Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Sons of the Empire

Kav Canthar

K
scar_banner2.png

R A N C O R
THE EMPIRE
AT THE BAR
ALLIES: Imps
ENGAGING: RTB

imp_spacer2.png

Still, as fun as it was to watch, even Kav's alcohol addled brain knew there were some other responsibilities he had to keep in mind.

Namely the next day.

Chances were SCAR would be needed for something, so he wanted to be as fresh as possible - despite the way the room seemed to swirl - for whatever challenge he faced. Not only that, but he had to clean his weapons, they needed to be ready for deployment at a moments notice.

Maybe Kav would wait until the morning for that, though.

Yeah.

Probably best.

With one last mouthful of beer, the heavy mock saluted casually to his fellow Imperials at or near the bar, then sauntered off to places unknown...

Kav exits.

Jaida Tess

J

sonsofempireobj.png

Fortress Imperator, Bastion
Imperial Gala

Arriving late. Getting a drink at the bar
TAG: Open for interaction, possibly FN-999...

irondiv.png
Jaida Tess looked down at her wristchrono and couldn't believe the time, then turned on her heel to head back towards where the main hall was located at the other end of the structure.

When the Flight Captain had initially arrived a whole hour before, she started out by walking the halls of the Fortress like a tourist, taking in all the statues erected and learning a bit about each honored hero represented. It was the least she could do given the Empire was her new home and these were her people now.

Back in Avalonia on Dosuun, there had been a similar type of memorial erected, honoring those that had fought and sacrificed their lives defending the homeland from the Ssi-ruuvi when the saurian species from the Unknown Regions attacked the Imperial nation and conquered the world for a time period until the resistance was able to rise up and send them back where they came from. Her mother's name was etched into the memorial wall... and the elder Tess's remains were buried in the main underground tunnel underneath the once fallen city. The memory of those days of seeking out a mere existence with the Imperial Resistance forces were some of Jaida's least favorite memories...

The Dosuuni shook her head to clear those wistful thoughts as the double doors of the main hall were dead ahead. She took a deep breath in, then out before entering the festive atmosphere. It seemed the young Tess had missed the majority of the awards ceremony, but the celebration was in full swing or maybe a little bit past as some of the attendees appeared to have partaken in several rounds of refreshments already. Good for them... that is if they didn't have to report in the morning for duty.

Dressed simply in an all-black ensemble of a turtle neck sweater and a pair of slacks, Jaida's long champagne-colored hair was left down with minimal makeup and jewelry worn. The blonde was already quite tall so the pumps worn had a manageable heel to them yet were stylish.

Steel blue orbs scanned the room, but Jaida didn't see anyone she recognized being so new to this Imperial military family it was par for the course. She had been surprised upon receiving an invitation to this event, though perhaps her being the commanding officer of one of the 181st squadrons it wasn't such a surprise afterall.

Long, slow strides took the TIE pilot through the patrons gathered, juking and jiving her way to the bar. Jaida flashed a small smile to the bartender and asked for a glass of their house wine. She wasn't particular which kind just not any of that bubbly stuff. It always gave her a roaring headache for days and that wasn't conducive to flying with.

Last edited by a moderator:

3epJBAD.png

Imperial Knight shizz

6sjWhBt.png

And so it was done. The fanfare of the ceremony had drawn the attention of those directly connected with the proceedings, bringing with it a modest crowd of onlookers who were present to see the younger Knight be awarded with the honors she'd earned through nothing more than her own diligence.

Officially she was a Knight, and no longer the Errant who needed to look upwards towards another for guidance and authority, although Luc suspected that it'd take some time for her to get accustomed to her new position. Yet, despite the proceedings reaching what appeared to be its natural conclusion, there was one final thing to which Lucien would address. One final gift, and one final decision to be left into the capable hands of the newly-promoted before him.

He leveled his gaze across the room, amber eyes piercing through the festivities until they settled upon Jan Beroya Jan Beroya for a short spell of time. A smile curled upon his lips as he mused upon the idea of calling her over, but the fanfare and ceremony had already been drawn out, and she was a bit too busy getting her groove on to pay much attention elsewhere. His gaze returned to Mira shortly after the thought left his mind.

"To cap this event off, Mira, I wish to leave you with a gift; a choice, to which you, and only you, may decide upon for yourself. You have followed Raina for some time, but now you are no longer bound to the fate of another in the role of Master and Apprentice. I have decided to give you the opportunity to make a choice of your own."

A hand extended outwards to accompany the soft smile he leveled towards her junior.

"Or you may, if you wish, join my Chapter, if you wish to try something new. It is a decision that I've decided upon myself, but I would not dare to force you to leave where you're comfortable, either. Therefore this choice I hope is the first of many you will make as Knight-- and its solely yours to decide, Mira."

FN-999

F

sonsofempireobj.png
Interacting With: Jaida Tess | Open

The newly minted Baron was disrupted from his concerns about Aoki Mira when a second figure joined him at the bar.

She was a young human woman, her youthful appearance suggesting that she was several years younger than FN-999. Her appearance was of an appealing simplicity, her pale face unblemished the scars of war and her shoulder-length blonde hair falling evenly across either side of her head. He had no way of distinguishing her rank and department of the Imperial military, her simple clothes unadorned by any medals or rank insignia.

Still, something about her seemed oddly familiar.

Something about her frame reminded the Baron of his teenage years as a First Order cadet, holofeeds and the study rooms of the dorms coming to mind. He couldn't put a word to the feeling, but he suspected that he had seen her or someone related to her all the way back in the heyday of the First Order, and that the sighting had been memorable enough to linger in his brain to the present day.

Suddenly realizing that he was staring through his helmet, the Baron turned away, returning his attention to the Imperial Knights.

After a few seconds, he found it appropriate to face the woman again, pivoting himself in his seat.

"What brings you here?" asked the newly minted Baron.

Jaida Tess

J

sonsofempireobj.png

Imperial Gala

Having a drink at the bar
TAG: FN-999 | Open

irondiv.png
Jaida gave the bartender a nod of thanks as he placed a glass of white wine onto a cocktail napkin atop the bar counter in front of her. She gave the contents a light swirl, sniffed the bouquet, then took a sip. It was a Riesling, not too sweet by her standards. Nothing beat the varietals from back home though. The weather and soil were perfect for growing wine grapes in and around Avalonia, Victoria too... or were. Many of the beautiful vineyards had not recovered from the Ssi-ruuvi invasion. Such a pity too... One of the finer benefits of living on Dosuun.

The blonde took another sip, then sensed she was being ogled. Jaida turned ever so to see who it might be. Her steel blue eyes took in the stormtrooper that the bartender had served right before she walked up.

His helmet made it difficult for her to clearly see why he was staring, but the way his head was slightly tilted he was questioning something. Though... Who keeps their helmet on if they are going to partake in the refreshments as he had a bottle with him?

Jaida herself had decided to dress down for the evening affair since the TIE pilot wasn't getting any awards nor was she on the clock as they say. Some attending were in uniform, some not though were dressed appropriately.

"What brings you here?" asked the newly minted Baron.

The Dosuuni turned a bit more on the stool, crossing one long leg over the other with her hand gently yet firmly holding the wine glass in a casual fashion. "I would suppose I am here the same as you, supporting our brethren for their accolades earned in battle and other endeavors for the Empire.," she answered with a clipped Avalonian accent etched in her voice...

That is when the rank bar came into focus and the new title overheard a few moments earlier in the conversation between him and the bartender registered.

The woman put the glass down, then the officer stood up, not hastily but with purpose and grace. "Please forgive me, sir. We have not been formally introduced. I am Flight Captain Jaida Tess, the new commanding officer of the 181st Red Devils. Congratulations on your promotion, Baron. Well deserved," she offered with a cant of her golden head.

Awkward.

FN-999

F

sonsofempireobj.png

"Please forgive me, sir. We have not been formally introduced. I am Flight Captain Jaida Tess, the new commanding officer of the 181st Red Devils. Congratulations on your promotion, Baron. Well deserved," she offered with a cant of her golden head.

Without even realizing it, the Baron had begun to pleasantly chuckle.
Even privates in his own legion rarely ever addressed FN-999 so formally, and seeing an accomplished TIE pilot extend such formal greetings was a surprising sight. He found himself quickly warming to the young woman, her immediate courtesy revealing a dedication to leadership which the staunch loyalist could easily respect.

"Please, call me Colonel Nines." replied FN-999 wholeheartedly. "Though I admit, Baron does have a nice ring to it. It's nice to meet you, Captain Tess. The tab for the bar's on me, so feel free to drink as much as you please."

The Baron had heard of the 181st Fighter Wing before, having built a well-earned reputation for and excellence and fighting in some of the same space battles as the 908th's elite 1st Spacetrooper Company. The fluid, practiced mannerisms of its captain easily represented the prestige of the wing as a whole.

The nagging sense of familiarity continued. He felt as if he remembered another prestigious pilot with her profile, felt as if he had at one point known a good deal about such a person. However, the thought remained in the realm of the abstract, with names or dates yet to materialize.

Suddenly, the Baron had an eureka moment.

The woman had an Avalonian accent. He'd recognize the various dialects of Dosuun anywhere, having lived and served the better part of twelve years on the world before everything went to hell. Perhaps his memory had grown rusty, given that the only surviving First Order veteran he had known was Lieutenant Colonel Bigfoot, his legion's second-in-command and a close friend since childhood. Still, he was extremely certain that the woman's accent did not come from anywhere near Imperial space.

"Just asking out of curiosity, but have you been to Dosuun before?" asked FN-999. "You sound like you have an Avalonian accent."

Jaida Tess

J

sonsofempireobj.png

Imperial Gala

Conversating with a Baron

irondiv.png
"Please, call me Colonel Nines." replied FN-999 wholeheartedly. "Though I admit, Baron does have a nice ring to it. It's nice to meet you, Captain Tess. The tab for the bar's on me, so feel free to drink as much as you please."

"Likewise, Colonel Nines... and yes, I would have to concur on your assessment." Jaida nodded with the smallest of smiles gracing her pale pink lips, then the blonde reached over to the bar where she'd put down the glass of wine and retrieved it.

Her steel blue orbs then flicked back to the honored stormtrooper.

"Why thank you, though my contributions to your tab will only be this one drink as duty calls early in the morning for me, and I hold myself to the same standards I expect of my pilots," she replied in a dignified manner. Running a tight ship started from the top down in her opinion, did it not?

"Just asking out of curiosity, but have you been to Dosuun before?" asked FN-999. "You sound like you have an Avalonian accent."

To be honest, the Flight Captain wasn't expecting the next question as she never thought about her distinct accent before, though it probably did make her stick out like the foreigner she was on Bastion, even though her late mother was from the planet.

"Would you mind if I joined you, sir? " Jaida asked politely, motioning with her free hand to the empty chair at the newly minted Baron's table. Upon approval, she sat down with graceful ease, then answered his question after a moment of thought.

Yes, I suppose I would as I was born and raised in Avalonia and Victoria respectively. I have only recently relocated to the Empire after my service to the First Order ended in the aftermath of the government and military's collapse... A very unfortunate happenstance," she stated, then took a sip of the white wine letting the ripe grapes' full and subtle flavors of apple, apricot, peach, and pear linger on her tongue for a moment before swallowing.

Perhaps it wasn't wise to express her feelings on the subject so openly and honestly, but it was what it was. The fall of the once great and powerful Imperial Nation was like a dagger in her heart again, but life goes on and so does one's duty. Captain Tess had simply moved on as any good soldier would do, though privately it felt like a failure somehow on her part.

"And you, Colonel... Have you been to Dosuun?"

FN-999

F

sonsofempireobj.png

"Would you mind if I joined you, sir? "

"Not at all, go right ahead." replied FN-999, turning to face Captain Tess as she took a seat.
Yes, I suppose I would as I was born and raised in Avalonia and Victoria respectively. I have only recently relocated to the Empire after my service to the First Order ended in the aftermath of the government and military's collapse... A very unfortunate happenstance,"

"Unfortunate indeed." replied the Baron.

Beneath his veneer of calm, FN-999's heart was racing.

He could blame the drink for some of it, but deep down he knew that the sensation came from the realization that for the first time in sixteen years, he had encountered another First Order veteran. Ever since he was so graciously taken in by the Imperial Army, the only other survivor of the First Order's calamity FN-999 had ever known was Bigfoot, his constant second-in-command and his closest friend since childhood. If anyone else had claimed to be born on Dosuun, he would have scolded them for making a bad joke in his presence before sending them on their way. However, this woman seemed to be legitimately telling the truth. She had a genuine Avalonian accent, was just old enough to be around when the First Order still existed, and had the military talent to suggest a long history of service.

She was likely a few years younger than the Baron, and he would have had almost no interaction with the Starfighter Corps as a riot trooper, but something about her definitely seemed familiar. Where had he heard the name Tess before?

"And you, Colonel... Have you been to Dosuun?"

"Yes, Captain Tess." finally replied FN-999. "I lived on Dosuun for ten years - from when I was six to when I was sixteen and the Ssi-Ruuk brought about the Fall. It was more of a home to me than my birth world ever was. Had the Fall been prevented, I still would have served the First Order today."

One by one, memories flashed by the Baron.

An emaciated six-year old boy, lifted out of poverty and abuse to be given a second chance at life. An energetic and passionate ten-year old, ecstatic at the chance to be one of the first thousand stormtroopers in the First Order. A group of teenage friends bonded by their love of the First Order and each other. A girl whose long chestnut hair had never failed to draw him in. Jubilation after graduating second in his unit, the first unit ever to leave the academy. Celebrating successful missions, battles, and campaigns with a free drink, however seedy it may be. Freedom from responsibility over thousands, the freedom to behave as one wished.

It was a testament to FN-999's therapy and years of reflection that the positive was the first that came to mind.

He could have also thought of the brutality of war as it took away all those he held dear. He could have also thought of his first encounters with the Jedi, terrifying warriors who used inhuman powers to effortlessly slaughter their foes. He could have thought of the death of Top Shot. He could have thought of the deaths of 473, 291, 573, 209, and 188. He could have thought about the Fall, how he had seen good men resort to cannibalism in the sewers of Dosuun. He could have thought of the collapse of the state, its irreversible fracturing into dozens of petty fiefdoms, which were then gobbled up by their neighbors. He could have thought of the last TIE/fo he had ever seen, soaring aimlessly into the void of the Unknown Regions.

However, such memories no longer hurt as much as they once did. FN-999 had by no means gotten over them, but with the physical barrier his helmet gave him, his emotions were safely concealed.

Suddenly, a realization struck the Baron.

Recalling the TIE's lonely voyage had been the final piece of some sort of puzzle in his brain as it attempted to find out why Captain Tess seemed so familiar.

"Are you related to Daska Tess?" asked FN-999. "The way you act and sound, it... it reminds me so much of her."

Jaida Tess

J

sonsofempireobj.png

Imperial Gala

Conversating with a Baron
irondiv.png
"Yes, Captain Tess." finally replied FN-999. "I lived on Dosuun for ten years - from when I was six to when I was sixteen and the Ssi-Ruuk brought about the Fall. It was more of a home to me than my birth world ever was. Had the Fall been prevented, I still would have served the First Order today."

"I see... I was a young teen when the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium hit Dosuun. One could say I effectively grew up that day. I survived in the underground tunnels of Avalonia with the Resistance until we were able to take back our world. Though the final nail in the First Order's coffin so to speak didn't come until the aftermath of the Battle of Csilla and the loss of confidence in the government. You must have been gone by then I take it. Our mighty navy that was sent to assist the Chiss was decimated as we took the Maw Fleet directly on from the western edge of the space battle, attempting to deny the superweapon the ability to advance towards the planet, which we failed," Jaida stated, then added a moment later with a reflective face.

"And, I lost my entire squadron in doing so. I really should not be sitting here today. I am not sure why I was spared, to be honest."

Another sip of the wine was taken, then after a collective pause, her hands wrapped around the base of the glass in a relaxed manner.

"Are you related to Daska Tess?" asked FN-999. "The way you act and sound, it... it reminds me so much of her."

"Yes... Captain Daska Tess was my mother. She was killed during the sacking of Dosuun," she nodded. "I take it you knew of her? May I ask how you came to be here then?"

sonsofempireobj.png

rainadiv2.png

In awe, Aoki looked at Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku with ever so slightly wide eyes. For a moment, she was dead silent. Michael Barran Michael Barran had asked her to join the fold, but Dooku himself?

It was everything she could have dreamed of. Working with the Pellaeonist leaders to build a better Empire. Fighting for actual justice, not just abused laws. Being the kind of peace keeper she had been brought up to be. Not soft like the Jedi, still not turning to darkness.

It would require leaving Jan Beroya Jan Beroya however. And she still felt that she owed so much to her. But was spreading her wings and finding her place in the Empire the best way to show Demici her respect? Her brown eyes darted towards Demici. Her expression was soft, a silent and respectful, heart felt, thank you.

She bent her knee. Bowing her head as she spoke, "It would be an honor, my lord."

From the cocoon, the butterfly awakened and spread its glorious blue wings.

FN-999

F

sonsofempireobj.png

Though the final nail in the First Order's coffin so to speak didn't come until the aftermath of the Battle of Csilla and the loss of confidence in the government. You must have been gone by then I take it.

The First Order had survived past the decline of the Fortans' rump state?

The thought made the Baron's head spin.

He had always marked the final collapse of the First Order with the period following the Fortan clan's reconquests, upon which the new Supreme Leader and her family had soon realized that the costs of reconstructing their shattered realm far exceeded anything they could generate. How had they survived up until the emergence of the Maw, yet alone mustered a force to travel all the way to Csilla to partake in the battle over the former world?

FN-999 could only assume, as Captain Tess simply kept on speaking.

Our mighty navy that was sent to assist the Chiss was decimated as we took the Maw Fleet directly on from the western edge of the space battle, attempting to deny the superweapon the ability to advance towards the planet, which we failed,"

The Baron almost audibly gasped at the realization that he had been only an atmosphere away from the first First Order fleet he had seen in twenty years. A familiar pang of survivor's guilt slammed into the grizzled colonel as he recalled the day Csilla had been wiped clean off the face of the galaxy. While the then-lieutenant colonel had the privilege of escaping to secure and stable Imperial space with his regiment before the superweapon fired, the humiliated First Order fleet had nothing to return to but a government on the verge of implosion.

If only he had known.

"Yes... Captain Daska Tess was my mother. She was killed during the sacking of Dosuun," she nodded. "I take it you knew of her? May I ask how you came to be here then?"

"Daska Tess was eight years my senior." replied FN-999. "She was one of the first flight officers the First Order had ever produced, and she was an inspiration for everyone who came after her."

"When I was brought into the First Order as a young orphan, I was one of the first thousand stormtroopers ever to be trained in their army. We were raised from a young age to be the ultimate fighting machines of the Order, loyal only to the Supreme Leader himself. When we were ten, we were all sent to formal academy in Avalonia. Being the very first of our kind, our education was a bit more... experimental than the tens of millions who would follow in our footsteps. As part of our education, we were taught about the role models of our day."

"Among them were the first FOSB directors, Knights of Ren, junior Army commanders, and Daska Tess. Even more than the commanders, it was her achievements that appealed to me. Without using the powers of the Force, she gave the Knights of Ren a run for their money. Without relying on her elite connections or bribery, she ascended the ranks and came to command one of the Order's most elite squadrons."

"It was largely thanks to her example that someone was ordinary as myself was able to handle the immense pressure coming in from all around me. It's a bit funny, to be honest. I never met your mother in person, but she has still played a large role in giving me the strength and fortitude that brought me to my ennoblement today."

"I've gotten old, haven't I." remarked the Baron, emotion beginning to well up in his voice. "To think that I get to see my old hero's daughter living up to her mother's legacy... it gives me hope. In you, the First Order lives on."

"From one survivor to another."
concluded the Baron, raising his glass of liquor. "Cheers."

sonsofempireobj.png

Fortress Imperator | Bastion
181st Armored Division

Keylee Linth Keylee Linth | Orik Dakari Orik Dakari | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran

gYuI3OX.png

'Greetings, Imperials.... Glad you're all settled down, nothing stopping the mayhem when we're done here though, by all means - but our defiant Empire takes dedicated precedence first an' foremost.', making eye-contact with the front of the three-ranks-deep formation of soldiers, airmen and Imperial Knights of every sort. Watching for every collective's reaction as they stood in all their separate segments in the line, Lord Erskine continued,'And as people are so quick to forget, that same dedication was needed to attain the sort of defiance that forged our Empire in the first place!', lifting his posture from within the hoverchair to lift his face even farther above the microphone.

'Our efforts were dedicated almost twenty years ago, were they not? Dedicated as one in our revolt against the Sith Empire and all who decreed against us, toppling giants as we went.... An' for as long as we persist, I guarantee that each and every salvo we send declares the realm: ETERNALLY DEFIANT!!!!'

Sharply standing at attention at the back of his line, he dared not to make even the slightest sound as the Lord-Regent’s words rang sharp within the gala hall; following not long after The Steward of the Imperium’s opening speech, it was made crystal clear as to why they were all gathered here.

'Some of you ponder the meaning of your presence in parade-formation here, so I'll keep it simple by saying that some among you will carry entirely new ranks before the ceremony is done! But before I get on with the promotions, I believe it pertinent to bestow impromptu awards on a particularly brave individual first.'

A promotion ceremony, in which the men and women under the service of The Empire, those of whom their deeds deemed worthy of praise and reward, would be bestowed such honors by the Lord-Regent himself!

Curiosity was quick to take over the fear that once gripped the young man’s heart; who amongst his formation would be awarded? Although he assumed that’d be revealed to them all and soon, he knew not at the moment as he stood at the back of his unit’s formation. To him, he was just another young face in uniform amongst a whole crowd of men and women similar; there was no way he’d be singled out for anything. As much as he felt the apprehension rise steeply within him, whenever the Lord-Regent casted even a brief moment’s glance towards his general direction as the ceremony continued onward, he was mostly calm.

'First on the list, representing Galidraan - Brigadier-Generals Tarring and Gowrie. And from SCAR Squadron, Master-Sergeant Vaiken along with Sergeants Liaeris and Stevens. We'll also have Sergeant Dakari of the Imperial Police Force and lastly, of the 313th Legion, Corporal Mannarra.... ALL NAMES MENTIONED, TAKE THREE PACES BEYOND THE FRONT RANK!!!!'

Until he heard his name called out by the Lord-Regent himself; his name was amongst the seven of which were called forth.

Was this some kind of mistake!?

Eyes wide as saucers, his heart skipped a beat as his mind attempted at processing the man’s words; although his mind was preoccupied with the aforementioned task, his body acted out of protocol and in full compliance of the Imperial Army’s regulations and protocols like a well oiled and maintained machine. At the man’s command the young crewman was quick to remove the Corporal’s rank strip insignia from his uniform; at sharp turns and movements, the young man stepped out of his unit’s formation, and marched beyond the front row at a crisp, leisurely march.

Coming to a halt and sharply standing at attention at the far end of the horizontal line at ranking order, his gaze lingered on an imaginary speck of dust just a handbreadth away forth from his visage, it wasn’t for long until he was just less than a handful feet away from the currently hover-chairbound Lord-Regent when the man stood before him.

cWsg1Ie.jpg
'And now, for the last promotion today, I present a Sabretooth tank-operator who acquitted himself admirably on Ilum.... And though his commander watches on in civilian clothing, I can still see the pride for Corporal Hall Mannarra there. For no longer is the young man a Corporal, this Sabretooth-Trooper is now a Sergeant, rising through the ranks as he ought to!'

As the Lord-Regent announced his promotion and named the deeds that earned him the bestowment of these awards and honors, the kid moved not an inch even as his heart pounded wildly against his chest; the idea of being in the same room with the Lord-Regent himself aside, he never thought he’d be granted the opportunity to be face to face with the man. The commanding aura of the Imperium’s Steward was unmistakeable; the young man did not doubt for even a brief moment that if he ever so desired, the command in the man’s words alone would be sufficient to will a man to life and back up on his feet.

The newly promoted crewman, now elevated to the position what his fellow brother-in-arms held before his grave injury, raised his right hand sharply to the rim of his black tanker’s beret, performing a crisp, textbook salute as the Lord-Regent reached forth and pinned the new rank strip onto his chest; he couldn’t help but notice the man’s gaze lingered on his young visage, a brief moment longer than the rest.

'Alright, let us draw this ceremony to it's natural conclusion, shall we?.... NAVAL CADRE, IMPAF CADRE - WILL MOVE TO THE RIGHT, IN THREES - FAAAAAALL OUT!!!!'

Lowering his hand from the brim of his beret, the kid performed a right face, and dispersed in an orderly fashion with the rest, adhering to procedure and protocols to the dot; his exhilaration lingered as his heart continued to beat against his chest. Exhilarated, surprised and confused, he found himself wandering for a brief moment, trying to understand what had earned him all this.

As much as he was deeply honored, he did not at all think highly of what he had done on the frozen landscape of Ilum that day; he merely performed his duties in battle, as was expected of any fighting man or woman underarms.

He’d be lying if he said he was not humbled by this gesture.

"Congratulation, Sir Hall!" congratulated Keylee to Hall with a sweet smile and felt genuine happiness for the man, even though they had only not long ago.

Hearing the familiar voice of the Cadet, close to him, he was allowed to ponder no further for the moment as the girl extended him a congratulation. Turning his visage to face hers, a faint grin pulled at his lips as she continued to speak.

"It was really nice meeting you, Sir Hall. Good luck with your career~ and don't be a stranger." saluted the girl with a wide cheery grin, which made her cheeks puff a bit due to her grin.

The grin taking hold of his young features grew to a smile at her continued teasing, referring to him with the title of “Sir” as much as he had expressed her not to. The young Tank Commander’s lips parted to voice a response, intending to thank her, but a stern yet friendly slap onto his back had him recoiling forthward in surprise. Turning around, his visage shifted onto none other than Kale; their brawny loader, Stege, was not far behind.

”So, do we have to call you Corporal Commander Mannarra now?” he quipped at him with a snicker. ”Just Mannarra will do,” the young TC responded with a chuckle of his own. Gently shouldering Kale aside, Stege -their loader- pulled the young man towards himself and wrapped him in a bear-hug. My man! Returning the brotherly gesture, the young TC hugged him back without muttering a word; he did not need to, as his heartfelt smile was an expression enough. Pulling back from the brawny Loader’s heartfelt embrace, the young man’s gaze lingered on the both of them.

”Any news from Kenth?” he asked them.

”He’s on the path to a lengthy recovery,” Kale answered, leaning his elbow against Stege’s shoulder.

”I think they’ll assign him to headquarters company,” The Loader continued. ”Somewhere he would not see action.”

”We got to pay him a visit,” the TC remarked at a cheerful tone, but a mild hint of sorrow underlied his words. The man he now succeeded had given all of them much needed direction in battle. They had survived the worst battles they faced in their lives thanks to his leadership.

He had big shoes to fill now. The lives of his subordinates -no, his fellow brothers-in-arms- were under his care and leadership from tonight and onwards.

He would not let him down.

”Of course,” Stege would be quick to concur. ”But one thing at a time, brother! Now come on, let’s pay the MP’s over there a visit,” he continued with a grin, gesturing at the men of the 908th with a nod of his head. ”Kenth had promised them a round of beers for saving our asses on Ilum. Gotta thank ‘em,”

The young TC gave a fervent nod of his head with a heartfelt smile. ”Alright, let’s go!”

Yyyeeeheeee!!! That’s what I’m talkin’ about! he cheered with a massive grin, enthusiastically patting the giant’s shoulder. ”I’ll gather up the boys, meet you there!” with that the young Driver was soon to disappear amongst the crowd, headed to a corner of the gala hall where their platoon drank and conversed. ”Come on, let’s get going,” the giant encouraged him as he moved besides the TC and placed his hand at his back, gently pushing him forward.

Looking back from over his shoulder as he took a step and walked beside the giant, he was about to call for the Cadet to tag along with them for a good beer or two, something they could actually drink and not have a coughing fit every few seconds, but he would be surprised to see her gone. He could not even pick her silhouette amongst the crowd.

He couldn’t even get her name.

With a mildly tristful expression, he shifted his gaze forward once more, thinking not much of it as they moved amongst the crowd, moving towards the MP’s of the 908th on the other side of the gala hall.

Celebrating each other for their promotions and awards bestowed upon them by the Lord-Regent, and extending their deep gratitude towards the brave men and women of the 908th for saving them from that ambush, they would drink in remembrance of the brave brothers and sisters-in-arms they had regrettably lost over the frozen wastes of Ilum.

gYuI3OX.png

-=Exit Thread=-​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom