Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellaris - Releases 5/9

Bunker-level Normal
I expect balance will be a big part of the next few patches. They're going to keep tweaking things (as they should) until they hit upon a good balance between entertainment and simulation.

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Soeht"]
Late game lag is a big problem, even if you have a beastly gaming machine.

I did an observe run through to 2400 and the game fairly stutters even at fastest speeds.
2350 and the game has significantly slowed down for me.

Though I imagine this will be fixed in future patches. Biggest issue I have with this game (and one that's easily modded away, but still) is the interface. Lists (ships, planets, sectors) are horrible, the galaxy/planet views, etc. A lot of time is spent finding stuff in a menu.

Valiens Nantaris said:
the scrollbars are annoying
I didn't even realize certain menus were scroll-able until halfway through my run.

Also, kind of disappointed that my galaxy looks like it has only one Fallen Empire. Luckily, it was near me so it makes things interesting. Currently planning to eventually invade it (assuming the unbidden or droid revolution or w/e doesn't happen before this).

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Are the Unbidden susceptible to abuse of long range weaponry and torpedos?

Or Evade-capped Corvette spam?

The above two things make combat pretty trivial late game. They don't work great against players but AI just collapse.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
Tool up with lances and lasers on your battleships.

They use matter disintigrators which can't be shot down by point defence sadly.

If you want a wave of corvettes to go first, use shield disruptors to knock out their shields for your battleships to maul.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I was more talking that the combat system is flawed when a Corvette with capped evade has better damage mitigation/Effective HP than a defensively focused battleship.

Except against missile weapons, so there's that.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
Except against missile weapons, so there's that.
Slip in a few corvettes with point defense and it's GG from there.

And at 2380, found out there's an absolute max to your fleet - 1000. Looks like Zerging the Fallen Empire I want to invade will take a while.

I literally have no regrets.

f71e0d869fdf6bce4c36ce7899733980.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom