Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbird Rising | Galactic Alliance

C E L E B R A T E
GADivider-Purple.png
oW5IRg0.png
Outfit: xxx
Hollis reached a hand up and readjusted the flower in her hair, and she smiled sheepishly at Justice when he asked to know the story behind her falling out of a tree at a tea festival. He was already laughing at the thought – would the actual story make it better or worse? Hollis laughed too.

"Alright so," she started. "It was on Gatalenta, and they do Skyfaring there... something that's kind of like an exercise. You suspend yourself from scaffolding using silks, but I was using a tree because that's all I had, and I really wanted to try it. Well, long story short... I wasn't as good as I thought I was." Hollis' cheeks burned a bit red, but she laughed again. "I'll show you some time, I'm much better at it now."

Things were happening around them.

There was a speech to honor those that had served the Alliance. At the bar, Jasper appeared to have... fallen off his seat? Alicio Organa Alicio Organa was now standing alone, the Mirialan she'd seen him standing arm and arm with was now on stage, accepting something from Master Noble. And was Kyell Laysel also standing alone now? What in the force was going on here?

< "Is everything... okay?"> Hollis asked, in Kyell's mind.

Justice might have noticed her looking in his Kyell's direction, and Hollis didn't want to be rude. "Oh, sorry. Kyell speaks telepathically... so I was just checking in on him. But yes, let's get a drink."

Jos came to a halt by the snack table and turned to face the woman who approached him. His emty visors studied her calmly as he carefully opened a part of his rebreather and slid a piece of food through, before closing it up again. The rebreather hissed as it evacuated any oxygen that managed to get through.

"A pleasure to meet you, master Zhea. I am Jos Krayt. Representative for the Enclave for today. It seems only right that we show our support to our allies." He answered with a warm tone as he snuck another cocktail sausage past the rebreather and closed it up.

"On that note, the temple is breathtaking, Master Jedi. I must convey my admiration to your council too. I have business to discuss with them anyway, it is only fair to congratulate them on restoring this monument to its former glory." A great smile beamed through his voice as his expressionless visor watched her. "So you are a knight? Do you have any padawans as of yet? It is rather amusing. A few years ago I had a chance to be exactly where you are now." He chuckled with a light heart as he walked with her through the crowd.

Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

Amani took the gem carefully in hand, as if it were her most prized possession. Which, it may as well have been. The sapphire represented her step into a new role, one which was itself representative of her entire life's work. Not to mention, it was a gift from a close friend. She looked across the crowd once more, nodding appreciatively to the various cheers and claps, giggling and waving at Iris' enthusiastic celebration, then finally settling over on the Count at Valery's mention. She smiled back, "I will."

After weighing it in hand, Amani donned the necklace cord, letting the millenia old relic settle against her collar. Her transition was complete: Amani Serys, Chief Healer of the Order. She seemed to stand a little taller, breathe a little steadier. Val was offered one last appreciative smile, and a nod. Any more audible thank yous and it might as well have been the hundredth time. The Jedi Master's friendship and guidance had meant everything to her in their time together. It shone through the admiration in Amani's eyes. "They couldn't have picked a better Sword," She muttered, again for Valery's ears only, then made her exit from the stage.

Her pace quickened down the stairs, until eventually she came back to Alicio, throwing her arms behind his neck and pulling him into an embrace. "Where-?" Amani looked around behind him to find Inanna missing. She stopped herself. Tonight wouldn't be soured by anything else. She wouldn't allow it. Instead Amani simply shut her eyes and hugged the Count a little while longer.

Last edited:

Banner_1_coruscant.png

DULCET
CORUSCANT | THE JEDI TEMPLE | HALLWAYS

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray
white.png
She probably should have said something about getting even or owing him one, but she just frowned at his gratitude.

The sting of his intrusion on her Sith fight was only just starting to fade. It had reopened when her team had asked how she'd survived after they assessed her gear broke down in the heat of battle, and she'd had to come up with some story other than Oh yeah, a Jedi intervened and saved me. Otherwise, I would have died. That would have been bad. The whole point of their Task Force was to offload the strain on the Jedi, or at least give them some competition against Sith. It wasn't a good look, and it was just a really good thing it all happened once Operation Divine Retribution stopped live streaming to the board of senators. He could have cost her her job if anybody had witnessed their embarrassing exchange.

And because Sion never existed in her story, neither did the strangely intimate wistfulness of the Padawan before he slipped from consciousness.

"...why am I not stronger?"

The murmur had made him seem impossibly human. And so had the blood. It had made her put a little more care into her caretaking.

"I had to get even somehow." Cordé shrugged, concealing her own thanks for inevitably saving her skin with a dismissive reminder. She was about to cross her arms when she realized he was reaching out again. Their motions weren't conducive to one another, and he wrapped around only three fingers and left two more out of his grip.

She made a face. Something between wide-eyed horror, shock, and confoundment.

"Again with the — are you going to do Force magic stuff on me again? Please don't."

I can think of a few reasons why he chose me over you, Miri thought, eyeing the drink in Ara's hand. She imagined that same hand pulling the trigger of a stun blaster pointed at Kyell.

Ara's comments and insults were met with a cool stare from Miri. "Then I will leave him," she replied. "Without violence."

The Zabrak's next question revealed her insecurity, which was probably the root cause of much of her behavior. Miri shook her head. "I didn't even know who you were until tonight."

Banner_1_coruscant.png

BRUSH

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo
"Oh, you didn't owe me a thing." He murmured gently. "I did what I was supposed to do. That didn't require you to get even in any shape or form."

The reaction to his touch made him blink and immediately withdraw his hand.

"No, I apologize. I..." Sion cringed. His Master had warned him about this. Not everyone appreciated the touchy-feely reflex. It was difficult to suppress however. Apparently he had a natural knack for Empathy. Empathy with a capital E, not the lowercase e. It meant he was far more attuned towards everything that was happening around him.

It was... overwhelming at times.

It also meant he instinctively tried to put people at ease and a quick brush of hands was far less invasive than the touch of minds.

Not here however.

Clearly.

"I won't do it again." No explanation was useful here. Clearly it wasn't welcome, this was all that mattered. "Are you... do you like the temple? It's rather intimidating, isn't it?"

Trying to smile and forget the awkward feeling still roiling right under his skin.

Kyell Laysel

K

Date Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Pls-don't-kill-me Tag: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

With Ara taking away Miri for a chat, Kyell was left alone on the dancefloor and suddenly felt really awkward. He looked around, let out a soft sigh, and moved off to the side. There was the thought to head over to the bar and grab a drink, but some weird crap was going on there, and this whole situation with Ara was enough of a headache for one night. So he kept to himself, occasionally looked towards Miri and Ara to make sure no pistols were being drawn by either of them and hoped all of this would be over soon.

But after a minute or so of standing alone, he heard a familiar voice in his mind — it was Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn .

< "Is everything... okay?"> she asked.

He swallowed and looked in her direction to make eye contact, before speaking in return <I'm... yeah, everything will be alright.> He tried to force a reassuring smile that over this distance hopefully worked, and crossed his arms in front of his chest to close himself off even more. Hollis was an incredibly kind person and someone he considered a friend, but she was here with someone special as well and he didn't want to bring down the mood.

He created this situation himself, so he'd deal with it himself.

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wasn't the first time Kahlil had been in this temple. It was.. A different time, then. The black halls. The Sith runes. He was a child then, barely three during the One Sith's reign. Oh how time had changed. He smiled softly, walking hand in hand with the little hybrid beside him.

"You ready to surprise mama?"

Vera looked up, smiling bright as ever. "Mhmm!"

Together the two Noble's walked into the hall, heading right for the stage as Valery Noble Valery Noble stepped down. It was barely a second before Vera took off in a run to hug her mother.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Gala
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Varen Ardos Varen Ardos , Others...

Attempting to keep a burst of uncontrollable laughter at bay, he lifted him up and slapped him on the back, placing his arm around the younger Jedi. "Wow. You look dazed my friend. No. You'll be fine."

Jasper regained awareness slightly after Varen lifted him back into his seat. That didn't make his anxiety any better. In fact, it might have made it worse. What he needed to do was get himself away from people, maybe find an empty room to lie down in and forget about the universe.

"Th-thanks," Jasper stammered, "I-I think I'm gonna go get some fresh air. I'll catch up with you later."

He gave Silas and Varen a meek wave before setting off into the Gala once again, looking for a quiet area to disappear into.

Ara slowly shook her head at her simple comment. None of it made sense to her, and the blatant jab wasn't doing any favours. But she kept a stalwart face as she watched every inch of her. She could feel no lied or deception coming from Miri. At least she had that closure. Miri was truly innocent in this whole ordeal.

But her cold tone simply didn't sit right. She couldn't figure out why she felt a need to waste time thinking on her... But then she realised when the words formed in her head.

What if she hurts Kyell?

The thought disgusted her, but it didn't falter. Deep down, she still cared for him. Wanted that friendship back. Wanted things to go back to the ways they were.

"Wel... At least I got that closure." She looked away as a sad smile formed. She looked back at Miri with her tired eyes and held a hand out once again with her smile.

But the moment their hands touched, Ara yanked down as she reached out to grab hold of Miri's head, before slamming her repeatedly into the counter behind her. "That's... for... the... attitude." She growled with each swing before hurling her away like a sack of potatoes.

She looked around, specifically at Kyell, snd her smug pride melted into guilt. Ara marched off, back to a catatonic Jasper and his friends. The former seemingly running off towards force knows where. She quickly followed sfter the poor guy.

Kyell Laysel Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Last edited:

Amani's words got Valery to step down from the stage with a bright smile. The evening so far had been great, and even though she heard some commotion somewhere in the back of the hall, most people seemed to be enjoying themselves. Now with Amani returning to Alicio, Valery looked around to see if she spotted any other familiar faces or people who needed some help. Which is when she heard a voice.

"Mommy!"

Valery blinked and turned around to see her little girl sprinting towards her through the crowd, almost knocking into some people along the way. She met Vera halfway and lifted her up in her arms with a big smile, "Hey little star, how did you get here?" she smiled warmly and rubbed her cheek gently against her daughter's before her eyes shifted to Kahlil, who was following after Vera. With her daughter's arms tightly wrapping around her, she walked over and quickly pressed a kiss against his lips.

"Hey love, glad you could make it," she said before she glanced at Vera, "Did you drag daddy along, hm?" she smirked and joined Kahlil by his side with Vera held up in just her right arm. "Mhmm!" she exclaimed happily. Valery just looked at it with a warm, motherly smile and enjoyed the moment. One day, Vera would likely come here for training herself, so an introduction to this Temple was a fun little gesture.

"Did you two get something to eat already? There are snacks if you're hungry."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

Kelly T. Perris

K

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING

div-green.png

LOCATION: Jedi Temple, Temple District, Coruscant, Core Worlds
OBJECTIVE: Observe the drama?
EQUIPMENT: A Glass of Bubbly
TAGS: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok | Kyell Laysel

Just as he got to the bar, and got a glass of champagne into hand, things around him started to go sideways, and at the eye of the storm, a girl with horns. A lean into the bar counter, his face impassive, he watched as this young lady planted a whopper on the... lips of the poor blonde guy at the other end of the bar, and stalked off. Nothing he hadn't seen before at the local cantina, during his time at the academy.

Kelly sipped, wondering if this was really what Jedi got up to. He didn't need to be force-sensitive to see the thunder and lightning that followed in her wake, and he was all well and good about not getting involved, until horngirl decided to express her tempest on another girl's head, with the help of the bar, and stormed off again. He eyed the victim, who seemed to have friends, then turned his gaze to the perpetrator.

"Welp."

He threw back the rest of the glass of bubbly, left the glass on the counter, pushed off the bar, and tailed her, jogging up alongside.

"Hey," he turned and planted a firm, stopping hand on Ara's shoulder, "I don't know what that was, and it's not any of my business, but... you alright, lady?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh yeah, she really didn't want to miss this." He flashed a grin, glancing to their daughter. Like his wife, Kahlil was dressed in the typical Jedi robes. Lightsaber on his hip. he wasn't active duty, but he should still represent, right? He returned the kiss, his smile taking a softer note. "I'm proud of you. All of you. This is great." He turned his gaze to their daughter, smirking as she looked rather impatiently for food.

"I think snacks would be good, don't you?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Banner_1_coruscant.png

DULCET

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray
white.png
The corners of her jaw hardened, set on edge by the dutiful holiness of the Jedi. They'd been briefed about this. How Jedi were the ones who thought themselves the ones solely responsible for preserving the sanctity of life. How their unique connection with the galaxy around them elevated their judgement. Stoic heroes.

"Okay, well then, so was I."

Except the Jedi with half his face mutilated was the furthest thing from stoic she could imagine. Especially when he apologized.

"It's.." She sighed and drew her hands together to wring them. The apology, coupled with the memory of his forlorn murmur before he'd passed out, slowly challenged the perception she'd been shaped to have. "It was helpful, just...last time it felt really unnatural. I've never..had that before. Where pain just disappears with a touch."

How could she ever compete with that? Even with painkillers and stimpacks, her patients complained and moaned and bled and bruised. Inadequacy with your specialty was never a good feeling.

She expected the conversation to end there. But he continued, venturing into the realm of hospitality.

"Uh," she glanced up at the window that stretched from floor to ceiling, then back to Sion with an arched brow. "Intimidating is a good word. I'm surprised that was your word. Aren't Jedi supposed to live here and find peace and meditate and stuff?"

div-goldiguess.png

Mylo had been considering leaving and calling it a day when he watched a figure start approaching him. Eventually, Ari Naldax Ari Naldax in a uniform identical to his own, marching up to him. Ari Naldax was a hero figure for him. One of the most prolific pilots, he had been following her career and that of Nemesis Squadron ever since he was in the Academy. He remembered pouring over her mission reports back at Pol Anaxes, and wondering if he might ever get to her level one day. The young pilot had even had the honour of meeting and flying with her once or twice. Just at that moment, every single imperfection on his uniform became noticeable and he started fixing areas which were likely fine to begin with.
"Congratulations on your promotion, and thanks for your help over my homeworld," Ari panicked for a split second when she realized he hadn't caught his name or rank during the ceremonies, though she quickly decided merely to use his callsign, "Revenant Four - I'm sorry, I don't remember catching your actual name while we were flying together."

Standing to attention as she approached, he snapped a salute, dropping it quickly as she seemed less formal than him. "Thank you ma'am, Captain Mylo Thorne it's a pleasure. And uh.. it's Revenant Six, not Four." He said, managing a slight chuckle to break the ice. Eyes darting over to something happening some distance away, Mylo raised an eyebrow as he heard a commotion happening likely between two of the younger attendees of the gala. Watching one of the newer recruits, a certain Kelly T. Perris , run over to go and assist, he took the intiative and followed his lead, jogging over nodding an inaudible sorry to Ari.

Arriving at the scene, he tried to get between Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan and Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok , waving away some guards who approached, equally as curious and eager to try and put a stop to what was going on. "No it's okay." Mylo told them and came back to the situation at hand. "Hey hey hey, let's break it up ladies."

Banner_1_coruscant.png

BRUSH

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo
An ah there.

"Well, yes. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't... your job." In his defense, it was a bit ambiguous to him who Cordé Kovacs was supposed to be. He didn't know her name. Just her description and... there were no doctors working for the Alliance with her general description. But here she was so it had certainly not been a fever dream.

Nodding quickly there.

"Yeah, I get it. First time my Master healed me..." A wry smile there. "Well-" Gesturing vaguely to his face. "Didn't heal so neatly, but the Force isn't the end-all."

Sion chuckled then at Kovacs surprise.

"I didn't grow up here. I was originally part of the Jedi Academy network. Grew up on the Outer Rim in a smaller Jedi outpost. It was... far less luxurious and lot unlike this place." His own eyes going around to explore just even this simple hall. "I um. My old Master and me came to the Alliance to offer our assistance once the Maw came out."

There his expression clouded slightly.

"Anyway. You want me to show you around? While I am healing I haven't been able to do much besides limp around and explore the halls. Master Ridor isn't very happy about it, but she can't be everywhere at once." Trying to grin, but his memories were still sliding back to Teta... and the fires.

Kyell Laysel

K

Date Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Pls-don't-kill-me Tag: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

He could feel it.

Only a split-second before Ara pulled on Miri's hand, Kyell knew something was terribly wrong. His eyes shot in their direction, and without wasting a second, he began to sprint over as his girlfriend's head was slammed into the bar counter. Because of the distance, he couldn't reach her in time to prevent another hit, but together with others, he'd be there to stop Ara before it was too late. In shock, he found Miri unconscious and with her head bleeding.

It was impossible for him to say anything now, as he couldn't connect with her mind, so he just gently placed a hand underneath the back of her head, and one underneath her back to hold her close. The look Ara had shot his way before trying to escape was burned into his soul now, much like Sahar's wicked grin after she severed his arm. It brought back a lot of pain, but he set it aside to focus on what mattered most — getting her help.

Perhaps for the first time in his life, he actually wished he could talk, so he could scream for a healer at the top of his lungs, but he didn't have that luxury, and did his best to connect his mind to Iris Arani Iris Arani , who he knew was a healer. It was hard to focus on her in this crowded Temple, but his desire to protect Miri gave him so much strength.

<Please, I need a healer at the bar!> He called out, his telepathic voice desperate.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

DULCET

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray
white.png
The force not being an end-all was the truest thing she recognized. Even if it sure didn't feel like it sometimes. A constant uphill battle, and a lot more effort, just to have half the impact a Force user could have with a flick of their wrist.

A pair of Pathfinders walked down the hall, wrapt in their own conversation. Cordé briefly watched them pass, self-consciously aware that she probably shouldn't be spending too much longer with a Force User. She didn't want to grow empathetic. She wanted to stay with what she knew.

Made them easier to kill that way.

But that gnarled patch of flesh over his eye and cheek would be enough to draw pity from anyone. He seemed amiable enough about it, but Cordé's training saw more than just the scar tissue. If that was the flesh healed, it must have been brutal in its raw form. It was remarkable he was able to see out of both eyes.

She wanted to ask how it happened, but she didn't for two reasons. One — didn't want to go down the avenue of empathy, and two — he changed the subject. Thankfully. It helped keep her from getting...

...to know him.

That was a lot of history, locations and names in a few seconds.

Cordé, who was commissioned by the Secret Intelligence Agency, was staggered by the readiness to divulge such personal information.

Questions burned in her throat, bouncing around in the soft space between her pulse and her tongue. How did you get that scar? Your Old Master, are they dead? Is it true you were stolen from your parents as soon as you could walk? She kept her mouth shut, trapping the curiosities behind her teeth. If she asked, he'd tell. If he told, she'd know. If she knew, she might care.

"Show me around?" Cordé looked doubtful but found herself smirking. "How much have you explored. You look like you're just getting out of the hospital for the first time."

Did they call it a hospital here? Or some mystical mumbo jumbo that sounded as ethereal as Chief Healer.

Medic sounded so cacophonously crass in comparison.

"Do you know where the library is?"

"I'm proud of you. All of you. This is great."

Valery just offered him a smile and nodded, "It has taken a long time, but it's good to see the Temple restored and to see so many coming together for a ceremony like this." Then, much like Kahlil, she turned her eyes to Vera who, at the mention of food, got a lot more excited all of a sudden. "Snacks!" she called out with a big grin that shifted from her father to her mother.

"Yeah I think so too," Valery agreed before she gestured for Kahlil to follow her. There were tables with snacks everywhere, so she picked a quiet one and made her way over. But somewhere along the way, she heard and felt that something was off. She briefly glanced in the direction, but a lot of people were already responding to it. If her help specifically was needed, she felt certain someone would call for her.

So for now, she just focused on her family.

"Here, try these sweetie," she told Vera after setting her down by the table. While Vera dug in like she hadn't eaten in days, Valery looked up at Kahlil. "I'll likely be returning to the front again soon, but I have some time before then. As long as my Padawans don't cause any trouble, I'll be at home a little more."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom