Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction State of the Jedi, an Open Forum [ Open to All Jedi ]

The Light that Banishes the Dark
A'Sura's eyes looked around. Listening to the words of the other Jedi. Listening on to their reasons, arguments, and concerns. Many of them are sharing some great points and ideas. And few having understanding as a whole to the situations; a situation that needs to be done. He has heard enough and decided to voice his concerns.

He stood from his seat and expressed his concerns."Jedi Knight, A'Sura Den. I kept quiet and listened to what everyone has to say. I have no plan or suggestion. I do have is concerns and to give a reminder. I felt grief, fear, and anger in this meeting. To those who are concerned with the Jedi heading to a warpath with the Sith. I understand your worry. For Jedi going to war, peacekeepers acting like soldiers are bit of hypocritical. But, this is something that NEEDS to be done. And to those who are planning to fight the Sith. I want to be clear, you have my support. BUT many Jedi from past Orders have left due to many reasons but the most common; Losing our way. So please don't lose the way of the Jedi and become TOO militant."

A'Sura wanted to be clear on his concern and want people to be reminded of from bits of the past. For the past matters and we cannot repeat past mistakes.

"Just speaking out what needed to be said."A'Surei Den sat back down and listened to what others have to say

Aldric

A
The Jedi going to war. It didn't sit well at all with Aldric. All his heart yearned for were new frontiers; to find the secrets of the stars and to see what has never been seen before. However, he recognized those desires to be selfish. The life of a Jedi was not to be led in self-service, it was a matter of sacrifice, whether it be the dream of far off stars or the comfort of reclusion. It meant a lot to him to see Master Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill ready to sacrifice his solitude on Hoth to lead the Jedi against the threats to the Light and to life itself.

"We cannot stand divided in these trying times. Separate, but united." the vocoder in his breathing mask amplified his quiet and raspy voice. Nonetheless, he felt meek under the gaze of the collected Jedi. He was just barely a master, elevated to the rank mere weeks before.

He looked to Master Avo Avo , as he stepped forward, nodding in agreement, then he looked to Master Quill, bringing his hand to the breath-mask that covered his mouth before moving it forward and down towards the hermit.

"I support the notion that Master Quill has put forward. A council to lead the defence of the Light against the darkness is our best bet of coordinating the defence of the Light. The threat to our way of life comes in many forms and so too must we make sure to use the diversity of our many Orders." he nodded to Caedyn Arenais.

The speech Master Alana Sunrider had given had only worked to further rouse anxiety in the Jedi. He was not used to the structure of militaries. He never came to the Jedi to be a soldier or a peacekeeper, but he needed to put aside his reservations, if not for himself then for the people who looked to the Jedi as their protectors. Even so, the details nearly made his head spin as he listened.

His shoulders dropped a little as he took in air to speak again.

"As much as it pains me I agree with Master Sunrider." his voice was hoarse as he spoke the words. "Without coordination, the defence of the innocents who look to us to protect their way of life will ultimately be limited and insufficient. We can facilitate this defence, but that effort will have to come from a concord of more than one guiding hand."

Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar Elise Shira Varanin Spirit of Hope Spirit of Hope Agrippa Agrippa A'Sura Den A'Sura Den

The ever-present click of his walking stick against the smooth floor followed Heliobas into the Temple. He entered the chamber somewhat late for the meeting, arriving not long before Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill presented his findings to the assembly.

The fraudulent mystic was, as usual, attempting to hide something. But this time he was not so successful. He was bleeding raw grief into the Force, whether he realized it or not. The one thing saving him was the sheer weakness of his connection, the faintness of his power.

Heliobas raised his eyes from the floor, searching for a familiar face in the crowd. He spotted Quill, then shrank from him, cringing as if a wound had been reopened. Turning away, he saw Avo Avo sitting and listening to the others as they gave their opinions. The sight of him also brought guilt, but of a less potent kind.

Slowly and leaning heavily against his staff, Heliobas made his way over to his side, rejoining the ranks of the Alliance Jedi.

He had been gone for some time, without leaving word of where he was or when he would return. The Jedi under the Grayson Imperium—no, now it was the Alliance—had only just begun to accept him into their ranks. Lan Graendal had welcomed Heliobas warmly into the fold, yet the old “master” had suddenly fled from them, disappearing.

During his absence, he had heard only small snatches about Kintan, the ransom of Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar , and the capture of Ryv Ryv . He did the best he could to research it, but there was only so much info that could be gleaned secondhand.

So he entered the Temple largely in ignorance, and knew better than to say anything. Except…

“You are large. You contain multitudes. Some will be soldiers, some will be peacekeepers. Regardless of our militarism or pacifism, the Sith will not stop. Given these circumstances, we have no choice but to defend ourselves where necessary. But flagrant destruction, attacking the worlds held by the Sith intending to ‘liberate’ them, or hunting for individuals who call themselves Sith… that is another matter.”

He looked at the rest of the Order. He had never met most of them, and had no wish to dictate their course of action.

“Seek your answers in meditation. Trust in the Force. Do what you are compelled to do, but analyze the source of your convictions. Search your feelings to learn what your true intentions are before you leap into war.”

Alana Sunrider Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Caedyn Arenais Shira Varanin Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari Elise Agrippa Agrippa Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia A'Sura Den A'Sura Den Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Aldric

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Jedi Temple.
Federal District, Galactic City, Coruscant.

svivren-divider-2.png

Caedyn nodded subconsciously, his thoughts on those before him and they whom offered their opinions and suggestions. Among them, he had heard of Jend-Ro Quill, though few others in the room were familiar to him. Perhaps it might have been a different story for his Father, yet Caedyn couldn't give a vote for something as important as this 'Sword of the Jedi' role merely upon face value. He couldn't help but wonder if many in this room hadn't given much thought to the Outer Rim Territories, they concerned with the Core Worlds and Mid Rim. It was natural of course, to be concerned with their own borders, however in the subject of a Galactic Crisis, where was the mention of the Outer Planets Alliance and their Council of the living Force that could provide plenty of contribution to the subject at hand.

With the discussion having returned back on topic however, and away from the previous flair of heated tones, Caedyn was once again complacent to keep his thoughts to himself. Likewise, he wasn't experienced in the current on-goings with this other Alliance, the Order of the Silver Jedi presently being the only group nearest to the Core that he had dealt with directly. All other interactions had been via The Jedi Comport; maintaining an awareness on potential assignments and news across the Jedi channels of the Holonet Community in the hope of keeping up with current events. It didn't add much to the knowledge of who was who, but he had learned of this meeting through the Comport all the same.

"I support the suggestion of Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill " Caedyn announced when there was a chance to speak his mind on those having been suggested for the role of representatives. Jend-Ro was well known to the Outer Rim Territories, and the man had often spoken out against those movements of oppressive design. It was the one and only informed decision that Caedyn could offer there, towards the role of 'Sword of the Jedi'.

Julius sighed, raking a bionic hand through carefully groomed beard that was heavily shot with silver. All these faces were new and names unheard. It would have likely been and indicator to anyone but himself that perhaps he should have left this to the pups. But though he now had age, that did not equate to wisdom in all areas. Or any. And certainly no matter how grey or white his hair went, he would always be a firebrand. He was Corellian to his bone, and his people were famous for that.

Standing from his quiet point on the fringe, the armored Battlemaster strode forward. People seem to naturally shift and not even notice him, until he stood where every eye could quietly gaze on the white and silver armor covered in the markings of the Aing-Tii, a sheen that spoke of metal and an organic shape that spoke of maybe plastoid. Strange silver tattoos twirled around his neck, and were he less armored they would cover almost all skin visible. A battered and brutal bryar pistol was absent from the holster on the right thigh plate, but a small hilt of a lightsaber rested on the right hip, dangling freely. A green robe that was almost a traditional Jedi robe went over the armor he wore, and a bloodsteel Jed-Cred dangled around his neck, a wedding band hanging next to it.

A cleared throat and a moment to allow silence to fall was all Julius let go as he spoke, hands crossed behind his back and every inch the soldier in appearance.

"Some of you know me. Some don't. Julius Sedaire. I've served the Republic. The Alliance. The Outer Rim Coalition. Corellia. I've been a general. A warden. A statesman. A grandmaster. A Rebel. And that's all i'm going to say about my resume in front of so many fine, upright folk. I admire you, all and one, for your conviction. For your desire to actually do something.... My compliments to Master Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga on stoking that.

I don't know any of you well enough to speak to suitability for roles. But I will speak my piece on other things now. A Jedi is not non-violent. Peaceful does not mean non-violent. So do not cast distaste at those of us who give of ourselves so you may have your meditation gardens. Ours is a symbiotic twining, and neither is present without the other. Nor one view superior morally over the next Order's. Some of you I've heard would do well with less hand wringing and side-eyed glances and moral admonishments and more helpful actions.

I am glad to be here. And as a Battlemaster, I will offer any of you in this room training in any form of combat. Whether you garden or are a Guardian. And I will happily lend my experience to any Council in need. My only urging is to respect the autonomy and sovereign nature of all the Governments and Orders you interact with. Most collectives of Jedi that attempt to be over-arching fail because they expect one ruleset for all. The 'verse is just too big for that to be practical or possible.

Now... I ask you, most esteemed assemblage... If we are done talking... What are we to do??"

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

C O R U S C A N T
Tag: Ryv Ryv

Everything was feeling... rushed. The Sith had been around a long time, and the Jedi had been fighting a long time. There were a lot of other threats, too, that they'd been working hard to push back. She felt that Master Morga's heart was very much in the right place here, but would the others accept his choices for those who would manage these conflicts, especially considering all of them primarily worked with the unified Jedi Order...

Politics hurt her brain. The biology of purgills was easier to understand.

The padawan had been at the meeting rather early, but she'd been silent the entire time, not even whispering to Ryv, who was sitting beside her. Though she often thought of herself as an idealist, she had nothing on the kiffar. This particular situation probably wouldn't go fantastic if either of them stood up to speak. But maybe... just maybe...

"Get up and say something," she said, nudging Ryv with her elbow. "Master Morga needs a bit of support. And if you're going to be the Sword of the Jedi, you'll need to show that you can lead." As much as she didn't want him to be burdened with even more responsibility, she gave an encouraging smile. "Tell them about your dream. Your vision."

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv sat beside Auteme in silence, away from the majority of the order. Before his abduction, he'd of taken up a position beside Wyatt, hoping to maintain the appearance of unity. Things changed for the kiffar since his disappearance and subsequent torture at the hands of the Sith, but he knew now more than ever the Jedi should act. No longer could they remain disjointed in their battle, whether the others accepted it or not, the Jedi of the galaxy had to come to some kind of understanding. Already, the unification efforts proved fruitful. With the Alliance and Republic's adoption of their order to represent the Jedi among their territory, the Jedi Order had established already they could work with others. Kintan, Byss, Brentaal IV; all operations the unification effort had a hand in, in one way or another.

He decided on arrival to remain silent and listen, not interject, and put his opinions at the forefront of the discussion. Auteme's words roused him from that mindset. He looked over to the other padawan, squeezing her hand with his weakly. "Alright, I'm going to uh- do that, I guess. Wish me luck, babe," he released her hand and stood up. He took a deep breath, looking out at the backs of many Jedi, his friends and family, who he hid away from since his escape from Sith space. He wanted to approach them, smile with them, laugh with them, and tell them everything he'd seen on Concord Dawn and Dromuund Kas, but it wasn't time yet. It was time for decisive action above all else.

"Hey there, folks," Ryv cleared his throat, waving to the crowd. He carried himself casually, his father's leather jacket hanging over his shoulders, though his forearms were visible for the first time. Those closest to him, such as Aaran Tafo or Auteme, would know how uncomfortable it made him even to discuss what sat beneath the jacket sleeves for so long, but it appeared that discomfort had passed. Scars of various shapes and sizes crisscrossed his flesh, marking the plethora of tools used to rip, tear, and slice into his flesh during the months beneath Lord Cyggy's watchful eye. He'd bulked up a bit from the training beneath Mandalorian Alor, Jocko Horn Jocko Horn , and his allies. Within the force, those who knew the kiffar would likely recognize whatever hardships he had faced managed to help repair the fractured connection that held him back for so long, revealing the true strength of will he exuded within the mystical power.

Approaching Wyatt, Ryv deviated momentarily and stepped up to Lanik. The tight-lipped frown the kiffar wore broke immediately into a wide grin as he reached out to take the Jedi's forearm firmly. "Lanik, I'm so glad to see you're doing alright, man. In my darkest moments, I thought of how you handled it all. You didn't give up, so I couldn't either, man. It just wouldn't do," Ryv released the brawnier Jedi before turning back to Wyatt. The kiffar took his customary position beside his master and turned to face the gathered Jedi.

"Before I begin, I want to apologize to you all. When I escaped capture, Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt eventually found me hiding out on Concord Dawn. He brought me to Tython at my request to heal. Everything that happened was a bit too much for me, I think. This Order is more than an organization to me. You guys are my family. I've spent so much time rebuilding Peace, training, and fighting the good fight beside so many of you. I couldn't come home to you all broken and afraid. I don't know if I'm ready yet to really be a Jedi, but I think a lot of us aren't," Ryv paused as he searched for his next words, looking over the gathered to familiarize himself with those who came to this mass discussion. "I think there is a part of us all that fears what can happen to one another in the case of fighting. Those beside us aren't just are friends anymore. They are our brothers and sisters. You cannot spend day in and day out beside someone without coming to understand and love them as you would a brother, sister, or father," the kiffar's eyes immediately met those of Caedyn's.

Ryv didn't know the extent of the stories, but he'd heard of the man's late father. Veiere Arenais received many titles in his life, but one they all could agree on was Jedi. Very few could claim to serve the light faithfully in their final moments. Much like Caedyn, Ryv had lost his father in the fight against the dark side. He understood the weight of legacy and the desire to live up expectations, whether they were put on him by others or himself.

"I uh- I can't speak for myself on Wyatt's declaration, I feel it be bias and unfair. I can, however, talk about the matters of the Sith and Bryn'adûl. I've faced true atrocities caused by each of these groups: Kintan, Lanik's kidnapping, my own. None of it called for, all of it done by purely evil people for evil's sake. The Bryn'adûl are no different, burning planets to ash and slaughtering billions due to their xenophobic beliefs. These are just two examples of all the awful stuff going on out there. We can't sit idle any more, preaching non-violence in the name of keeping the peace. We've gotta take up arms and bring the fight to them," Ryv's hand slipped to his side where he subconsciously pressed his thumb against the Sith's saber he laid claim to weeks prior. "This isn't a draft or demand for war. Jedi, like Master Morga, Lanik, and myself, are willing to fight. We are willing to stand beside the Republic, the Alliance, and the Silver Jedi Order on the front lines, but that doesn't mean others can't do their part. Healers, sages, and scholars are vital to not only our orders as a whole, but the health of the galaxy. Those few who can peer beyond the present can guide us with their exceptional gifts. Our healers can overcome the wounds that slow not only us but also the soldiers we claim as our allies or the people broken by the might of the darkness."

Ryv halted his speech momentarily, looking beyond the crowd of Jedi to lock eyes with Auteme. His dream guided him every day, it pushed him to do the right thing, and he feared its rejection. He feared disapproval at for chasing what so many thought to be impossible, but he couldn't allow himself to live in fear. Others claimed to be inspired by his beliefs, as he too felt inspired by Wyatt and his comatose master, Cedric. Ryv took a deep breath, brushing loose strands of hair from his face before continuing.

"I want, more than anything else, to stand side by side with each of you guys. I want to stem the evergrowing darkness with the light of our combined efforts. I want to push it back. So many suffer beneath the likes of the Sith Empire. I believe we can free those people and shed the light of hope on others out there, just as we did at Kintan, but we-" Ryv would pause, motioning to Wyatt. "We need your help. We need to put aside the fear of titles, of unification, and stepping out of line. There is no line anymore. The galaxy is in chaos, and we are all that stands before it's utter destruction. If we can come together here, we can come together anywhere. The Outer Rim, the Core, the Mid Rim, they all need our help now. Lets set aside these differences, take up the fight for not only our separate groups, but those people who need us. Its the only way we can truly bring the change we all want, guys."

Ryv took a deep breath and looked to Wyatt, offering his master a smile. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner, master."

Weather: Nice and sunny
Objective: Make a point
Sebastain had received the call like every other jedi present today and originally he was thinking about not coming with the amount of light sided energy present at this summit however instead he decided he would come along and see what the jedi were finally going to do about all the chaos across the galaxy. He arrived and listened for as long as he could watching several people he didn't recognise stand and say their piece then sit. However towards the end he was starting to think on his own.

This place they were in looked much like the old jedi temple he had heard existed centuries ago well before his time. The jedi had been one unified force but times had been different then, there wasn't a sith empire to fight. There was no issues in the galaxy and so the jedi had grown stagnant in a place like this and then they had made the same mistakes time and time again. Deciding they knew what was best for people who didn't have force powers, that all sith were inherently evil because they wielded the darkside.

So Sebastian stood and spoke up "You call for people to lead you against the Sith and these monsters, the Bryn'adul because they are evil. The Bryn'adul are monsters because you can't understand them, yes they genocide people and teraform planets to their needs but maybe they are trying to run from something or are attempting to save the galaxy from something only they have prophesied. Maybe whoever leads them is the one to blame and yet like the jedi of old we paint them all with one brush."

He continued carefully keeping his voice steady. He hated talking in front of crowds but sometimes someone needed to voice their opinions. "You call the sith evil because they draw on the dark side. However it is by that same rhetoric that the original grey orders were formed and yet they managed to keep themselves contained, the same with many others who dabble in the dark without falling to understand the sith. But all of them must be evil? Is this the path of the jedi forever to deal with definiteness when sometimes not everything is black and white. Wasn't that how in the histories how the galactic empire came to be?"

He then finished it up looking over them all "I don't understand why it is jedi must think themselves at the centre of the conflict when you also marginalise people simply because they are caught under sith occupation. Not all sith are bad, some simply don't know any other way because instead of showing them, someone from the unified jedi order put their lightsabre through them because they were sith. The Silver Jedi Order who call me a member and master, I could not see them supporting such an effort after the amount of masters and members we have had over the years who have fallen to the dark only to return because someone was brave enough to believe. The jedi should allow governments to do as they always have for their people only intervening should the government be negatively affecting their people, nor should the jedi count themselves as soldiers. Instead we have always been peace keepers, on occasion that means enforcing the peace but that does not give us the right to rule governments and tell them to raise armies. All we can do is advise and hope for volunteers."

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Oh dude, don't do this to yourself," Ryv muttered before shifting his attention from Wyatt to Sebastian. The kiffar wanted to hear what others had to say; it made the call to attention worth it. Unfortunately, there were some people who either half-listened or focused on pushing their rhetoric on these matters. In this case, he had no idea what the Jedi Master who addressed the masses intended. "I'm gonna go ahead and take this one, Wyatt. See if I can talk a bit of sense into the dude, maybe make him a bit more conscious of everything we're saying. It seems like he only caught a bit of what we're even saying," he whispered to the master beside him before taking a few steps forward. He offered a smile to some of the nearby Jedi, taking a moment to nod to Master Quill among it all.

"So uh, I didn't catch your name, which kinda sucks, but I'm Ryv. It's cool to meet you," a grin leaped onto the kiffar's face as he made eye contact with Sebastian. "It's great to see so many speaking up. We all must be heard with these sorta things, but I think we need to be on the same page with the conversation as well. Maybe Wyatt or I messed up along the way in how we spoke, but we don't want to put all these folks to the blade. I've faced them in battle. It wasn't a matter of corrupt commanders or some tyrant presiding over them. From the warlords to the grunts, they enjoyed killing the residents of the planets they conquered. I haven't fought them all, so I can't say for sure what to be the truth, but they are not a species doing this to survive. They are doing this because they believe in bringing extinction to the galaxy," he paused to let that sink in among the onlookers. A tinge of frustration tickled the back of Ryv's mind as he said all this. He wanted to bring peace to these people as well, perhaps carve a place in the galaxy for them without warfare, but he'd seen them in action. He witnessed dozens of their drones ripping into a man, tearing apart flesh and bone in a way that did not end it quickly. He'd seen men and women suffer at the hands of these genocidal monsters for nothing more than suffering's sake.

"As for the Sith, I'm right there with you. If we can redeem them and bring them back from the darkness, we should. Not only could they face a proper trial among the Republic or Alliance, but they could also help make amends for all they'd done wrong. Imagine the message it sends if the Dark Lord himself saw the error in his beliefs. So many others could face redemption, but I think in some cases, it's just not possible. I witnessed innocent civilians pulled into dark alleys by Sith on Dromuund Kaas. These people were beaten within inches of their life and left for dead among the trash. No one here is calling the Sith evil for drawing on the dark side. I am calling the Sith, who willingly use their code to justify murder, slavery, and ethnic genocide as evil. Look at Mandalore or Ession. Both planets were put to the blade, their people rounded up in slave labor camps, sold off to criminals of the galaxy, or outright executed to send a message. Hell, I spent the last six months tortured weekly in a Mandalorian prison camp by a deranged Sith Lord," he pulled his jacket off and dropped it to his side.

Not only were the kiffar's arms scarred heavily, but when he revealed the flesh of his abdomen and chest, so too did he disclose an abundance of markings. It appeared as if some areas of his skin had even met a flaying knife, peeled back, and left to heal at risk of infection slowly. He dropped the shirt once more before picking the jacket up and tucking it beneath his arm.

"I guess, to correct your rhetoric again, we aren't just murdering Sith, man. None of us are out for Sith scalps. When Master Morga faced Darth Voyance on Kintan, he tried to sway her back to the light, even while she fought tooth and nail to cut him down. And for the folks under Sith occupation, we're not really marginalizing them either. We want to free these folks, give them a choice to join groups like the Silver Jedi Order, Republic, the Alliance, or be on their own. If we can best them without burning down their cities and killing the Imperial troopers, I know we'd all strive for that," he reached up and pinched the bridge of his nose. "And we aren't trying to direct any of the governments on expansion or warfare. Yes, we want to work side by side with them to help the people trapped beneath the rule of tyranny. In the same way we're having this conversation, we want to offer advice to ensure as many lives are saved as possible. The Republic and the Alliance have agreed to work with us because we have no intention of telling them how to work."

Ryv took a step back after addressing all the points raised, rubbing both of his eyes.

"But who is to say who has done wrong and who hasn't?"

Even before she knew she'd spoken, her voice slightly cracked from an innate sense of self doubt, she had stepped forward and postured herself defiantly. As quickly as she'd spoken, her entire body responding to the surprise, she drew in a sharp breath and fought with the urge to retreat back to her place behind those who were already speaking.

Those thoughts were not without an accompanying recollection of the words of her former master, of even her own opinions on the matters being discussed. For what she felt was minutes she stood there practically listening to her voice echo through the room though it only resounded incessantly inside her own head.

"I apologize for my," she paused to stop herself from sputtering on her own intentions and manners. "For my impulsiveness. My master used to tell me something time and time again during his time training me. Something that I only really think I can understand now as I'm listening to all of your varying opinions.

Why do we do as so many others do in determining anothers guilt based upon the actions of the whole? Who are we to say that some of these supposed Sith and even these monsters aren't just doing what they think is right? Is it the Jedi's place to act as a judge for the actions and opinions of others? Or is it a Jedi's place to patiently observe until the right course of action presents itself?"

As she spoke, her voice slowly losing the doubt that clung to it, she glanced about the various faces that filled the audience hall. First to Master Morga, then to Caedyn, and then around to each other that had spoken in turn with the supports inserted by Ryv. It was when her words had finally sunk in to her own recent memory that she took a few moments to really try to collect herself.

"Everyone here has their own beliefs, their own ideas, on how one should act as a Jedi. Until these last few weeks I didn't even know what it meant to be a Jedi outside of what I've witnessed from my peers and the things I've read in what records I've had access to. What good do we actually do if we decide others fates before we actually know the reasons?" Another pause and she let her voice trail into her own silence as she took a step back, every inch of her body attempting to shake off the feeling that she may have completely overstepped.

"Aren't we supposed to protect and guardian those who cannot defend themselves? What if some of them can't defend themselves against those who lead them."

Her final thought rang quietly into the air as she withdrew herself back a few feet and likely only on the ears of those closest to her. What did she hope to convey to the rest of them?

Perhaps her masters words were just that. Words.

The prospect of unworthiness was a frightening one.

It was a monster he'd fought for the majority of his adult life: an upbringing that demanded greatness tended to breed such psychological ticks. In the effort to avoid irrelevance and loss of purpose, the Essonian had dedicated his life toward governance and godly action, and that had eventually culminated in the forging of the Imperium.

The core had been tamed, the people civilized, and the Sith driven out from the galactic center. Dreams of grandeur had followed, and been swiftly dashed by the unfortunate happenstance of Cedric having stood in the wrong place when a building decided to stop being a building. Then came the coma - the second he'd been graced with in his relatively short life - and changes. The Imperium as he knew it before his injuries was gone, replaced with something that resembled the Republic more than the efficient war machine he'd intended to forge. Some of the former lords and those in the military had immediately renewed their oaths of loyalty, but Cedric's heart was with the people. If they voted to retain the current organization, and he expected they would, then his position would be one of symbolism and little more.

Even so, rallying the people against the Sith into a state of total war was near impossible without executive powers. Stripped of his divinely ordained purpose, the Essonian would have to find another means to bring the Sith Empire to its knees. The people of Ession demanded it.

He took care not to inform his friends and compatriots that he would be attending. Unsure of his current position in the galaxy, Cedric thought it better to observe from a detached position, at least for now. He was a little low on the energy right now anyway. Indulgence in Balmoraan Bluesky tended to have that effect.

Careful to keep himself a bit hunched so as to not draw away from the discussions, Cedric crept his way into the meeting chamber. He was clad in the traditional robes of the Essonian Grandmasters - it wasn't a title he'd earned, but given the fact that all the other Essonian Knights were long dead, he felt he'd earned the right to wear the ancestral garb. The helm that hid his face didn't hurt either - all the easier to eavesdrop unhindered.

It seemed a standard Jedi debate. Good points were made, some naysayers dragged the proceedings, and others brought up doctrinal issues that had kept the Order shattered and weak for nearly two decades. Jedi were not pacifists, and despite what some believed, had a history as soldiers. The only true means to combat war was war itself, and that was an unfortunate terrible truth that every Jedi here would have to come to terms with before the Sith empire could even begin to be driven back.

As Ryv Ryv was announced for the position of Sword of the Jedi, Cedric allowed himself to believe that they very well might come to understand the reality of their situation. His padawan had grown from the foolish boy he'd been at the beginning of his tutelage - though Cedric sorely wished he could have devoted more time to direct training. Perhaps he could make up for that now.

Torn between speaking up in support of his student and feeling as if he did not have the place to speak in this conclave, Cedric remained silent.

Chiara Viren

C
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chiara’s days were often full, as a healer, her task was never done; but when her fellow Jedi called she always tried her best to answer, and wasted no time in making her way to Coruscant. Throughout most of the proceeding, the fire-manned Knight observed. The atmosphere in the room was overwhelming and thick with tension and differing opinions.

For a long time, Chiara had remained tight lipped, but finally inhaled and pushed off of the chamber wall, her violet gaze falling softly on the young woman who’d spoken up, “This isn’t a crusade of vengeance,” she spoke gently, it was too kindly spoken to be a reproof, but too carefully worded not to be. Her eyes turned to the others, “My name is Chiara Viren, some of you might know me, most of you probably do not. Regardless, I believe we are standing in a moment of profound darkness, in a moment where we need to be joining hands, working together, standing shoulder to shoulder, more than ever before. As a healer, it goes against every fiber of my being to take a life, but even I understand that justice is often a double edged sword. For every moment we sit still, another child is left orphaned. Who will they blame, then? The Bryn’adul for doing what is seemingly part of their nature? Or the Jedi, who could have done something, but did nothing? And who will the dark side claim, then? Who fights to protect the future of the innocent, if not us? Letting things go on unchecked, can lead to far worse atrocities that we may not be equipped to deal with when the time comes, because we were too blind in our own self-righteous hubris to do what was necessary. For that reason, I place my support for the suggestions made by Master Morga and Master Quill, as well as my abilities as a healer at their disposal."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga | Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita | Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar | Auteme Auteme | Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia | Elise | Caedyn Arenais | Aldric | Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Salamander Salamander | Shira Varanin | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | A'Sura Den A'Sura Den | Agrippa Agrippa | Avo Avo | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari | P Placeholder 0128 | Ryv Ryv

Last edited by a moderator:

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Jedi Temple.
Federal District, Galactic City, Coruscant.

svivren-divider-2.png

As a Je'daii Journeyer under the tutelage of Lief Lief , Caedyn had been taught to respect the balance in the Force. He had not only been taught that without the Dark there could be no light, but he had also been taught how to practice the Darkside. Unlike most Jedi present, Caedyn imagined that he was probably alone in this sense. The Je'daii were not of the same ideologies as the Jedi, and this past upbringing was what separated Caedyn not only from the standard Jedi training, but also his Father's experience as a Jedi.

The Je'daii learned to live with all aspects of the Force, learned to value the flow of energies that were bound together, forming the one singular presence that connected all living things. This did not mean that Caedyn agreed with the actions of the Sith Empire of course, they had occupied Commenor for over a year and were responsible for Veiere's death. What it did mean for the young Knight however, was that he could see where the others were coming from when speaking of these Dark Siders who might not be quite as dangerous and vile as others were led to believe. Generalizing wasn't a reliable basis of which to understand the motives and minds of others...

Those Sith whom would enter into conflict with the Jedi would likely do so willingly however, and Caedyn didn't feel there was a need to further aggravate them. If the Jedi were able to stand in anticipation and react to defend, rather than going on the attack and instigating the fight, then that would further enable them to minimize any collateral damage, avoiding unnecessary deaths.

Trying to express the ideologies and perspectives of the Je'daii Order's teachings to a congregation of so many experienced Jedi, wasn't something that Caedyn believed would be understood or tolerated. He had learned that Jedi could be extremely steadfast in what they believed to be permacrete truths, with little room for lenience or sway. It was because of this, and not wishing to impose on the Outer Planet Alliance's image, that Caedyn did not speak up further.

One thing he did agree, was that the Jedi were not right to judge others. To impose ones will or beliefs over others went against the core values of both Orders that he had trained and worked alongside. Peace keepers, stewards of Democracy and advocates for civil rights and humanitarian justice, that's what he believed was their responsibility. He would fight to defend, but he would not go starting a war under someone else's orders. That was for Soldiers.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill had chosen to leave the meeting, and Caedyn hadn't failed to notice this. For whatever reasons, the Jedi Master seemed to believe that the promise of this session had been concluded. Honestly, from what Cae was seeing, their time ahead would be taken up with the sharing and debating of opinions. Everyone enjoyed talking shop, but it was difficult to tell whether or not there was a majority here that agreed on any specific action to take, just that something needed to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Light Shining in Darkness
Moral absolution.”, Wyatt seemed to offer those gathered with a softness that spoke of sadness.​
His steps took him about to the center of the collection - as hundreds were seated around them; sparsely and densely based on their beliefs and comforts. There were many there that held a belief that Wyatt found unfounded - but he could not blame them for thinking. The Jedi Code had been lost, over and over, to a thousand interpretations that left the vast majority of Jedi in an odd place.​
Many of you speak of making no judgement - that understanding our enemy as people comes first before anything else.”, the Jedi Master repeated back their point to them as he walked about.​
But none of you propose how we would do such a thing.”, he frowned.​
Do you intend to bring the Sith to a diplomatic meeting, and ask them kindly to cease their expansion, genocide, and systematic consolidation of various galactic cultures? That they kindly give back what they stole from their pillages into the core?”, Wyatt asked firmly.​
This idea so many of us have - that we should only react; and react with hands tied. Evil does not need to beat a good man to win - it just needs a good man to do nothing; and that applies now more than ever.”, he furrowed his brow as he spoke, finding his way back to the seat he had taken near the center of the forum.​
We can be good - morally just and profound without acting like the only route is complete defense, or passive acceptance. Many of you would have the Jedi stand on the corpses of billions, and plead with them that we did the ‘right thing’ by letting the Sith continue to kill them. That letting them die was the good thing to do.”​
If I’m honest, I find that thought sickening. We are peacekeepers, and we are Jedi, but we need to protect the galaxy - like our ancestors before us, and the progenitors before them. Containing the Sith, free’ing those subjugated to their rule, and ceasing the genocide of their people should be paramount - we can’t freeze in terror at the mere thought of casualities, and act like that alone justifies us letting more die.”​
Wyatt sighed as he moved to stand in front of his seat once more.​
That is why this will be a volunteer effort. For those willing to join with The Jedi Order in striking back against the Sith with the cooperation of the Core Goverments, we appreciate your sacrifice and we will do all we can to provide for you.”​
For those that choose not to… Then I can hold no judgement. Every Jedi has a right to act, as they do to not; but the dead and dying won’t wait for us to make a choice. A Sword of the Jedi will be elected, the Chancellors of the Republic and Alliance will be given our advisement on the Dark Side, and the danger of the Sith, and the Jedi will march to the beat of a War Drum once again.”​
For those we failed to save on Ession, Mandalor, Concord Dawn, and a thousand more planets. For everyone who would fall beneath the Imperial bootheel - and everyone who has. Stand with me if you would fight for the children of those we failed - and drive back the Darkness as only the light knows how.”​
With that, Wyatt lifted his hand in the air, and the air began to swirl with the Force; just as he had done for Peace - a beckoning energy came through the room in droves. There would a confidence in it - his own aura passed through them as they could feel his emotions, his gentle reassurement, and the assuredness of what was to come. Wyatt had confidence in the future of the Jedi - he just needed them to as well.​

The fog of uncertainty was breached just long enough to stir the Essonian from his internal debate. It seemed the same old argument that had often held the Jedi back from action was working its way toward hampering the proceedings once again. Wyatt had a good handle on it - they'd either fight and die to halt the advance of the Sith, or wait and die once the Sith arrived at their doorstep with even more resources at their disposal.

To Cedric, anyone with a slightly functioning brain would understand they needed to act.

"I stand with you," Cedric's voice was a crackling thing, heavily modulated by his helmet as it was. He had little desire for any of those gathered to hear the harsh whisper that his natural voice had devolved into, or even to speak to begin with. The act was a painful one, but Wyatt needed a bit of vocal backing. The naysayers needed to go. "The Sith will continue to push no matter what we do. Deliberation at this point is stupid and illogical. Speaking against war is denying reality - it's a delusion."

He turned partly to address the room, though he didn't have much to say. "If you don't want to fight that's your prerogative, but debating philosophy and arguing the morality of the situation is only going to get more people killed. There isn't any morality here. That's the unfortunate nature of war, and as the Jedi of the past came to understand that engaging in the unpleasantness of war was necessary to halt the spread of tyranny, so must we. Despite what we might like to believe, violence is the ultimate primal authority in this galaxy, and when our enemies engage in it we either have to as well, or we need to get on our knees, ask m'lord what he wants for dinner, and accept our new lot in life."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga | Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar | Auteme Auteme | Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia | Elise | Caedyn Arenais | Aldric Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Salamander Salamander s | Shira Varanin | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | A'Sura Den A'Sura Den | Agrippa Agrippa | Avo Avo | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari , | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari

Last edited:
Heliobas sat prodding the floor with his staff as he listened to the conversations going on around him. He watched as Ryv Ryv displayed the scars from his time in captivity, baring his flesh to his friends and fellows. As those around him metaphorically touched his wounds, the fraudulent mystic was reminded of the religious icons present in certain cultures which glorified those who endured and were reborn from torture and other such suffering.

Or rather, a voice in his head was quick to remind him of these things.

You know that history favors the strong and decisive, the voice said, speaking with the familiar tones of his alter ego, the anthropologist and archaeologist Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok . Even in the case of the Mandalorian Wars, few would dare to claim that it was not a worthy cause. The Order decried those who left to fight, but it was on the grounds of what such destruction would do to an untested generation’s souls. Not because they truly believed they should sit on their hands and do nothing. And they were right, for Revan and Malak were turned by the endless tides of battle, swept away by the deaths of millions…

Heliobas smiled to himself as the voice continued to prattle on, giving a history lesson that no one else could hear. He had yet to completely shed Nimdok's personality.

But then the voice sobered and began prodding him with questions.

You know all this, and yet you don’t want them to go to war with the Sith. Is it because you predict many will fall to the Dark Side, as Revan and Malak did?

Yes. But also because I cannot fight as they do. I am not a warrior, a healer, or a guardian. I am only a pretender.
If war did break out, the chances were high he would have to leave soon after he returned, departing once again for the Outer Rim to live as Nimdok and raise the archaeologist's daughter Miri in relative peace, away from the brutal violence that would break out among the space wizards.

I see. Nimdok’s response was thoughtful. And what about Miri? Do you still think I should send her to Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill for training, even if he is named Sword of the Jedi?

Master Quill had already taken leave of the assembly by then, having made his case. If he will take her on as a student, he would be my first choice. Though if he does go off to war, I suppose the training will fall to others less qualified...

And the new generation will be all the poorer for it.

Heliobas sighed, still listening to the argument that had broken out after the vague protestations of Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita and Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari were voiced. Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga had little patience with them.

Now he sensed the presence of P Placeholder 0128 , dull and faint and deliberately obscured, but in the chamber with the rest of them. The Jedi militant leader roused from his coma-induced torpor and put his weight behind Wyatt. He had even less patience with the opposition. Heliobas found himself pitying the young and comparatively unspoiled philosophizers among these Jedi who searched for answers in the midst of hardened warriors.

You also realize that none of this debating matters. In the end, the Force will have its way. There will be balance between Light and Dark, just as there has always been, no matter how costly the price.

I see you’ve been reading up on your Master Kreia.

Well, apathy
is death, Master Heliobas.

Be silent.

That was a third voice, cold and callous. Heliobas pressed his forehead against his staff, stricken with yet another wave of guilt and grief. For what he had done, he did not deserve to call himself a Jedi. Yet the farce must go on.

Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar | Auteme Auteme | Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia | Elise | Caedyn Arenais | Aldric | Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Shira Varanin | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | A'Sura Den A'Sura Den | Agrippa Agrippa | Avo Avo | Chiara Viren | Alana Sunrider

Last edited:

Elise

E
Elise felt her time to leave was coming near. She stood up, one concern lingering on her tongue.

"Wyatt," her voice was just as soft and sad as his own. She empathize with his struggle in this room. Neither wanted the eyes nor the weight nor the task of taking lead. Jedi were never meant to be soldiers, they were meant to be warriors-- pointed towards a threat. Or peace keepers-- sent in to find common ground and breed good will.

Jedi had proven time and time again that they struggled to organize within themselves. She didn't think it was impossible, but here at least, she did see one thing standing in the way. The very thing Wyatt had come to talk to her about on Silver Rest all those moons ago.

Leadership.

"You know as well as I that I believe we need warriors as much as gardeners. It was the Silver Jedi that drove back the sith at Kintan. It was my men in the skies, in the fort-- the streets. Countless lost on Commenor. We are generations deep into this battle for peace, working besides any and all who care to join our call. So believe me when I say we understand the urgency you speak of today."

She turned, addressing the room.

"It is as others say-- There is no right or wrong way to contribute. We will not all share the same vision. Not all people want to answer to an overarching leadership. We must understand and appreciate ones desire to be answerable to only their inner compass. Do as you feel right, it is a path I understand. However, for the Silver Jedi, we will continue to hold back the sith and work besides any who join us."

She turned, her robes rustling softly as she walked out.

After entering alongside Ryv, Maynard was uncharacteristically silent, no fanfare announcing his presence into the room. He was a nobody in the presence of these titans of the New Jedi Order. Even Ryv and Lanik towered over him with their line of accomplishments even if they might as well had been his contemporaries. He knew his place was to listen more than it was speak to hear - even if it mean't managing himself through a match of rhetoric varying from the valiant to the apathetic. Maynard was barely a Jedi - easily thrown by his emotions he was hardly able to adhere himself to the code set by it.

Stepping forward, he made his mind known. Barking out in his thick Concordian accent and the inflection of a backwater country boy he pleaded his case to the Jedi. His expression turned concerned, worried and ultimately furious at Elise's exit he shouted out.

"N- nah cmon! Ya'll- Ryv, Wyatt, Cedric...man ya'll are right! What good are we doin' out here?! The Sith Empire they're puttin' people to the sword out there and fuck- we're sittin' here talkin' about force balance and peace?! Man we gotta take the fight to the Sith like we did on Kintan! We gave em a real bloody nose, we know we can beat them! Ya'll forget...we're Jedi, people are countin' on us! We sit around twiddlin' our thumbs theres gonna be more Mandalores, more Kintans...we gotta go out and defend these people man, we gotta take the fight to the Sith! I don't care if it ain't the Jedi way -- the Jedi way also ain't standin' by to let folks get driven out either ain't it?!" Maynard spouted out in his pleading rhetoric, all but sounding the dread alarm on the threat that the Sith Empire posed.

"I'll there with whoever is gonna take the fight to the Sith-- we can only sit back here on Peace, Coruscant and Kashyyyk sippin' tea and stackin' rocks for so long before the Sith'll be there to put us down under! We gotta round up everybody, the Republic, Alliance, Silvers and ride on out. Wyatt, Cedric, Ryv, Lanik -- I'm with ya'll man ; lets go kick the shit out these damn Sith!" Maynard yelled out -- clearly riled.

"I was born on Concord Dawn ya'll...what they did there it...man you can't look me in the damn eye and tell me to wait - we gotta act now..." Saber One remarked solemnly, eventually taking in a deep breath before stepping back in line.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga | Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar | Auteme Auteme | Celendis Astraia Celendis Astraia | Elise | Caedyn Arenais | Aldric Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Salamander Salamander s | Shira Varanin | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | A'Sura Den A'Sura Den | Agrippa Agrippa | Avo Avo | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari , | Syrena Kothari Syrena Kothari

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom