Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique Thread: June 2013

Sky Kerberos

Former Sith Conqueror
The staff here are wonderful of course and you've built a great community.

One suggestion--I have seen three newcomers in the past week be met with a 'no you cannot do that' mentality. I understand rules and such, but sometimes, especially with newcomers to the site, maybe you can be a bit flexible. We should create a welcoming environment to them.

For instance, when I first started in 2002--I had a crazy instant heal power as a Sith Apprentice. My Master Ahnk, completely accepted me without one question and I had a great time with them and stayed for years on end. If however, I was met with a more unwelcoming: you can't do that, who knows...maybe I would have given up and not rp-ed again. Of course I am not speaking of newbies in my concern above, but they are new to the site and I wish we could be more open to them rather than bombard them with rules and don'ts.

I agree that we still need to find that sweet spot of rules and flexibility but you must understand that if a rule apply's to everyone else, it should still apply to the newbies.

Also, things have changed since the beginning of time. Things that were okay then, are no longer so now for particular reasons in that, some of those things simply do not help a community survive.

Such as a long time ago in a galaxy far away it was okay to start out as a Master as long as it was an alt and not your first character. That ship has left the harbour, and for good reason. If master was available to everyone at any time, no one would ever think to start out as an Apprentice, and they would power play the hell out of the site.

That isn't good for community. I would like to see a softer tone however, sometimes you guys can be a bit rough, but everyone has there days.

Sky Kerberos

Former Sith Conqueror
Of course I would not want to see people starting out as Masters. I think having the padawan/apprentice experience is critical to your character's development and also helps you find connections for your character and gives them a past that one can draw upon. And I understand about rules, and that it is difficult to find a balance between rules & niceness.

I'm just talking about small instances, things that aren't so rule breaking & don't really matter in the long run. Just sometimes being met with negative sentiment gives someone a lackluster vibe to continue, when initially they were full of excitement and I don't want to see that. I want people to stay & have fun of course.

Obviously it is completely up to the staff and I respect them. Just a little note is all :)

I'd like for you to state the particular instances that this happened, Sky, including links.

I ask that no Staff member respond until all of Staff has a chance to talk about it and see if we agree with your sentiment, Sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom