Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSB Auction : Hegemonic Automaton, Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps, Damorian Manufacturi

Makai was still, watching as [member="Danger Arceneau"] as she clutched the napkin he had given her. There wasn't much he could say in regards to Miss Ar-cen-now's daughter. Tears fell from emerald eyes as her arms went around to hug him tightly. Skinny arms offered a hug back, squeezing the middle of the redhead tightly. The Ferris wheel rocked slightly and Makai clung lightly to the woman,trying to balance the pair out. They wouldn't really tip but it was an odd feeling.

"We are at the top."

He carefully looked over the edge at the crowds below. Looking down wasn't as exciting as the fake ceiling. Stars had broken out as if someone had flicked fine droplets of paint across the sky. The fake ceiling wasn't picking up much flight traffic, leaving nothing but the black and diamond-like specks.

"Are you going to be okay Miss Ar-cen-now? We can go back to where Dad is if you wanna be by yourself..."

Wiping the last of the moisture from her eyes, Danger graced the younger Dashiell with a wobbly smile. Oh my brave little man, she mused, pressing a kiss upon his temple. She felt the softness of his brown curls and the lingering scent of caramel on his skin.

"I'll be fine sweetie. It comes and goes that's all." she would assure him, giving him another slight squeeze for comfort. "We are having fun no?" she asked, leaning back to regard him.

"Besides." she shot back a glance at the illusionary sunset of the Twin Suns. "See that star up there." a finger would point to the faint white mark of the first evening star.

"Every time I see that, I know that Fiona is always here with me." she'd say. "I'd like to think that whereever on Tatooine I am, she's always there." he likely wouldn't understand, but it was what tied her to her child.

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"Yeah"

Makai wasn't sure if making Miss Ar-cen-now cry was anyone's idea of fun. The boy was merely agreeing to avoid making the Trade Queen feel bad. His eyes were already half-trained on the fake ceiling, listening to as the star was being pointed out to him. It stood out in the sky, brightly outshining the others littered around.

He nearly asked what happened when she left Tatooine. Were other stars out there that reminded her of Fiona? Yet he stopped. Makai thought it would be too rude, too forward. Some of his Dad must be rubbing off on him.

"I guess the star makes sense." There was a long pause a Makai touched his chest. "Dad says I'm right here...well, right there on him."

Maybe it was different for kids who weren't around anymore.

Danger smiled down at [member="Makai Dashiell"].

"That you are, my little man." she embraced him into the warmth of her arms anew. He had done his best to comfort her, and for that she was grateful. Pressing a kiss on top of the crown of his head, she gave his arm a brisk little rub.

"You are always in your pa's heart." the ferris wheel gave another small smooth lurch, moving forward as it began its decent. "Oh, here we go. I think we have another loop too."

The carnival was still in high effect, the many lights and sounds of jovial patrons floating on up for them to hear and see. It truly was a spectacular event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom