Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm calling(Matsu Ike)

Vulpesen's hands continued to move, keeping the energy swirling around him. Given how much he had collected, and was still gathering, he was fairly that attempting to hold and internalize it would be an at least somewhat painful experience. "And what exactly am I using as this focus? Its not exactly like we're in a target or focus filled environment." He took a deep breath as his tail lashed out behind him, attempting to loosen some of his muscles as he focused on the wisps of force power around himself.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

She was looking at him and raised an eyebrow as she spoke. "I see millions upon millions of things one can focus on. Seeing where it can all go and where it can be used." She stayed there for a moment now when she was thinking about now, she held her hand out and ready focusing the force energies into the sand itself until it was swirling and leaping to another grain and then another grain... once, twice, three times where she could as it started to cascade across the ground and raise the sand into a swirling mass with the wind picking up around them to spin around. "The environment can be the focus."

Vulpesen flicked his ears to her words and lifted his hands a bit higher. "I suppose that makes sense." Closing his eyes once more, he delved back into a focused state and started to manipulate the force around them more actively. Like Matsu, his influence could be seen in the sands as dust kicked up and swirled, filling the air. It started with three small funnels rising up, each one growing higher and higher while they spread out in size about ten meters from the duo.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

He was learning quickly, picking up thebasics and that would be a good thing. She had used this method and taught Sorel herself the techniques. It went a long way in many cases for all of them and the jedi master wasn't going to deny herself a moments chance to really see it before she went off towards some of the better parts that they had all been doing for now. "You are pikcing it up, but do you see what you are doing? Do you understand it. The currents in the air, manipulating them is easier then making new ones. The rotation, is it natural or are you using more energy to turn it the opposite way the normal funnels spin?"

Vulpesen's eyes opened blazing brightly as he continued to swirl the sands. "Didn't sense too much wind. But you do have a point." He refocused himself on the currents of the force, now attempting to strengthen rather than create them. The effect was near instantaneous, and in truth, he almost lost control as the dust devils swirled higher and wider than before. "Much better. Might come in handy to not exhaust myself while trying this, particularly during any battles I'll be fighting in."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I wouldn't recommend that." Using techniques like this that required concentration in a fight was dangerous in many ways unless you had the equipment to really bypass and handle the danger. Matsu was looking at the dust devills where she spoke having a small grin though. "You'll learn control and how to pace yourself. Control is the most important thing, letting loose everything will be dangerous for far more people. I know many don't like the idea of having discipline and self control but I must emphasize its requirement to really have these skills. Another is well to respect it instead of only treating it like a shiny bauble as some have done."

"Don't worry, I have no intention of letting it run Rampant." With some of his focus freed up from having to maintain his own wind currents, he managed to rein in the swirling funnels, taking control in a matter of moments. At the moment, it was a fairly small set of whirlwinds, but it was a start. With a deep breath, Vulpesen started to draw his hands together, causing the funnels to mimic his actions and come closer to each other. "If there's one thing the wilds of Veradune taught me,its that one should respect nature. The Zorren people learned pretty fast that when a tree can eat you, you probably don't want to take a piss on it."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She had to snicker a little to that, she had encountered living trees and plants that were dangerous. Seen a number of other things as well though. "I have veeb there, I learned fast enough but there are some other worlds that can be interesting and fairly dangerous. My padawan Sorel before she became a master and then grandmaster was skilled in techniques such as this. I hope she is alright. Everyone turning on her except me and my daughters was kind of a shock to her." Matsu said it with some sadness as she was thinking about it and moving now towards the sands letting the dust devils appear around her to raise her into the air.

"When the planet seems to be employing every conceivable natural means to kill you, you have to learn fast. Those that are slow are often devoured. As for your padawan, i'm sorry to hear that. Seems like a common thing among those in the 'civilized' galaxy. Guess that's why I left it behind." Vulpesen grinned widely as his funnels combined, mixing into a single large tornado of dust which spiraled high into the air. "Any pointers on how to not get flung all the way into Mos Eisley."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"It is always worth learning how to plant your feet. You have to be careful and if we are able to then you shouldn't be able to get it to close to the cities... even here on the planet." Matsu was allowing the force to breathe and push itself forward with even more energies now that they had it. Everywhere she could see it brought a small grin to her face now before the energies oft he force started to wind down and swirl back into something that appeared at least at first semi normal.

Steadying his breathing, Vulpesen started to move the funnel from side to side, testing his boundaries and getting use to the feeling of controlling the powers before him. "Not so bad once you get it started and get the hang of it." He was starting to sweat a bit, but whether it was the concentration or the twin sun heat he couldn't tell. All he knew as that he was starting to increase the size of the dust devil, allowing it to reach about fifty feet into the sky before him. With its winds, he winced a bit as the sand whipped up to sting his face, stopped only when his tail quickly flicked up to drop his mask over his skin.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu allowed the force to rotate and continue with everything she was working on. Where she might work on it more before stopping and hilding a hand up. compared to him she was able to channel the force in other ways and had the ease of wearing the sigil for its protective qualities as a green fire shimmered around her. To protect from the dust and dirt that was going ever faster. The jedi master waited there and looked at him as her hands clasped at the small of her back very casually and she walked forward stepping on the air to rotate. "Now maintain control, focus on your actions and see if you can control where I am walking."

Vulpesen rose a brow as he watched her step into the dust devil, surrounded by the green aura. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He twitched a bit as he focused more on his work. Slowly, he started to still the funnel, doing his best to keep it form moving form its spot. "This isn't really a power used to give a person some sort of cool breeze you know." Behind him, his tail rose up, standing high behind him, still to reflect his concentration.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She was looking at him as he spoke and went up a little more. "What other reason is there beside moving up with the wind. It allows you to move around a number of areas if you are smart about it here." She said it though hovering there and was showing her own as the shimmer made winds to canel it out. The dust going over like she was an obscruction instead of through and striking at her. "You need to go how to counter and use it if such a technique is being used against you. There is no better understanding then the fullest aspects of something. I wouldn't show a student how to turn on a lightsaber without turning it off and handling it."

Nodding to her words, Vulpesen did his best to follow them. The force started to flow through his limbs as his arms moved side to side, testing the boundaries quite gingerly at first by making the tornado sway under [member="Matsu Ike"]. Then, once his confidence had grown, Vulpesen started to move a few feet in each direction, forward, back, then side to side. It was a bit difficult to do, at least without losing control, but by easing himself into it, he was fairly able to manage it.

[member="Vulpesen"]

There he goes, starting to get it before she had a small grin on her face for what they were doing and had set up here. Testing the force energies until the jedi master was sure he wasn't going to be lose control now. Where she could go as she sat a little and crossed her legs under her when she was sitting there in the sotmr that spun around them. Until she was letting more of the energies come off of her now. SHe didn't wonder about it but here in the desert of the world they could do a lot while she felt the sun on her face. "You are doing good Vulpesen but remember to breathe. Allow the force to tell you what it wants your body to do instead of trying to force it or shape it."

Slowly, he increased the range of movement, causing the Tornado to dance across the desert, whipping up sand and kicking it into the air while he stood in place. Upon the words of his fellow Master, Vulpesen let a hiss of air run through his nostrils and started to regulate his breathing. The last thing he needed was to pass out while trying to keep this vortex moving. As for letting the force lead the way, that was something he was quite familiar with, doing it almost by second nature. "Its definitely getting easier. I can't decide though if the hardest part is starting it, or keeping it from going out of control."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Both." She said it while she was looking at him and sitting there in the air. Prepared fr anything and maintaining the control over it and what she would be able to do in case he faltered. She knew how to stop them quickly and better yet how to really work to protect them. "I find both is usually the answer in some cases with the more exotic arts within the force. I have been working to try and build up what I have been doing for now, seeing where it and the force would take me." She had worked on many other things and aspects of the force as well. "Beyond this equipment, I have looked to see what we would be able to do with the force when it comes to construction and energy."

"Fair enough." Up to this point, Vulpesen had focused on the basics. Sure he was powerful, and for certain he had more than a few tricks up his sleeve, but at the end of the day, all he had truly done was found new ways to do old things with few exceptions. This was an entirely different beast, something he had never quite practiced. That being said, there was something about it that felt natural, like he was supposed to do this.

More and more, the storm started to rise, now building on itself with Vulpesen only acting to guide and contain it. "You'll be seeing a lot then. Last I checked, the force's capacity to construct was limitless. It's only our abilities to control it that are limited." Moving his hands to the side, the zorren attempted to move the dust devil he had created. It tugged and tore at his focus, like trying to lead a bucking nerf, but he hadn't lost control just yet.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him and she looked at the storm but she offered a gift.. memories and something that she had been able to see. "Oh master Vulps.... you have no idea." She was speaking of when she went to and found the bedlam... ancient force gods able to manipulate time, space and matter... bend reality to what they wanted and create or destroy... even push through time and space.... They were force users from a time when primordial force energies were raw and untapped. "I have sen some things like force gods, fought things that were locked away by force beings and encountered places where few want to believe things exist."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom