor Leance Kael." A name she had heard just once, during the wind-down of her discussions with Kaine. A self-pretentious yet unimportant little man if ever there was one, whose influence barely stretched across Bastion let alone elsewhere. "Very well, Kael, let us not make a mockery out of the Empire. You know of my intentions here; Bastion is less than adequate, little more than a blot on the map, and you have done little to strengthen its position. I cannot abide weakness." Slowly she rose up, and while only a small girl she stood over his quivering, seated frame. But she was not about to strike him down. That would be too forward, and would gain her nothing here.

"You will tell any men under your own person to stand down. That goes for the pair on the balcony up there" with a nod of her head she allowed his plans to fall apart before his very eyes as she brought to the surface the knowledge of his would-be assassins. "They will surrender to the host gifted to me by Lord Zambrano, and their lives will not be forfei--" her words were cut short by a scoffed blunder, Kael's face turning purple with shock and alarm in unison "B-But I-" Stepping closer her eyes narrowed, warranting no compromise. "Do so, and then we shall discuss terms." When she heard the distinct whistle of a slug breaking through the soundbarrier from upon the balcony her reflexes stepped in, body swaying so as to narrowly miss its path. Instead the metal embedded itself in the ground. "His life, however, is forfeit. We can play this one of many ways, Kael, but the result will be the same."

As the would-be-assassin was dragged down from the balcony by a handful of Imperial Guards the reality of the situation seemed to dawn upon the present Governor. "S-Stand down... All of you." He told his men, who dropped their weapons to their feet and stepped aside at his command. A sudden scream could be heard from the room adjoining the balcony itself before that too was stifled. This was no game they were playing...

@[member='Valik'] @[member='Thyrian Ashborn'] @[member='Daxton Bane']

The mastery of which his Queen implemented fear, diplomacy, and ruthlessness into her carefully chosen words was a true marvel in the eyes of the Ashborn. She had managed to seize control of the situation, and soon the whole planet itself, by force of words only. The assassination attempt had him flying out of his seat, ready to rush to her defense, yet she handled it with such grace and determination that his presence was not needed. He pittied the poor fools who tried to fight back, only to be taken down in unison by the Imperial guards accompanying them. It all worked together in such a well-oiled machinery, that brute force was never once necessary - not yet, anyway. Until it would become necessary, he would remain watchful - and once it did, his retribution would be swift and ruthless. When the so-called 'leader' of Bastion called off his troops and assassins, the Ashborn could do little else but manage a wicked smile underneath his mask, adorned with the set of two glowing eyes. His master commanded more than himself; now she was taking control over men's minds all over, not even having to resort to subjugating them. If 'watch and learn' was what he was here for, then consider him having watched and learned.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik continued on with his position as Kara ignored him, a rather brash tactic for an apprentice but perfectly suited for the master of a slave. Luckily, Valik was more concerned with cover than convention, and thus Kara had not provoked his nager, but his respect. She continued to press the man, noting his inadequacies to the Sith Empire, his poorly trained assassins, when Valik felt a shot fired. He wasn't sure if his apprentice had felt it yet or not, but before it entered the room Valik used a subtle dose of Telekinesis, slowing the slugthrower down just a hair before Kara evaded the strike. Some sith would call it unnecessary mercy, some would call it over-attachment to a student, but to Valik it was, like everything else regarding Kara, a test. She continued on, not breaking cover, continuing to press at Kael, a good move for now as the Ashborn jumped to feet, a bit more alert after the attempted assassination.

Focusing his mind as Kara attacked, Valik added another order, as well as distraction to the fold. A true Sith had to be able to take down their problems in stride, no matter how many interferences appeared. "I want that man alive, but everyone to think that he is dead. He will be your next subject, our next experiment. Only you and I shall know he survives, your task is not only to fool the Imperials, but the Ashborn as well." He spoke to her, focusing his mind to deliver the message telepathically.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

With a very subtle gesture of her hand she called the Ashborn back to his seat without words, and without it really being recognised by anyone save @[member='Thyrian Ashborn'] himself. When the handful of men she had called to get the two assassins returned, with one less assassin than expected, she gestured with her hand for Kael to rise. "Leave us, all of you." Turning around briefly she gestured to Thyrian, her slave (@[member='Valik']) and five of the guards. "You, remain." She would have need of the guards to keep out any would-be-intruders. Thyrian was a perfect deterrent from any trouble Kael might cause, and the slave was there for her personal reasons. When the room began to empty she gestured to the slave. "Fetch two glasses of ice cold water." Wine would not do, she could not abide alcohol, it showed a weakness in those who would drink it - an inability to control themselves,, their desires. It made them into babbling idiots. No, she wanted Kael to realise what was happening to him.

Valik's mental request was processed without Kara even once breaking step. She made no acknowledgement, but that did not mean she had not heard not understood. Part of her had wanted a swift end to this fool, but the concept of using him to experiment upon? Well, that was even better. Making it unknown should have been the difficult part, but the young girl had a plan.

Rather than settling back into one of the comfortable seats Kara instead called one of the hard-backed chairs from the lengthy table which was settled to the right of the room. When it reached her hand through the aid of the Force she slipped into it, her back completely straight and composed. It gave her a regal air about her, but also allowed her to assert the authority she clearly held over the men on Bastion. Her gaze pierced into the governors, causing him to awkwardly rub at his neck and dab at his brow with a handkerchief. Silence stretched between them for quite some time, until he buckled, spluttering slightly in his haste to speak. "I-It hasn't been easy... B-Bastion is still a n-new world for the Empire. I've done as best I could..." But it was clear from his voice that he had become somewhat deflated, as though he knew he hadn't really done all he could. A flash of panic crept into his gaze until Kara decided she had seen enough. When he tried to stand it became the last straw.

With a very subtle use of the Force he faltered back into his seat, causing Kara to rise up and walk towards him, brushing down her robes in a composed fashion. "Bastion is mostly made up of a military host. The Empire's military. If you cannot maintain a world of loyal Imperial troops then what?" With each word she took a measured step forward, causing the man to cower back in his seat. "You have done nothing; your men are inadequate, you waste money and supplies while you sit here lording over the Palace. You are a weak little man, and I cannot abide weakness." But she was not quite ready to put the dog down, so to speak. "I-I..." the bumbling fool began, before slumping back. "What my Lady says is true, b-but I will work harder, y-you'll see. The Emperor will see!" But he had already seen...

@[member='Valik'] @[member='Thyrian Ashborn'] @[member='Daxton Bane']

An aura of death lingered about him, like an unseen shadowy miasma slowly clawing down the throat and ripping out the tongue from within. Armored fingers drummed impatiently on the wooden surface of the table, as unchecked beads of sweat ran down the face of the human before him. His features hidden from view by the reflective face plate, seemingly untouched by the chaos around him.

Flanking his side were two apprentices, the unease and tension clearly evident on their faces, their bodies locked in battle stance, lightsabers humming a song of death as they surveyed the pile of bodies around them for survivors.

The strike was swift and unexpected, who would have suspected that 3 could handle a full complement of heavily armed and armored soldiers. In the space of several heartbeats, the corridor was strewn with mangled corpses and blood stained walls.

Daxton took the commanders seat at the table as the human struggled with the choking grip around his throat, begging for his life from the very vision of death made flesh.

"If you wish to live, you will tell your men to stand down and including the men you have deployed to sabotage the stamping factory." Grinning as he ripped the information from the man's head. "Resist if you wish, I am sure I can find one of your subordinates who would be willing to cooperate for a sudden promotion should you prove reluctant. Ah I see you are a smart man. Proceed."

Releasing his grip on the man's throat he waited for him to issue the command to his men.
@Valik @Thyrian Ashborn @Daxton Bane

Once things had settled, Thyrian slumped back down into the chair, too comfortable for his likings. The entourage of guards and slaves his master had brought with her turned and walked out of the room, leaving only him and one other slave, along with a handful of guards. The words spat out by the snivelling worm-of-a-governor enraged the Ashborn; he displayed every sign of weakness there was, what with his stuttering and making excuses all the time. This 'man' was unfit to rule, and so was to be removed from office, with Master Vi'dreya taking the helm. As Kära's powers kept growing with each of her conquests, he saw it ever more fit that he calls her 'Queen'. That she was; an aspiring Queen looking to make her mark upon the Galaxy by any means necessary, and he would be there by her side every step of the way, watching over her like a father would his daughter. She was... a remarkable young woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom