Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Story Hook Section In Bios

With the new revamp I figure I toss out an idea for an addition. Having story hooks, the quick read this is how your character could find mine/be linked to mine/have an interaction, would be very useful. LFGs that tend to get the most people's attention have those quick sections and idk why I or anyone else didn't think about adding them just to the bio itself.

That's all. What do ya'll think?

Another solid idea. Good way for other writers to find new writers with characters who might have stories to mesh with.

X character is a smuggler, y character is a former smuggler. Might be a story to tell there, and now they know to reach out without waiting on an LFG to get an idea of what someone might want to write.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
The best part of the revamp is the template is the required minimum. Just as with codex and factory add what you want as long as the required fields are filled out.

Go ham and have fun adding in whatever plot hooks and mcguffins that you want

This absolutely still is a rule. So if you see someone is RPing without making a bio feel free to report them. We have no way of knowing if someone has made one or not without looking for each sub account.

As for strengths and weaknesses, I see them as necessary. It can give people an insight into how the character works.

If strength and weaknesses give insight on how a character works, then story hooks would be how someone else's character can work with your own. Like strengths and weaknesses they don't have to be long, but requiring them would at least put it on peoples radars. It's been ten years on Chaos and I've never seen someone put a story hook in the profile itself.

Last edited:
With the new revamp I figure I toss out an idea for an addition. Having story hooks, the quick read this is how your character could find mine/be linked to mine/have an interaction, would be very useful. LFGs that tend to get the most people's attention have those quick sections and idk why I or anyone else didn't think about adding them just to the bio itself.

That's all. What do ya'll think?

i think its a great idea for bios, maybe not enforced by staff tho

but if enough people are doing it why not eventually make it official

Maybe look at the history section as your means of doing so? I typically like to sort of summarize it up in a way that shows other people what they'd expect from my character and the sort of stuff that they'd be up to, not as a literal biography that only details the clerical details of a sterilized past, so that it's flexible enough to never really be out of date in regards to how someone could interact with my character.

tho it's still a nice exercise in forming a bio for the perspective of other writers that might want to write with you, could probably fit in as its own thing I guess. In my case I feel like it'd be a little redundant, I don't really want to have to have another section in my bio that restates something already in there, and the bio template provided in the character rules are the required minimum so unless that changes or is a bit more nuanced idk if necessarily forcing people to do it is really the best way to go about it? A character creation tutorial on how to better write a bio from the perspective of getting engagement from other writers might help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom