Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stick It To The Man

1. I'd rather hear your criticism than your praise.

2. You can focus on any of my writings, including timelines, blogs, factions, role-plays, etc.

3. You can focus on my ability as an Administrator here at SWRP.

4. You can bring up my past or any crappy things I've done without fear of persecution (though I may not like to hear it, but none of us ever do.)

5. No Holds Barred - just don't get so carried away that you break/violate any rules.

Lord Ghoul

L
That time you told Vulcanus (I think it was Vulcanus) that you could kill Tef. And he did. And then you raged at him. Then a certain member had to resign after trying to talk to you about it.

I just never heard your side of the story on that and it's one of those things that's bothered me.

Otherwise, huge fan the majority of the time.

Here it goes...

Tefka,

Flaws:
  • Too vague: I've discussed this and you've retorted but sometimes you try to be too straight forward that it leaves too much room for interpretation.
  • A bit too blunt: Sometimes you respond to things too bluntly. It's hard to read intention over text so sometimes it comes across as a bit knee-jerk.
  • Unpredictable: Maybe I don't know you well enough yet but you seem to react one way or the other, it's hard to tell how you might respond to something.
Suggestions:

Perhaps laying out your intentions from time-to-time, especially in response to things, can help eliminate the three above bulletins. It's just hard to tell who the man is behind the mask so-to-speak. Perhaps I'll know better the longer I've been around. Otherwise you're pretty fair and on point, and don't overwrite responses like me :)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I remember this one thread where Kaine had a giant Axe-wielding mercenary alt trying to kill your Yoda dude. You're character ran so fast in the opposite direction I couldn't help but laugh. I could just hear the: Nope nope nope nope. Haha. And all the while Ben Watts was totally dominating Darth Maul and his 7-floating-sabers technique not but a few yards away.

Best Grandmaster ever. :D

Mikhail Shorn said:
That time you told Vulcanus (I think it was Vulcanus) that you could kill Tef. And he did. And then you raged at him. Then a certain member had to resign after trying to talk to you about it.

I just never heard your side of the story on that and it's one of those things that's bothered me.

Otherwise, huge fan the majority of the time.
I actually have a huge anger management problem and let loose on the poor guy. It was a simple issue of miscommunication - I asked him to kill my character, but to let me write the ending. He wrote the ending, I was pissed, he offered to edit and I refused and just quit.

Not my finest moment.

Lord Ghoul

L
Okay, that makes sense. I think we've all had those moments a time or two. Thanks for sharing, Tef.

Sometimes I feel like you feed the trolls too much. We both know how much I enjoy discussing the board's problem children, but normally we keep that kind of stuff to private areas. When you get into trolling matches on the board, it tends to add fuel to the fire and make them feel justified in their position, even when they are most certainly not.

Like, I'll heap rep points onto those posts because they're freakin' hilarious, but it perpetuates the problem rather than addressing it.

Names omitted to protect the guilty.

[member="Tefka"]

You never did finish the thread between me and your Vong dude. I was actually looking forward to writing something with you, and for the longest while o thought I messed up in my post pr something and drove ya away. But what I do think is you need to RP.

On a server I was on during my LOA I learned that one of the owners made multiple other accounts just so he could RP without people knowing it was him. Dunno if you've done that, but I think ya should. Might help ya get into some Rp you wouldn't normally do. Less you would anyway, then ignore that.

But my one major criticism is during the whole person copy pasting your site has his own. Your anger, justified. Your actions, not. Which you did fix at the end of the day. But not before you and I were having a pleasant conversation on Skype then you banned me when you figured out it was me. I'm still not sure why you banned me (And that's a personal thing of mine) but the whole point of it is I've seen in this thread that you have done things through anger. The thing for Vulcanus, the other thing I mentioned above.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to do what ever you want. This is your site at the end of the day. But what I am saying is that you shouldn't let your anger leak into the site. People really wont do anything about it other then posts like this, but you tarnish your rep.

Of course, I ruin my rep everyday in some shape or form, so you don't even have to listen or read what I say.

Tefka said:
2. You can focus on any of my writings
I enjoyed reading your duel as Tsavong in the ToTG with Ahani, and also enjoyed seeing you in Empress Teta back in September(?) when I first joined the site and had joined the invasion as one of my first threads. Wish I could see your writing more, or even just comic stuff, because you're really good at both, but I get the constraints and all that. I never really cared about opinions of the community at large, so it never bothered me that you were with the Sith (and that's not because I joined them).

[member="Tefka"]

I think we have only thread the once, way back in old days in the Repubs. You had gathered Jedi together to form the Covenant. I enjoyed that thread, especially the metaphors you used with the branches and twigs and things. I like metaphor, it give more image to a post.

Javik Quar-Kai said:
[member="Tefka"]

I miss your Vong Character... He was a poster boy for OS that could not be replaced.

He was fun. I miss him too. I'm an avid Yuuzhan Vong fan - he's not the first Yuuzhan Vong character I've written (3rd!) and I'd wager he won't be the last. My time in OS was fun, mainly because of all you crazy people and the stuff you think up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom