Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbird Rising | Galactic Alliance

Like virtually everyone else sitting by the bar, Kai couldn't help but witness the carnage. He got to his feet, quickly assessed the damage level (pretty bad), and then uttered a quick <I'll talk to you later!> to Kara Jade Kara Jade before breaking into a run.

Thus did Kai appear before Iris Arani Iris Arani for the first time that evening. <Someone's hurt!> he exclaimed.

Rather than give Iris a moment to process this information, Kai picked her up and ran across the room back to the bar, clearing through the crowds with a nudge of the Force until he had reached the side of Kyell Laysel and the unconscious Miri. He set Iris down, then went back into the fray to hunt down Amani Serys Amani Serys , whom he would treat much the same.

y0ZHF35.png

Objective: Enjoy the Gala evening
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan
Attire: Necklace and Clothing
div-goldiguess.png
"Alcoholic you say?" he said with a raised brow as he put his nose next to the glass and sniffed it. It smelled decent, the taste on the other hand was probably going to be a different story. Taking a small sip as all hell began to break loose not too far away, he vibed for a few brief moments and took in the taste. His nose crinkled slightly as he pulled a face and slowly put the glass down "Nope, not yet..." he said in a funny tone as he glared at the tipsy Ara

Thankfully, she seemed pretty cool. It was probably because she already had a skinful but at least he wasn't going to get punched again tonight "Good to hear, I hope you'll have as much fun as I will" he said back respectfully, watching on as Ara randomly got up and kissed Jasper out of nowhere. Silas's mouth fell open and smirked at what he had just seen. Jasper didn't realise it but he had just reached the jackpot, getting kissed by a girl was something out of this world, but to Jasper, it seemed a little too much.

"You fine there?" he smirked down at him when he said he wasn't alright, allowing him to get up and start walking out to get some air "Hey, wait up a second" he called after him, grabbing his unfinished drink just before he went after him. Carefully walking past the guests and guards that were rushing over to see what was going on with Miri, he saw Jasper on a small balcony and walked up with a warm smile

"That my friend, was one heck of a kiss," he said with a light chuckle, tapping him on the shoulder to offer him his drink "Everything alright? you seemed a bit out of it"

Alicio watched in muted, guilty silence as Amani approached him from the pedestal, leaving the side of one of the greatest Jedi of their time, to be with him.

Even after everything that just happened.

Did he feel like he deserved her company right now? No. But he was so glad she was here. And that meant Alicio was going to be here too, to cheer her on. This was her day.

Wordlessly, they met in an embrace, Alicio wrapping his arms around her waist, feeling a bit of his excitement return as Amani shared hers. He didn't comment on where Inanna Harth Inanna Harth had gone, instead just holding her tighter, shaking his head in a silent no, and keeping the thoughts far from his mind until they had some privacy.

"Congratulations, Chief," he whispered into her ear. "You are wonderful. And now, the rest of the Alliance knows it too."

They swayed there for a few honeysweet moments. Until their momentary calm was interrupted.

<Please, I need a healer at the bar!>

Alicio felt the flow of the Force change, heard the cry for help in his head. Undoubtedly, Amani heard it, too. He gave her an affirming look, breaking the embrace to run towards the bar, almost assuredly with his girlfriend at his side.

"Hey! Chief Healer coming through!" he yelled out.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Arlo Renard Arlo Renard - Kyell Laysel - Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok - Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne - Kelly T. Perris - @Barpeople -

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Gala
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Others…

"That my friend, was one heck of a kiss," he said with a light chuckle, tapping him on the shoulder to offer him his drink "Everything alright? you seemed a bit out of it"

“Oh, hey,” Jasper sighed, taking his drink as he turned back to see his friend. “I-I don’t know if I’m alright…”

Jasper paused, facing the city of Coruscant. He had just wanted to make friends. Now everything was complicated. Did people make out with strangers often? The young duelist was beginning to question every thing he knew about social interaction.

“I-I just wasn’t prepared for it, y-ya know?” he continued. “I had only just met her and was just trying to make new friends, and now I’m all roped up in…” he turned back to watch as the fight between Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan and Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok was broken up. “That.”

He sighed, hanging his head. This couldn’t have happened at a worse time as well. Jasper was already stressed between trying to work himself back into the order and finding out he was a clone of someone else. It seemed like the galaxy was throwing everything at him all at once.

“I wasn’t in a good headspace to begin with,” Jasper admitted. “I… Well…” he struggled with his words for a moment, trying to find the ones that fit how he felt. “I found out I’m not what I thought I was.”

Were they even at a point where he should be sharing this? Jasper didn’t know, but he had to get it out of his head.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil was staring at the altercation. His jaw clenched some. Fist tightened. People were already fighting? Why? Why here of all places? A soft exhale calmed him, though. Others were dealing with it. Good. That meant more time with Valery. He smiled to Valery, nodding slow.

"I know. War's on the horizon. Not just with the Maw anymore. .. Just be safe, okay? I won't hesitate to come rescue you if I have to."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

And like that Iris was taken away. She blinked in surprise, but the hasty nature of Kai's request was enough for her to nod. No sooner was she sat down did she get to work. Uncaring of her dress the Padawan put Miri on her back. Checked her head. Scanned through the colors for injuries. No nonsense allowed. The Force shifted, and she went right to healing her as best she could.

Head injuries were no joke.

Her eyes shifted, focusing on the nearest person. Kyell.

"What happened?"

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Kyell Laysel | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Kohlhaase Gotthard | @Others

In quick succession, it seemed as if one event folded in over the other in chaotic entropy. In truth, Corin's lies could only carry him so far especially when confronted by the man that knew him best that also doubled, for all Corin was concerned, as the best investigator in the Jedi Order. If not the planet. Even then, Iris' inability to outright lie stamped out whatever chance Corin had to appear believable in any manner. Even if Dagon was right, he wasn't all right this time.

But, as luck would have it, several much needed distractions overwhelmed them. From the arrival of some elderly man Corin could not have cared less for and may have minded the presence of in any other situation, to the speech from Master Noble about the new Chief Healer, to then some sustained injury that had seen Iris quite literally whisked away.

He flashed a look to Dagon with honest bemusement, "I think we might need a Knight's authority for whatever that is." His mouth twisted into a smirk, knowing all too well of what he evaded as Corin marched off with minimal haste towards the unfolding scene. For the time being, at least.

War was very much on the horizon - she was fighting against the Maw in the Core, the Empire along a different border and now she was helping the Mandalorians as well in their clashes with the Maw, hoping it would strengthen the alliance. Her life had never been free of risk, but now more than ever, she felt it as a burden on her shoulders.

Looking down at her little girl devouring snack after snack, the reason this weight felt so heavy was immediately clear.

"I'll be safe, I promise I'll do what I can to come home," she said with a smirk, "But I know you'll be there when I need it." This time, she stepped forward and just pulled him into a loving embrace she had no intentions of ending soon. But the sound of Vera blowing a raspberry to show what she thought about her parents hugging like that got her to finally pull back after a moment, of course with a big grin.

"Hey, just focus on your snacks and let mommy and daddy hug."

Vera shook her head, "No! I want hugs too..." she demanded. So within a second or two, she was part of the family moment.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

y0ZHF35.png

Objective: Enjoy the Gala evening
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Attire:
Necklace and Clothing
div-goldiguess.png
"Not alright? what's going on?" he said in a more concerned yet caring tone, a trait that Valery Noble Valery Noble was slowly but surely passing over to him. Jasper seemed to be taken off guard and shaken by the sudden move of the girl, any kid probably would feel the same after an advance like that "That's natural Jasper, a new thing like that would even knock the most confident loopy" he reassured the boy, his hand gently falling on his shoulder to let him know he was here for him.

Then, when Jasper mentioned he wasn't something who he thought he was Silas's eyes widened slightly. The kid wasn't the only person going through the same thing, not long ago he was having an emotional talk with Valery on how most of his ancestors were sith. It was something he wanted to keep a secret, but if it gave Jasper comfort maybe it would put into perspective that he wasn't alone.

"Hm... well same here," he said hesitantly, walking to the barrier of the balcony to look into the distance, "A long time ago I found out most of my ancestors were cold blooded sith, not the perfect family I envisioned. The bad thing for me was the fact I kept it bottled up inside away from my master, which affected my health. In ways, it still does" Silas frowned and looked back to the kid, one hand clutching the necklace lightly. It took everything he could muster to say that, especially to a kid he has recently met. Even so, Silas trusted him not to say a word about his struggles.

"Please, I will not force you to tell me. But If you tell me now, it will make you feel far better in the long run"

nhY3GI4.gif

ATTIRE: X
OBJECTIVE: Make a new friend!
TAGS: Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Open

Somewhere along the way she dispensed of the plate she’d emptied, and stopped to wipe her fingers on an embroidered cloth napkin she kept in her bag: it was black, much like her kimono, and embroidered in the same design in the corners, and she folded it neatly to stow it, thereafter continuing her slow circulation.

Slow, because so many had come. So many with thoughts and feelings that she didn’t notice right away when she’d gained company, until the shadow he cast moved with the changing direction of the lights as she walked... then he spoke.

She slowed to a stop, and turned her head to Gabriel. “A princess?” Her expression was immediately quizzical, but the corners of her lips soon pulled upward and her eyes closed to half-moons for a moment at the delightful flight of fantasy in those words, “Can a princess not be a Jedi?”

A light few notes of a closed-mouth laugh, like wind chimes in a soft breeze, punctuated the end of her rhetorical question and she tipped gracefully forward, bending in a small bow to greet him. All the while, the roil of everything else that was happening in the hall played across the edges of her awareness: the spike of furious violence, and the ensuing wave of worried desperation, but others intervened and she maintained her attention on her new acquaintance.

“I am Ichika Masudo,” she said, standing in full again, a hand going to her lips in thought, “but everyone I know calls me Daisy,” her smile had calmed, but never left, and her hand lowered, “and you? What do they call you?”

rIIDkbi.png

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil smiled and nodded. No matter what, Valery would keep her word. That much he knew and trusted. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. Tight. He was still worried, none the less. How could he not be? Such worry was pushed to the side as Vera wanted in on the hug though. He smiled, reaching down to pick her up and hold her close to them both.

"Hugs for everyone, don't worry."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Gala
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Others…

Jasper was not prepared for what Silas had to say about himself. A Sith lineage? He couldn’t even begin to imagine the headache it must cause him, let alone that he trusted Jasper enough to share this information. It was almost therapeutic, in a way. Not that Silas was having problems, but more so that Jasper’s experience wasn’t unique, even if unusual.

"Please, I will not force you to tell me. But If you tell me now, it will make you feel far better in the long run"

“Y-your probably right,” Jasper sighed. “I… I wasn’t born. I was grown in a tube from some other Jedi’s DNA. My tattoo…” he gestured to his left arm, “…it’s a signature of some kind. I don’t even know how much of me is actually me. I-I guess the dude left me on the NJO’s doorstep after deeming that something was wrong with me. I’m not really sure. I’d have to actually meet him to know.”

Jasper took a sip of his drink, staring up at the sky. Jastile had offered to meet him on Dantooine. Maybe he should finally go and figure out the truth.

“I’m probably just overthinking all of this and it isn’t as bad as I think,” Jasper reasoned with an exhausted breath. “The world isn’t ending around me or anything… I just feel weird about it all.”

Surprisingly, Jasper actually felt a bit better about all of it. He hadn’t made his peace with it, but it felt more approachable now. If he could tell someone else, maybe he could face it after all. Jasper managed a faint smile.

“Thanks. You didn’t need to share all that about yourself… but I’m glad you were willing to.” Jasper turned back to look into the Gala. It was chaos. “I don’t know if I can go back in just yet,” he continued, mustering up a laugh. “It’s gone to hell in there.”

"How are you doing, old man?"

Craning his head back, the tow-headed Anzat gave a soft, sad smile as he looked up at the massive Jedi. "Not as well as you, I think," Sor-Jan replied, with a nod of respect.

Looking at where Silas Westgard Silas Westgard had retreated away, the young Anzat glanced back up as he noted, "I must confess some envy with how you've adjusted to this period." Not only seeing Caltin mingling with this group of New Jedi, but also how Sor-Jan had observed him on Voss Kashyyyk with the Silver Jedi.

Concord. They were the Concord now.

He was still having trouble with that one. First the Silver Jedi Order. Then the Silver Sanctum Coalition. Then back to the Silver Jedi Order. And now the Concord.

It all seemed to change so fast, but even since he'd lived in this era he had already seem so many Alliances and Empires rise and fall.

"The Jedi of this generation seem to have a fondness for you," the boy noted, returning to the topic of the Jedi before him. And, not to make light of it, but Sor-Jan gave voice to his own assumptions as he offered, "And you them."

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce had finished his speech. People starting to mingle inside for the gala.

Glancing around the promenade before the temple gates, Sor-Jan looked back at the bronzium statues and then back up at Caltin as he asked, "How many times do you imagine we've stood in this spot -- this exact spot -- hundreds of years ago. Yet, even now, I feel far from home."

Now he was brooding.

Force save the galaxy from old Jedi who had lived too long.

With a sigh, the boy gave a nod toward the entry to the temple. "Come, let me get you a drink," the youth offered. "When last we met, you spoke of Dilandau, but I'd love to hear more about your time in the Old Republic."

He paused there a moment, before looking back up as he added, "If there are any stories you would be up to sharing, that is."

Some accounts of the Old Republic were painful to recall, let alone give voice to.

There were many stories of a time before the Clone Wars that Sor-Jan would love to have shared.

And many more of the Clone Wars that he would prefer to forget.

Why did her smile make him feel like he was dancing over the two moons of her eyes? The lightsaber! Right! She didn't answer the question, in fact, she'd laughed at him! He frowned and folded his arms over his chest. She also didn't deny it. His frown turned into an easygoing smile, or at least as easygoing as he could, the way his pulse had just quickened up. He mouthed name. 'Daisy.'

"My name? Uh," Her laugh had such a nice, delicate sound, it-

"My name's Gabriel Cartwright-Pryce. But my friends call me Gabe." What was going on at the bar? Somehow he knew the Padawans were going to get an earful because of it.

"My nickname is short for my full name, why do they call you Daisy? My Atrisian isn't exactly up to standard." He tried to shrug off the odd rhythmic pounding in his ears. What was that? The band wasn't playing that loudly.

"Thank you, Alicio," Amani whispered back, squeezing him just a little tighter. Maybe a bit of recognition from time to time wasn't so bad after all. It felt nice, like all of the work she was doing meant something greater. Something worthwhile even beyond the smiles of grateful patients and grateful families. And as Valery had said, with this title she could do more. Help more.

Inanna's spite had been a dour note in an otherwise wonderful evening. But it was gone now, and Amani refused to let it fester. At best, it was a conversation for another time. But she had already made her choice to stand beside Alicio through it all. A few idle thoughts brought a smirk to her face, "...You know, when this is all over, maybe we should-"

<Please, I need a healer at the bar!>

The Force called. Even without it, the disturbance at the other end of the evening's affairs was becoming more obvious even from a distance. Amani groaned, and bumped her forehead against the Count's chest, "It really does never end," Not even for this, it seemed. Alas, far be it from the Chief Healer to not heal when called. They turned, and just as they took off for the bar, Amani felt her feet give out. A sudden weight underneath her. She looked behind to see that one Kai Bamarri and outright swept her up in his arms and was now rushing the mirialan to the scene, "If I find out you had anything to do with this-"

She didn't finish before they got there, dropping off beside Iris to see a young woman bleeding from her head. She furrowed her brow, immediately switching into work mode. Iris had already asked what happened, meanwhile Amani looked to the bar, seeing a bit of blood drip off the edge, "She struck the counter," An easy enough deduction. Add onto that any potential head injury that might have resulted from her subsequent collapse, it was important they treated this seriously. At best it might amount to little more than a few stitches and a killer headache. At worst…

Amani channeled her own energy into the healing process Iris had already begun, visibly taken a back as she first made the effort. It came almost unnaturally easy. Easier than normal. She looked down at the sapphire, noticing its resonance through the Force. Already, this gift was showing its worth.

Last edited:
It was as if the entire gala had descended upon the scene the moment it happened. Ara tried to walk away from it all, escape the scene and avoid the drama, but someone else caught up to her. She nearly swatted his hand away out of instinct, but resisted to instead look into his eyes. "I'm fine." She muttered, not looking away for even a moment.

She looked back to Miri, Kyell and the entire congregation around them, trying to wale Miri back up. Iris, Amani, Kai, all of those people out of nowhere. She wanted to simply walk off, and perhaps that would be the better option between the two, but as she heard Amani diagnose Miri she walked back to the scene. "Yeah, uh... I... kinda rang her bell a few times against the counter." She spoke up awkwardly as she spared a look at Iris.

Her gaze turned to Kyell for a moment, and Ara went blank. She didn't know why she did it. To protect him? In a sick and twisted way, yeah. But did she want to hurt him? Make him feel what she did? As she stood there among the crowd, Ara Sheridan was blank slate, covering a hailstorm of emotions in her heart.

It was time to leave. She would take the consequences of her actions, but there was no further need for her there.

With a heavy sigh she went looking for some fresh air, ironically finding Silas and Jasper having a moment. But she said nothing as she stood by the balcony, staring out at the city. The vile city.

Iris Arani Iris Arani Miri Nimdok Kyell Laysel Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Kelly T. Perris

Miri awoke sitting on a white countertop, her legs dangling over the edge. She didn’t know where she was or how she had gotten there—hadn’t she just been playing outside only a moment ago?

“She’s awake,” her father said. He was wringing out a washcloth in the sink, which was next to her.

Her mother’s head peeked around the side of the door, wild dark curls bouncing. “Hey sweetheart. You fell down pretty hard, huh? I heard you hit the duracrete from all the way inside the house.”

Miri blinked, feeling the cool touch of the washcloth as her father dabbed at a red welt that was forming above her brow. It occurred to her that she must be in her parents’ ‘fresher, which she had never been in before because to get there she would have to pass through her parents’ bedroom, which was off-limits. It smelled faintly of her father’s aftershave and her mother’s shampoo.

The washcloth pressed just a little too hard, and Miri whimpered in pain. “Did you find those bacta patches?” her father asked her mother, who left to continue her search.

“You know, you’re lucky you have a hard head,” he said with a nervous, slightly worried chuckle. “If it wasn’t, you’d bruise your brain and have to go to the hospital.”

“I don’t wanna go to the hospital,” she whimpered. Her whole head was beginning to throb.

“You won’t have to, don’t worry. But you’ll have a bump on your forehead for a little while.” He smiled in that restrained way he did whenever they escaped some peril by the skin of their teeth. “This isn’t quite what I meant when I said ‘knock yourself out’, little lady…”

Miri’s eyelids twitched at first, then began to flutter. Before she opened her eyes, her face scrunched up in pain. Her head ached, and she didn’t know why. Couldn’t remember, to be exact…

Reaching up, she covered her face with her hand, shielding her eyes from the too-bright lights beyond. She heard voices, and saw the faint blur of faces hovering over her, and the smell of booze and body spray overwhelmed her, and oh, please, couldn’t they all just go away and stop bothering her?

Her hand came away sticky. She cracked one eye open, and saw red staining her fingers. Blood. She was bleeding. Well, that explained why her head hurt. But where was she?

It all came back in a whirlwind. The Jedi Temple. The gala. Kyell had suggested they make it a date night. And then they ran into that she-devil, and everything had spiraled from there…

Blinking up at the various faces that were coming into focus around her, Miri found Kyell in the crowd. Poor Kyell, he didn’t need any more trouble right now, after all that had happened on New Aldera.

Amazingly, she found that she was able to sit up on her own. She still had a headache, but it had dulled to the level of a particularly nasty hangover. There was a cut through her brow that would probably leave a scar, and quite a lot of blood running down her face and staining her dress.

Turning toward the others, she saw unfamiliar faces. Ara was nowhere in sight.

Well, where is she?” she demanded, quite past the point of politeness. “Ara Sheridan. She shot him last week, and now she nearly cracked my skull open.” Wiping at the blood on her face, she muttered under her breath, “She’s lucky I’m hard-headed…

Banner_1_coruscant.png

BRUSH
CORUSCANT | THE JEDI TEMPLE | LIBRARY

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo
"Oh, you'd be surprised how far you can get with a crutch, miss." Sion responded with a grin. 'Miss', yes, because they weren't on first name basis or even second name basis. But it felt a bit awkward to ask for her name. Not after he had saved her ass and then she saved his ass. Usually you'd chat a bit right after, but instead he passed out like a big weenie.

It must have looked karking ridiculous.

"Ah, the library?" Nodding there, a bit relieved, because yes. That he could show. "I have been there a few times actually. I will show you."

With slow caution he turned around, making sure to keep the weight off his leg, before he got into a determined limb.

One corridor in, other corridor out.

As they walked Sion gave her a brief description of things. The meaning of a statue, why this painting was hung right there, a purpose of an artifact seemingly suspended in the air.

"Yes, I know I sound like a glorified traveling guide." Teasing over his shoulder, until they reached a big set of doors. Stately and gilded.

He raised his hand and gently flicked it. The doors immediately responded to the soft touch of the Force. Beginning to glide away to show the beginnings of the Library. One of them libraries, anyway. Sion hadn't asked, but he presumed she'd be most interested in this one. The Archives of the Healers.

It was probably the most complete library on medicine only rivaled by similar archives on Arkania.

"What do you think?"

As Sion limbed in and turned to Kovacs.

Last edited:

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Starbird Rising

Jedi Temple, Coruscant, Core Worlds

Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce

rebeldivider.png

It seemed like today had gone from zero to one hundred, very quickly. Ogling at the developing situation with an intrigued glint in his eye, Varen rapidly became rather uninterested in the innocuous drama. He used the fact that nobody was looking to sneak into the food preparation area and start stuffing finger foods and a bottle of bubbly into his rucksack. It's not like anyone would miss it anyways, and he did need some for the road. Traipsing carefully round everyone else, a bag full of supplies and a tray of food in his hand, he headed toward a young Jedi - younger than even he, and another, with light pink hued skin and a kimono conversing.

Varen was not opposed to making new friends and he decided to do so here, now having a peace offering. "Finger food?" He offered. Perhaps if not for the metallic, cylindrical object that hung off his utility belt, someone might have mistaken him for a Coruscanti local that wandered in off the street. It was true, months of extended travel across the galaxy really did not many favours for someone who wanted to keep up with all the latest fashion trends. Taking a bite out of a Nuna leg, he stared at both Gabriel and Daisy smiling contentedly. "Hope at least you two are having a good party, can't say the same for everyone else." After the latter statement, the Padawan's eyes briefly seemed to wander off to the group that had huddled around Miri.

"I'm Varen by the way, Varen Ardos, Jedi Padawan and Scout." He was going to assume that both of these two were Jedi Padawans. They looked like it anyways, he could just tell. Varen, not sure what to do now swayed to an imaginary beat, while commotion occurred not too far from them. "I would have got here earlier and participated in all the fun. I tried to beat the record for getting through the Kessel Run, managed about eighteen parsecs, not too bad if I say so myself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom