Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Something Old New Borrowed and Blue

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png
Wearing: xxx
Tag: Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira

Ilum had been close, too close for comfort. The Empire had almost succeeded, and in so doing proven to be more of an evil than the Galactic Alliance had wanted to give them credit. The old Jedi had seen it coming. He had warned an assembled group of Jedi it had been a mistake to look for an alliance with them, in his own special Lesan way. It had never earned him any good standing amongst this group of Jedi. His only saving grace now was his friendship with Valery Noble Valery Noble . Even that ruffled the feathers of some.

Judah needed to focus.

The master Jedi had almost lost his life on Ilum, and there was a piece of him which would have welcomed it. His age had afforded him the wisdom he did not have in his youth, and the later part of his life was spent trying to make up for that. Amends could only be made so far. JJ tried, but seemed reluctant. If only Judah had been around more for his childhood rather than leaving most of his training with Bri.

Katara was another matter entirely. It was too late with her. She was gone. Judah pulled out the datapad which contained one his favorite holoimages of her. He looked at it for a time as he sat under the tree at the center of the temple courtyard. It was the closest thing to nature he could find, and the Corellian never found the meditation rooms helpful for finding the inner peace or balance he needed. Judah had made his fair share of mistakes, taking his wife for granted had been one of them.

He sat the datapad down and stood to his feet. Closing his eyes, Judah began the set of katas which were intimately familiar to him now. The Jedi did not need to see what he was doing to know where to step, how to move his arms, or take the necessary moments to control his breathing. This was how he focused. This is what gave him perspective. It was just a shame that it had taken so long for the meaning of the forms to take root in his heart. Sure he had known what they meant, but head knowledge was worth only so much.

As Judah came to the end of the cycle, he simply went right back into them. His goal was to purge the emotions he felt in regards to what happened on Ilum from himself. Judah had been angry to have been right about the Empire. He was upset at the New Jedi Order for not heeding his advice when he first pointed out the hubris by which they had made their decision. Most of all, Judah was upset with himself for not doing more to try and stop what he knew would eventually happen.

There was always more he could have done. It seemed to be the theme of his life. The harder Judah tried, the more he seemed to fail. Maybe what Judah was really trying to do in the moment was come to terms with the fact he needed to accept his flaws and failures and finally learn from them. He was an old dog however. That was going to be his greatest challenge yet.

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
As the Star Dancer's engines powered down, Cambria took stock in the last time she had been at the Coruscant Jedi Temple. Well, the old, old one... The prominent structure of the city-planet skyline for millennia had been rebuilt twice now in the recent past if memory served the Rutian Twi'lek but who's counting, right?

The particular innovation of the New Jedi Order's home on Coruscant the Jedi Master was referring to had been destroyed by the Sith Empire when they viciously attacked the Galactic Alliance on many fronts after hatching the Dark Lady of Secret's Endgame plot from within their own ranks at the highest levels. How the betrayal was missed is still a mystery to this day, or is it?

The Jedi Guardian had been there that fateful day after returning from a joint mission with the Galactic Alliance Guard. She barely herself survived the Light versus Dark battle that ensued inside the temple's hallowed walls. But in doing so, Cambria was able to save another - one of the only younglings to not perish in the archives where they were studying. What a hard lesson Chiassa Chiassa learned that day, hmm?"

"The post-flight checklist is complete, Master Zadira," a young Tholothian woman voiced from the co-pilot's seat in the scout vessel's cockpit they had traveled in from the Outer Rim.

"Excellent. You performed well today, Padawan Chiassa," Cambria smiled approvingly. "Your piloting skills have vastly improved. I did not see any hesitation while negotiating the congested orbital traffic lanes that can be intimidating even to those very experienced. Keep working on your Instinctive Astrogation though... That Force skill comes in handy while traveling in uncharted space or needing to clip a few parsecs off your trip," the Jedi Ace nodded knowingly, then she pushed up from the pilot's chair and exited the cockpit to gather her things.

"I have arranged rooms for us during the stay here. Yours will be on the padawan level, mine on the master should you need me. Let us go now inside. While you are getting settled in, I will attend to business here with the Council. Oh and Arjay, you get plugged into the temple server and find out the latest happenings around here, hmm?" she said while lowering the boarding ramp, giving instructions to both the padawan and her trusted R9 unit. Cambria's slate grey and white astromech droid gave an affirmative beep as he liked this kind of work using his stealth skills. His master may be the bronze, but he was the brains of this ever-long relationship.

"Erm Thank you for allowing me to accompany you. I will try not to get lost. It's not quite like the temple I remember," Chia stated with a bit of wistfulness still noted in her tone from the tragic event that befell her youngling clan. She struggled with survivor's guilt to this day.

If it wasn't for Cambria's quick action by tossing the young initiate up onto the hovering ramp of the last transport out in mid-liftoff before the tower section collapsed upon the main hall and hangar bay, Chiassa may very well have died, or worst yet been taken by the Sith to become one of their minions. The thought made the Tholothian's insides squirm. She was ever grateful to the Twi'lek. It wasn't until recently at the Svivren Jedi Enclave that the two had been reunited.

"We all get lost sometimes, then we find ourselves, Chiassa, even Master Jedi... Just remember above all though do or do not, there is no try,"

"Yes, Master. I will," the padawan answered with a respectful cant of her head.

~*~
After her quick business with the Council was finished, the Jedi Master went searching for a place that was peaceful and serene but not the stuffy mediation chambers. They were anything than comforting to a troubled soul. Well, at least hers. The problem though with an inner city temple was plush outdoor areas were limited. After getting a bit lost... okay, don't say it, she finally found the temple's courtyard. It was on the other side of the mess hall for future reference.

Upon entering the botanical-like garden area, there was a presence she had not felt since...

The blue-skinned Twi'lek narrowed down the source, and of course, it was a familiar scruffy-looking Corellian nerfherder performing a series of meditative katas in a small grassy spot near a fountain. They were the very katas Cambria and Judah Lesan Judah Lesan had done together long ago in their youth; during their time with the Army of Light. Gods they were getting old.

"Tsk, tsk. You still mess up the third transition of the fourth kata. You should have paid better attention, Master Lesan," Cambria pointed out with a small smirk gracing her naturally berry-colored lips. She was still wearing the two-piece modified Jedi robes these days that were the Twi'lek's trademark, just a little more sagely-looking than exotic perhaps.

"Hello, old friend. It has been much too long. I hope I find you well."

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah did not know how much time passed before a familiar voice drew him to an end. He had sensed her presence first, but so much time had passed since the last time they had seen each other, the master was not certain she would seek him out. Why Judah even thought he needed to leave it up to the Twi'lek to find him was an issue of his own insecurity. Their last parting had not been on the best of terms, both of them likely ragged of the wars they constantly found themselves in. It had not taken much for them to disagree, and Judah had not wanted to accept the truths she had tried to speak.

Did his age give him the wisdom to listen now? He was still Judah, but he liked to think he was wiser than he once was.

"Tsk, tsk. You still mess up the third transition of the fourth kata. You should have paid better attention, Master Lesan," the familiar voice teased in the same tone he remembered. "Hello, old friend. It has been much too long. I hope I find you well."

He smiled. A smirk tugged at his lips as he felt the retort already rolling off his tongue.

"Not all of us were gifted with a natural grace and talent for moving our bodies without any semblance of clunkiness. Besides, at this point… I blame it on age."

Judah chuckled and turned to face the woman. She was the envy of most her age. There was no way she looked as old as Judah knew they both were. It was her species, and Judah's bias. Whether he had ever admitted it or not there had always been a fondness for the woman, though her commitment to older ways had never seen their relationship progress past friendship. She had warned Judah of the consequences of remaining a Jedi with the kind of attachment he had with Katara. The master had not wanted to listen.

"We do not need any formality between us Bri. Even after all this time it's just Judah for you."

He was hesitant. Judah wanted to give her a hug. Her face was the only familiar face of his past he had seen in the temple. No one alive was as close to him as Cambria was, not even Valery the new Sword of the Jedi could boast the depth of relationship. He expected the woman could feel it through whatever bond they still may have shared, so as was typical for him, he took calculated action on the emotion he felt.

The Jedi master moved to embrace his old friend. It would be up to her to deny the display of affection. Perhaps his mind was still fixed on how close he had come to perishing on Ilum, but Judah was focused on how mortal he truly was. Yes, he knew the code, but Judah also knew that he would not always exist as he did now.

"Well enough. You?"

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
"Not all of us were gifted with a natural grace and talent for moving our bodies without any semblance of clunkiness. Besides, at this point… I blame it on age."
Cambria's twin lekku twitched with amusement at the Jedi Master's offered excuses. He was right from a certain point of view.

"We do not need any formality between us Bri. Even after all this time it's just Judah for you."
The man hesitated only for a moment, then took the initiative and stepped forward to embrace Cambria. It wasn't expected, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Judah had always been more open with his emotions than her eventhough she had felt them as well.

"No one has called me Bri... Well except for you, Judah. It is truly good to see you once again," the blue-hued Twi'lek smiled warmly at the Corellian after pulling back from their friendly and seemingly much-needed hug. It was good to reconnect after how they had left things all those years ago; wearing heavingly on her mind ever since.

"Well enough. You?"
And of course, Judah answered her question in like. Her gold-speckled hazel orbs assessed the Jedi Master more up close, sensing both weariness in body and spirit... or was it rather the heart in this particular man's case? Some things never change.

"I have been fairing well, keeping the Great River flowing in the Southern Rim and putting a spot fire out here and there as well. The Enclave at Svivren has been my home base for the last several years. And you, my old friend... What have you been up to, hmm? Something tells me trouble is still your middle name."

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

His heart had been heavy for a long time. Judah had squandered many of the relationships he had held dear. It was not the heaviness which bothered him as much as it was the emptiness which had been the result of his neglect. Katara was dead, and there was nothing Judah could do to change that. His heart ached from the gaping hole left behind from the loss. The Corelian would never admit it to Cambria, but in many of the recent battles he had found himself in, Judah had longed for death to find him.

He would not have to tell her. She would eventually sense the truth.

Judah would have held the embrace longer, but pulled away when Bri did as well. The warmth of the embrace was inviting and restorative. There was much to be said between them, or perhaps there was not. His hug said everything he intended to say better than words would, so Judah simply smiled.

“You seem to have evaded time,” he said as he motioned to her appearance. “Whereas I think I may have gotten your portion of it as well.”

The Jedi did not look as old as he made himself out to seem. He may have felt it at times, but it was more the fact Judah felt younger in his mind than what the mirror betrayed. Judah was not being overly generous with the Twi’lek across from him, however. She seemed as though she had not aged a day.

Cambria expected to hear that Judah had been up to a lot of trouble, but in truth, he had been absent. He smirked as he recalled the slap from Valery Noble. It had been more than deserved, Judah had never taken meetings seriously, especially ones which were pointless. It was the one thing Jedi seemed to be good at more than anything else, talking when action was required. He would have never returned had Valery not found him in the Sith tomb. They had been a sort of reconciliation for the other. Judah found his path back to the Jedi, and Valery found forgiveness for banishing his ancestor.

Judah shook his head.

“Not like I used to, unfortunately after Katara died I turned inward. You warned me about the consequences of allowing attachments.”

He fell silent. What else was there to say, she was right? She already knew she was.

“I should have listened.”

That was more the response he needed to say. There were a lot of things Judah should have listened to when he was younger. His only thought was for a time there was happiness and his son had been a product of a genuine love both had for the other. The pain he felt now had been worth that alone, yet there were still countless memories.

“I’ve been roped back into duty as a Shadow. Ilum was my last major excursion. I have found myself reflecting a lot since then. The temple is home I suppose, though you and I both know I prefer living out of my ship.”

Judah smiled.

“You staying for a while, or you just here on a visit?”

Judah wasn’t sure if he was asking because he wanted to know, or if he was still being selfish. Either way, it would be good if the reunion was not a short one.

Last edited:

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
“You seem to have evaded time,” he said as he motioned to her appearance. “Whereas I think I may have gotten your portion of it as well.”
"Thank you, Judah. You are too kind," the Twi'lek answered with an appreciative cant of her head and twitch of her lekku. "My looks on the outside might have not changed all that much through the years, though I do feel my advancing age on the inside... especially when the weather changes. I feel it in my bones," she said in good humor while holding back a blush that had been triggered by her old friend's compliment.

It would not serve either at this point to go down that road. Cambria was at peace with her decision and had been for a long time, and he knew that. What she wanted more than anything though was to rekindle the endearing friendship they once had, if that was even possible at this late juncture in their lives.

“Not like I used to, unfortunately after Katara died I turned inward. You warned me about the consequences of allowing attachments.”

He fell silent for a moment.

“I should have listened.”

Cambria reached out and touched the Corellian's arm and peered into his sad eyes with a wave of comfort sent through the once-shared and strong Force bond that was slowly rekindling between the two Jedi it seemed with more ease than anticipated after their hurtful words, well hers anyway. He was just in denial and stubborn. She should have chosen them more carefully though, especially in Judah's time of overwhelming grief and yes, guilt.

"You and Katara had a very special relationship. I won't deny that, and perhaps I was wrong about attachments from a certain point of view. But one thing I do know is that she would not want you to continue to mourn her after all this time nor sulk around tempting death to take you. That is not the Jedi way, " Cambria gave Judah that knowing look of hers, then went on.

"Your Red would want you to live your life, live it for her and celebrate your loving union and what you two did share in the short time you had together. Force willing, you will be reunited someday with your beloved, but not until the time is right. So no more tears or sadness, my dear friend. Rejoice and allow joy to be present in your mind and heart once again. If not for Kat, for me then?" she pleaded gently with her golden eyes and a soft smile gracing her naturally berry-colored lips.

“I’ve been roped back into duty as a Shadow. Ilum was my last major excursion. I have found myself reflecting a lot since then. The temple is home I suppose, though you and I both know I prefer living out of my ship.”

Judah smiled.

“You staying for a while, or you just here on a visit?”
"Ah yes. I did hear of the unprovoked attack on our Jedi youth by the Imperials. That was very unfortunate and I hope none were seriously hurt or killed. Time will only tell the full consequences of the Empire's calculated move no doubt," the Jedi Master answered in a mindful way.

"Which is why I am here. The Force has led me to Coruscant so I suppose I will be staying around for a while to see how I may be of help. I did bring a padawan with me from the enclave, and no this young Tholothian is not my student. Her name is Chiassa Chiassa and she has much potential that still needs to be developed. I am hopeful the Council will be able to find a worthy master for her within the New Jedi Order. It is where she initially started, but her fateful tale is a long story for another time," the blue-hued Guardian explained, then changed the subject as her previous failures as a mentor plagued the Twi'lek to this day. Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. was her only successful padawan learner of three taken as one fell to the dark side and the other died under her watch.

"How is your son doing these days? I have not seen JJ., well in a very long time."

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah chuckled. Cambria feeling her age in her bones was an all too familiar statement. Judah only wished for the youth he once had as his work necessitated it. Not one of his students remained among the Jedi. Where Cambria had one success with JJ, Judah could not boast any which remained. Perhaps he could claim Kestrel Dray as a success, but she had all but vanished after becoming a knight within the order.

“I much prefer feeling a storm coming through the force rather than my knees,” he replied with a good laugh and then sighed.

He looked away for a moment as Bri reminded him of the one truth he knew. Kat would not want him mourning her for as long as he had, but for the short time they had together, Judah had loved her as deeply as he knew how. It was not easy to simply live knowing there was a piece of him that was no longer there. Yet, he nodded.

“I know. I have tried at times… to move beyond where I have been. I’ve even flirted and tried putting myself out there. That’s been a disaster.”

Judah was happy for the subject change as the course moved to Ilum and the event preceding it. The Empire’s attack was unprovoked, but not unforeseen. The shadow still had not purged the meeting from his mind when he warned the New Jedi Order that their alliance was not a good one. Judah had always seen it as a stupid decision to ally with a faction born from the Sith Empire. They had justified it with the fact the Sith had been purged from their ranks, but Judah only saw that as an excuse for genocide.

He nodded.

“Justice, my nephew, was among them. He is beginning to come into his own, and should be ready to take on the trials soon. I am proud of him, but at the same time he is slowly losing his innocence. He is not like the rest of the Lesans, and that is a good thing I think.”

Why he talked about his nephew a little, Judah was not sure. Perhaps it was because she had mentioned her travel companion. Judah guessed she was about the same age as Justice and his friends, though who his friends were seemed to be a revolving issue. He knew the boy was harboring a level of hurt and resentment toward one of them. Time would resolve the issue he was certain.

JJ was another topic entirely. Judah wished he had a good answer, but he shrugged.

“He has had little to do with me since Kat’s death. I think he blames me for it, or at least blames me for not being around enough. From what I hear he is doing well. He just returned from an extended mission. Depending on what your young companion is looking for in a Master, JJ would be a good teacher. His master ensured he would not mess up the transition from the third form.”

Judah winked. It was something to consider if they were both being serious. JJ had been trained by Cambria and it would be one way to see her legacy continue.

“He would not hear it from me, but perhaps his old master may be able to convince him it is time to pass what he has learned to another generation.”

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
“Justice, my nephew, was among them. He is beginning to come into his own, and should be ready to take on the trials soon. I am proud of him, but at the same time he is slowly losing his innocence. He is not like the rest of the Lesans, and that is a good thing I think.”
"Oh my... Not another Lesan running around the galaxy," Cambria teased lightly, then asked out of curiosity. "Would Justice Lesan Justice Lesan then be your sister's son? If memory serves me correctly, you briefly mentioned she had a baby boy. The Force indeed runs strong in your family. Well here is to innocence being tempered with time, hmm?" she smiled.

As the topic turned to his own son, and the inquiry made by the Twi'lek regarding Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. , Judah Sr. just shrugged.

“He has had little to do with me since Kat’s death. I think he blames me for it, or at least blames me for not being around enough. From what I hear he is doing well. He just returned from an extended mission. Depending on what your young companion is looking for in a Master, JJ would be a good teacher. His master ensured he would not mess up the transition from the third form.”

Judah winked.

“He would not hear it from me, but perhaps his old master may be able to convince him it is time to pass what he has learned to another generation.”

"It is understandable his feelings regarding Katara and you. After all, the young Corellian worshipped his mother. Hmm... I had not considered that pairing, JJ taking Chiassa Chiassa on as his padawan learner, but perhaps it would be good for both. I will meditate upon it my old friend, and we will talk of it again," Cambria nodded with a thoughtful twitch of her lekku, then the Guardian stepped over to a nearby resting place and let her sienna brown cloak slip down from her shoulders, catching the woven fabric in a graceful flourish to then lay the traditional Jedi covering across the back of the stone bench.

The Jedi Master returned to her earlier spot, then made a suggestion to the other Master Jedi. "Shall we continue the katas together... It has been too long since we have, and you still have much to learn."

With a wink, the blue-hued Twi'lek took the opening stance of Form One next to her long-time Jedi partner as they would do them in unison side by side. The space in the garden area was limited yet more than enough for the two to perform the restorative katas that had been passed down to Cambria from her own master and his, shared with Judah, and then passed down to his son after taking him as her student all those years ago on Corellia.

Traditions. It was what the present-day Jedi Order was seemingly missing... or maybe she was just stuck in the old ways and didn't see it in this generation.

Cambria took a deep breath and let it out slowly to center herself in the Force, then closed her eyes as she sent Judah a telepathic message through their bond.

// "On three... " //

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

“My sister, yes,” Judah nodded in response to the question.

A small smile pulled at Judah’s lips. It seemed the two were falling right back into the familiar pattern of being able to engage in a serious conversation whilst teasing each other. The banter had always been easy with them, one of many reasons Judah had always been attracted to his friend. Her commitment to the old ways of what it meant to be a Jedi was the one thing which had seemed to prevent them from exploring anything beyond the bond of friendship they shared.

That did not mean Judah did not wander what if.

His mind fell right back to the conversation at hand. JJ would be a perfect fit for Chiassa Chiassa if the two wanted to make it work. It was the legacy Judah was more concerned with. Both had learned things from their masters they had passed to their own padawans. Junior needed to continue the cycle. It was a lesson that Cambria would have ensured he knew. Both of their masters had made that abundantly clear to them in their own ways.

“He did, which is another reason you should be the one to suggest it is time he take on a padawan himself.”

It seemed Judah was not going to leave that topic to float about. Cambria was ready to move on for now, and did so in a manner Judah could not refuse.

He nodded.

“We have been doing them together since the day we first met.”

It was a simple observation, but also his answer. Judah assumed the stance, chuckling as a smirk played at his lips. Bri was teasing him again, and this time Judah would not let it slide before getting his own little jab in as well.

“If you were Katara, I would simply say, yes dear. However, if you are applying to be the one woman in my life that gets to tell me what to do…”

He laughed. Even knowing her oath, and the path she chose, Judah still opted to poke at her. His smile faded at the sound of her voice in his mind. Eyes closed as though he had just tasted a favorite food he had gone without for far too long. How long had it been since the two shared their minds in this way. A soft and knowing smile graced his lips as he looked to Bri.

<< “I have missed you too..”

“…one.”>>

Judah began the first form of the katas.

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
Judah did have a point there...Actually, two.

The first one regarding Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. and whom would be better to contact his son regarding a possible apprenticeship with the young Tholothian the Guardian had brought with her from Svivren. Though, that matter still needed much deliberation on her part.

JJ was after all a Lesan with the Starkos fiery genes mixed in, and with that temperament, well, perhaps he had outgrown some of his stubborn and reckless ways. Still, the seasoned Jedi knight now might actually be a good fit as a master for Chiassa Chiassa . Time would only tell after speaking with him directly and seeing how the two prospectives interacted...

And the second, well that one just downright amused her. Of course, someone needed to keep the Corellian's sorry butt in line since Red wasn't there to do it anymore, and she had the size boot to do it too, or at least in the past. Some things change, and some do not.

Time would only tell if the hurt and rift that had formed was healed between the former Jedi partners. At least they were making a start at amends. Cambria had to admit it did feel good to try. She had missed her old friend. They needed it, and seemingly so did the Jedi and galaxy too as times were growing ever darker once again.

// "Two, three... "//

Blue rushed the count with some amusement to see if Judah was paying attention in the midst of his sentimentality, which in all honestly did touch the Twi'lek's heart. Then, with the grace of a dancer and the swiftness of a feline, she fell into the first movements of the restorative series of advancing katas.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

The forms were familiar, but that was not what made Judah feel as though he had taken a step back in time. He could not remember the last time he performed the katas with anyone so close. Whatever hurt there had been between them seemed to wash away with such a simple act. This was as the universe ought to be, at least part of it. There was nothing Judah could do about the one piece which seemed to be missing, but in this moment, life did as the kata’s taught.

It moved on.

Bri had tried to trick him into a fast start, but the banter was something he could almost predict. Had it not been for her oath some may have thought they were a couple, but in truth they had always been good friends. Aside from Katara, none knew him better, or perhaps Cambria always had. The pair had always been able to connect in ways he could never connect with his own wife. The force had made it so. Yet, Judah had shared something with Katara he and Bri never dared to broach.

Judah could not help but wonder what if.

He shook the thoughts quickly from his mind. What kind of reunion would it be if Judah propositioned the woman for a relationship, especially knowing her convictions. As the forms came to a close and Judah stood at the same stance which began it all, he simply sighed. It was a contented sigh.

“Now that is the first time something has felt right in a very long while,” he admitted after a long bit of silence between them.

He let it linger between them. There was something the pregnant pause was about to birth, but Judah did not know what. He knew there was something that needed to happen, something Judah should have said a long time ago.

“I’m sorry.”

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png

As Cambria exhaled, the exotic beauty shifted her weight from one foot to the other as she gracefully moved through a simple three-step exercise. Each footfall over the grassy area in the temple's garden was accentuated with a breath. The motions remained slow as the Rutian Twi'lek turned and swept her right arm across her chest in unison with the Jedi Master beside her as they acted as one.

Breathe in.

Thick dark lashes brushed over blue-hued skin as gold-speckled hazel orbs fell behind closed lids. The Master Jedi did not need her vision to perform a kata familiar since she was all but a youngling.

Breathe out.

Tight muscles loosened as she breezed through the first-level kata, then onto the second. The hurt words Cambria used in anger, the ache still left in her heart for the dear friend she had lost without humility, drifted as she easily stepped into the third-level kata with a poise that could only have come from a lifetime of practice. The simple, controlled moves stretched muscles and prepared her for the more complex actions of the ritual ahead as her thoughts shifted from the past to the present, and then onto the possibilities of the future, one of hope for a new beginning.

In time with the gentle yet assured motions, another breath filled her lungs. The crest and fall of her chest now shimmered with a thin sheen of moisture under the natural light coming through the atrium skyline. Soft planes of toned muscles shifted under silky skin as booted feet danced over plushy moss below while twin head-tails swayed in a synchronized duet above.

Falling into the ingrained motions of the ancient kata, the Jedi Guardian's mind slipped free of the restraints of blood and bone. Weary thoughts reached out, mingling with the awesome presence of the Force. The energies flowed around her like the oceans of Minaar, wrapping her in gentle, floating comfort.

The ethereal power source was all-encompassing, enveloping a battered spirit and filling the chips in Cambria's mental armor; centering her once again in the Force.

Breathe in... and breathe out.

Cambria stood there in silence as did her Jedi partner as they finished the katas in total, each feeling the burdens of yesterday lifted from their hearts and minds, freeing them and allowing a rebirth.

"Mhm," she offered in a whispered voice, but one joyful in nature.

Then, the Twi'lek heard Judah speak those simple yet so powerful words of contrition... She turned to face the Corellian and bowed her head with a tender twitch of her lekku to follow.

"I am sorry as well, my friend, and you are forgiven."

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah moved to the lip of the fountain which was in the small green space and sat down. He was not ignoring Cambria’s apology, he just was unsure why she felt the need to apologize. It had been jackass nature which had caused the rift between them in the first place. She had warned him repeatedly he was getting close to the line, but Judah had continued to brush her off. There was not one moment Judah could turn to which caused them to grow distant, but Judah was certain it was his fault.

“You have nothing to apologize for,” he answered again after some silence. “I was the one behaving like an ass.”

The cursing was a new habit for Judah, or a return to his days before being with the Jedi. At his age he no longer cared about perceptions, especially when he was with those who were close. Bri was going to hear it sooner or later if she was going to be sticking around again, and if she was, they were also going to be on missions together again. This may not have been the time to talk about what he wanted to do, but sometime soon they would need discuss a new type of war, or a return to methods from their younger years.

He motioned to the spot next to him, inviting Cambria to sit with him. The forms were done, but Judah was not ready to let her leave, or to walk off himself. Certainly they both had other places they needed to be. Bri had not come to the gardens to seek him out, he was aware of that much already.

“You should stay. The New Jedi Order could use an experienced guardian such as yourself.”

Judah’s feelings would betray him, however. Even though his words were that the New Jedi Order needed her, what Judah had been thinking was that he needed her. Their friendship was something he had lived without for some time, and now that it seemed they were rekindling the past, Judah did not want to see it die. He may also have been a bit selfish in his thinking as well. Their bond was strong, and Judah was a better Jedi when she was present.

His eyes searched hers for an answer. He hoped she would agree, at least for a time. Judah eventually would look away, sooner than he realized as his eyes settled on the fountain itself. Judah loved the water, he always had. As his eyes closed he allowed his mind to sway back to the first time he took Katara to the golden beaches on Corellia, or the first time she had taken him. It had been there he surprised her with a proposal. Everything about their relationship had moved fast, but Judah would have not done any of that differently.

“You know I’m not really asking for the Jedi,” he admitted when his gaze came back to hers. “The older I get the more of the past I wish to have back.”

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png

Cambria tilted her head slightly confused as the Corellian walked away after she spoke her contrition. It had come from her heart. Is that not what Judah wanted to hear or rather needed to hear?

The blue-skinned Jedi Master sighed and followed suit after a moment, then took a seat on the edge of the fountain next to him; her body positioned so that she sat with her knees together towards the man, boots crossed at her ankles. Fingertips touched the clear, cool water ever so and traced a lazy pattern causing small ripples to form before bringing her gaze back up to meet those of her former Jedi partner.

"My apology as well as your forgiveness then was for myself. I felt I needed to offer both in order to be at peace, and I am now as I hope you are," Cambria said with an assured nod, then she flashed the Master Jedi a knowing look.

"You are a Lesan after all. I should have known better and tempered my response accordingly with that knowledge. Still, you can be quite the ass without much provocation, or at least you used to. Perhaps you have mellowed with age?"

A softy chuckle left her naturally berry-colored lips with an amused twitch of her lekku, then she reached out to touch his arm after collecting her thoughts as she got a sense of where he was wanting to go with this situation that had come upon them; a second chance perhaps?

"Judah... We can not dwell on the past. We must embrace the here and now as the Force has seen fit to renew our friendship. Let us take comfort in that for what it is, hmm? The future, well that is just that. We can not determine it beforehand. I pledge to be around as much as I can for you and the Jedi Order, but my work keeping the Great River flowing is still my main focus. Perhaps it would be something you would be interested in helping me with? Seasoned shadows like yourself are hard to come by these days... Most are cheap, not easy."

It was good to be with a dear friend again who got the Twi'lek's sense of humor when she allowed it to surface.

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

"I was at peace the moment you accepted my hug," Judah answered with a smile.

No matter how much Cambria would wish that Judah could view the world without the lens of his emotions or feelings, he would not. It was not within his nature. The master had reached a point where he understood who he was and what was required of him. He could be a Jedi and still acknowledge what he felt. Judah could even lead with his emotions. While he was not a Jedi of the old ways, he did adopt a much older version of the code than his blue friend had.

Emotion; yet peace.

Judah chose peace. He felt everything, love, joy, anger, sadness. It did not make him any less Jedi because he always sought to find the peace to experience those emotions in a way which would keep him from giving into the passions that could cloud his mind. It meant he walked close to the line, he always had. Even Bri knew this about him. That knowledge was foundational to their friendship. The fact she could accept him for who he was and he could accept her as she was made them work.

The banter returned as quickly as the pair found themselves being serious. Judah appreciated they could move in and out of such things with relative ease. Despite the long time they had been apart it seemed as though they had not missed a beat.

Judah laughed.

"Mellowed with age? My dear Cambria, I promise you like a fine wine I have only become more appealing."

He winked. It was fun to tease her. There was more laughter before letting out a sigh which was full of relief to have something of his past renewed.

"And yet, here we are. It is as though we have not been apart all these years. Things change and life moves on. I understand these things. It is the lesson these katas teach, one I would like to forget, but how can I? Our friendship was a constant for us both when we were younger, and it can be again now that we are more seasoned. Perhaps if we bring the lessons age has taught with us it can be even more so."

The master was not sure what he meant by that. His heart yearned for something that he could not define, but there was a longing in his thoughts he desperately tried to hide from the Twi'lek despite their bond and her natural infinity toward empathy.

"The Great River. I have barely found myself among the New Jedi Order and you would have me join another organization. I will dwell on it. There have been many rifts and philosophies among the Jedi as of late. With the Maw and the Empire I would rather all of us unite as one."

There was a moment where Judah paused. Did Cambria know that Starchaser was chief among those who urged the New Jedi Order and Silver Jedi Order to ally with the New Imperial Order during the Brynadul crisis? It was best Judah keep it to himself. Unity demanded it. How could he preach a message of unification and relay information that would seek to divide. Judah had his moments where he was an ass, but it was not the symbol he carried.

"Shadows are needed in general. I will do my part."

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png

The Rutian Twi'lek's brow furrowed ever so slightly as she heard Judah's answer to her invite as it were. Was she misinterpreting what he said or did the other Jedi Master just disregard her valuable work?

"Let us walk, shall we? I always think better when I am moving," Cambria announced after a thoughtful moment, then laid her knowing golden gaze upon the man. "And yes, some things do not change."

The blue-skinned Guardian pushed up from the seated position at the edge of the fountain, then grabbed her cloak from the stone bench a few feet away, slipping it back on. She took a deep breath as she did, then released the feeling of tension stewing inside her into the Force.

"I want you to understand the Great River is not an official organization one joins or takes an oath of allegiance to. It is rather simply a group of individuals, Jedi, and civilians alike, who through their own contributions help to keep a stream moving throughout the galaxy to carry the endangered or enslaved to safety and their freedom. Nothing more, nothing less," the Twi'lek nodded, trying to convey the importance of her work over the years to the Corellian, then she continued as the two strolled slowly through the garden area side by side.

"I first learned how to navigate the river when I was just a young Jedi Knight. If you remember when we first met, I was keen on taking down slavers and helping the freed slaves to resettle and build a new life for themselves. It was the underground fugitive network concept created a millennium ago by the great Jedi Master Luke Skywalker that I used to achieve this goal. Later after the Galactic Alliance was brought down by the Sith Empire's endgame plot and the NJO ranks were decimated and the Shattered went into exile, my passion you might say turned into rescuing fellow Jedi who were stranded behind enemy lines and or captured as POWs using the same. Now, most of my focused time has been on finding untrained Force-sensitive sentients and making sure they are kept out of the hands of the Darkside as well as cultivating new Jedi initiates. I admit though as a servant of the Light that is not all I do nowadays. The galaxy is descending back into chaos once again. Our true work is just beginning I am afraid.

Cambria stopped and turned to face her old Jedi partner; gold-speckled hazel orbs meeting his darker ones, searching them for a moment before speaking again.

"All I was asking of you, my friend, was if you should ever decide to offer your assistance, I would gladly accept your help and companionship. Though I must say I have been a wayseeker for the better part of the last decade, I may not know how to handle working side by side with another... One reason I could not finish the young Tholothian's padawanship," she sighed as if it was a failure on her part; a moment of admitted weakness seldom shown to anyone.

Last edited:

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah listened. It was the one thing with age that had changed. There were still moments where he was quick to judgment and expressing his opinion, but the year of friendship invested with Cambria warranted his silence for now.

“I did not mean to degrade your work, and if that is how it came across I apologize.”

Another rare thing for Judah. Usually he did not apologize for offending people. A much younger Judah would have not thought a day could pass without offending someone, but his mission had always been to bring a change to the Jedi they had not wanted. In this instance, Judah could not afford offending a friend when they had just mended a past wound.

He stood and followed Cambria as she explained her intentions and more of how her work had shifted. It was not what she was doing that bothered Judah, but rather that it seemed to work outside of the order. Judah was not one to defend the New Jedi Order to any degree as he was disenfranchised with Jedi as a whole, but his goal for unification saw him taking views and positions he would have mocked only a few years prior.

“This galaxy has changed so much during our time in it. We were so eager to jump into the Army of Light in our youth, then it was the Silver Order, then the New Jedi Order, and then I watched as a wedge was driven between the two. What I seek more than anything in the remaining years I have left is to see Jedi working together as one, and I have had to swallow my pride to do that.”

He sighed.

“Chaos is the natural state of the galaxy I am afraid. Our task is to keep it in check. We are facing war again. It was the Maw, and I believe the quiet from them now is a small respite. The Empire has now betrayed the Galactic Alliance, something I warned the New Jedi Order about before they ever agreed to choosing an alliance with them over mending relations with the Silver Jedi. If the Galactic Alliance finds itself in a two front war, our work will be more arduous than either of us have experienced before.”

Cambria talked about herself. She had stopped and looked him in the eye. There was a part of Judah that buckled every time she did so. Her eyes had always been a trap for him, but they had also been the bane of his existence. He had received chastisement many times with a simple yet firm look. This was not one of those times. There was something else in her eyes, an emotion Judah had never seen or sensed within the Twi’lek before.

“You are too hard on yourself, Bri,” Judah said as his hands wrapped around her arms just below her shoulders. “I have been following this path longer than you have, and it has been a lonely one. Only recently have come to operate under the guidance of the council once more. But that is not why you could not complete Chiassa’s training.”

He smirked.

“You couldn’t because it was not yours to finish. JJ and Chiassa need each other, and she he take her on as his student, should you arrange it, you will see that as truth.”

His eyes bore into hers and his face fell a bit more serious.

“And I know you too well to know that your path as a wayseeker would be the obstacle to us working together again.” He paused. “I covet your friendship, and I desire your companionship. We were partners once and we can be again.”

There was more Judah could say. Did he dare to? Their relationship had always been a close one, but it had not always had the same boundaries. A different choice many years prior could have seen their lives completely opposite what they seemed now.

“You must understand in this… my feelings have never changed nor have they grown cold.”

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png

Cambria listened thoughtfully to her old friend. and she knew he was right but... she still doubted herself.

"Your points are well taken, Judah. And if I am honest, I have missed your wise counsel," the Twi'lek nodded, then continued.

"I then will contact JJ and have him meet me here at the temple. I see that you are teaching again. You always were good at that. Perhaps I will have Chiassa take the lightsaber lesson... It would be a good introduction for both of you as well, inconspicuously of course," she grinned softly.

What the Corellian said next, well Cambria wasn't sure how to exactly react. Deep down she knew, knew this to be true all along. Sticking to her convictions though, the Jedi had always followed the code. It was just who she was. What the man wanted wasn't something she could give in the way he wanted it, but companionship... or being partners like before, well they had made a great team.

The blue-skinned Guardian lowered her head for a moment to gather her thoughts, then raised it back up again, golden eyes looking to his brown once again.

"Judah, I want you to know how I do cherish our friendship very much. Though, I can not give you what you seek in the way I believe you desire. If you can live with that, then I would gladly be your Jedi partner once again to the end, if that is what the Force wills."

R E F L E C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah nodded. He knew his point was right, but he did not need to say it again. He was glad Cambria seemed wise enough to take his advice for the moment. It caused the briefest fleeting moment of regret as Judah thought about the years they had gone without seeing each other. They had vanished, but Judah knew they still had a lot of time to make up for.

Naturally she had inferred what Judah hid within his statement. While the Jedi would never presume to push Cambria in a direction she did not want to go, he was old enough to know that not saying anything would only cause problems for them later. He knew her commitment, but if they were going to work together again, the older Lesan had to be sure she knew his feelings.

“I am not asking you to break your old ways, though should that ever change, I better be the first to know.”

Judah was teasing. He chuckled a little trying to lighten the tension of the moment. He had not asked her for anything other than to bring an understanding, yet for some reason Judah felt like he just got turned down for a date. It was an odd feeling.

“We have always been good friends and partners. I would be happy to renew that. I just thought it was best you knew the truth before our paths intersect once again. Maybe it was foolish of me, but I felt it necessary.”

They had to be honest with each other, nor could they allow anything to destroy what they were building once more. Keeping secrets and hiding feelings would only lead them back to the place they had just escaped.

Judah started walking once more, this time turning toward the training halls.

“She might find the class a little basic, but I would be more than happy to meet your student. JJ will be happy to see you as well. Don’t let on I had a part in this?”

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png

A smile grew upon the Twi'lek's face, then came an amused twitch of her lekku. "Well noted, my friend. I would not expect anything less. and yes you would be the first to know should I ever change my mind... It is a good thing though you have learned patience," she winked, then began walking again alongside the Corellian.

Cambria highly doubted she would ever break her vow, but if honest there had been moments in the past where such wayward thoughts had clouded her heart and mind, though quickly dissipated into the Force. They could never have what he and his wife did, but the man's companionship was a blessing nonetheless.

"Chiassa is most likely more advance than many that will be in your basic lightsaber class, but the young Tholothian is humble and will take the lesson for what it is - a good review of the foundations of which she has already learned."

As the two Master Jedi finally came around to the entrance of the gardens Cambria turned her head towards Judah, then spoke in a casual way. "I have very much enjoyed our talk and time together once again... Perhaps we may share a meal sometime or even a spar while I am still visiting the temple," the Guardian suggested since the future was always in motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom