Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Some Adjustment Needed [Open to Jakku Enclave]

The words caused Aayla to break step, turning her body partly to stare back at the other.

Master...

Aayla would offer a half-assed bow to the other, oddly it was a perfect mixture of respect, and utter disregard; Enough to be ignored, but also enough to be reprimanded.

"Padawan, Aayla-Senn Shan... A pleasure." Aayla responded, moving towards a group of tight-knit individuals muttering amongst themselves. She had no interest in discussing anything with them, but was aware they had a ship that was perfect for their purposes. Given she didn't even give the Master a chance to discuss whether they had a better means of transportation, her instincts were alight, telling her if the Master did possess a ship, it was likely a one-seater. She could be wrong of course, but doubted it.

It was a slow grind, but she was getting tired of the diplomatic process of being a Jedi. She felt as though there needed to be more autonomy with the specific members of the Concord, Order, Organization, what have you... Beyond that, she felt as though there was more for her in the future. Not just taking orders all the time; doing what someone else thought, or watching their young die, and get wounded in place of the old.

If they were the ones breaking their backs (no pun intended) for this, then they should be calling the shots. The situation with Ala only helped to cement these feelings.

"Come, stay... Doesn't make me any different Master Valery. In the end, I've failed my friends, and this order if I can't answer for such a heinous act..."

Valery's eyebrow raised for just a moment at the half-assed bow but didn't address it. Valery is quite a traditional Jedi for the most part, and bowing is part of that, but she also wasn't one to reprimand another Jedi's Padawan unless truly necessary.

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Padawan Shan." she said, specifically using the last name for the same reason that she bowed. Of course, she did use first names if that was preferred.

Valery then walked after Aayla as she moved to arrange transportation. She did have a ship of her own but as Aayla thought, it was a one-seater so they were forced to use other means of transportation. However, there was no discussion and Aayla seemed to be moving quickly - she hoped that the Padawan wouldn't be too reckless due to a desire to act now and too fast. But for that reason, Valery wanted to go with her as well. She had made a promise to Ala, so she followed the younger woman to the crew ahead.

While it wasn't uncommon for her to use public transportation or arrange private transport, she was careful with it. They were going on a dangerous mission so she wanted a proper ship and crew if others were to come along. So her eyes quickly focused on the group of people and analyzed them while Aayla moved ahead to talk to them.

"I understand." she then said to Aayla, "I'm coming with you and I can pay for our transport." she eyed the ship and its crew before looking back at Aayla.

Words would be exchanged, while young Aayla had a sharp tongue, and a demeanor, and personality to match. For a meager sum, she would bargain for transport to the location, even using the fact that Valery had come with her own transport to haggle the price even lower. Arguing that a seasoned fighter pilot in tow should make the trip even easier (she had no knowledge of the others prowess in such affairs of course).

When all was said and done, they were all aboard, and ready to take off. For now she stood on the loading ramp of the craft, arms folded across her chest as malice ran through her mind. She was good at coating it, but how could it not be there. The young woman was angry, and rightfully so. Valery was correct in her evaluation of the situation. Aayla had no other reason to rush headlong into conflict than there was a chance she would meet the Bryn'Adul in battle.

Within an hour, they would be gone however, moving to figure out what these peoples problems were, and aiding assistance. Aayla would train her mind incessantly on the voyage, barely speaking if at all to the people ferrying her through the galaxy.

In the back of her mind, something was spinning. A feeling of discontent, matched only by her determination to become much stronger than she was. Given, she still used what she was taught, meditation, and understanding went into what she wanted to do; though it was borderline seething at times, she tried her best to stick to her Jedi teachings... They simply didn't help her in the now. Not how she wanted.

Valery smirked and was quite amused by Aayla bringing the cost of travel down with her sharp tongue. Luckily, her playing Valery's piloting experience as a card to drive it down further wasn't one they'd regret - Valery was an experienced pilot and could keep them out of trouble. Of course, she hoped for the journey itself to be uneventful. The job itself was going to be quite dangerous already.

Once everything was on board and the entire crew was ready to go, Valery spotted Aayla on the ramp and even without the Force, she could tell how strong the conflict within her was. Valery had seen it so many times before in her former Enclave. She had seen Jedi rise above it, and watched others fall into a darker well they never got out of.

She hoped that Aayla would overcome it with time and the right help.

"Come on, it's time to go." she said with a soft tone of voice as she approached, signaling they were ready to depart.

And within the hour, they were well on their way towards these people in need of assistance. Much like Aayla, Valery found herself a quiet place inside the ship to meditate. She knew they were heading for trouble and while she was very combat-capable as the Battlemaster of her old Enclave, the Bryn'adul were a threat that didn't yet exist during her time. No matter how strong you were as a Jedi, she knew better than to underestimate an opponent.

Completely calm and quiet, Valery would remain isolated on the ship, waiting for the moment of arrival or someone needing her assistance. But when it was time, she'd be ready to uphold the promise she made to Ala. She was going to do her best to keep Aayla safe, even if the help wasn't desired or appreciated.

No, no, no, don't you frown.

Caltin's words rung through Ala's mind like a crescendoing drum beat. With each word he spoke, Ala felt the pressure behind her eyes not decreasing, but increasing. How could one be so wrong about her? Lao-mon. Sarka. The Battlecruiser and Argaloth. All of it. She had killed so many people since coming out of cryo-sleep. She was no longer the Ala Quin that Caltin grasped so tightly too.

Don't you do that. Don't be sad on me.

This didn't stop her. She was still unpacking the consequences of what happened on Sarka, and that did not much include the physical consequences to which she was still very much unaware of the severity of her physical condition. Hands balled in dainty, yet newly calloused fists, a remnant of her increased use of her lightsabers.

You are the reason the Jedi are who they are.

What had been a trickle of tears became a chest twisting sob. It was too much. Too much pressure. She couldn't be that. This universe she had been born anew into, it was dark. Violent. Death and destruction were its main course and apathy its dessert. It would change anyone, right? She wasn't a bad person because she got sucked into the battle and it had changed her? Was she falling to the dark side? No. But. Was she?

"I...can't be...all of that, Caltin," she said through sharp intakes of breath, "I'm just me."

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin

Now her thoughts were betraying her. He didn't pry into the details, but all that she has faced since coming out of that cryo-sleep. She's facing the weight of some of the decisions she's had to make. It's nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever as he had to learn and face the same thing. That is not to diminish what she was feeling. The Jedi was feeling the weight of decisions that she has never had to make, and realizing that sometimes you do have to evolve and grow as a Jedi, and not all growth comes easily. He faced it himself. Faced it when he lost her.

Now listen here, kid.

He poked her with a smirk.

Whatever has happened to you? Whatever you've done? It doesn't change who you are in the slightest. It just adds to it. You're still Ala Quin. You're still my little sister. You're still a Jedi Knight. Yes, that monster broke your spine. Yes, like a... well he's going to answer for it... but the arrogance of him is spreading. You know what? You're here, and I am not leaving your side. You're going to get through this, and I will be here with you. You know why?

Sitting down, hand on hers.

... it's because you are truly "just you..." but that is what makes you special. I can be "me" because you are being "you." That is how it is, and that is how it will be. You know why? You've never given up on me being me, and I'm not ever giving up on you.

He knew what she was going through, but a big part of him didn't like it. She shouldn't have to, but it was a necessary part of a Jedi's growth. She needed to learn to face this type of adversity and grow from it. She wouldn't do it alone though. He did.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

As the tears began to subside, Ala was left with the haunting words of her big adopted brother. The memories had flooded back completely. The death and destruction. The carnage of battle. The moment she jumped from the wing of that great Bryn beast, like a fool thinking she could end the life of the dominant, destructive Tathra Khaeus. It was in that moment that Caltin's words hit her.

Broke...my spine....?

Not true. I can move my legs...

They had never needed concious effort to function, but Ala found herself focusing with all she had. Nothing. She lifted her arms to be sure that she had control. Though weary, the still cooperated. But her legs?

"Caltin...I can't move my legs..."

He clearly knew. But what he didn't understand, was that she didn't want to be special. She wanted to know how to live in his time of death and destruction. She wanted to know how to fight, and not lose herself to the battle. But the questions remained unasked as she lay there trying to grasp a greater, yet more basic question.

What good am I to anyone now?

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin

Her thoughts still betrayed her, but he did not let on. He knew that she did not want the pressure of who she was anymore. He did not either, maybe this was a part of both of their evolutions. Maybe this was the way they each found their own place in the universe. He was not wrong when he told her that there were “a hundred ‘Caltin Vanagors’ out there.” It seems like half the galaxy is what he once was, and that is both a good and a bad thing.

But her? She never wanted to be special, sure, he knew that always did. The thing is, he was the same way, that is why he recognized the look that she gave. It was frustrating, but he could live with it. Ala was always so bright and bubbly, it made it so much harder to cheer her up when she was down because she was always the highest of highs, but reached the lowest of lows.

You can move your legs… you always could. They’re just a little hard of hearing right now. So we find a new way to reach them in your mind...

Yes, that sounded naive, but it was meant to.

… and until then… we get you a hoverchair… and you learn a couple of other skills. Like hovering through the Force. He shook his head. I wasn’t kidding when I said that nothing that happened changed who you are.

He poked with a smirk.

Even if you won’t get that through your thick head. You're a Jedi, regardless of what you've been through, and we'll go through a lot more in this little tunnel we're in right now, but we will get out the other end.

He shrugged.

We always do. You'll see when you reach the level of Master.

He gave her "that look".

I said what I said.

ZhUyygm.png

Being taken to Vanagor School seemed to be exactly what she needed. He was right. There was an element of indulgent self-pity in her thoughts. She would allow herself some time to grieve, but not pity herself. Not feel sorry for herself. Her choices had gotten her here, and her choices would get her to the next point in her journey too.

She had lost her way. Even if a little bit. It was a little scary, knowing that the dark side could wrap its alluring embrace even around her. It had always seemed so far away. It was like an unrepariable border had been broken in her heart, she would never be the same for having looked into the abyss of her worst nature. Perhaps the ever effervescent Ala Quin had died on Sarka. But something else could be brought to life from the rubble.

She took a deep breath. Resolution filled her mind. Caltin was right...mostly. She couldn't give him a total win after all, it wouldn't be sporting.

"Thanks for being my...me," she said with a soft smile, while reaching for his hand.

"You know. You are pretty good at being tender and mushy when you need to be," she said with a little glimmer of a smile.

She offered a squeeze of his hand. "I said what I said," she said in a weak, teasing tone of voice, "you going to go with that line, really?"

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Ala Quin Ala Quin Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Valery Noble Valery Noble

Dammit.

What is it that she has? What kind of power does she hold? This girl could make this Boulder of an id...Jedi... tear up as if on command. Wiping his eyes with his free hand, Caltin looked away for a moment but the damage was done.

You're there for me when I need you, I'm there for you when you need me. Always will be.

It was ridiculous to be worried about people seeing this, as anyone who knew them for more than five minutes knew the dynamic, but what was getting to him was the fact that he could not simply just sit there. He had to think about what had happened, and what might come of this. The thing is though, there was something different about her this time. There was a resolve that was coming out of her that he had not experienced before, but it did not worry him. That made him wonder what was going on...

... this seemed to suit her...

Of course, she was picking on him, she did that.

You like it when I get like this, and you know it.

ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom