Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique Thread: June 2013

For those of you that have not seen this type of thread before, the Staff are interested in hearing your honest feedback and critique on our actions. I want to know what yall think of us.

You will not be judged for sincere commentary. This is because even Staff are human, and sometimes we do make mistakes or we are too zealous. If you have felt mistreated by Staff or that our policies are too harsh, please speak up. This is the only way that we can improve to the standard that yall deserve.

So, please speak up. I would love to hear from yall!

Since i am new here i rather feel odd posting this but, to give my honest assesment.

I absolutely love it, the board is great looking, the rules and systems developed look to be effecient, functional and ment to produce the most fun possible. All in all, i look forward to see how you guys develope this place over the years.

Two things bother me a little, and they are as followsL I read a few old topics and noticed there used to be mods, but there aren't anymore. And why can't newbies be neutral force users?

Darren Onyx

D
I think we need more of a heated war between the Sith and the Republic. They are mortal enemies and the only real tension I've seen is between the Mandalorians and the Sith.

We need a galactic event, much like Clockwork Rebellion, that would result in a huge war/battles between the Republic and Sith.

Besides that, I think the smaller factions need to really focus on who they are fighting for. If you look most of the factions are natural (besides Republic and Sith). I think all the factions should really try and stay on one side. There are certain factions, such as The Rebels, who are natural. But besides that all the factions should have a Dark Side or Light Side alliance. It doesn't mean if the Mandalorians are marked "dark side" means they have to serve the Sith. It just means they are loyal to that side more then they are the other.

Vladimir Tedesky said:
Two things bother me a little, and they are as followsL I read a few old topics and noticed there used to be mods, but there aren't anymore. And why can't newbies be neutral force users?
Mods were seen as a useless position and replaced by Roleplay Judges. New members may be Neutral Force Users, but if you are not transferring from another Star Wars community, you must begin as a Neutral Apprentice.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Dark Onyx said:
I think we need more of a heated war between the Sith and the Republic. They are mortal enemies and the only real tension I've seen is between the Mandalorians and the Sith.

We need a galactic event, much like Clockwork Rebellion, that would result in a huge war/battles between the Republic and Sith.
We're working on something that will lead in that direction. A couple of things, actually. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised relatively soon.

I understand where the policy is coming from, but I would like to see that the 'rule' regarding the use of pictures of other genres being an auto-deny to become more lax, as a submission should not be judged on the picture provided in my opinion.

Jhar'vokh said:
I understand where the policy is coming from, but I would like to see that the 'rule' regarding the use of pictures of other genres being an auto-deny to become more lax, as a submission should not be judged on the picture provided in my opinion.
This isn't a board rule, HOWEVER.

The RPJ's are allowed the freedom to allow and deny factory submissions as they see fit, and the Administrators hardly ever intervene given that it's very time consuming and would be very micro-managing of us to do so.

On that note, I'll see to it that your post gets a response from the Role-Play Judges. ;)

Some sources we're wary of because their copyright owners are aggressive in their ownership and that could present problems for us. On another level, we want to ensure that people understand that the picture does not necessarily half to equate with things exactly. Just because you ship submission is using a ship that had a Death Laser and shot flaming gnomes, doesn't mean that yours has to do the same. We're looking for the spirit of Star Wars in these submissions, and that's the biggest determining factor of whether we accept or deny a submission.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
This was recently discussed among some of the RPJ's, and we've reached a loose consensus that we'll be somewhat more flexible. For example, I just approved a droid for Vladimir which used an image from another product identity, which still fit the Star Wars mood and theme.

Also to be noted, Jhar'Vokh, is that you can appeal that the submission be looked at by someone else. If their reasoning is purely based on the art work, then I think you definitely have a case to get some denials to be appealed.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Dark Onyx said:
For the time being I am satisfied to study and analyze our new opponent, however I believe when our current crisis is over the death of the small one shall expedite the process of hatred amongst the Jedi. Not to mention once we finish conquering Mandalorian Space we'll be right at their doorstep. The Jedi shall be our prey once again in due time. All you have to do is wait.

Ayden Cater said:
Some sources we're wary of because their copyright owners are aggressive in their ownership and that could present problems for us. On another level, we want to ensure that people understand that the picture does not necessarily half to equate with things exactly. Just because you ship submission is using a ship that had a Death Laser and shot flaming gnomes, doesn't mean that yours has to do the same. We're looking for the spirit of Star Wars in these submissions, and that's the biggest determining factor of whether we accept or deny a submission.
And you see, that's a perfectly reasonable explanation I can appreciate and respect. I have no complaints then.

Ashin Varanin said:
This was recently discussed among some of the RPJ's, and we've reached a loose consensus that we'll be somewhat more flexible. For example, I just approved a droid for Vladimir which used an image from another product identity, which still fit the Star Wars mood and theme.
*thumbs up* And I thank you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom