Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Circumstance

When he had heard, as soon as he saw. He had came, he could feel Avalore's prescience as he entered the palace, and he was certain [member="Avalore Eden"] would sense him too. Thoughts, they raced through the Dark Lords mind. What would she think of what he had become? For the first time, in a long time. He felt the inner conflict brewing, however something stirred deeper than that. He would discover its source, and silence it. However, now only did he wish to see her. A familiar face amongst the clouds, the crowds of angst, fear and desperation.

Heavy boots slammed against the horrid, cold marble floors of the detention area. All was silent other than the mechanical slam of the boots, the sound echoed throughout the hall. Growing louder as he became closer to her cell. The void, the empty space, the Sith Lord, Nexus; was coming to her now. He stood, meters away from the door before flicking his fingers, his command over the force opening the door and before him sat, a childless, damaged, half asleep Avalore. He dare not speak, he feared and wondered for what was to come next.

There's something to be said about being a prisoner.

I can't imagine what the others are doing, or have done, while held captive by these people. Are they fighting their captors? Or are they maintaining a stoic facade of serenity like they always do, no matter what, every day of the year amongst their Jedi kin, hiding and suffocating within their own thoughts and emotions. Do they toss away their food rations? Do they talk to themselves at night? Are they meditating? Are they thinking about their Jedi Code and doctrines? Does it help?

Am I the only one...

Avalore was laying on the cold metal slab that served as her bed for the last week, robes wrapped snugly around her, shoulders, hips, and knees sore and bruised, eyes red from more than just a lack of sleep, cheeks stiff with dried tears.

...crying herself to sleep?

Clank clank clank clank clank....

The conditions hadn't been horrible. Though they certainly would have horrified Gordon Ramsey into a three-episode Hotel Hell makeover. She'd been fed regularly something only just edible. Water. Even a cup of caff a few days ago. Avalore had taken to drinking in small amounts simply because her toilet was in her cell and her cell, while not exactly open to her neighbors, often drew their attention and comments when she had to go. Yesterday she'd left it for the first time in nearly a week, chaperoned by two Yuuzan Vonh Slayers to a locker room of sorts where she was permitted fifteen minutes to wash up. Avalore couldn't remember hot water being so heavenly, but she'd relished in it for as long as she could.

...clank clank clank...

But the darkness and the hopelessness and the fear of the never returning home was slowly but surely getting to the Healer. Perhaps because her faith in her fellow Jedi had never been fully formed. Or perhaps because, finally after all these years, every bit of loss within her life was slowly settling into reality during the long, dark, silent hours she spent alone.

What if no one cared? What if she never went home? Would she rot down here forever?

...clank.

Her hearing still had yet to fully return, but the last loud thuds had found her as hollow echoes. Avalore was not warned by some unseen sensing of signatures through the Force - unlike every other upstart Jedi padawan, she wasn't capable of sensing people. Nor could she use telepathy, or do many of the fancy Force things that others half her age seemed capable of flaunting like a child's play thing. No, Nexus' arrival was signaled by the dying light of the energy bars that kept her locked inside as he disengaged them.

Avalore opened her eyes and peered out through the darkness at the massive shadow standing in the doorway, just as Mierin had a week ago. She frowned at the overwhelming presence that greeted her and slowly sat up, brown eyes wide despite their puffyness, casting a wary glance around. Of course Avalore was not to know that Darth Shara's word she was not to come to harm would maintain itself even past his death - certainly she hadn't been, but who would put it past the Sith to find other ways to terrorize her?

Her frown became a grimace as she tried to push several horrible thoughts from her head. The Healer did not speak, but instead recoiled from the geist to press against the wall, feet pulled up to her chest as she huddled at the back side of the the bed.

[member="Darth Nexus"]

She, did not know him. [member="Avalore Eden"] could not sense the being within the suit of armour, however he would reveal who he was in due time. He took a few more steps into her cell, observing the small girl crushed up into the corner of her bed. The Sith Lord, at least a part of him felt some kind of remorse. Some part of him felt the need to remove his helmet. Reveal himself to the girl, cradle her and help her. But that part of him was so far away from the truth he could barely feel it, but it was the.

Fear, confusion, resentment. These were the emotions that littered Avalore's face, however fear was the predominant among them. She couldn't hide behind a mask, not like he could. Darth Nexus stood in silence for a few more moments before words escaped him. "Avalore." He motioned closer to her, his head titled as his eyes ran across her body.

How long had she been here? How had she been treated? What would happen to her? These thoughts were let loose in his mind. He could not control them, as Avalore sat there aimlessly gawking. There was an inner battle for control between Nexus and Callus. However, Darth Nexus saw again, there was no purpose in it. These thoughts had no purpose, no meaning. They held no weight in truth, and that was all that mattered, his actions and words however. That was entirely different, "Do you not know, who I am?" He asked, his eyes connecting with hers. He hoped she would remember, he could live without the shame of removing that mask. This was all she needed to see.

The booming voice cause the young Healer to visibly startle, and she shut her eyes to help steady herself.

Easy now, Avalore. It's only words. He only knows your name-

her eyes flashed open again, turning back to the monstrous suit of armor with naked uncertainty.

Why does he know my name?

It occurred to her that perhaps he was simply the next in line of Sith Lords come to interrogate her. The woman from before surely had passed along what information she'd gleaned, and Avalore spent several nights feeling miserable about all the things she so openly told her. She really wasn't very good at being a stoic prisoner.

She swallowed, wincing at the pain in her throat from the lump that had formed there a week ago on Teta. The armor asked another question, one that left her feeling just as lost as ever. Did she know who he was? Avalore shook her head. No, of course she didn't. Was she supposed to? She'd never met a hulking mountainous suit of darkside armor before.

[member="Darth Nexus"]

"I am more than just armour, and no Darth Mierin did not pass on what she knows. I simply, know." And with that, he allowed his hands to slide to the side of his temples, removing the helmet he was wearing. Very slowly, revealing who was underneath. Astrian Callus' beaming yellow eyes looked at her, but it wasn't him anymore, he was more than that now. He was Darth Nexus, a void for Jedi, an endless pit of death for all of them. Except, he didn't feel like that. Avalore wasn't just a Jedi to him. She was more than that, she was a friend. Her baby was gone, probably given away. He had hoped she had survived the fall of coruscant, and possibly moved on to something better. But not this, he didn't want this for her. He didn't speak, as her expression spoke enough for both of them. His eyes trailed off from her as he sat back, looking off towards the door of the cell. Making sure nobody was watching, but she deserved to know who was talking to her. Nexus, wanted her to know and what little was left of Astrian Callus wanted her to know that too, but he was lost and ashamed. However, Nexus felt no shame. As there was no purpose in such things. It was a weakness, and a weakness by design is wrong. He wouldn't be surprised if it took her a few moments to realize who he was. But, he looked older, angrier, more stressed and more cruel and worried. All negative emotions twisted into view, but she didn't look much older. Only, somewhat lost to herself. Nexus wanted to take advantage of that, and if possible. Save her from a likely death.

He never explained to her why he left, or contacted her since. It had been a long time since he last saw her, and she had likely forgotten. But he had not forgotten, he didn't forget a face. Nexus didn't forget faces but was incapable of acknowledging the concept of a friend, as he was yet to find one in the dark depths of himself. However, [member="Avalore Eden"] stood before him. However, he was unaware of what her response to this would be.

With a sniff and a tug at her robes to block out the chill that followed the man in, Avalore turned to watch him, unsmiling, as he removed his helmet. It didn't hit her at first: the conversation with Astrian Callus had been so long ago. Or, at the very least, felt so long ago.

Forgetful of things she might be, Avalore liked to think she could remember a face. Especially one as unique as this man's own, but he'd changed quite a bit where she had stayed much the same. Pulling her feet closer to herself, she huddled her arms close to her as the cogs turned within. Brown eyes looked the man from bottom to top, taking in the peculiar height and the sallow, sunken expression.

"...Cal?" she tested, voice broken from little use. That look of disbelief returned, frown deepening, "you look...great."

And somewhat like a demonic darkside train with legs, but who was she to judge?

[member="Darth Nexus"]

Nexus, the Sith Lord. Astrian, couldn't help but smirk. He was surprised by her reaction, she hadn't slapped him. Nothing, she actually seemed pleased to see him. Well, in a strange way. "It's me." He spoke, his eyes fluttering as he looked over [member="Avalore Eden"], then his mind wondered to her child. But, he thought it best not to ask. It was none of his business, at least for now. Sitting forward a little bit, he didn't know what to say. He was lost for words, the confident and ever defiant sith lord wasn't here. Astrian was, and he was with a friend. But, for how long that status remained. He was unsure.

Avalore was having a difficult time dealing with being a prisoner and running into old faces.

Old faces that had once been part of the Jedi collective.

Faces that she had thought, perhaps, she might call friend eventually.

First Hal, now Cal. Force, it was a good thing she didn't know anyone else that rhymed or this would just be considered utterly absurd. WAIT...Turin Val Kur .... had she called him Val? That wasn't a particularly masculine nickname so hopefully that meant he was in the clear. Still.

The Healer balled her hands into fists before clasping them together, huddling them in the fabric of her robes. The chill down here was really not comfortable. The dampness went straight to her bones.

"Cal..." Avalore began, voice weak and wary as she eyed the giant man, eyes wincing from some vestige of distress at seeing a second Jedi now amongst the ranks of these people, "...what are you doing here?"

[member="Darth Nexus"]

Nexus, was a Sith Lord. His head felt heavy with discomfort, "I'm not Astrian Callus anymore." He shook his head gingerly, his eyes striking upwards at [member="Avalore Eden"]. He took his saber from his belt, it was massive. Only someone who was massive like himself was able to hold it and use it properly, he activated one of the blades. Its deep orange/crimson beam extending from the hilt. "I'm a Sith Lord, a Darth." He confessed, sighing he deactivated the blade and placed it back at his belt. He sat his helmet down in between Avalore and himself, it was massive and likely difficult for her to lift. "This, is a face of evil. It's the face Jedi fear now. I'm a symbol of death, a void. A Nexus." Then, placing his hand on the helmet. He stared deep into the metal skull, "This is my true face now." Then, he looked back up at Avalore, his features expressing some form of shame.

He wished she didn't have to find out like this, he hoped maybe..she had come with him. Maybe things would be different, maybe she wouldn't be the One Sith's prisoner and one of them. Maybe he wouldn't be a Sith either. But, these possibilities, these thoughts only plagued his mind. They served no true purpose.

A grimace took Avalore's expression and she shook her head. The Healer would not claim to know the man, aside from the one instance spent healing him and exchanging pleasant banter. He'd fled the scene at the first real question of friendship, abandoning whatever sort of rope she'd thrown him back then without any reason known to her other then it was painful to think about.

Avalore didn't have a lot of patience for people who couldn't deal with trauma. At least of the emotional sort. She out of most people had experienced a great deal of loss and was witness to terrible inhuman acts of cruelty. Despite the pain, she was still a good person.

"I don't understand," narrowed brown eyes watched the hulking mountain of a man, "why Cal? Why do you have to become that? You were a good person, fighting for good things. How could this possibly make anything better?"

[member="Darth Nexus"]

"Jedi, jedi are hypocrites, fools and rarely does the order or their ideologies truly serve a purpose. They abandoned me, they've abandoned you. None of it matters, nothing truly matters. Sith and Jedi fight, one wins. Then the other returns and the cycle continues, its pointless. It's all so pointless, I'm just on the winning side here Avalore, I couldn't help it. You should join me Avalore, I don't want you to die down here." He said, turning to her.

He placed his hand closer to her, leaning in closer. "I'm not the same person you met in the Temples, I've grown. I've faced my demons long ago, I don't intend on running away from you or anything again." Of course, he was referring to when he left [member="Avalore Eden"] in the Jedi Temple when she proposed the stepping stones of friendship.

Avalore leaned away, a scowl on her face, "You sure about that Cal? I mean, I'm a Jedi so that makes me a hypocritical fool that serves no purpose."

She didn't comment on the abandonement portion, as part of her was getting ready to agree with him. Her dramatic, emotional part. The sensible, logical part of her told her that it was too soon to say whether or not she'd been abandoned. At least, it wasn't like she'd been here for ten years - then she might be happy to agree. They'd just lost Teta and it wasn't as though she were the only Jedi captured. There had been others, and perhaps even those that had died. She didn't know, but it's not like the Jedi could simply regroup en masse and bum-rush the Sith to save everyone. They weren't exactly plentiful to begin with.

"I'm a Healer, Cal, not a Killer. I don't hurt people and I don't belong here."

[member="Darth Nexus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom