Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Celebration 2019 [April 11-15 Chicago, Illinois]

Lady Of Lore

Books and Cleverness (And Emots)
If you've never been to a Star Wars Celebration, this is the year to go!

UPDATE: 5 Day Adult Tickets are now SOLD OUT!

A massive gathering of fans from around the world, the Celebration conventions are packed full of incredible events and exhibitions, tons of cosplay from veterans and budding costumers alike, celebrities from every corner of the Star Wars universe and all the 'nerd' gear / toys you could possibly want (and then some). And that's just the tip of the iceberg! These conventions are a perfect way to meet people and build friendships, make connections (business, too! You'd be surprised) and get involved in everything from fan clubs to semi mixed martial arts organizations with a focus on Jedi and lightsaber battles. There are parties for everyone young and old, gaming rooms full of computers and Playstations (etc) loaded with every Star Wars game ever, costuming contests and prop rooms. It's truly one of the most extraordinary, fully rewarding experiences available for those who love that galaxy far, far away.

The next Celebration will be in the heart of Chicago in April 2019.

For further information, follow this link to the Celebration home page!!

My main reason for making this thread (aside from spreading the general word and seeing who else is interested in going) is to warn those considering attending about the tickets and the hotels.

--The 5 Day Adult badge is almost sold out, so if you're sure you're going to go and want to attend all five days without having to buy separate badges for each day, you'll need to purchase your 5 Day Adult ticket ASAP. Like, RIGHT NOW. (Best days to go are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, btw, if you don't want a 5 day.)

--The hotels available through the website's OnPeak program (providing exclusive discounts and ease of booking for SWC fans) are also selling out VERY quickly. In fact, there remain very few hotels within a 4 mile radius of the convention center that still have rooms available. If you've ever been to Chicago, you know anything over 3 miles means sitting in traffic for a good 20-30 minutes, so if you don't want to worry about stop-and-go nightmares in the Windy City, BOOK YOUR ROOMS NOW! Focus on distance. Trust me. I used to live there. You'll be happier the closer you are. They are expecting hundreds of thousands of people at this convention. Expect traffic wherever you are. There are shuttle services available at most of these hotels, which is nice.

If the prices are scaring you, never fear. What many people do for these shindigs is travel with and room with a larger party and split all the costs. A hotel room with two double beds sleeps four, and $200 split four ways is a heck of a lot more doable.

I have been attending these conventions since 2006 and I don't plan on missing this one. <3 Come join me!! I've met up with so many of my online friends at these events the past eight years and we've all had a blast every time. If you need help picking hotels or crunching numbers, poke me here, I'd be happy to assist.

Make your plans for Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019 NOW!!! <3

-Lor ^_^

Ever Dawnracer

E
I live in the vicinity of Chicago. It can be considerably easier to stay in northwest Indiana and ride the North Shore train in and out of the city (it runs pretty early and late).

I may be doing that myself if I go.

Not that I dislike Star Wars, but I can't really see myself enjoying one of these conventions. I'm reminded of Mike from RedLetterMedia's take on the whole Star Wars Celebration thing. The whole experience just seems oddly eerie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9m8frtGHg​

Lady Of Lore

Books and Cleverness (And Emots)
I hate to resurrect dead threads, but I hate over-posting new ones when there's a perfectly good one already in existence. :p So!

We're coming up on Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019! Anyone still interested in going to this?

I'll be there from April 9th-17th and would love to meet up with any of you fine people for a bit if you'd like someone to stroll the convention with or grab dinner. :) Or we could organize a small Chaos Gathering if there are enough people attending!

Feel free to contact me if you want to arrange anything or discuss it here, I'll be reachable via Discord, FaceBook and Instagram the whole time. <3

Discord: Lady of Lore#9169
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/lauren.slattery
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elegance_defined/

See you guys there!!! <3

I wish I wasn't on the other side of the pond so I could attend. Mostly because I want the FFG Celebration Darth Vader for Legion and am scared of the ebay prices afterwards to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom