Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars introduces its first LGBT character to canon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amaethon said:
We will all be the same.
Christ I hope not, I'm perfectly fine with being an individual member of humanity than a cog of the Borg or part of an indistinguishable mass of brown.

Also, I'd like to add that everybody on this damn planet that can either utter a phrase or think about one in their mind in any of the multitude of languages available to us is a human, so that's a moot point as well really. No, the fact that Tribe A hates Tribe B for their sexual practices, or that emotions such as hatred, prejudice, jealousy, or such exist doesn't mean we aren't the same damn race. Quite the contrary, it makes us more humane.

I guarantee a similar thread to this would have happened back in 1979 if they had the internet when Billy Dee Williams was announced as the first coloured actor to be a lead role in 'The Empire Strikes Back'. Lots of people cared, lots didn't. It's all...part of the plan.

Yvette Dusong said:
Christ I hope not, I'm perfectly fine with being an individual member of humanity than a cog of the Borg or part of an indistinguishable mass of brown.

Also, I'd like to add that everybody on this damn planet that can either utter a phrase or think about one in their mind in any of the multitude of languages available to us is a human, so that's a moot point as well really. No, the fact that Tribe A hates Tribe B for their sexual practices, or that emotions such as hatred, prejudice, jealousy, or such exist doesn't mean we aren't the same damn race. Quite the contrary, it makes us more humane.
Treated the same, accepted the same as anyone else.

Amaethon said:
Treated the same
If it helps, I laugh at everybody the same and call them dumb monkeys regardless of race, creed, or sexuality if they do or say something stupid.

Don't expect me to ever accept gypsies or Russians, the same way a communist will never accept freedom of speech or democracy, the same way a thirteen year old atheist will never accept religion or responsibility, the same way a nationalist will never accept the wrongs of his country, and the same way a social justice warrior will never accept his hypocrisy. We are all humans, but that will not change the fact that we are still animals with a pack mentality that will never be taken out of our psyche. Homosexual and transsexual rights are well respected in the western world, a kid getting bullied in school is not an infringement on rights or a great tragedy of human rights that requires activists in my opinion.

If not for his sexuality or that of his parents, he would get bullied for something else, such as being fat, wearing glasses, having hair a certain way, talking in a certain way, etcetera. Because children are twats, simple as that really.

Letting y'all know that my eyes are on this topic, and I suggest that if you wish to debate gender rights, sexual preferences, and so forth, then take it somewhere else.

Let's not involve real-life politics in a thread about a fictional character being confirmed for being LGBT. This is a site about Star Wars role-playing. Treat it as such.

I think this topic may have run its course. The announcement has been made, the joy was shared, the hecklers started in, and now the arguments are threatening to rear their heads. This will become a debate within the next page, I've no doubt. It might be a good idea to just close it before it starts.

Ludolf Vaas said:
You are already accepted, if not outright worshipped, by mainstream society and this thread is living proof.
6zFMNVo.gif

Fabula Cavataio said:
I think this topic may have run its course. The announcement has been made, the joy was shared, the hecklers started in, and now the arguments are threatening to rear their heads. This will become a debate within the next page, I've no doubt. It might be a good idea to just close it before it starts.
... Yeah, it's about that time. Don't want this turning into another "Is SW Racist" or "Sexy T. Rex" threads. People have celebrated, they've (a couple) times explained why they're celebrating, and now the rest of the usual stuff is squeezing itself in.

This should, unfortunately, probably be closed now. Otherwise I have a bad feeling it's gonna get pretty ugly, pretty fast...
sad-kitten-cat-cute-funny-adorable-lol.gif
I leave you all with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom