Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Sons of the Empire

FN-999

F

This page is intellectual property of the 908th Legion
sonsofempireobj.png

Interacting With: Open

Mustering the strength to make it to Fortress Imperator was not an easy task.
If his focus slipped for more than a few seconds, FN-999's mind would drift to the siege that seemed as if it happened just yesterday. Not even ten years ago, FN-999 had been among the first to breach the fortress at the head of a company of 908th stormtroopers, sacking what was then the center of Sith Imperial power. It was a brutal fight, and FN-999 had lost nearly half his company to Sith foot soldiers and Sith traitors within the Empire alike. He felt the coppery tang of blood in his mouth, his adrenaline pumping as if he was about to encounter the Eternal Empire's empress once more-

Deep breaths. Remember what your therapist told you.

The colonel's attention returned to the present, his legs unconsciously guiding him forwards towards the fortress's main entrance.

The longer you stay here, the better it will be. I just need to replace the bad memories of the past with good memories in the present.

The entrance loomed ahead, and a fully armored FN-999 joined a crowd of dozens entering the building.

I'm too famous to sulk. My legion needs me to put on a happy face. If I pretend for long enough, perhaps I too will be reborn.

Before he knew it, FN-999 was inside.

A vast banquet hall stretched out for dozens of meters on all sides, its tables seating hundreds. Imperials of all ranks wandered about, smaller groups of conversation forming and reforming throughout the hall. Before long, FN-999 was approached.

"Colonel, congratulations!" exclaimed a young private, vigorously shaking FN-999's hand through his armor.

"Thank you, private." replied FN-999. "They won't be announcing my award for a little while, so feel free to go enjoy the food."

"Party pooper." muttered the private teasingly, slapping the colonel's back before running off to join a few other privates in military uniforms.

A few seconds later, they all ran over to FN-999.

"Okay, I enjoyed some food." continued the private, a half-eaten pastry in his hands. "Now come and have some fun with us!"

The other four privates nodded approvingly.

FN-999 supposed there would be no escaping his eager bucketheads. He was by no means afraid of socialization, he had just wanted to interact more after he received his award. However, the colonel did have time on his hands, so he saw it as his duty to give his privates a night they wouldn't forget.

"All right." replied FN-999, a grin emerging beneath his helmet. "Drinking contest, winner gets double rations. The tab's on me."

"We'll show you how it's done, old man!" shouted another private excitedly, her long hair bouncing up and down as she peered up to face her commander.

DjqGXyQ.png

FN-999 stared at the five unconscious privates around him, a bemused expression on his face.
As soon as the group had arrived at the hall's bar, FN-999 ordered four full bottles of liquor per person. The sturdiest private had blacked out after three. It was a pleasant distraction, even if FN-999 had no need for double rations as a colonel.

"These kids have a lot to learn." muttered the colonel, smiling fondly at the group.

Sixteen years ago, he had been in the same situation, partying and drinking on his leave with all his closest pals from the First Order. It had been invigorating, a pleasant escape from the realities of war. Now, almost all of his First Order friends were dead, their bodies torn apart by Alliance rifles of Ssi-Ruuk claws. There was no escaping his responsibility as a commander of twelve thousand, even on his days of leave.

Truly, youth was a wonderful thing.

Aschwin Vethres

A

Aschwin Cassirer Vethres
Imperial Knight Templar
Heir of House Vethres
Shield of Bal Talmshaa
Commander of the 293rd

Direct Tags: Lily Stevens ; Ruaridh Aodh Ruaridh Aodh
Equipment:
Addlehorn Armor
Curved Lightsaber
Light Shield
Post Number:

Two

X5Yx2PB.png

sonsofempireobj.png

Aschwin decided to move away from one of the refreshment stands provided to the central bar area. His heavy armor gave them plenty of warning due to the relatively loud footsteps walking through the hall. His flowing cape behind him adorned with fur on top and his signature helmet with two ram like horns on either side. Although not particularly dressed for such an event one must never let their guard down even in front of other imperials. His hand was always near his curved lightsaber for even the slightest inch of trouble that might happen within Fortress Imperator.

Finally arriving at his location near the bar; he spotted one Ruaridh Aodh Ruaridh Aodh who seemed not to happy to be here and another Lily Stevens currently engaged in conversation with one another. Ordering a brand of wine from the bartender and instead of drinking with a glass. Promptly popped open the bottle and began to drink it without a care in the world. They went back and forth with each other for a time.

"Forgive the intrusion; Lily Stevens of SCAR Squadron and Second Lieutenant Ruaridth. I do hope that you don't mind some additional company for the evening. I am Aschwin Vethres; Imperial Knight." Aschwin introduced himself with a brief statement after waiting for a perfect opportunity to slide into the conversation. Wondering if they would mind any additional company for the duration of the event.

Sabe Aner

S

z1MI4Q2WwIqV-BVIHjjw_b7McQ5E3hJR8ZQWAVVeQj83WiBD4yyI5paWmsYOthKgNw0RgPSXg5Uh8p-sqNq3NWXzqCplnRhvhF6Bt0nc8V5Rc4jiiReWiaDwN4DBnq8-tYwmcSCRz3RoYc9yjA1XrrI

Tags: OPEN
Wearing:
DxILI_CRbDZsOjuVMiuEPMVU3c_I6ArwwdJkF42l1-pCZn4ns6vksoafChnS7lFi41C_bKp4ErS76BSkYXHERd6FZvrevS7Xi6usDcCbmhc2fcBBY_6qXzuSKIQmY_c24F0QWM9IwZhRBGdfe0ZdAsA

K5RI3v7inPRrsIAD8mO5XVXudJvEs8CAi6EKDYyVSJ3DKTJc-kxia66Mb51vK4AEw7zjI64icWmzYyYcSZorPz8Nua7bbcRdnL9md9qXdbsrANleTn1v-1umgzEY0ANusXej5qhfFQQmb2vB2nGI2PM

Sabe Aner never gave up a chance to attend a party, though she rarely visited Bastion anymore since being stationed in the Tion Cluster and assigned the command of the Red Devils. But the whole battle group had received this invitation and if Captain Ringbey and the rest of the men were going to get to party Sabe was certainly coming along as well.

The Imperial Knight wore many hats, but as a Zeltron Sabe usually found a way to put duties in there place when news of a party came along. For her taste there were far too many uniforms present in this particular party. But a lot of soldiers were invited and Sabe found that uniforms especially the dress type were much preferred over the attire a soldier would choose on their own.

Sabe circulated through the room, taking the offered refreshments and making sure she was seen even without using her species' inherent pheromones that would have every room in the place on her for one reason or another.

For now she wasn't looking to stir up that kind of reaction. Instead she scanned the room looking for someone interesting to talk with.

sonsofempireobj.png

"Glory"
[Open]
DjqGXyQ.png

Melvain had seen the propaganda broadcasts. They touted the Empire as victorious over the massed Alliance fleet, showed images of the weapon in action and the devastated Alliance fleet. "Fall of the Courageous" some were calling the piece after the downed Alliance flagship. How many Imperials lost their lives that day and all the Empire had to show for it was a broken supership and a new horde of wounded for the Mission to see to. Melvain attended this event as was expected of a Moff and a Knight Commander, but he did not relish it.

The Knights were being welded like a sharp pair of scissors in the hand of a toddler, swung at everything that moved. The part that pained him the most though was that the scissors did nothing to protest. They were Knights not stormtroopers. Their duty was not to the Lord-Regent and his cronies but to the people of the Empire. More and more however they were turned on the people both inside and without. Ilum had been the worst of it though. As much as the Knights pretended to be agnostic to the religions of the Sith and the Jedi the Force was real and places of power like Ilum should be respected if only so that they did not cause the Force to fall out of balance and destroy them all.

Moff Braxis raised his glass to the Empire. To "Glory".

sonsofempireobj.png

Bastion
Fortress Imperator
Imperial Gala - “The New Decree”

DjqGXyQ.png

“You went to the gardens this afternoon.”

From someone else, the sentence would’ve been phrased as a question. From Moff Rodrik Fel, it came out as a demand. Jorus had bucked back against his implacable nature, but Zorah weathered it with a quiet grace. Her father was a storm, so she had made herself into a mountain.

“I needed to gain perspective,” she replied. She could still feel the Emperor’s presence in the back of her mind like a distant breeze.

For a moment, her father was silent. She swept her eyes across the room to gaze upon the sons and daughters of the Empire; there was Lady Jan Beroya Jan Beroya , resplendent in a glittery purple dress, crowded by her brothers and the crimson-robed Cardinal, Pietro Demici Pietro Demici . And there, clad in his battle armor, stood the Shield of Bal Talmshaa himself, Aschwin Vethres. She glimpsed the level-headed Admiral Abeodan Charidot idling at a table, and Irveric Tavlar’s son, Kriegan Tavlar Kriegan Tavlar , mingling with her fellow Knight-Errant Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin , and L Lily Evans, the medic of Task Force 99. Her father, the exacting taskmaster that he was, had drilled her on every attendee; names, codenames, battle histories, the works. It was too much at times, the things he demanded of her, but she weathered them all the same.

“And this necessitated the presence of your brother?”

Ah. That’s why he’s questioning me. “I didn’t know he was going to be there.” His appearance had been quite the unwelcome surprise, but had ultimately been overshadowed by the Emperor’s ghost.

She hadn’t told anyone- she didn’t think she ever would.

Her father’s blue eyes hardened into icy fleks. She had inherited his eyes; Jorus had inherited their mother’s. “So it was a coincidence? You just happened to visit the Pellaeon Gardens at the same time?”

“Coincidence or providence,” Zorah began, thinking of iron shaped from wind, “only the Force knows.”

He all but snarled. “Do not let yourself be led astray by sentiment. Your brother is a failure. A common trooper. Forget him.”

She grit her teeth. “Those troopers are the backbone of this Empire. He enlisted. That means something.”

Her father scoffed. “It means nothing. He joined the Legions for no other reason than to spite me.”

For that, Zorah had no rebuttal. That sounded like something Jorus would do. As if he’d been summoned by the thought, she noticed her brother in the crowd, standing among the other members of his squad. Her father hadn’t seen him yet- no doubt he’d fly into a rage the moment he did. Best she be gone before that happened.

“I’m going to the bar,” she announced, smoothing out the sleeves of her dress. She didn’t drink- her brother’s antics had soured her on liquor- but the bar was on the far side of the room from both Jorus and her father, and crowded enough with soldiers that she could get lost in the throng.

Off she went.

Kav Canthar

K

scar_banner.png

R A N C O R
THE EMPIRE
AT THE BAR
ALLIES: Hal Vaiken | Margo Liaeris | Lily Stevens | Leto Karazyn | Katja Javik | Kriegan Tavlar Kriegan Tavlar | Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin
ENGAGING: Alcohol + Zorah Fel Zorah Fel

imp_spacer.png

"Hah," Kav grinned as he glanced to Leto. "Friendly fire - nice."

The heavy rested against the bar, elbows firmly planted, as he inconspicuously watched the events unfolding along the length. Across the way, Katja had arrived. Tavlar had deflected. The unknown blond humanoid had yet to respond. It was anyone's guess as to where it might go, and part of Kav hoped it would be a brawl, but Sarge might have mentioned not doing that... so it was down to awkward social engagement.

And yet.

"Damn. Have to give it to Tav," Kav said in a low voice, as he smirked behind the lip of the beer glass. "He didn't panic. Carbonite runs in those veins, huh?"

The bar-drama continued in earnest. But, from many years of service in battle, Kav felt eyes on him. He turned, glanced over his shoulder, and caught sight of Sarge in the crowd. It was good to see the boss out of medbay, but there was a distinct glare being thrown Kav's way - as the Ragithian had only caught the last stare, of the whole squad, which had been directed at him.

Then the comlink beeped.

"Wha?" Kav blinked at the message from Sarge, demanding he keep the uniform zipped, and looked back to Leto. "Man, did you get that ping, too? What have we even done? Pft."

Kav scoffed and turned back to the bar, as he reached out for his seventh beer.

"It's like he doesn't trust us or something..."

With a grunt, Kav stood up to his full height, his sight line well above the average, and he paused. Mid-drink, no less. It was hard not to notice the brunette that weaved through the throng of soldiers and officers, dressed in a flowing navy-purple dress with fancy bits on it. Kav motioned with his eyes, aiming to catch Leto's attention, then put on his lop-sided grin as the female humanoid got closer.

"Hey, name's Kav," The Ragithian said to get her attention. "Can I buy you a drink? My treat."

"The beverages are free, sir," The bartender said from behind.

"Even better. Can I buy you a free drink?"

sonsofempireobj.png

TAG: Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis (Open)

Moff Marcus Bastion smiled politely while he listened to yet another bureaucrat talk about the glory of the Empire. The man was tedious but it wouldn't be proper for Moff Bastion to do anything other than what he was doing which was listening or at least pretending to listen. The bureaucrat himself wasn't important but the man had connections despite or perhaps because of his affluent boisterousness. In fairness the bureaucrat was probably thinking along similar lines, both were using the event as a means of establishing contacts. Currently there wasn't anything that Moff Bastion required of the fool, but five minutes of conversation would establish enough of a connection for Bastion to enquire after the man at a later date.

"Indeed" Marcus interrupted during a brief moment that the old windbag used to take a breath "The Glorious victory is a testament to the glory of the Empire itself"

"Now if you'll excuse me gentlemen. I believe I see a delicious Zeltron vintage, I should try before someone else snatches it away"

Marcus bowed politely as he tried to disengage from the conversation as delicately as possible.

The etiquette and protocol at an event like this were important. Little games of protocol were how one showed civility and respect. It could be tedious but generally less trouble than a duel, schism or other factional infighting could be.

In truth the only real thing that united everyone in the room was The Empire itself. Otherwise the thin venire of contempt radiated off of everyone in the room. Still minor events like this were useful in assessing the field. Keeping an eye on rising stars or an eye out for falling ones.

Marcus was reminded of the thought as he caught sight of another Moff. One whom he was not acquainted with personally.

"Sir Knight" Marcus inclined his head in respect. The Knights were formidable warriors and ultimate in their loyalty to the Empire. Even if they could be intolerable bleeding heart softies. Atleast they weren't weak like the even more intolerable clerks. "Or do you prefer Moff Braxis?"

"Moff Bastion"
Marcus introduced himself more as a polite reminder than anything else. Moff's tended to keep an eye on each other. "Not Moff of Bastion of course… atleast not yet"

"Enjoying the festivities?"

Kelinna Tryn

K

sonsofempireobj.png

R E A P E R
THE EMPIRE
FORTRESS IMPERATOR | RAVELIN
SCAR CLOCKING IN: Hal Vaiken | Katja Javik | Kav Canthar | Margo Liaeris | Leto Karazyn
OTHER TAGS: Ruaridh Aodh Ruaridh Aodh | Aschwin Vethres | Open
scar_banner.png

irondiv.png

banner6.png

CHASING ECHOES

"You're good at reading people,"

Lily smirked at his remark.
"Watching people through a rifle scope tends to give one that skill." she chuckled before taking another sip of her whiskey.

He still seemed slightly skittish as she held out a hand. She could see the wheels turning in his head before he finally decided to shake her hand.
"Serg- ah, Second Lieutenant Ruaridh, STRIDER Company... in case you were wondering whether or not to salute,"
She let out a snort before taking another sip of her drink.
"Do forgive me, Sir. Hard to tell rank on an Officer in civilian clothing." she smiled, putting some emphasis on the title.

Just then, another voice politely interjected.
"Forgive the intrusion; Lily Stevens of SCAR Squadron and Second Lieutenant Ruaridth. I do hope that you don't mind some additional company for the evening. I am Aschwin Vethres; Imperial Knight."
Lily turned slightly to get a better look at him, spotting the bottle of wine in his hand.
"Not at all, Knight Vethres." she said before nodding to the bottle. "Go big or go home, huh?" she joked. "Heard you had a good run on Ilum, Knight Vethres?" she added, more sincere.

She then looked at Ruaridh.
"What has STRIDER Company been up to lately, Sir? I haven't been in the loop for a while because of back to back deployments." she asked him. She had heard of them before, but haven't been able to follow their exploits.

Castor E-196

Imperial Naval Special Forces

sonsofempireobj.png

Master Sergeant Castor E-196
Imperial Navy Special Forces Command; Attached to SCAR

Objective: enjoy the gala : )
Tags: SCARFAM: Lily Stevens Kav Canthar Leto Karazyn
Others at bar: Ruaridh Aodh Ruaridh Aodh Aschwin Vethres Zorah Fel Zorah Fel || OPEN OPEN

Bastion.

Heart of the empire, seat of power. Castor realised he had been here only a few times: during the ELITE training program, one 'internal surveillance' operation against some local political group gone too rowdy, and some administrative travel. From the outside, especially here at the Fortress, it was the very model of Imperial order, even aesthetically. Angles, greys, lines. Just like the shipyards back home, before... well. Before everything.

Castor ambled about the shuttle port, watching the shuttles come and go. He leaned on one of the open-air railings, overlooking the city, feeling the wind in his un-helmeted face. The serial numbers on the flanks of the ships (and those without), the many models of ships. The moving heart of the Empire, its military elite moving back and forth to congregate here on this day of celebration and remembrance. It was... calming to see and hear the sounds of the ships.

He wondered if there were other graduates of the ELITE programme here. True, he and his ilk seldom showed up at such events. Too conspicuous. But perhaps some had risen in rank and station to be here today. Alas, he did not even know how he would contact them or find them.

Castor realised he had been deep in thought, enjoying the silence, for almost half an hour when his mind focussed here again. Castor turned around and headed into the Fortress.

X5Yx2PB.png
Most of SCAR were hanging out at the bar, along with some Knights, it appeared. Kav Canthar was chatting someone up, Lily Stevens was deep in conversation and Leto Karazyn was there too. The rest of the event was a bit too formal, a bit too many high-powered Moffs and Admirals. Castor walked up to them, loosening his waistband slightly. Damned thing was not cut for the extra weight of his biological enhancements. Castor was almost at talking distance when he realised he did not know what to say, really.

"Can I get one too?"

Castor slid into a seat between Kav and Lily's groups, and before he realised he had torpedoed Kav's moves, he had already turned his head to listen in on Lily's conversation, as would be obvious to any of them, also not realising how strange it was for him to suddenly appear ad silently listen to a conversation between three people.

Aschwin Vethres

A

Aschwin Cassirer Vethres
Imperial Knight Templar
Heir of House Vethres
Shield of Bal Talmshaa
Commander of the 293rd

Direct Tags: Lily Stevens ; Ruaridh Aodh Ruaridh Aodh
Equipment:
Addlehorn Armor
Curved Lightsaber
Light Shield
Post Number:

Third

X5Yx2PB.png

sonsofempireobj.png

Aschwin was allowed into their conversation at least; moving the bottle up to his lips to drown his unamusement at being here. He made a small laugh when she made a joke about "Go big or go home" but otherwise was more reserved. The mention of Ilum brought up some bad memories of his defeat by a bunch of padawans and his inability to defend his family's honor. His Father Moff Kanollic II Vethres was seriously disappointed and trusted Admiral Chariot more than him at this point.

"Not a particularly good run; although I did manage to scar the spawn of Vice-Chancellor Pryce." Ashcwin said having found out the padawan's name later on. He didn't want to mention the kid's name for fear of being unhinged at this event in a bad way. He was here to get a reward after all and wouldn't want to sully the name of the Vethres Dynasty even more than he had. The bottle had gone by now and was replaced with another. Stress drinking one might call it but his force abilities would prevent him from being too intoxicated.

Orik Dakari

Imperial Military Police
sonsofempireobj.png

Sons of the Empire
908th Legion, 303rd Forward Security Battalion, 1st Company, 1st Platoon
Objective: Mingle, wait for promotion
Equipment: nice uniform
Tags: OPEN​

"And I expect you lot not to disgrace our uniform. Clear?"

"Yes Sergeant!"

Orik nodded and waved the platoon off. The MPs grinned and scattered, looking to get some drinking time in or play one of the arcades hidden away in one of the siderooms of the gala. Orik, for his part, was just happy to be out of the line for a bit. Enjoy proper food, in a nice place. He realised that he might be able to talk to some of the commanders he'd bumped into in the past few battles. He would much prefer to hang out with his men, but he knew they might prefer him not to be around for some of their more... devilish schemes, so he happily gave them some space.

It wasn't long until he found someone familiar.

FN-999 stared at the five unconscious privates around him, a bemused expression on his face.
As soon as the group had arrived at the hall's bar, FN-999 ordered four full bottles of liquor per person. The sturdiest private had blacked out after three. It was a pleasant distraction, even if FN-999 had no need for double rations as a colonel.
In any other event Orik would immediately start to go into 'event security' mode, but today Orik just looked bemusedly as he walked up.

"Bucketheads never change."

sonsofempireobj.png

UaaFcjP.png

Tag: Open for Interaction

Keylee continued through the gilded gala halls and was about to reach out for a colourful drink on a plate, carried by a waiter. Right before Keylee could grab hold of the colourful drink, the waiter was called over to a group before Keylee could grab the drink she had in sight. With a huffed and annoyed stare after the waiter as he provided all his drinks to the group, she went after another waiter. However, the second waiter she found did see Keylee and soon the young Atrisian could enjoy her cooled drink by herself off to the side.

Even though it was a bit boring, Keylee used her time to at least observe the gala and the people who interacted. She gave a quickened glance towards the large double gated doors as more guests seemed to arrive, each getting announced the title and/or name and/or rank. Keylee had been quick to tell the announcer not to announce her as she didn't want attention to be placed on her as she was nothing but a lowly cadet still in training for the mechanized division within the Empire.

Besides, everyone was so fancy and knew each other, probably from years of service, she would just feel out of place, if she barged in, in the middle of conversations.

NIO_symbol_black_v21.png

sonsofempireobj.png

Tag: Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion

Adera had been on Bastion when a brewing crisis back on the planet under her governorship was beginning to boil over. She had been almost on the shuttle when news came out of the gala. Despite her better judgement, she knew she could not miss this. She'd painted a target on her back after the moff council and subsequent decree made it clear that she her opinions were in the distinct minority of the governing elite. Well, can't make waves without making enemies, after all.

She needed to maintain ties to others of her view. Others that worried about some of the measure the Empire was taking. Its direction. Tamaisy would unfortunately, have to wait. In any case, Adera knew she would have little impact on the brewing events there even if she were present.

And so she mingled with others. Politicians, commanders. She was finished talking to an ISB contact about ongoing security concerns when she spotted Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion . The Moff that tried to finagle the compromise. And it had almost worked, too. Calculating and smart, and clearly either unwilling and unsure of taking the Tarkinist hardliner stance. The Moff was presently talking to Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis , Knight Regent and a Moff himself. Her contacts in the Imperial Mission had only given her scattered opinions on the man. The usual honourable Knight type, an associate of Dooku himself. Good, she could work with that.

"Sir Knight" Marcus inclined his head in respect. The Knights were formidable warriors and ultimate in their loyalty to the Empire. Even if they could be intolerable bleeding heart softies. Atleast they weren't weak like the even more intolerable clerks. "Or do you prefer Moff Braxis?"

"Moff Bastion"
Marcus introduced himself more as a polite reminder than anything else. Moff's tended to keep an eye on each other. "Not Moff of Bastion of course… atleast not yet"

"Enjoying the festivities?"
"Good day to you, Moff Bastion. I trust things are going well?"

"And to you too Moff Braxis. I have heard great things about the Knights under your leadership."

sonsofempireobj.png

DEMICI HEIR
THE EMPIRE
FORTRESS IMPERATOR | BASTION
TAG: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici | Enzo Demici Enzo Demici | Cosimo Demici | Open

irondiv.png

banner5.png

WEAVER OF DREAMS

"Oh please, Cosimo was just lucky to run into a girl who decided to drop her standards."

Raina let out an incredulous chuckle at his words.
"If Cosimo doesn't deck you for that, Contessina definitely will. Better run back to that Destroyer of yours while you still can, little brother." she said as they entered the hall proper.

Almost instantly they were met by the crimson robes of the Faith of Ashla that belonged to none other than their uncle.
"It has been a long time. I hope that you have all been well."
For the first time in a very long while, the smile that spread on the Inquisitor's face was devoid of all sarcasm and beamed with familial love.
"Uncle, it's so good to see you!" she laughed as she embraced him. "We've been well, war not withstanding." she added before Enzo tackled the Cardinal for himself.

"You've picked up some weight. All that mass bread and wine piling up?"
"Enzo!" Raina barked. "We really can't take you anywhere - dressed up or not."
A server drifted past with some drinks and the Inquisitor helped herself to a flute before turning back to her uncle.
"So Uncle, how fares things on your front? Any troubles lately aside from the war effort?" she asked him. The war has affected everyone within the Galaxy. She did, however, wonder how the latest situation with the Galactic Alliance was going to affect the current standings between the Empire and the Crusade. Things were getting more precarious in the Galaxy by the minute.

She'd hate to be completely cut off from her family because of politics.

"Moff Bastion" Marcus introduced himself more as a polite reminder than anything else. Moff's tended to keep an eye on each other. "Not Moff of Bastion of course… atleast not yet"

Melvain struggled not to roll his eyes. There would never be a "Moff" of Bastion. It was Imperial Center, the "Moff" of Bastion would always be the Emperor. This was why he tried his best to busy himself with Knight or Mission work when Moff gatherings took place. It was also probably why he had very few allies among the Moff Council. He wasn't worried about his position though. There was little men such as Moff Bastion could do to him that wouldn't catch the wrong kind of attention. He smiled.

"Either is fine," he said, "Whichever you prefer." He took a sip from his wine glass. New Alderaanina Red. "They are lavish," he said trailing off as he watched the approach of another unfamiliar face. One that he hoped to make much more familiar in the coming days.

She was tall with surprisingly piercing grey eyes and auburn hair. She cut an imperious figure walking through the crowd of moffs, administrators, and military officers. A figure he wouldn't mind seeing-

"And to you too Moff Braxis. I have heard great things about the Knights under your leadership."

Melvain bowed his head in respect. "Thank you," he said, "But you catch me at a disadvantage miss..."

sonsofempireobj.png

Bastion
Fortress Imperator
Imperial Gala - “The New Decree”

DjqGXyQ.png

"Hey, name's Kav," The Ragithian said to get her attention. "Can I buy you a drink? My treat."

"The beverages are free, sir," The bartender said from behind.

She turned cool blue eyes on the burly frame of Kav Canthar. He was handsome enough, she supposed, in a rugged, rough-hewn way, but she was more impressed by his exploits with Task Force 99. She wasn't impressed at all, however, with his offer, and let it be known in the flat line of her lips and the slight slant of her brow; yet she claimed the seat beside him nonetheless.

"No thank you. I'm quite capable of getting one on my own, Sergeant." She signaled the bartender. "One Darth Malted Milkshake. No alcohol, please."

Kanollic II Vethres

K

Kanollic II Vethres
Chief Inspector
Patriarch of House Vethres
Moff of Bal Talmshaa

Direct Tags: Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion ; Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis ; Adera Vellas Adera Vellas
Post Number:
ONE

X5Yx2PB.png

sonsofempireobj.png

The 78 Year Old Moff of Bal Talmshaa and Chief Inspector of the Imperial Inspectorate arrived into the Pristine Halls of Fortress Imperator. His son Aschwin Vethres had received an award for his contributions on Ilum to be awarded tonight by the Lord-Regent of the Empire. Although he regarded his son's failure to defeat a bunch of padawans has a stain on the reputation of House Vethres. He had made it perfectly clear to Aschwin that failure was no longer an option and he was half tempted to disown him and adopt someone else into the bloodline.

His elderly eyes gazed through the crowd until coming upon a gathering of Moffs in the form of Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion ; Adera Vellas Adera Vellas and finally Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis conversing with one another. He had unfortunately missed the Moff Council meeting due to needing a hip replacement surgery done. Just a few days earlier he was personally visited on Bal Talmshaa by Julius Haskler who wanted to set up a monitoring team for the Union of Imperial Warlords within the south of the galaxy. His long overcoat went down his waist and sorta flowed with each step.

Maneuvering through the crowd of imperial officials until coming face to face with the group of fellow moffs. "I hope that I am not too late to join the party of Moffs. Moff Bastion, Moff Braxis and Moff Vellas. Moff Vethres of Bal Talmshaa" He said with a friendly tone towards them leaning on his wooden cane to provide support for his elderly body as he introduced himself to them. "I will personally apologize for not appearing at the Moff Council meeting due to medical problems." Kanollic II explained in rather off hand remark not meant to be a cause for concern in the case that the other moffs would conspire against him.

sonsofempireobj.png

Tags: Lily Stevens / Aschwin Vethres / SCARbois / Barflies
W97n1D7.png

"Do forgive me, Sir. Hard to tell rank on an Officer in civilian clothing."

"That was the point, Stevens. I didny want every sycophantic Sergeant bothering me while I'm trying to enjoy my whiskey and cigar," Ruaridh said, a small smile on his face. He puffed on his cigar as an Imperial Knight introduced himself, bottle of rapidly depleting wine in one hand and another seeming to hover near the hilt of a lightsaber at their belt. He had never shared a conversation with a Knight before this moment, so he had no references to base his opinion off, but it was clear the big man gave no shits about what was decorous at a gala like this, and that made him alright in Ruaridh's books.

"Not a particularly good run; although I did manage to scar the spawn of Vice-Chancellor Pryce."

Ruaridh noted Aschwin's apprehension in answering. He had missed out on the hellscape of Ilum, but had skimmed some of the reports - unofficially, of course - and was both glad to have escaped deployment and sad to have missed out on the action. His squad had joked about Ruaridh's death wish attitude, largely ignored by himself, but he had to admit there was something to that. He noted the Knight grabbing another bottle of wine, having emptied the first.

"You drink faster than a Galidraani naval ensign, Knight," Ruaridh said, raising his glass in respect before draining it and signalling the bartender. "Same again, bud - one ice cube, mind. Any more and you water down perfection," he smirked at the Sergeant.

"What has STRIDER Company been up to lately, Sir? I haven't been in the loop for a while because of back to back deployments." she asked him. She had heard of them before, but haven't been able to follow their exploits.

Ruaridh took the opportunity to pick up his new whiskey and take a sip while considering his reply. Honesty, among two strangers he had never met before and hadn't even deigned to provide with his infamous clan's name? Then again, SCAR were part of the 501st, elite commandos like his own company, and Aschwin as a Knight would surely have little interest in the politics of a minor Galidraani clan. Ah, fuck it.

"Lately? Surviving an insurgent uprising on Sycorax IV that wiped out every other Imperial on the planet, only to be deployed to pissy little border disputes and skirmishes," he said, wishing he had decided to keep his mouth shut as soon as it opened.

niosmol.png

sonsofempireobj.png

TAG: Adera Vellas Adera Vellas Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis Kanollic II Vethres
"Either is fine," he said, "Whichever you prefer." He took a sip from his wine glass. New Alderaanina Red. "They are lavish," he said trailing off as he watched the approach of another unfamiliar face. One that he hoped to make much more familiar in the coming days.
Marcus nodded politely as he started assess the Imperial Knight and Moff. A warrior that much was obvious by the mans reputation but also confirmed by his manor. Marcus saw Moff Braxis size him up assess and dismiss Marcus as just the type of buraecrat he himself had just escaped from.

Fine let him think me the fool, all the better to fool him.

"Indeed they are Moff Vellas. All the better for your company"
Melvain bowed his head in respect. "Thank you," he said, "But you catch me at a disadvantage miss..."
"Oh please allow me" Marcus intervened "Moff Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis may I introduce Moff Adera Vellas Adera Vellas . One of the more… generous members of the Moff Council"

"Moff Vellas it is good to see you in a more social capacity"
Marcus greeted the fellow Moff respectfully "I regret that your counsel was ignored so readily. Your proposals were altruistic and would have done many in and for our Empire a great deal of good."

"Still perhaps not all of your sentiments were discarded. I know you to be aware of how important it is for the Empire to maintain it's dignity on a public level. Events like this not only establish loyalty but acknowledge deeds of honour. I hope the meaning of this event will help establish the honour of our Imperial Troops in the face of adversity and send a clear message of unity not just within the Empire but to those who would stand in opposition to us."

"I hope that I am not too late to join the party of Moffs. Moff Bastion, Moff Braxis and Moff Vellas. Moff Vethres of Bal Talmshaa" He said with a friendly tone towards them leaning on his wooden cane to provide support for his elderly body as he introduced himself to them. "I will personally apologize for not appearing at the Moff Council meeting due to medical problems."
"It would appear that we would be forming our own Moff Council here and now" Marcus joked amiably "Your absence was to our loss I'm sure. The Empire could have used a man of your wisdom Moff Kanollic II Vethres and of your valor Moff Braxis at that table."

wdVk55V.png

Sahar|Imperial Knights|Bastion
Tags:// Sahar doesn't know how to socialise :(
dbRE3u5.png

A few hours prior...

Her return to Bastion was marked by solitude and total isolation, separating herself from the other Knights and even the higher-ups of Imperial command; Sahar spent many hours in deep meditation and thought on the past few events that had transpired. Then, free of any social interaction or nagging by lower-ranking knights, she poured all of her grief and rage into meditation and sparring against a training bag located deep in the bowels of the fortress Ravelin. To Sahar, the bag symbolised the weight of her failure to kill Dagon and the knowledge that she had fallen short in her work against the Jedi. And so, day in day out, hour by hour, she put all of her rages and hate into it, punching and kicking the bag relentlessly, practising combat manoeuvres and dodges, all while swearing she would not fail again, she would not fail her lord once more.

Wiping the sweat from her brow, she moved to the side of room, grabbing a towel and hanging it over her shoulder as a notification sounded on her datapad. Sahar gazed over to the datapad, hesitant to move and even acknowledge whoever wished to ruin her time. But something told her she should.

Twelve hours later...

Sahar adorned in the ceremonial armour of her ilk, joined the party, waving away the offer of wine or food from the servers. She wasn't one to drink, it merely clouded her judgement and was but a frivolous distraction from carrying out her duty as a knight. Wine was the weapon of the diplomat and cowardly ISB agent, from which many a drunk could secrets be pulled out and poison could be slipped in, condemning the poor unsuspecting drunk to puke his own literal guts out hours later. The lords and moffs avoided her, she could feel it with their piercing gazes that bored into the back of the Kandarans head, they all knew who she was and opted to stay clear of her.

Not that she minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom